AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-19, 17:38   Link #861
MartianMage

8/10 for me... I found the whole show very good but for some reason didn't really have enough emotional impact or didn't really leave an impression to me to rate it any higher.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 18:54   Link #862
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Fuck you whoever directed this episode, I'm a grown man and you shouldn't be able to make me cry, especially with something that was obviously gonna happen...
Still, the letter killed me, it's impossible to forget someone like that any time soon, much less with a memento like that letter.
I'm barely making sense right now but still had to comment, 10/10, regardless of whatever mistakes there were all around, any show than can make me cry it's getting his deserved 10.
Spoiler for OVA:
Old 2015-03-19, 19:08   Link #863
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Motherfuckin goddammit, I sympathize with her so much now after that letter. She saw Kousei's performance as a child, felt some inspiration and immediately wanted to play the violin to perform with him one day. She's finally in the same school as him, but couldn't get any closer to him. She was thinking of him in the background, and we didn't even know it. It's definitely a cheap blow on the creator's part, and probably even a predictable one to reveal all that in the end. But thatt shit always gets me. It always does. I wish she was a bit more honest with herself. I wish she came clean earlier. ugggh my heart hurts
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 19:50   Link #864
mistress_kisara

That was a pretty powerful ending! So bittersweet
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 19:58   Link #865
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

DAMN IT! I swore to myself last episode that I won't have any tears to shed, but the moment they reveal she's yet another person Kousei inspired in childhood just broke the dam for me. I guess I was partly in denial that Kaori was a 'forgotten' childhood friend like Takeshi/Emi, but the I knew the signs were there and chose to ignore it. Like I knew that Kaori was so knowledgeable about Kousei, her parents knew Kousei at first sight, Kousei being unable to remember ANYONE besides his family/his mentor/ Tsubaki/Watari, but I chucked it all out because I was bracing myself from the feels.

I was already crying in the last half, but man, it REALLY hit home with the picture. Yeah, Kousei doesn't remember her, but Kaori keeping that picture of both of them as something dear all this time, and as a reminder of what she wants to do with him when she grows up, shows that she indeed has claim to the title 'osananajimi'. After that I was bawling like a baby, and once the slides of her with the 2nd ED playing, I totally lost it there.

So all in all, absolutely amazing show. Superb writing, beautifully drawn, masterfully paced, amazing music, and huge emotional impact.BY FAR AND AWAY the best anime that started in 2014, if you go by that category. If you go by the category when the series ends, sure we still have 3 more cours left in the year. But with A Silent Voice being a film rather than a series, I can say with great confidence that this will probably be my #1 anime series of 2015 as well.

Yeah, I like this so much I'm putting it as the next coming of AnoHana, which is saying something as I thought something like that only comes once in a decade. S Tier anime, definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So that Kaori girl died and protagonist got together with ChF? Can I pick it again?
If finding positive things from implications of certain little things that happen in the anime? Then yes definitely. It's not a grand 'get together with each other' typical of western romance with proclamation of love and accepatance of it, BUT it is exactly what I expect of a typcial 'childhood friend couple' get together ending. (You know, something as simple as the final scene exchange of 'tadaima' and 'okaeri' for example)

More concretely, I think that the sneeze from last episode allowing Kousei to start playing again, combined with his smile (acceptance?) at Tsubaki's declaration that she will 'always be by his side, forever and ever' means that they will get together some time in the future.

See, Tsubaki's biggest hurdles in the show are her inability to catch Kousei's attention AND her powerlessness at bringing Kousei out of his depression. Like she had literally done anything and everything to get Kousei to play again FOR YEARS before the series began and shortly after into the series as well, but to no avail. The fact that she accomplished BOTH with something so insignificant like a sneeze means that her actions throughout the series has changed his perspective of her, enough to show that now she really matters in his life.

On the other hand, as everyone knows, Kousei's biggest hurdle in this show is his inability to play because he thinks he is all alone in the world. Kaori getting him out of his initial slump (and by extension him falling in love with her) was partly because she said "don't worry, I'm here with you." And gee, I wonder what Tsubaki said? Exactly same thing except with the 'forever and ever' clause. XD

So some people may say I may be reading a bit too much into things. Maybe, but do note that this writer has shown time and time again that he (she? I dunno I'll do he) is someone who likes to be subtle with a lot of things, and so you have to read into it a little.

I mean, the ENTIRE FREAKING SHOW is based on the lie that Kaori likes Watari, and that wasn't overtly revealed until the last half of the final episode. Thing is, the signs were all there: friend A, her waiting for Watari but insisting Kousei will do instead, her being adamant in Kousei playing again, etc. All of which are subtle hints from the beginning of the show who Kaori really likes; it shows to us the readers that we shouldn't take everything in Kimi Uso at face value. Instead, the show urges us to look deeper with what is in front of us, rather than be satisfied with just a strict reading of the show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 20:44   Link #866
Somnus
Eh?

I'd read the first few chapters of the manga a while back, and decided that I'd wait til the anime (knowing it was coming soon). When the anime started, I told myself that I'll wait until the end of the show...knowing they'd be adapting the entirety of the story. And you know what? It was completely worth it. I'd caught up over the past 3 days, in time to catch the final episode released today.

I do not regret it at all, though my emotions have been thrown around like a rag doll.

There's an innumerable amount of things I want to say about this show, all positive. What I want to say most however, is that I absolutely fell in love with the character Kaori Miyazono (and by extension, her relationship with Kousei), and the ending drew tears out of me like nobody's business. The pain on Kousei's face during the performance was the very same look I had on my own, as I found myself desperately wanting her to be alive, even if only for just a little longer. And then the letter, well, that just wasn't fair. No words needs be said about the state of my heart by the end.

