AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-28, 16:19   Link #101
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Currenty downloading the videos, and all I have to say is FINALLY!!!! Been waiting for a D3 for years -_-;;

BTW, do I need a certian codec to view those vids? Or are they in the standard avi, wmv, mov? Can't tell since they are in *.zip
It's the same file type as any other bnet trailer/gameplay movie. AVI encoded with DX50 (Family: MPEG-4). If you could play the previous trailer/cinematic from blizzard you can play this one to. They should start using h.264 imho. 600mb for a 720p 20min movie is meh >.<

Quote:
Witchdoctor - Your Necromancer, it knows FEAR OMGWTF.
I can see the crazy party/raid leader voices from TS being posted already. For the people who played WoW. Some probably remember the crazy raid leader from Chromaggus iirc, as well as some others. "MINUS FIFTY DKP!!" or "WHELPS/SKELETONS EAST SIDE!! WEST SIDE!!"

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 18:56   Link #102
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

just checked out the vids, and I instantly slapped a "MUST GET OR GOD WILL SMITE THEE DOWN!!!" sticker on it

it does look like it was worth the wait(I don't say that often.....actually only ever said that for Transformers movie and DoAX2)

can't wait!!
Old 2008-06-28, 19:46   Link #103
kujoe
from head to heel

Wow, a new Diablo game at last! To think that it was just a dream back then. Oh man, time to relive the good old days. Am I going to waste a lot of time with this one...

I saw some of the artwork, and I was wondering if it's hinting at selectable genders per class. I think that would be a good option, but I still lament the loss of the Necromancer. Well, perhaps the Witch Doctor might have been due to a new setting, but the Necromancer is a favorite of mine. At least the Barbarian is still awesome though.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 20:57   Link #104
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The gameplay vid shows female versions of the barb and witch doctor.

There's concept art of possible other character classes. One of them looks like a female necro, but no certainties. It's in the artwork trailer.

(EDIT: NVM I think it's just a witch doctor)

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-06-28 at 21:25.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:09   Link #105
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I saw some of the artwork, and I was wondering if it's hinting at selectable genders per class. I think that would be a good option
yea seems they are doing this this time around, and gotta say a good thing, in this day and age having the classes pre-set would be just be put simply gay
Old 2008-06-28, 21:19   Link #106
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

If you read the FAQ it tells you that the gender of the character will be selectable.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:21   Link #107
brocko

By the way, just a word of note. There are still two more upcoming Diablo panels at the WWI Paris if you want to check it out.

The:

World Lore and Environment Art panel at 10:00 Paris time at the Tournament Stage/stream

and

the Denizens of Diablo one at 17:00 Paris time at the Main Stage/stream.

Check em out here: http://www.blizzard.com/wwi08/streams.xml?rhtml=y
There's also a time table there too if you wanna check out what other stuff is going on. Use this to check out the current time in Paris: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/curre...spx?city=Paris

I'm still not sure whether I'll be able to catch em or not as I'll be out around the time of the first panel and the second Denizens of Diablo panel I'll most likely be able to catch, provided i don't fall asleep first lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:52   Link #108
NoLongerSane

Just saw the vids and I am very excited to see this game come out. Looks like they will be increasing the boss sizes for this one. When I fist saw the boss in the demo vid, I was thinking "oh crap, this is going to long." I enjoyed how it was intorduced as something roaming in the background, then it take one of archers.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:55   Link #109
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Some info from ign regarding the witch doctor.

Jay Wilson, a lead designer on Diablo III, said the witch doctor is not a replacement for Diablo II's necromancer - source ign.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 22:02   Link #110
brocko

It's not meant as a replacement, but that doesn't mean that he'll definitely be back either. But who knows the dev team did say the necro was a really cool character and they liked him a lot too. If he does come back though would quite a bit of overlap between the two wouldn't you think? Maybe they'll drastically change the necro or something. We'll see with time I guess.

Anywayz just a bit on whether Diablo will be pay-play like WoW, i ran into this Q and A from sclegacy
Quote:
Q: Will it follow a subscription model or will it be free to play out of the box?

A: We haven't decided on our financial model.
Please dear god no. Subscription fees do not want!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 22:30   Link #111
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Are you ceriualo, like WoW? But it is hosted on Battlenet. That is a definite no and doesn't even deserve to be "Decided on". I will kick Blizzard for all their marketing, passionate gamer my ....
Old 2008-06-28, 22:35   Link #112
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Awesome. Seriously can't wait getting my hands on Starcraft II and Diablo III. Need something to take me away from Dota.

If Diablo III turns into a monthly fee kind of thing, there will be hell to fucking pay.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 22:37   Link #113
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Jay Wilson, a lead designer on Diablo III, said the witch doctor is not a replacement for Diablo II's necromancer
/cheer there's hope yet.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:16   Link #114
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Aaaah, I'm so hyped up now! I've always been a Barb and Pally person, so glad to see the Barbarian made it over. I'm also like the new direction their taking by removing the potions and having the characters benefit more from a variety of skills. That'll definitely make it more interesting. Not sure how that'll go for PVP though. For the inventory system, I think they should have the restriction based on weight but one that doesn't affect the speed of your character. So basically, there's a maximum weight that you can carry instead of dealing with the spacing and will make it less of a hassle.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:27   Link #115
NoLongerSane

Well, we will be recieving more information in the coming months dealing with the layout and game play. As for that boss fight in the game play vid, did anyone noticed that the creature just pick up on of the characters and bit off his head, automatically killing him! This might provide some challenges on how to come up and attack certain bosses without being outright killed, but this is sort of bad for me since I usually played with characters that were pretty much in the front line when it came to fighting bosses.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:59   Link #116
Maes
その目だれの目?

I do hope they keep the Sorceress, or at least a class similar to her. My favorite class in D2 was my pre-1.10 Orb/Wall Sorc.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 03:42   Link #117
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
I can see the crazy party/raid leader voices from TS being posted already. For the people who played WoW. Some probably remember the crazy raid leader from Chromaggus iirc, as well as some others. "MINUS FIFTY DKP!!" or "WHELPS/SKELETONS EAST SIDE!! WEST SIDE!!"
Onyxia actually. But pretty darn funny either way. It was made even better with the video. ^^

Anyway, Diablo 3 looks great...but I'm not gonna get hyped up over a game that won't be out for at least another year. On the other hand, I'm so freaking glad that the commotion over the splash screen is done and over with.
Old 2008-06-29, 03:58   Link #118
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad that Diablo 3 is confirmed to be true even if the release date is still on hold.
Hope they'll bring back the Pally too.
Old 2008-06-29, 04:08   Link #119
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Any news from the latest D3 panel earlier?
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 04:17   Link #120
NoLongerSane

What I am hoping for is the return of the Druid. I have a lot of fun playing the werebear.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler