AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 31 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 18:41   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I agree with Mentar on all points. >_>

I plan on reading the novels, but as I've said before, I'm the type who refuses to compare any media to another media (such as comparing this anime to the novels). Me, I'm just waiting for a fansub to come out so I can FINALLY watch the episode. So its frustrating that I can't ask about any fansubs here due to the rules.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:47   Link #62
gabbytay
Banned

Nobody is whining we're just stating facts.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:50   Link #63
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

I like how the Opening has more Tabitha. Also I like the ending song, and the new preview theme. ~w~

This episode was a bit humorous, but eh, some people never change. [-Coughs-]ViolentLouiseisviolent[-coughs-]

I have to be honest, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is the Tabitha ark. <3

Can't really rate the episode until I watch it subbed though. lawl.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:13   Link #64
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^^^i like how Tabitha was leaning against saito and louise got mad.....
i guess the novel readers are not use to having things differ between anime and novel....i prefer them to be a little different...it boring to read exactly you are going to watch...and yes i read the translated novels....almost every show i watch and read they are most of the time different...hell if u hate this dont ever read and watch Eureka 7 lol
Old 2008-07-06, 20:19   Link #65
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

^
I awww'd then shared the same expression as Louise a few seconds later. I was jealous of Saito.

Also, I think the novels are always better since they don't overload on the fanservice, however, I'm so lazy when it comes to reading. ~_~
Old 2008-07-06, 21:29   Link #66
Nvis
Where are the good animes

OP is good, haven't seen ED yet.

And for the doubters, S2 OP is not better.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:02   Link #67
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Would you mind telling what exactly was spoiled for you?

Because I seriously do not see what... Siesta's character uninvolvement with the story? It doesn't spoil anything, nor does Tiffania's names mention. that the Tabitha's arc exist? You are pretty much clear of that after watching OP and ED as her character gets more focus than most of the other characters.

Everything else do not seem to be a spoiler either and the most vital information is still under spoiler tags so would you mind telling what exactly was spoiled for you, Mentar?

If you can't see that it is only about the first episode (mostly with the connection of the ending of S2) so it is natural that there is not much happiness and again what do you see as a novel complaints/whinning? That Saito became perv extraordinaire? You don't have to be a novel reader to see that, S1 is enough. Siesta's character changes? Again watch S1 and S2 is enough to see the differences and her character regression, no need for novels to be involved. That S2 was a boob-fest? You must be blind to not to notice.

And no one is complaining about the full S3 it is still too early, just that from the 1 episode Saito seems to heading to the road of wannabe rapist (with his perv still not down to tolerable amount and his agression increased). Yet I haven't seen anyone making general conclusion about the S3 so far...

The actual spoiler, novel only things are still under spoiler so I do not get your whining about whining and spoiling, Mentar.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:44   Link #68
Setonai

I was kinda expecting to see some comedy at least... but meh chars still act the same..
Saito sure is a player with all the girls he got lining up for him <3 Siesta > Louise
Old 2008-07-07, 01:54   Link #69
zero7090

If you throw away the novel and the stupid rune disappearance and other common sense then this ep have 8/10:
story speed is just fine , Louise is spell end the fight like she did as always.
SS 2 Saito married Louise so i dont feel anything wrong with the broom wanting his bride rush to do something. Also explosion is typical in this series.

However, if we count the novel and the stupid rune disappearance , this ep turn out to be bad. First look at Siesta's face, it even didnt show any jealous/angry/whatever emotion which make i doubt still she love him ? Secondly, Saito the demon hunter killing-spree is ridiculous. If one common folk at modern day can slay them that easily then i wonder why did they called monster.

Last edited by zero7090; 2008-07-07 at 02:15.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:12   Link #70
Darknemo2000

Ah, yes, zero7090, thanks for mentioning - it is another gap in anime.

Basically, Saito should not be able to swing a sword so well. With rune gone also his ability to use weapon is gone as well, and no, even if he wealded weapons in the past doesnt mean that he himself learned to do that as well. In other words - he should not be able to do a thing right now.

In novels
Spoiler for novels:

Basically novels have a reason why he without rune is able to use weapon but anime doesn't. He is just a normal boy more or less, and even though he used swords as a Gandalfr now with his ability more or less gone he should not be able to do that.

P.S. As I understand Saito is not married to Louise. Because the the ceremony was not official nor it ended as such. It was just a simulation so i do not see how people think he is married to Louise. That was just a parody to make Louise feel better, nothing more.

