AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-16, 07:51   Link #1
nduns

When/why did you start watching/reading One Piece

But what got you into One Piece if you are a big fan like a lot of the people on this forum?

My answer is gonna be the most commonly found one, Arlong. This, I feel, almost has the POWER to get people into the series. The Arlong arc could be a devil fruit all in itself! I thought it was just a good series until I saw Nami stabbed herself. I feel that anyone who dislikes the series only dislikes it because they haven't watched up to Arlong. (And that is actually a common case. They see the Buggy arc and just give up)

So, what got you into the series?
Old 2007-10-16, 08:14   Link #2
Nuzzles

Some dude on a forum.

Me: 200+ episodes? Jesus has to have lost its steam by then
Him: Nah, give it a chance. It's really good.

I downloaded the manga, then spent the next few days reading it. xD

Looking back I would've preferred to watch the anime first, but it would've taken too long to download. But still, I love the series, and its currently the only series I download weekly...
Old 2007-10-16, 11:24   Link #3
Jeiku

I first saw One Piece on Cartoon Network, back when the 4Kids dub premiered. I knew nothing about the show other than its edited state, but I really wasn't impressed. It seemed to me the likes of other shonen anime that I am not a big fan of. Young typical boy wants to become the Pirate King... yawn?

I don't know how, but a friend of mine (who is a walking encyclopedia on all things One Piece) urged me to read the manga until I finally did. I was impressed by the first chapter alone and I kept reading. I managed to put up with some of the duller arcs (Buggy and Kuro arcs), and upon the Don Krieg and Arlong arcs my interest in the series was set in stone. Except for Alabasta before which I took a break, I found myself reading it nonstop. I'm more or less caught up with the manga, and despite some ups and downs there were numerous moments that reminded me why I love One Piece so. It's now my favorite manga series, as Oda is a master at storytelling, humor, and emotion.

I tried watching the anime, but after about halfway through the Buggy arc I felt that was more time-consuming... and it was different from Oda's version anyhow. I don't mind missing out on the filler arcs either.
Old 2007-10-17, 03:18   Link #4
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Must be like 2-3 years ago...when the Dub aired for the first time in England....when i first saw it, i wasn't overly impressed, but by the tiem it reached the Don Kreig part...i ended up falling in love. Eventually..i decided to watch the original and found it was vastly superior.

Only started reading the manga, Mid-way into the Enies Lobby arc, took a while to catch up though...
Old 2007-10-18, 06:22   Link #5
Labien Rose

Send a message via Yahoo to Labien Rose
I read the manga from 1 year ago! That time at the bookstore there were 2 new manga, one is One Piece and one is Honey and Clover, but I didn't have enough money to buy both, so that I've decided on OP! ^^ (byebye, H&C TT^TT)
From that time, I stuck in this series!!! XD
Old 2007-10-18, 14:05   Link #6
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Well I saw the episode when sanji{Fav Character} was introduced and i liked his show so then i started watching , then after i got to like ep 300 i read the manga
Old 2007-10-19, 11:33   Link #7
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Jippie a thread like this in One Piece style ;-P

How, when, why did i start One Piece? Well, i was going to Sweeden by car, so i bought a magazine to kill the time. however, halfway i've allready read the magazine 5 times. Wery often when you buy a magazine you get a little gift, and my gift was One Piece manga nr. 1, so i decided to give it a shot.

When we arrived i was totally in love with it, so i downloaded the episodes when i came home.

...But in norway, wer'e only at nr. 27 (skypiea arc).. so i know what's going to happen in the manga when i buy it.. that kinda sucks.

It's all becouse of that magazine and that BORING car trip i've started to watch all those great animes. Thank you, god

Old 2007-10-19, 14:27   Link #8
Master Mold
Banned

When Mihawk cut up that ship, then I heard about a Fishmen with the name of Jinbei.

I kept watching until the day I get to see him, or her.
Old 2007-10-23, 16:15   Link #9
User65554
Disabled By Request

A friend of mine (who regularly goes to America) saw the dub on American TV, and then he bought the first 3 volumes of the manga and lent it to me when he came back to Britain, then he showed me the anime a couple of months later.
That was 2 years ago, and One Piece was the first anime I ever saw.
Closed Thread