AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-29, 03:50   Link #41
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Oh ns sigs Sephi, very great job on the current shuffle sigs.

I'll be anticipating for the Nerine sig since you already took the Kaede one, me like these 2 girls the best

Anyways good work and keep it up =]
Old 2007-06-29, 04:31   Link #42
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
really digging the new style seph... i honestly see no flaws... GJ, keep it up....
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 06:31   Link #43
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks guys. Well here is the Nerine sig.. or more like signatures

As indecisive as i am... I ended up with at least 5 versions and i can't make a pick which i should keep... So i hope you guys can help me out.

Well this was the first version. I thought of going for the same Kaeda look. But somehow it didnt gave the same feeling. Perhaps it was the lack of photo's!!!

Thus i went on
Spoiler for to many versions...:

And in the end.. I'm not happy with any of it but i invested quite a lot of time in it and meh... I called it a day and hope some of you can point out some things to improve the sig. Guess they all went downhill after the Kaeda one.

Next sig batch either Sola or Strikers. But mmm been rather quiet around strikers lately...

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 06:43   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i'm kinda late... let's see :

Asa : my major problem is the right render. i'm not really fond of using different charac design for the same char on a sig, and it doesn't work too well. the blending and light adjustement didn't really improve the mood (and some of the small boxes on the top left has also a problem with blending... or perhaps it is their quality?). this is the only negative point of the signature. (good job with the structure and the choice of the green stuff. not really easy to do something fitting asa)

Sia : like you mentionned, the left board is pretty much a placeholder, but it isn't really a problem. OTOH, unlike the other sig, Sia signature looks a bit weird because of the right render. in fact, sia gaze is towards the left, and not to "us" (well, the viewer of the sig). i think this is important since the big render of each shuffle sig is the most important element.

Nerine : i think the problem is simply the BG altogether. instead of using beach, i think you should use something more... "nerine" like
what about a gentle night with the moon for example?
i think you should keep the way how you were doing : each sig have somewhat the same structure, but use different way to show the character.
thus, i'm not really liking the kaede clones.
the fourth version is a mix between Kaede and Primula.

the last version, is to me, the best of the 5.

i will agree with your comment, everything gone to downhil from kaede, but that doesn't mean it is really that bad. it is only a matter of picture. the rest (blending, cut, etc) are top nocht and pretty clean.

meh, that said, pretty much consistant work, and you sound like loving to work on "set" too
Old 2007-06-30, 12:39   Link #45
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the last version, is to me, the best of the 5.

i will agree with your comment, everything gone to downhil from kaede, but that doesn't mean it is really that bad. it is only a matter of picture. the rest (blending, cut, etc) are top nocht and pretty clean.

meh, that said, pretty much consistant work, and you sound like loving to work on "set" too
Guess the last of the 5 will be it than I was out of ideas for shuffle signatures. And mm I never look at things that many way as you pointed out about Sia direction of looking. I still got a long way to go. Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is very useful as always. Always nice to learn a new thing each day. Good to hear good criticism.

This is also one of my test results.

Less random as the c4d once of before. But still didn't came out like i wanted. Especially with the black part on the left. But i will get it right for the next time.

As for sets. Mmm it's quite rare for me to make a set i guess. I only make sigs of anime characters i like. (99% girls ) Which usually result in 1 sig each anime serie or so. But the whole shuffle cast was just so kawaii.

The next upcoming one of Strikers will have at least Subaru and Teana. And Caro to. I was hoping for a Nanoha and Fate one to. But there lower priority. My idea for my striker set the following. I wanted to have a render at left/right. Than with the transformation flip (pic below) from intro at the other side.

But the size could never be kept down at 50kb. And the other problem is i would have to cut out every frame one by one. Which is 10 frames on this one. Lowered from 52 to 10.. The animation still looks ok But in the end it's to much of a hassle so i guess i'll have to think of a new way to make my Strikers set.

But guess it's better to start with Sola since the idea for my strikers set isn't doable. And... brrrrrr last time i visited the Nanoha image thread was when they were at page 150... When i look at it now.. I get scared at how many pages there are now...

Old 2007-07-04, 05:18   Link #46
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Oh noes... double post!!! I feel like a criminal now

Latest project. Concept of my current signature set for Strikers!

I'm quite satisfied with the animation part and overall look of signature. Might change the animation. But blergh the size limit is really making it hard. Even now this one is 50kb... And it's only 3 frames. Have several animations of Subaru ready. But i'm afraid to get starting on those to see how it looks due to size limits

So static version. Looks really plain...
Spoiler:

Following sig in this style planned for the following.
Caro
Teana
Lutecia
Rein

If anyone got any suggestions comment's criticism i'm happy to hear it. It's just a concept atm. So hoping to improve it.

Forgot about these 2 avatars i made :P There from episode 13 Hayate no Goteku. My favorite anime from this season. Tama is just lol

Old 2007-07-04, 11:05   Link #47
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Ouch... you could have asked me to break the posts in between so you wouldn't need to use the-criminal-method. ^^

Well, for the Subaru sig, I like the static version better =). Ah, but since I can't do graphics designing myself my only active qualm now would be the choice of text... Especially that for the shuffle set XD.

Thus the question: Why your choice of words? ^^

Oh yeah, and, yay!!! Thanks for sharing your bucket!
The photo one, that is.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:47   Link #48
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

i think the static one does look plain.
Or well the animating one does like 10 times more *insert cool synonom for "cool"
Old 2007-07-05, 02:57   Link #49
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Oh noes... double post!!! I feel like a criminal now

Latest project. Concept of my current signature set for Strikers!

I'm quite satisfied with the animation part and overall look of signature. Might change the animation. But blergh the size limit is really making it hard. Even now this one is 50kb... And it's only 3 frames. Have several animations of Subaru ready. But i'm afraid to get starting on those to see how it looks due to size limits

So static version. Looks really plain...
Spoiler:

Following sig in this style planned for the following.
Caro
Teana
Lutecia
Rein

If anyone got any suggestions comment's criticism i'm happy to hear it. It's just a concept atm. So hoping to improve it.

Forgot about these 2 avatars i made :P There from episode 13 Hayate no Goteku. My favorite anime from this season. Tama is just lol
WAI~! I love Subaru I love the sig good job :3
Old 2007-07-07, 13:16   Link #50
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the comment guys. Though mmm wasn't to much feedback on how i can improve it. So in the end i smacked some tech brushes and filled the animated window with tech stuff. Stopped with other sigs i planned in same style. Although Lutecia and Caro one is close to finish. For some reason it just looked a lot worse than the Subaru one.

In the mean time i did made this sigie.

Really liked the render so gave it a go. Tried some new brushes. Mixed the brushes with c4d. The font doesn't seem to go to well... Fonts are always a damn pain >.<

And i been polishing up my animated knowledge with making animated avatars. Current avatar. Had to scrap the loop out.

With loop 88kb T.T
looped within 50kb.

Hayate animated avatars from episode 14.

Old 2007-07-07, 13:22   Link #51
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Render is awesome on your new sig. It's a bit too light on the left portion of your canvas. Bring out some definition from either your brushing or c4d work. Not a bad compilation with both brush and c4d fractals. Nice job. As for the text, don't worry so much about it at this point. Concentrate on your bg work then work on your text.
Old 2007-07-08, 05:15   Link #52
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for your comment. I darkened the left part of the sig a bit.

Added decorative dots to the text.......

original Lacus version
Spoiler:

Sola banner v2.
Spoiler:

V3.

- Softened the silly vector lines.
- Darkened the area near Matsuri hand.
- Added photo frame and feathered out the edges of those to make it blend in more. Don't know if it turned out worse or better. But it feels less empty now

Added second banner

Sort of a crop and scale. Added text. And feathered out the edges and rotated it a bit.

