AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 187 46.63%
Furukawa Nagisa 203 50.62%
Fujibayashi Kyou 176 43.89%
Ichinose Kotomi 125 31.17%
Sakagami Tomoyo 179 44.64%
Ibuki Fuuko 90 22.44%
Sunohara Youhei 123 30.67%
Fujibayashi Ryou 48 11.97%
Miyazawa Yukine 51 12.72%
Nishina Rie 9 2.24%
Sunohara Mei 67 16.71%
Furukawa Sanae 82 20.45%
Furukawa Akio 141 35.16%
Sagara Misae 32 7.98%
Botan 54 13.47%
IW Girl 46 11.47%
IW Robot 18 4.49%
Others 6 1.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-28, 06:17   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad TV (first season) - Favorite Character(s) Poll ~Second Chance~

Welcome to CLANNAD - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite CLANNAD characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!
If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to (such like Ibuki Kouko, Yoshino Yuusuke, Sugisaka, Mitsui, etc.).

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2008-03-28, 06:38   Link #2
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Tomoya & Nagisa: One of the best couples I've ever seen in anime, if not the best. They just go together so well.

Kyou: Epic fanservice FTW.

Mei: She doesn't get much time, but oh how well she uses what time she does have.

Akio: Complete LOL GAR. Sunohara's gags fall flat at times, but I can always count on Akio as a pick-me-up.
Old 2008-03-28, 06:55   Link #3
Khaos

Arrow

Voted for:
- Kyou for simply being superior
- Kotomi for being clueless and cute and because after her arc she was just put aside, they even didn't show how she got her violin back...
- Tomoyo for simply being superior and deserving better
- Fuko because her arc was the most moving and for outstanding cluelessness and funniness!
- Mei for having much too little screentime while being the most moe character in the whole series.

Not voted for:
- Tomoya for being a slowpoke...
- Nagisa for being too whiny...
- Both because they didn't even kiss in the end.
- Youhei...no comment...
- Ryou for being the boring twin sister clichee
- Yukine...no particular reason to vote for her
- Rie...wait, who was that again?
- Sanae for not cooking good bread
- Akio for not telling Nagisa the truth earlier, that also applies to Sanae!! I mean, letting their little girl in the dark and suffer until she stands there crying before the whole school audience, wtf????
- Misae...no particular reason to vote for her
- Botan...I don't vote boars as favorite characters
- IW girl...I found those sequences somehow annoying
- IW robot...no comment...
Old 2008-03-28, 06:58   Link #4
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Nagisa: Too kawaii... but with substance! Just had to vote for her!

Sunohara Youhei: Always there for comedy relief.

Fu-chan: I seriously miss her... T_T But her arc nearly made me cry...

Sunohara Mei: What an awesome girl! I wish we could have seen more of her, and I agree with Ascaloth, she used her short appearances well.
Old 2008-03-28, 07:33   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The magic in CLANNAD for me is the fact that 99-100% of the cast is colorful and likable...
If it was reasonable, I would vote for everyone, but heh... I will simply cut short to 6 (Can't lower it to 5 ).

-Nagisa & Tomoya: the golden pair. Simply put, one of the rare anime couple who are growing in a steady and nice way.
Individually, they have nothing to be ashamed of:
-Tomoya: A very strong male lead. Sympathic and Empathic, Tomoya is an active character who can interact with most people, along with outstanding humor, without any mischevousness. He is hardly cliché, as he is more like an "average teenager" who is doing what he can do
-Nagisa: "moe blob" at the first glance, but that's really not the case: Nagisa has an outstanding growth and set of values which are hardly failing, even if it is against her own sake. I don't mind her "too kind to be true" (especially that i know 1-2 people of the same category IRL XD), and she is quite the figure that Tomoya needed all this time.
Giant plus: Voiced by Nakahara Mai.

-Kyou: Genki character who is pretty much headstrong and supportive. She has another kind of "selflessness" which is quite commendable (restraining her feelings for Ryou first, then for Nagisa). Lots of fun with her, excellent combo with Tomoya when they are "abusing" Youhei and sure has assets

-Mei: Ultimate Little Sister! It is a shame the Anime couldn't explore her route (and it is hardly possible even with AS considering her situation with Youhei in the anime series). Really energetic, cute and devoted.
And what's more? Tamura Yukari is voicing her ^^

-Youhei: Comic relief? Indeed, but he is hardly only that. Youhei proved to be quite a mood reliever but also an excellent support in many serious situations (Drama club, fuuko etc). Youhei might be superficial at first, but it is only because of the execution of the joke, as his substance is quite something else.

-Akio
: MANLY father. The other great strength of comedy in Clannad. Akio is seriously an excellent character who also bears heavy responsibilities.
What's more? It will be even better in AS!

Honorary mentions:
-Yukine
-Botan

Both lacked some screentime, but I expect some justice in AS ^^".
I would also add IW girl and IW Robot, but since I know what is going on, it is kinda biased. But these scenes are really powerful once the truth is unfold.
Old 2008-03-28, 07:36   Link #6
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Nagisa: Goes with Tomoya so well, really love her cuteness

Kyou: Was great seeing her around when Sunohara was there, great comedy pair heh

Mei: Love her, shame there wasn't more of her in the series though

Akio: Simply brilliant, relationship with Tomoya is first class

Really like the other characters as well such as Ryou, Kotomi, Tomoyo and Sunohara but those were my top 4 so i picked them
Old 2008-03-28, 07:36   Link #7
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Nagisa: Her personality is just very likeable.
Kyou: Episode 17 kinda won me over.
Kotomi: Moe moe moe.
Tomoyo: Uh, poor Sunohara.
Fu-chan: She's too cute to not get my vote.
Botan: Puhi! Puhi! x] Ditto as above.
Old 2008-03-28, 07:45   Link #8
gaguri

Cookies to the garbage toy and the girl. Completely captivated me whenever the robot was narrating his story despite their little screentime. So much so that they left greater impression on me than some of the main characters.

Tomoya for just being cool.

Tomoyo for being able to carry on a conversation as intelligently and mature as Sunohara and Akio, minus their sometimes annoyingly over the top antics when they're not acting intelligent or mature. Which is most of the time, but you kinda grow to find them amusing...
Old 2008-03-28, 08:25   Link #9
Kristen
*Author

Favorites
  1. Ichinose Kotomi - She remains my favorite storyline in school life, she is just cute in every way possible, and she is quite pretty. Violins are just amazing instruments for any character as well. I guess I'm envious of her, since I've always wanted to learn the violin.
  2. Miyazawa Yukine - Maybe it's from the game, but I love her personality. Dreaminess and friendship to all.
  3. Furukawa Nagisa - Main character, and quite possibly one of the best leads I've seen. She was probably the least "awkard" lead, and it became very imaginable that such a person exists. In fact, I probably like her so much because she is like the mirror image of me in the real life. Shy, stubborn, and afraid to take that first step.
  4. Furukawa Akio - A lot of this comes from what I know he becomes in After Story, but I kind of grew to love him like a father. He's just the perfect father in every way, and his ability to show true manliness in every way is just amazing. I guess I admire him more than like him.

Notable Mentions
  • Sakagami Tomoyo - She gets on this list because I love the way she looked, and quite a few bits of her personality. I hated her story, however. It just didn't reach to me.
  • Botan - "Puhi! Puhi!" And that is all.
  • Fujibiyashi Ryou - Tsukasa's twin. Well, her second twin. Though, I really wish I hadn't seen her genderbent... She was just fun to watch.
  • Illusionary World Girl - I'd say why, but I'd be banned for spoilers.
Old 2008-03-28, 08:34   Link #10
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Voted For All of Them... B/c Every Character Have Their Worst And Good Moments ^.^
Even Youhei Have Good Moment .. ^.^
Old 2008-03-28, 10:08   Link #11
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Polls like this can be very difficult to vote in, as sometimes there just are a lot of characters which are likeable, and the result does not reflect which character users ultimately like better than which. Does the forum support a system where each choice is given a "weighting"?

For example, I pick a 10 for Nagisa, a 9 for Sunohara, 6 for Illusionary Girl, etc.
Old 2008-03-28, 10:24   Link #12
Deathscyther

Nagisa: One of the best female leads ever imo. She's a very realistic character, she's very cute/moe, and she's been growing tremendously throughout the series. (10/10)

Tomoya: One of the best male leads ever imo. He's got humour, a wild imagination, but he's always there to help people. He's not perfect either, considering his own family situation. (10/10)

Kyou: She's hot and she's funny. Loved her in every episode and it's sad that they couldn't give her more of a story. But yeah. It was either Kyou or Nagisa, and I'd choose Nagisa's story over Kyou's any time. (9/10)

Akio: Best father ever XD (9/10)

Mei: Best sister ever XD Wish she could have had more screentime. (8/10)

Sunohara: Best comic relief ever. And he can be really smart at times as well. (7.5/10)
Old 2008-03-28, 10:33   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nagisa - 10
I was actually surprised she's topping the list right now. Mostly because not a lot of people understand her headstrong fragility as a female lead who has covered a lot of ground in character development.

Tomoya - 10
Because he is my mirror image, until about halfway through the series where he pretty much left me behind.

Akio - 10
Because I wish my own dad kicked as much ass as he does.

Sunohara - 9
He may be sometimes obnoxious, an idiot and perverted, but I wish I actually had a friend like him.
Old 2008-03-28, 10:33   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Polls like this can be very difficult to vote in, as sometimes there just are a lot of characters which are likeable, and the result does not reflect which character users ultimately like better than which. Does the forum support a system where each choice is given a "weighting"?

For example, I pick a 10 for Nagisa, a 9 for Sunohara, 6 for Illusionary Girl, etc.
Unfortunately, it isn't the case.
Well maybe GHDpro/NightWish are hiding a card in their sleeve, but as far as I checked bulletinboards options, there is no weighting for votes in multi vote.
Old 2008-03-28, 14:08   Link #15
Shana

Furukawa Nagisa: I think she is very cute. I didn't really like her character in the series, but through the series she won me with her tears and cuteness.

Sakagami Tomoyo: "W-well, my eyes are bad! of course" win. Also I like how she reacted to Sunohara when he tried to "catch" her XD

Fujibayashi Ryou: Bad at cooking I know. But she's cute, intelligent and I'd like to get a fortune telling from her someday

Illussionary-world girl: I like her simpleness, her softness, and her cuteness ><
Old 2008-03-28, 16:39   Link #16
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Nagisa: Cute Master, any doubt? Watch episode 23 for new reference.

Kyou: She is pure energy, and have great moments. Climax episode 17.

Tomoyo: She have a stable personality. Loved all fights and sports. Episode 18 is the episode for her.

But I like all characters, all have good moments and contribute a lot.

Secundary favorites:

Yukine: Her charms is the best. Very cute too.

Youhei: "Home Run da"

Botan: "Pui Pui"
Old 2008-03-28, 16:52   Link #17
Kobukson

Sunohara: My favorite character. Yes, he's completely ridiculous and the obvious comic relief required by every anime series, but he never fails at pulling a lol. The whole early dynamic with Tomoyo had me hoping for a sec we'd see more than the main get some lovin', but that's the way the Harem crumbles.

Akio: If Man Law was ever embodied into a single man, it would be him. I loved how he gave Tomoya a hard time, especially when they seem to be so similar (well, excluding the loud boistorous ways and overly romantic "NO! I LOVE YOUR BREAD, SANAE!" ).

Kotomi: I thought she was the cutest in terms of personality. A social recluse genius who "seems" to be totally oblivious to everything. I often wonder if she purposely ignored Tomoya in the library...

Tomoya: Strong, pretty, and keeps Sunohara in his place. Still kinda creeps me out how much all the girls adore her and the fact she likes wandering around in a giant teddy bear costume... 0_0
Old 2008-03-28, 17:56   Link #18
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I like a lot of the characters, but I like 2 in particular so much that I could only vote for them:

Kotomi: Hands down the most beautiful anime girl I have ever seen, and I have seen many. Her oblivious personality and her mannerisms, like constantly hanging onto Tomoya and holding hands with Ryou on the way up to the soundbooth, are unbearably cute. Her story was also for me the most emotional in the series (have not played the game yet.)

Nagisa: Every single aspect of her is just oozing with cuteness. Watching her do or say anything always brings a smile to my face. Works hard to achieve her goals despite her lack of confidence and grows a great deal.

Spoiler for series ending, movie ending:

Honorable Mention:

Tomoya: An all-around cool guy, also funny and works hard to help the people important to him.

Akio: Hilarious and awesome, nothing else to say.

Tomoyo: Pretty, sensible, good at many things and has a strong sense of justice. Also becomes extremely cute in the Tomoyo After manga (which technically shouldn't count for this but meh)

Sunohara: Comedy relief with a strong serious side, I really disliked him at first but he grew on me more and more as the series went on.

Finally Kyou and Ryou: Both very pretty; Kyou has many funny moments and the shed scene is one of the most memorable of the series. Ryou is very cute, nowhere near Nagisa or Kotomi level but still cute.

Hmm, maybe I went a bit overboard. Couldn't help it though, such a likable cast
Old 2008-03-28, 18:18   Link #19
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Tomoya & Nagisa - Our favorite couple who grew and supported each other throughout the series. I seriously cannot wait to play this story in the game.

Fujubayashi Kyou - The genki tsundere "tsukkomi tutor", CLANNAD excelled in comedy and that's also where she shines.

Sakagami Tomoyo - I honestly have no reason to vote for her based on the anime, but I'm playing her route now in the game, so you'll have to forgive my bias here.

Sunohara Youhei - THE ultimate best friend for a guy, also carries the school life comedy along with Kyou and Tomoya.

Sunohara Mei - I'll be blatantly honest here: Tamura Yukari

Furukawa Akio - His bat will pierce the Heavens! This guy somehow manages to be GAR and a deep character at the same time. Also a family man, important for CLANNAD.

IW Girl - If you knew who she was, you'd vote for her too. Plus, the animation is freaking amazing.
Old 2008-03-28, 23:04   Link #20
EdenB
Overlord

Tomoya, Kotomi, Fuuko, Ryou, Yukine and Mei.

While I like Nagisa too, she'd not be a favourite for me. Plus I'm guessing loads of others would vote for her because of liking her character combined with her story just having finished so being on everyones mind still.
Closed Thread