AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 18:58   Link #21
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck
I love OVA 2 ending
Same here, I found a Comparison picture, (from konosono blog) from one Scene in the ending theme theme.
Spoiler for Compare:

I forgot how much I love the ending theme I wonder what they are going to do for the second Season ^^
Old 2006-01-02, 21:45   Link #22
Chon-Ji
Southeast Passionate

Send a message via MSN to Chon-Ji
I've just seen the OVA and although I've very much enjoyed it I cannot deny that I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping I could see some progress and development in the story and possibly the pairings as well. Well, most of the OVA focused on what happened before this and that and the story didn't progress at all until that Harima and Yakumo scene.

Nevertheless, the Harima and Yakumo scene was priceless, it was worth the wait after all. Before, I could care less who Harima ends up with, either Eri or Yakumo, but now I sure hope he ends up with Yakumo though I think it would be very complicated if that will happen ^_^

Just a side note about Yakumo noticing Harima's thoughts....don't you think she shouldn't get any excited about it, since although it all says "CUTE" there is this one big name on the right that says "TENMA". She should know that it wasn't really meant for her...oh well...hehe...hope season 2 will come soon. ^_^
Old 2006-01-03, 20:24   Link #23
notme
団長

Tenma's name was mostly covered up by Harima's body, it's very possible that she missed it.
Old 2006-01-09, 11:34   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Red face

Am continuously suprised by Yuuka Nanri who voices the soft spoken titan Karen also does the sinister man-eating Nao in Mai-Hime/Otome.

But the hotspring scene is comedy gold. Just when I think Jin-koba has done the joke, he pushes it a little further
Old 2006-01-09, 14:23   Link #25
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Spoiler for Opposite opinion:
I think we can talk outside spoiler-tags, now.

Yesterday, while rewatching the whole OVA 2, I enjoyed the prehistorical arc more, and I have changed my mind about it. Although not the best moment of the two OVAs, it was actually quite good and with a lot of little gems within it

Also, I highly second your opinion about the last scene with Yakumo. Yesterday, while gifmaking a bit on OVA 2, I literally felt in love with this sequence, and not only it was the last gif I made, but I even promoted it as my new avatar. I always love sequences with a girl's face and her hairs blowing in the wind
I didn't remember you made a gif about it, so I remade it. Although they're very alike (of course) I swear it's self-made! (a trained eye should see the slight difference, I cropped a little more on the right than you did and I haven't brightened it).
Well anyway sorry if you should have felt it like a stolen idea =^_^= , it was unintentional!

Oh, and talking of gifs, here's the one which imho summarizes the real School Rumble essence the best! (along with the Onsen Sequence in OVA 1). It's already in the gif thread but it's that case "a pic is better than a thousand words":

Can't wait for season 2!
Old 2006-01-10, 05:07   Link #26
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

hmm back tracking a little..
when yakumo first became friends with sara in ova 1.... it showed that she already had iori as a pet.... but the anime of sr in the first few eps had shown sara already as yakumo's friend when yakumo was feeding an unknown cat .... to be called iori later on...

ok could some one explain the oddity?

oh yeah pellesier thanks for the beautiful avatar.. btw do you post on WF we need more life there...
Old 2006-01-10, 05:47   Link #27
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjuggernaut
oh yeah pellesier thanks for the beautiful avatar..
Please be aware that the gif you picked up was made by Muir Woods, thus you should thank him and not me
Old 2006-01-12, 01:30   Link #28
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

ok then thanks muir woods...
and yes.... ova is cool and all
but we want to see some closure!!!!
so harima.. your choices are eri or yakumo..... take your pick..
Old 2006-01-13, 10:44   Link #29
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

This is great. More SR. Does anyone know when the new series will air in Japan?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-15, 06:50   Link #30
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
This is great. More SR. Does anyone know when the new series will air in Japan?

Spoiler:
Well if my memory serves me right it should start airing around April?

As for Iori, the cat in question; I sort of believe that the cat has always been around Yakumo. I went to read the manga and the cat was already around when the author introduced Yakumo into the series in like chapter 3 of volume 1..(during the "break" within the chapters). Seems that Iori and Yakumo are inseparable...