If it would have any importance (and I think that being married is an important thing) it would have been mentioned in anime but it didn't. And teh reason for that is that they are not married and all that marriage is just a fake-play as it was never made official. (they needed a royal member or a member from chruch to take a role of the priest, but there was no such thing, so officially - they are not married)

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-07-07 at 02:51.
Old 2008-07-07, 04:38   Link #71
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I was so happy when I went to the forums and saw "Zero no Tsukaima" listed under current animes. I literally started crying, and didn't stop as of yet. Can't wait to see it....
Old 2008-07-07, 04:46   Link #72
HiragaSaito
-Gundalf

Send a message via Yahoo to HiragaSaito
ill give it at 10!
Old 2008-07-07, 04:50   Link #73
Vaelis
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Basically, Saito should not be able to swing a sword so well. With rune gone also his ability to use weapon is gone as well, and no, even if he wealded weapons in the past doesnt mean that he himself learned to do that as well. In other words - he should not be able to do a thing right now.

In novels
Spoiler for novels:
In S2 he was trained by Agnes to fight against Julio with a wooden sword (-> no gandalfr power).
What's ridiculous is that he was able to become so good with only one evening of training
Old 2008-07-07, 04:57   Link #74
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
In S2 he was trained by Agnes to fight against Julio with a wooden sword (-> no gandalfr power).
What's ridiculous is that he was able to become so good with only one evening of training
Hey you could ask that to the staff.

I think translators are pissed with Znt that they wont fansub it(major groups)
Old 2008-07-07, 04:58   Link #75
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
I was gonna mention that too, now that I've seen the episode. Delflinger did say he was pretty capable after one night of training. Plus, in this episode, he did have Delflinger telling him what to do, so its not THAT unusual.

I also didn't see Saito as "borderline rapist" as Nemo put it, but it was a bit pushy, but at least he got what was coming to him, right?

The show made me d'awww, seriously. Definitely needed it after watching ep. 13 of Code Geass R2. Rating this episode a 10; it deserves it.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2008-07-07 at 05:24. Reason: Nemo pointed out I'm terrible at spelling at 3:30 in the morning.
Old 2008-07-07, 05:16   Link #76
Darknemo2000

Ah forgot that part but again, this was one training session while in novels

Spoiler for novels:

So it still doesn't make it possible, no matter how good talent you have you cannot fight so well juts after one training session.

And it is not 'racist' but 'rapist" he really was way too aggressive there. It is hard to imagine novel Saito pulling out such thing,
Spoiler for novels:

I believe that once Tiffania joins Saito pervert extreme will return, now he was all over Louise trying to get in her to the bed, so naturally we haven't seen much boob-jokes that was the center of the plot in S2 but I think once Tiffania joins we will see a lot of those just like Louise-explodes-on-Saito ending all the time...

Hopefully I am wrong and they will indeed focus more on the plot and character development, but there's not much hope left in JC Staff studio anymore.
Old 2008-07-07, 05:26   Link #77
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ah forgot that part but again, this was one training session while in novels

Spoiler for novels:

So it still doesn't make it possible, no matter how good talent you have you cannot fight so well juts after one training session.

And it is not 'racist' but 'rapist" he really was way too aggressive there. It is hard to imagine novel Saito pulling out such thing,
Spoiler for novels:

I believe that once Tiffania joins Saito pervert extreme will return, now he was all over Louise trying to get in her to the bed, so naturally we haven't seen much boob-jokes that was the center of the plot in S2 but I think once Tiffania joins we will see a lot of those just like Louise-explodes-on-Saito ending all the time...

Hopefully I am wrong and they will indeed focus more on the plot and character development, but there's not much hope left in JC Staff studio anymore.
I can understand your position about the novels vs. anime considering you're a translator of the novels, but again, this is why I don't like comparing media to media, I can find more enjoyment out of it.

And thank you for correcting me, meant to say rapist. >_> I'm up way too late.

So, that being said, we just have to wait and see what happens.

Sleep time now. x__x
Old 2008-07-07, 05:36   Link #78
Vaelis
Black Panther

Quote:
The plot of S3 is easy to guess
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-07, 05:36   Link #79
Darknemo2000

Well probably the main reason why I do not like such assertive Saito's mood while trying to get Louise in the bed was that in novels

Spoiler for novels:

In anime it looks like Saito is forcing himself using Louise confusion, and it does look more one-sided than in novels at the similar scene.

Vaelis, i am wondering if

Spoiler for novels:

But yes you are probably right with your prediction. I just hope that they will not overdo with tit-jokes and would center more on the plot and characters instead. Yeah, I know... Not very likely...
Old 2008-07-07, 05:48   Link #80
zero7090

also let me remind that Saito can push Agnes down because of he remind her past. I dont think a ruthless demon can be weaker than a gunman and have emotion like Agnes.
i still feel the scene is ridiculous

Last edited by zero7090; 2008-07-07 at 06:09.
Closed Thread