Last edited by Sephi; 2007-07-08 at 13:13. Reason: Added second banner
Old 2007-07-09, 03:03   Link #53
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Mmm i actually didn't had any troubles reading the text... But perhaps it is a bit unclear.

V2

Gave the bird a glow and changed the font. This font should be easier to read now...

Old 2007-07-15, 07:07   Link #54
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Whoa all the way from third page Goes fast the fan creation section.

Sola signatures

Aono sigie.

I'm quite satisfied with how the background turned out. In the only problem was it looked to empty, so i filled the background up with paper. Though the first version had her origami planes. The second version the planes got switched for just paper. Hopefully it gives it a less aggressive feel . Though i really don't know what else to fill the background with.

Matsuri signature.

Another one facing the problem of looking to empty. I wonder why i always end up with a sig that seems incomplete or to empty T.T

Somehow both signatures has a really empty feel to it. Meh hopefully I'll improve with smacking less obvious placeholders on my sigies. Hopefully my next signature won't suffer from the problem the current two has. Probably gone make a Kyou no Go no Ni signature.

Added a banner and garbage bin section to the first post.

Old 2007-07-15, 07:49   Link #55
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Very nice and Simple sigs...go real nice with the Sola mood. Cant believe u had to double post even after that UFO no Natsu Banner. Really like the banner. Over all..a great job

Keep them Coming..

*cookies 4 u*
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 12:51   Link #56
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks toxic. And meh.. i'm surprised i didn't had to commit a triple post yet. But i don't think i will be spared from that long.

Aria banner

Here is the third entry for the daytime gradient. I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome except for the fugly font. Which i will probably change unless everyone love it........ (like that happens )

critics and comments are welcome. Even if it's a total massacred.

PS: if someone know where to get a similar looking font like Aria could you pls let me know? I browsed countless pages on DA font. But nothing that was sort of similar to the Aria font. (Aria font from the title)

Old 2007-07-20, 10:20   Link #57
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Probably my three final entries for the daytime gradient. Though i'm thinking of scrapping the Sola one. But mmm... I'll see if i can come up with something good.

Aria banner

Sola banner

Iriya no Sora banner

click spoiler for bird less version of the Iriya banner. I'm not sure which to use...
Spoiler for bird version... if you can see the bird that is :p:

comment's and criticism are welcome(no matter how harsh they are), especially if you could point out flaws

Old 2007-07-20, 15:50   Link #58
Epsilon
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Epsilon
The Iriya no Sora banner looks like a winner, it's near perfect IMO, the bird version is much nicer, great work the other 2 look a bit amateurish.

And to think i was going to enter this competition. Lol. Well..not even going to bother now lol

Great work
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 12:40   Link #59
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
bird version... if you can see the bird that is
It's next to the text! On the right!~ kyaa! But they really look almost the same.

First two banners seem a little light. Third one's great ^^

=D on a side note, what happened to echo's avatar and signature? o_O
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 13:12   Link #60
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for comments guys.

2 Sigie to update

Tried something new. I'm personally quite happy with the result... until i saw it on the forum It honestly looked good in the gray background of photoshop!!! But on this white one the color seems dull

Simple crop and scale job... No point making a scenery myself if it would turn out worse. So may as well just do a crop and scale.

And the fitting avatars...

Took the cheap way out on both... Already stored my Chrno crusade on my external hd. So cba to extract a gif out of it...

And 3 avatars i made from Seto no Hanayome.

Guess which girl is my favorite so far from Seto no Hanayome

I notice i keep making the same mistakes...
The aria banner and my recent sig... The white was whiter on the gray background... But on a white background the color seems more dull... Aah well.. hopefully i get it done better next time.

@innominate Ay that bird Still wondering which version myself. Though my personal preference goes to the bird less one. As for the first two. You should of saw my first version of Aria. You would need sun glaces