Old 2008-07-21, 07:23   Link #461
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
To hell with the missing epic battle scene ;______;

ep 16
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-07-21, 08:09   Link #462
Key Board
Carbon

I think Momiji is planning on eating Noboru... literally..
Old 2008-07-21, 13:57   Link #463
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I find it fascinating that I keep watching this series despite it leaning heavily into the "monster of the week" syndrome. The fight scenes continue to leave me "heading to the kitchen for a sandwich" but I do like watching the character interplay.
Old 2008-07-22, 20:52   Link #464
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-22, 21:56   Link #465
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-27, 14:24   Link #466
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Gyaahh! The preview was fake after all!! >_>

Spoiler for ep17:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-07-27, 15:45   Link #467
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Okay I have to say...

ep 17
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-07-28, 01:31   Link #468
mandarb916

17's the only ep i can recall thus far, except maybe ep1, that was a little too serious in nature. not to say it was a bad ep, but for a series that's been a very good balance of comedic antics and seriousness, it was a little out of character...still it was good to learn about some background information on a number of characters.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:38   Link #469
minnadaisuki

I really like all of the characters on this series. However, I am tired of waiting for the English subtitles to come out.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:54   Link #470
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Gentle note: complaining about fansub release schedules can be a bannable offense on the AS forums.
People who create fansubs do it as a hobby and they usually have jobs, classwork, and real life to contend with. Its remarkable that fansubs come out weekly rather than once a month ... and sometimes it can be several months between releases.

Patience and having-other-things-to-do is the antidote though ... no argument one can spin in circles hoping for the next fix of an episode.
Old 2008-07-29, 05:16   Link #471
Sunab0uzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Gentle note: complaining about fansub release schedules can be a bannable offense on the AS forums.
People who create fansubs do it as a hobby and they usually have jobs, classwork, and real life to contend with. Its remarkable that fansubs come out weekly rather than once a month ... and sometimes it can be several months between releases.

Patience and having-other-things-to-do is the antidote though ... no argument one can spin in circles hoping for the next fix of an episode.
so true...+ they're doing it for free
Old 2008-07-29, 12:51   Link #472
minnadaisuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

I'm not complaining. My apologies if my post is a little bit offensive. In fact, I do appreciate their work greatly. Without them, I wouldn't be able to enjoy watching those series.

I also help them by giving out donations.

It's just that I should have taken Japanese lessons instead of Chinese. In that way, I can be able to watch the raws without any problems. I'm too preoccupied with work so I can't study anymore. Reality is indeed harsh.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:54   Link #473
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnadaisuki View Post
It's just that I should have taken Japanese lessons instead of Chinese.
Its not too late to take Japanese.

the real reason why fansub groups delay releases: its a conspiracy to encourage you to learn J.
Old 2008-07-30, 06:33   Link #474
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A new ED will be used starting episode 19.

Title: Shiawase no Kotodama (シアワセの言霊)
Sung by Kuu, Kou, and Gyokuyou

It seems to be an ED where "cute" deformed characters dance and sing...
Spoiler for sample "deform" characters:

Wonder why episode 19...? Maybe the last arc starts on that episode.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-07-30, 06:48   Link #475
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Last arc huh...what are the chances for a season 2? In fact this series hasn't followed much of a plot anyway so I wonder what they can do to wrap things up

Old 2008-07-30, 09:26   Link #476
minnadaisuki

I'm not expecting a very good plot on this series. However, the series itself is rather enjoying and fun to watch. It wouldn't matter if the story will not progress very well.
Old 2008-07-31, 04:39   Link #477
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So caught up to episode 14.

Looks like denying being the Mizuchi's head didn't help this time. But man talk about a bad day. You go with the high hopes of a cute girl wanting to meet with you and you get some guy who then proceeds to kidnap you. How depressing.

Can't blame Kuu for the capture of Noboru. Since every time something has happened the target has been Tooru. Not that they want Noboru in particular just as a hostage to get Shiro-chan. Since it was pretty obvious that the tattoo girl they were after was Shiro, just with that charm completely wrapping her up no way you could see them.

Time to go to the rescue! Don't mess with the people Kuu is out to protect or your going to get burned.[/Spoiler]
Old 2008-07-31, 04:48   Link #478
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnadaisuki View Post
I'm not expecting a very good plot on this series. However, the series itself is rather enjoying and fun to watch. It wouldn't matter if the story will not progress very well.
I agree with that feeling. The "daily life" aspects of the series are really more interesting and entertaining to me than any "battle boss of the week" or "series climax" -- so I'm not wringing my hands if those things don't really pan out.
Old 2008-08-01, 23:10   Link #479
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Episode 15

Well glad the subs are really getting closer now. But somehow I felt disappointed at the end of this one. Was expecting a good fight to rescue Noboru, but in the end just handed him off without much fuss. Sure got a bit with that fire enemy, but a quick collapse of the ceiling ended that rather fast. Though the series most entertaining times have been interactions with the characters rather than battles.

Kuu had to hit the nail on the head though . Though really they could have kidnapped him at any time. There is really no security put around Noboru except when he's at home. Whether he was lured by a note that he thought was from a girl or not its sloppy protection as well.

Still nice to see Mubyou get a minute of air time . Enjoyed having her around though doesn't seem like she will have much to do with this one.

Kind of feel for Tohru. Built up a connection with Shiro and she's just handed off. Sadly that's how it went down and one person will just have to deal with that. Kuu made the call though I would have rather had the Oni taken down .

Would say the preview sounds exciting but....With the talk of fake previews and missing epic battle scenes. I don't have great expectations there.
Old 2008-08-03, 13:34   Link #480
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uwaah! Kugimiya Rie!

Congratulations, Bekira and Tsukyomi, for being the most unlikable characters in this anime (arc character-wise)~! ......

Spoiler, the animation gets great at times.

Spoiler, if you watch this episode, you'll get to see a mini-skirt miko-san.

Spoiler for ep18:

Closed Thread

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural