Old 2009-10-07, 08:40   Link #6301
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Who is in the list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
It lists all the seiyuus that will be attending (that we know of), but I don't which people play which characters so you'll have to look it up.
Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch), Koshimizu Ami (Kallen), Sakurai Takahiro (Suzaku), Yukana (C.C.), Mizushima Takahiro (Rolo), Sugiyama Noriaki (Rivalz) and Narita Ken (Jeremiah).
Old 2009-10-07, 12:45   Link #6302
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Aftermath of R2 would be nice.

Not so much for daily lives...for the state of the world after ZR.
Tokyo is miraculously rebuilt in about a week, Japan is somehow one of the most powerful nations on the planet with Kaguya ruiling the UFN, which sports a bunch of countries who never speak.

Do you honsetly think that they would suggest that Lelouch's actions had any negative consenquences?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 12:49   Link #6303
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Tokyo is miraculously rebuilt in about a week, Japan is somehow one of the most powerful nations on the planet with Kaguya ruiling the UFN, which sports a bunch of countries who never speak.

Do you honsetly think that they would suggest that Lelouch's actions had any negative consenquences?
Tokyo was hardly rebuilt, and it was much longer than a week.
Old 2009-10-08, 09:57   Link #6304
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

Deadpanning is a common trait for Taniguchi.

Plus Sunrise wants to execute part 3 of their massive money-milking scheme, setting up the background for R3. Hahaha

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 10:57   Link #6305
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What would R3 be about? I'm sure Sunrise could come up with a few ideas but I can't really being to imagine what they'll be...
Old 2009-10-08, 11:06   Link #6306
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
you already know my angle for it
Old 2009-10-08, 11:08   Link #6307
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

It'd be pretty easy to do an R3 . One of the things that absolutly floors me is how little people pay attention to history and the lessons learned. One thing we saw from World War 1 is that people are easier to conquer if they are tired of War. Hitlers ruthless expansion was made possible by the other nations rejection of war, and attempts to keep war from happening.

If the world is as tired of war as the ending would have us believe, then all it would take is some Megalomaniac with the will to conquer. And thus, we have the setting for a new conflict within the Code Geass Universe.
Old 2009-10-08, 12:02   Link #6308
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Deadpanning is a common trait for Taniguchi.

Plus Sunrise wants to execute part 3 of their massive money-milking scheme, setting up the background for R3. Hahaha
I certainly hope that there is no 3rd season that continues where season 2 had left off. Especially since there was so many problems with season 2. What would be nice, in my opinion, is for Taniguchi to resume production of the original version of Code Geass R2. The massive success of the series should allow him to realize his vision, from the start. The first three scripts for the original version was already written. So it makes perfect sense to resume production from there.

To be quite honest, I don't really see the point of continuing the series after Lelouch died anyway. I would think that the best way to bring him back would be from where season one had left off. That would be the best option because it would simply lead the story to an alternate storyline.

The ending for season was quite nice because it puts that version of the story to a close. To continue from there would ruin the peace that Lelouch had acheived. Although I thought that the ending was the biggest BS of all time, it was better to leave that version as is because most of the main characaters are dead.

I don't think that Sunrise ever imagined that Code Geass would be so successful on a commercial basis. This is what might have caused them to change their minds about the series. And so, they might allow Taniguchi to remake the series the way he wanted, with no interfrence from the Executives.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2009-10-08 at 12:22.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 17:27   Link #6309
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
What would R3 be about? I'm sure Sunrise could come up with a few ideas but I can't really being to imagine what they'll be...
A new evil appears, they ham it up, Lelouch is revealed to be alive, he hams it up, and Sunrise makes millions of dollars.
Old 2009-10-08, 18:24   Link #6310
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Somehow I can see that happening.

I mean,
Spoiler for Gundam SEED:
was never as popular as Lelouch was and he was resurrected lol. It wouldn't be too hard to swallow if they came up with some bs excuse as to why Lelouch is alive.
Old 2009-10-08, 18:27   Link #6311
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I certainly hope that there is no 3rd season that continues where season 2 had left off. Especially since there was so many problems with season 2. What would be nice, in my opinion, is for Taniguchi to resume production of the original version of Code Geass R2. The massive success of the series should allow him to realize his vision, from the start. The first three scripts for the original version was already written. So it makes perfect sense to resume production from there.

To be quite honest, I don't really see the point of continuing the series after Lelouch died anyway. I would think that the best way to bring him back would be from where season one had left off. That would be the best option because it would simply lead the story to an alternate storyline.

The ending for season was quite nice because it puts that version of the story to a close. To continue from there would ruin the peace that Lelouch had acheived. Although I thought that the ending was the biggest BS of all time, it was better to leave that version as is because most of the main characaters are dead.

I don't think that Sunrise ever imagined that Code Geass would be so successful on a commercial basis. This is what might have caused them to change their minds about the series. And so, they might allow Taniguchi to remake the series the way he wanted, with no interfrence from the Executives.
If they do a remake I hope they change things around, maybe not to the extent that it doesn't feel like geass anymore but enough that it feels new and different while retaining that geass feel.
Old 2009-10-08, 18:30   Link #6312
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

As its been mentioned before, less likely characters have been "sunrisen". The only ones exempt from this rule are those shown buried in the casket...which Lelouch was not. Besides, something along this lines was also employed with Gundam Wing, between the series & the movie.

Sunrise isn't known for characters staying dead, especially when a different director is brought in for the next iteration.
Old 2009-10-08, 18:35   Link #6313
Xander

But you're all assuming that any future series needs to be set within the same continuity, avoiding the far more likely possibility of simply bringing "Lelouch" back into some sort of new universe where, technically, he has never died in the first place.

Let's not forget that the Gundam franchise is mostly made up of completely independent universes.

Of course, something different could also happen. I don't have a crystal ball.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 18:42   Link #6314
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eh if you're talking about Zechs for Gundam Wing, there was always a chance that Zechs never bought it, and I figured he was still alive even before I had knowledge of Endless Waltz. After all, we didn't see his Gundam explode, we didn't have a cockpit death scene, and at the end, we have his love interest practically sure that Zechs was alive. Very little was given to point that he was dead, so ultimately I don't think anyone really bought it. So that's not the best example for being resurrected in a series.

Mu, on the other hand, is a good point. But even still, I wish people would stop going on about how Lelouch can be brought back. Yes, if Sunrise so wished it, he could be brought back to life. But in the meantime Lelouch is so much wormfood.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:08   Link #6315
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

If we look in just gundam, yes we have just those two events. However, in Code Geass....we have Cornelia. Shot in the back with a giant machine gun, but look! shes alive. Then we have Guilford. Swore he bit it in the bomb, but no, he lived too. Then we have Orange-kun, gotta love his death/reanimation(he was even supposed to be dead). Also Nunally. That one "official" webpage even had her at dead for a few weeks. And practically everone one the Icaruga when it crashed on the 2nd to last episode.

Code Geass lends precedence unto itself for letting people live that have no business living.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:34   Link #6316
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Somehow I can see that happening.

I mean,
Spoiler for Gundam SEED:
was never as popular as Lelouch was and he was resurrected lol. It wouldn't be too hard to swallow if they came up with some bs excuse as to why Lelouch is alive.
Make the Zero Requiem edition non-canon and just have Lelouch take Charles' code. I mean all your doing is contradicting the guide, and some interviews with that. That's what a significant portion of the fanbase believes anyway.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:47   Link #6317
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Just remember, the Word of God can always be changed. Especially if Sunrise brings in a new God. All in the name of money. Besides, who else believes "Miraculous Birthday" might hint as something rather obvious (or just be another Sunrise Troll)
Old 2009-10-08, 20:01   Link #6318
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaydee View Post
Finally you guys, some good, fresh Geass news :::

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...0.html?#cutid1

Apparently, there will be something new for us in Lelouch's b-day. And most of the VA will attend and stuff. Seems promising actually.
That's interesting. Hopefully it turns out good. Surprised not to see Nunnally's VA doing this live picture drama or whatever.
Old 2009-10-08, 20:13   Link #6319
yvj
U Mad?

Spoiler for How r3 will/should play out:

Yep.

I'm bored

Last edited by yvj; 2009-12-05 at 07:17.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 20:26   Link #6320
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

You sir, are epic. +1 internets for this post.

My expectations if they were to do an r3 would be along the lines of : Oh shit, someone in some country decided he'd abuse the world peace and start war again. And the main character for a while would be Suzaku being Zero trying to save everything...only to be on the losing side. And Lelouch comes out to save the day halfway through, then more crazy crap happens, and then we finally get a happy ending where super-crazy shit doesn't = happy ending.