AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 02:18   Link #941
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
a Nagato Spinoff Doujin is all good & all but if they were gonna do a spin off why didn't do a spinoff with this then? it would've been so epic lol.

Spoiler for Pic:
It'd only last about one issue before Nagato starts running the place.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-25, 02:29   Link #942
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
It'd only last about one issue before Nagato starts running the place.
More like a chapter.

About the spin of... It pains for me to say it, but i hope Haruhi appears FAST. Those chapters are too sweet, sugar oh honey honey for me... At least i'm not the only one who thought that a party with turkey in the school would be a horrible idea. Asakura is with me! Asakura's character is kinda nice in this manga, but i think a more crazy version would be even more enjoyable.
Old 2009-08-25, 02:34   Link #943
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Am I really the only one who likes Yuki-chan for what it is, rather than what people want it to be?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-25, 03:29   Link #944
ijuinkun

Crazy yes. Knife-wielding homocidal maniac, no. ^^;
Old 2009-08-25, 03:46   Link #945
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Am I really the only one who likes Yuki-chan for what it is, rather than what people want it to be?
It's too early to know exactly "what" it is. So far I'm enjoying it. I'm still waiting for some Haruhi-like twist ... but if it stays a slice-of-life love/com, I'll have no complaints as long as there are a ton of Yuki-licious moments.
Old 2009-08-25, 04:01   Link #946
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Fair enough, I'll admit that even I don't know what it's going to be like at this point. However, it was getting a little irritating that no one else really seemed satisfied with it.
Old 2009-08-25, 06:46   Link #947
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
it was getting a little irritating that no one else really seemed satisfied with it.
Most Yuki fans are either okay with it, or very pleased, myself included.
Old 2009-08-25, 06:56   Link #948
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

They aren't the ones that have been talking about it, though.
Old 2009-08-25, 07:06   Link #949
freakonboard

Just in case someone missed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DupZ-8qQCe0
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/ya/haruhi.flv
Old 2009-08-25, 09:32   Link #950
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So far, I have enjoyed both chapters of Yuki-chan, but really, I'm waiting for Haruhi-chan vol.3 in Chinese.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:19   Link #951
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
The Eva-ish CM?

That was posted months ago. Still awesome though.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:38   Link #952
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sort of like a "what if" story. Either Kyon didn't hit the button (Now his memory is also rest), or this is what happens after he does push the button (he's replaced by Yuki-chan version Kyon, everyone esle goes back to their regularly scheduled positions...more or less judging by Mikuru and Tsuruya's actions.) Or there is no button....the computer is a lie...wait.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:51   Link #953
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Actually, I keep thinking that Yuki-chan is different from the AU in Disappearance.
Spoiler for Just in case:
Just my opinion based on what we've seen so far.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:28   Link #954
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
I agree with Joe.

Also, aparently, quigonkenny was right, people don't know how discuss this spin-off without massive spoilers.
Old 2009-08-25, 23:31   Link #955
freakonboard

IMHO it's just what if Kyon doesn't have his old memories in the first place.
Old 2009-08-26, 02:27   Link #956
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
IMHO it's just what if Kyon doesn't have his old memories in the first place.
From the little we've seen, that seems to be the case here. It seems to be a totally new AU where Kyon never met Haruhi. It seems to be loosely based on the Disappearance AU and other tidbits of what we've read in the LNs (i.e. Mikuru's comment on how she thought Nagato "Wanted to be like her...").
Old 2009-08-27, 01:47   Link #957
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatth View Post
i agree with joe.

Also, aparently, quigonkenny was right, people don't know how discuss this spin-off without massive spoilers.
QFT.

^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
From the little we've seen, that seems to be the case here. It seems to be a totally new AU where Kyon never met Haruhi. It seems to be loosely based on the Disappearance AU and other tidbits of what we've read in the LNs (i.e. Mikuru's comment on how she thought Nagato "Wanted to be like her...").
I'm not so sure. The only real difference that can't be explained away by retroactive rewrites from Kyon "taking the blue pill" is the difference in Yuki-chan's personality, and that's not much to base premise speculation off of. We've already seen evidence in each of the chapters suggesting that Nagato, on some level, knows our Haruhi. In the first, it's the obvious double-take at seeing (and recognizing) her, and in this chapter it's the bantying around of the topic of "isn't it an odd idea to have a food party at school", which while quite a bit more subtle, will nonetheless sound familiar to [unaired novel] readers.

This could all be Puyo tossing in Easter eggs, but I just don't think so. Or maybe the Eva-esque trailer that introduced us all to the project is giving me a hint of a more mysterious undercurrent where there is none... But I hope not. Haruhi is one of the more successful genre-straddlers out there. It does slice of life, it does action, it does mystery, it does sci-fi, it does mindfuck, and if you squint just right it even does harem. And it does them all very well. I see no reason why we can't have the same from someone who has already proven his adeptness in swimming Haruhi's complexly-shaded waters.
Old 2009-08-27, 01:52   Link #958
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Back to Haruhi-chan. Was the manga's island arc (where everyone was in swimsuits, even Mori and Tsuruya) ever animated?
Old 2009-08-27, 02:45   Link #959
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'm not so sure. The only real difference that can't be explained away by retroactive rewrites from Kyon "taking the blue pill" is the difference in Yuki-chan's personality, and that's not much to base premise speculation off of. We've already seen evidence in each of the chapters suggesting that Nagato, on some level, knows our Haruhi. In the first, it's the obvious double-take at seeing (and recognizing) her, and in this chapter it's the bantying around of the topic of "isn't it an odd idea to have a food party at school", which while quite a bit more subtle, will nonetheless sound familiar to [unaired novel] readers.
Nagato change of personality can be explaned. In the novel, we just see her when she is near to the person for who she has a big crush. So she is don't able to speak much. In this manga, by the other side, she is a friend of that person, so can speak more freely... At last is how I would hand wave it
Old 2009-08-27, 02:51   Link #960
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That is a good point. We only get to see what Kyon does in the main series, after all.

*e* Also, given Kyon's "introduction" to her in Disappearance, I'd imagine she'd be a little nervous around the guy. I mean, really.
Spoiler for Vol4:

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-08-27 at 03:01. Reason: adding stuff
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen