AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 02:48   Link #1801
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kirame: Hair (Deep affection)
Ryuuka: Forehead (Congratulation / Friendship)
Awai: Eyelid (Admiration)
Kuro: Ear (Seduction)
Teru (Younger): Bridge of the nose (Sherishing)
Hisa: Cheek (Deep affection / Kindness / Gratification)
Sumire: Lips (Love)
Saki: Neck (Desire)
Komaki: Back of the neck (Attachment)
Toki: Back (Confirmation)
Yumi: Chest (Possession)
Yumi: Arm (Tender love)
Yumi: Wrist (Lust)
Kei: Back of the hand (Respect)
Hiroe: Palm of the hand (Supplication)
Unknown: Fingertip (Admiration)
Saki (Younger): Belly (Going back)
Sumire: Hips (Bond)
Awai: Thigh (Control)
Awai: Shin (Submission)
Awai: Top of the foot (Dependency)
Awai: Tiptoes (Adoration)

Let your imagination run wild!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:21   Link #1802
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

She's a pro player. I'd assume she's their main coach? They do mention that they do know her.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:08   Link #1803
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
The biggest thing for me is the revalation that Teru isn't the Tin women even though we've seen tiny glimpes its a shock. Akado actually coaching is weird as well. But mostly in this chapter is the badass-ness of Yuu.
To me this chapter is what previous chapters should have been. If Harue is actually a good coach, as she is suddenly revealed to be, then we should have seen at least a bit of evidence of it before. OK, she couldn't have done anything about Toki because there was no data, but we could at least have seen something, even just a ten-second clip, of her researching Senriyama. Her dereliction of duty vis-a-vis Teru was really bad: Teru is the champion, Harue should have been researching her for weeks yet all we saw was her standing aghast watching Kuro getting beaten up. The only data the girls had was stuff they remembered from a magazine article! Again, there's not much Harue could have done to help Kuro, I don't think anyone at that table had a chance against Teru except maybe Toki if she could consistently use her Triple ability, but at least we could have seen some sort of effort at preparation. The other teams have members like FunaQ checking out all the opposition in detail, Achiga gets Harue doing stuff when she feels like it!
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:23   Link #1804
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Snipes the sniper*

Teru is mine to protect!
Apparently, you killed Sumire.

Oh great here comes another sniper... The sniper is in a mecha sniper. I should help you now. *gets ready Dynames*
Old 2012-08-12, 10:50   Link #1805
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Saki: Give back Nodoka to you? Well, finders keepers you flat boarded nopan jersey-wearing Shizuno...
Shizuno: Okay... the jersey I'll take but flat as a board and nopan... look who's talking?
Awaii: Don't you ignore me here, Saki... your grudge is with me!
The fourth player: What am I supposed to be? Chopped liver? This is the Majhong Nationals, right? Don't you three ignore me! That's it!! When I win I'll be having my myself an oneechan and a big boobed wife!!

It's going to be a free-for-all-winner-takes-all battle...
Sorry but your 4th player really sounds like Kyouko to me. I can easily imagine her saying things like this in the finals. Depending on who the 4th player is, reaction can vary. Imagine if the 4th player is someone similar to my avatar with her goggles on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
The biggest thing for me is the revalation that Teru isn't the Tin women even though we've seen tiny glimpes its a shock. Akado actually coaching is weird as well. But mostly in this chapter is the badass-ness of Yuu.
I felt that Ritz is trying to make Teru more human-like as the series progress while opposite can be said for Saki. Saki has becoming more and more like a true monster with each passing match.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:00   Link #1806
Qilin
Romanticist

Hm. 68 pages for chapter 13... It seems Ritz-sensei has found her stride once again. Let's look at everyone individually:

One thing I'm definitely happy about is finally seeing Sumire in action, and with a fitting crazy power to go along with it, the ability to target any player. Still, I'm not exactly thrilled by her supposed "weakness" since it feels a bit cheap to me. But then again, reading body language is a valid strategy in poker, so I guess doing it in mahjong isn't all that different, just that it should be a lot harder. As a side note, I just can't help but love how she looks. That long flowing hair is like something out of Japanese mythology after all, plus she has the elegance and grace that goes with such a comparison.

On the other hand, Shindouji's sergeant is no slouch herself. On the contrary, it seems that she still has some surprise in store. She's playing normally for now (minus that habit of not declaring riichi), but I wonder if she has some sort of power.

As for Yuu, I'm simply glad about her perfomance so far. I was worried that my favorite Achiga wouldn't be getting any love, but here it is. Though I am a bit ambivalent that it was done at the expense of making Sumire look worse, but I guess that's a necessary sacrifice. It really is nice seeing how reliable she's looking right now.

With all the players are going around doing and preparing all sorts of crazy stunts, someone has to take the brunt of the impact, and I'm sorry to say that this role falls to Senriyama in this match. It really is sad that this happened right after everything that Toki did to extend the match to that point. Izumi is going to have to work hard if she wants a chance.

In any case, I'm glad that the chapter explained why Toki chose to fight against Teru's streak instead of assuring their place as second. If no explanation was given, it probably would have haunted me forever as an unexplained plot hole.
Old 2012-08-12, 22:06   Link #1807
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Saki has becoming more and more like a true monster with each passing match.
Doesn't seem that likely -- the moment she starts laughing like a maniac, while holding Nodoka from behind and clutching one of her large hopes and dreams, with dramatic lightning effects, then I'll accept it -- but I do agree that the narrative on Side A seems to be leaning toward Saki's "reawakening" as not necessarily a good thing for her. At least, because by the time she actually WINS her matches, the readers have actually grown attached to the players she crushes (Toyone T_T).