I absolutely loved this show, its imagery, its music, its characters. And again, Kaori is a character I'll never forget, and I've honestly never gotten that attached to a character throughout a show before. That said, it's no question I'll be archiving this one. Whether I'll be able to re-watch it again anytime soon is another issue entirely.
Old 2015-03-19, 20:45   Link #867
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Fuck you whoever directed this episode, I'm a grown man and you shouldn't be able to make me cry, especially with something that was obviously gonna happen...
Still, the letter killed me, it's impossible to forget someone like that any time soon, much less with a memento like that letter.
I'm barely making sense right now but still had to comment, 10/10, regardless of whatever mistakes there were all around, any show than can make me cry it's getting his deserved 10.
Spoiler for OVA:
I goddamn hope so. My heart can't take this.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 20:55   Link #868
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Such a nice ending to such a tragic anime feeling so bad for Kousei threw out this entire series

8/10 such wonderful music
Old 2015-03-19, 22:01   Link #869
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

What the heck, I did not expect a tragic from such a lighthearted yet emotional (sometimes) show. Well, that has to be a lie since before I even started watching the show, the recommendation post has already mentioned there will be tears overflowed. What makes this even more emotional is the fact that these are all pre-determined since episode 1 when Kaori already has her hair down and put up her contact lens. This is so devastatingly sad and totally deserved 9/10 scores if not more. The impact would be much more higher if the second ED is played throughout the last few scene instead of playing 2 different ED. A great way to halt. Great anime.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 22:45   Link #870
Psyco Diver

Thats the best ending to a anime I've seen in a long time, nothing felt forced, it tied up the story just right yet left enough to leave me wondering. The series itself was pretty good, I really enjoyed the music, character development was pretty good through out the series as a whole although I do think they all acted much older than they were suppose to be, if they made this a high school setting rather than middle school I wouldn't have a issue at all. One of the better animes I've seen, I would rate this around a 8 or 9/10
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 22:48   Link #871
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I can't believe how good the ending was. The show kept me at a high 9/10 the whole way through, but I found my 6th ever 10/10 tonight.

I'm still in everlasting debt to this series for glorifying the "Clair de Lune", my favourite classical piece of all time. They even made an insert song around it that sounds lovely. I get chills just by thinking about this series.
Old 2015-03-19, 23:08   Link #872
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Oh god that was so sad even though i knew it was coming :_: so many tears shed. Haven't cried like that since Little Busters. Such great characters, animation and music. That ending really pulled it through.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 23:10   Link #873
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 23:31   Link #874
HandofFate

I thought the series did a great job incorporating the side characters.

Like Emi, Takeshi, and his sister, Kousei's guardian
They had a part in the story, and crossed paths with Kousei, and the story expanded on them a bit. And screentime wise, they actually didn't have much.

But I felt even thoug they weren't on screen, they were living their own lives doing whatever. As opposed to some series, where if characters aren't on screen, it feels like they just stop existing and popped out of existance.
Old 2015-03-20, 01:24   Link #875
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Such an amazing show. That ending. Why are so many amazing shows depressing =(

And my impression, for those that feel otherwise, on why Tsubaki has a chance now is exactly what she stated at the end, versus what he was saying when he had broken down in his home. He wondered why they kept leaving him, and Tsubaki let him know that she will never leave him.

Ignoring whether he could move on, or whether Tsubaki "deserves" to win his affection, the author linked Arima's issue with abandonment via death, and Tsubaki's willingness to be there for him. Narratively, she fits the mold for what he needs.
Old 2015-03-20, 01:34   Link #876
Mubyoshi

If I hadn't already been tragically spoiled, I'd find this ending a lot more sad; was already bracing for impact. Poor Watari, being used like that, but then nowhere near as sad as Kousei and Kaori. Fuck this shit! Dammit dammit dammit, I really did not want her to die!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 02:54   Link #877
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah.... yes I admit I have been spoiled and I even watched this while studying for my exam this afternoon
however, I must admit that this show is perfect for me.. I can't complain about anything since episode 1..
and when there are so much anime that messed up their finale episode, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso just put the best ever finale
I was holding my tears during the performance and the letter
The way they added Kaori during performance and disappeared... damn! that is too perfect...
It is a perfect farewell!

When I read the spoilers, I really view Kaori in negative way...
She is selfishly destroyed Kousei-Watari-Tsubaki relationship because of one single lie
however, after watching this, I really understand her... It is because of her limited time that she need to use every single way in order to fulfill her lifetime wish
and BINGO! It is more effective than she think...
I never see a girl as strong as Kaori that she really put everything in a very limited time
It is also funny to see that Emi and Kaori fell in love with Kousei at the same moment

Yes... it is 10/10 for me
I'm still rooting for Emi X Kousei though (Tsubaki.. I'm sorry.. you got your chances... you can just stay as guardian angel)
The OVA should at least show whether Kousei can enter the favorite high school or not
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 03:09   Link #878
itisjustme

I'd say Arima's mommy issues arc was too overblown and melo, the rest is brilliant. I'm glad they didn't chicken out and go for anime original ending (even though somewhere I was also kinda hoping they'd do it. ).

Everything about Kaori's great in the anime; the art, the characterization, the music, the voiceover, the story. She's so much larger than life but felt amazingly alive at the same time; her impact is amazing considering she spends 2/3rd of the series in the hospital and doesn't have that much screen time. Really one of the most unforgettable anime character that I can remember.

A note on the music, it's a bit sad they only stuck to Chopin, come on, I'd have loved to hear a piano concerto by Tchaikovsky or something. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 04:15   Link #879
Oboro

Spoiler for upcoming ova

Spoiler:
Oboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 04:31   Link #880
RDNexus

Is anyone (now) capable of translating the info about the OVA?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adolescent, bittersweet, contemplation on life, drama, music, romance, tragedy