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
Old 2006-01-28, 19:14   Link #31
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjuggernaut
hmm back tracking a little..
when yakumo first became friends with sara in ova 1.... it showed that she already had iori as a pet.... but the anime of sr in the first few eps had shown sara already as yakumo's friend when yakumo was feeding an unknown cat .... to be called iori later on...

ok could some one explain the oddity?
Yes, this was quite odd, I remember it excactly as lordjuggernaut says.. odd...

I'll start reading the manga anyways.
Old 2006-02-05, 09:20   Link #32
ApathyEcstasy

hah when i made the thread, i only skimmed the two raw ovas..didn't watch them with subs till long after most of these replies were made but i still stand by my point that i think it's lame to have multiple female characters be into the main character while he's into none of the chicks that are into him..and is into a chick that isn't..
Old 2006-02-05, 18:46   Link #33
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
hah when i made the thread, i only skimmed the two raw ovas..didn't watch them with subs till long after most of these replies were made but i still stand by my point that i think it's lame to have multiple female characters be into the main character while he's into none of the chicks that are into him..and is into a chick that isn't..
Okay, apart from the sick-bay teacher, there are only two female characters who are possibly "into" him (Yakumo/Eri).. And him liking a girl who doesn't like him back. Are you sure that is entirely unrealistic? Even in numbers, that happens in real life. I discount the teacher case because I think that's pure fanservice : p

But yeah, while I get that you think harem anime are unrealistic, I think you are overstating your case here for School Rumble.
Old 2006-03-07, 19:37   Link #34
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Same here, I found a Comparison picture, (from konosono blog) from one Scene in the ending theme theme.
Spoiler for Compare:

I forgot how much I love the ending theme I wonder what they are going to do for the second Season ^^

Maybe they are matching, neext to each other.. but i really doubt it..

Tenma-Karasuma [ seems right ]
Hanai-Eri [ right...]
Imatori-Mikoto [ seems right ] .. but highly doubtful
Dont know his name - Akira [ they both dont talk much.. cept that dude ]
Mackenzie-Ichijo [ Im not sure.. but at the sports festival he gave a compliment ]
Nara-Sara [ Names.. heh ]
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
Harima-<3 Yakumo <3 [ BEST, i hope their relationship will increase in the second season ]

Last edited by YakuMoFan~; 2006-03-08 at 19:53.
Old 2006-03-19, 13:23   Link #35
BreakFight

I don't think it is matching.

I watched the two endings (normal and male) versions next to each other and there seems to be no relation between corresponding characters.

but that ending is one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen.

They got it all down to the timing and positions XP
Old 2006-03-19, 14:41   Link #36
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Okay, apart from the sick-bay teacher, there are only two female characters who are possibly "into" him (Yakumo/Eri).. And him liking a girl who doesn't like him back. Are you sure that is entirely unrealistic? Even in numbers, that happens in real life. I discount the teacher case because I think that's pure fanservice : p

But yeah, while I get that you think harem anime are unrealistic, I think you are overstating your case here for School Rumble.
it's easy for me to start overstating my cases about harem shit when i've seen faaaaaar too many harem animes for my own good
Old 2006-03-19, 14:44   Link #37
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuMoFan~

Hanai-Eri [ right...]
Mackenzie-Ichijo [ Im not sure.. but at the sports festival he gave a compliment ]
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
Harima-<3 Yakumo <3 [ BEST, i hope their relationship will increase in the second season ]
i agree..i believe they are matching
Old 2006-03-19, 15:53   Link #38
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuMoFan~

Hanai-Eri [ right...]
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
Actually, it’s more than likely in part due to a time saving trick done by the animators. See that image of Harima? That’s a straight copy from Episode 12 – and there’s no place that you could put that image but the bottom of the set. Don't read in too deeply.

Of course, that Hanai – Eri remark bit brings to light the real reason behind your post. Ordinarily, I’d feel some sympathy for the fact that Hanai is carrying Yakumo in his arms in an image released this week. Now, it’s just poetic justice.
Old 2007-03-12, 07:29   Link #39
patnam

Great, the ova 2's the whole people fight a single mammoth is just like during the Battle Of The Pelennor Fields in LOTR.
Old 2007-03-15, 20:20   Link #40
rarukyu
umeboshi

the ova certainly was hilarious haha. espacially the first one about imadori and lala-chan's smile lol.
Closed Thread