On the flipside, we're seeing that there's more to Teru than the aloof and frankly cold sister we've been shown in both the earlier chapters of the manga or the first anime. Honestly though, she needs to smile more. Or is she one of those types (like Sotomura from Waratte! Sotomura-san) where her smiles can come off as threatening instead?
Old 2012-08-13, 04:09   Link #1808
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I felt that Ritz is trying to make Teru more human-like as the series progress while opposite can be said for Saki. Saki has becoming more and more like a true monster with each passing match.
I think it's just an inevitable product of the way the series has been written.

Saki has been this slightly ditzy character who's happy to get +/- zero to keep the peace, but unless Ritz wants to lay down a few carpets for her to walk over - which she doesn't seem to be doing - she's bound to have to toughen up and show a bit of ruthlessness if she's going to achive her goal of getting to the finals.

On the other hand, for the last few years the main thing we've had to base our understanding of Teru upon has been that scene in ep. 20 of the anime where she says she 'can't warm up'. That scene made it look like the whole of the Shiraitodai team was made up of grim ice maidens. Anything that shows a human side to those characters is going to look like a softening.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:18   Link #1809
night_sentinel

Hey guys look at what I've found!
More Saki pro card collectibles. This time its Kokaji-pro!

night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:30   Link #1810
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Haruhi, Sukoya, that dress.

Kidding aside, it looks like Sukoya isn't in her thirties after all, but she's STILL older than both Uta and Yasuko by about three years. Hey, and it seems that she's the World 2nd Ranker...

World 2nd Ranker!?!?
Old 2012-08-13, 10:30   Link #1811
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Hey guys look at what I've found!
More Saki pro card collectibles. This time its Kokaji-pro!

Wow, for serious? Kokaji-pro is totally OP, lol. Well, I love it anyway since Sukoyan is my favourite pro; dat gap-moe, .

Anyway, here's what the description says at the bottom:
Undefeated within the country. Eternal Title "7 Crown" (or "Peerless 7", something like that). Number 2 ranking in the world. Voted every year in the Ebisu Jidai (I'm guessing that's a national league) as league MVP.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-08-13 at 10:41.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:35   Link #1812
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...Someone like that is stiill number 2 in world ranking?

..seriously? Is the first one someone from mudazumo with their absurd ability like Super Aryan or something?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:40   Link #1813
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
...seriously? Is the first one someone from mudazumo with their absurd ability like Super Aryan or something?
If this all of a sudden comes back to the Miyanaga matriarch, I'll throw my hands up in defeat.

Also, it's likely that the World #1 IS from Mudazumo at this rate. Superpower inflation is expected already.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:43   Link #1814
Sol Falling

It's unlikely that the world #1 comes from Japan because the first line says "Undefeated within the country." Although I guess that's still inclusive of tons of Mudazumo characters.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:00   Link #1815
JW1

Strange, in chapter 56 Kouko asks Sukoya her world ranking and she says it's 973rd.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:12   Link #1816
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought the pic said that she was the former 2nd in world ranking?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:16   Link #1817
RJ TAYLER

That outfit would not look out of place on Frida Lyngstad from ABBA, heaven help us if we see the current Number One her play style would be 'cosmic' to say the least.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:04   Link #1818
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I thought the pic said that she was the former 2nd in world ranking?
Yes.... notice the "moto" (元 - former) before world ranking #2.
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:22   Link #1819
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
I think it's just an inevitable product of the way the series has been written.

Saki has been this slightly ditzy character who's happy to get +/- zero to keep the peace, but unless Ritz wants to lay down a few carpets for her to walk over - which she doesn't seem to be doing - she's bound to have to toughen up and show a bit of ruthlessness if she's going to achive her goal of getting to the finals.

On the other hand, for the last few years the main thing we've had to base our understanding of Teru upon has been that scene in ep. 20 of the anime where she says she 'can't warm up'. That scene made it look like the whole of the Shiraitodai team was made up of grim ice maidens. Anything that shows a human side to those characters is going to look like a softening.
To be fair, we just finished seeing Teru obliterating the table to the point of getting the other players in tears while acting colder than Nodoka, so any kind of humanization after that is genuinely surprising. You do have a point with the rest of Shiraitodai, though.

About Saki, it's scary that she is toughening up while still pulling off those stealth +/- zero. If she breaks that limit... And how in the name of god has Nodoka not noticed this!? Even if it doesn't upset her, wouldn't she at least demand an explanation?

P.S: If Kojaki wears that in her free time, what kind of stuff would Kouko wear? Unless only mahjong powerhouses are allowed to have that kind of fashion sense.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:32   Link #1820
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
P.S: If Kojaki wears that in her free time, what kind of stuff would Kouko wear?
See Saki: Biyori and Saki: Otona no Maki for that. We have at least two chapters devoted to what Sukoya and Kouko do one their days off, and the outfits they wear. They're pretty casual, actually, which is why I was personally surprised at the goofy choice of clothes she's wearing for her Pro card profile.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri