AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-30, 22:13   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Amagami - Sincerly Yours

Genre: Comedy Romance School Life Shounen
Author/Artist: SAKURA Kotetsu

Synopsis?
Based on the visual novel by Enterbrain with the same name.

Something that might be hard to understand, since the game is a dating game in every playthrough one can choose to court a different girl; and that will involve different events and experiences thorough the game. The fact that there is more than one manga in this reflects on that, as we have the same character experiencing different events and getting close to different girls.

Well, this Amagami is the same as the other Amagami manga and anime, we see a guy, our hero, Tachibana falling in love with one of the main heroines from the original game. I'm not quite sure, but it seems like it may be taking a slightly different approach, by having focus on more than one girl at a time. The 1st chap was kinda hectic, trying to introduce all of the chars from the game, but chap 2 onwards seems to primarily focus on Ayatsuji. Although it seems they've added the Haruka backstory so far, so I don't know whether or not it will become more harem-oriented or not. Amagami's other iterations are pretty good, both of the manga(LGO and PD) are better than this simply because they are more focused, but I like this one as well since it looks like it could touch a little bit of everyone's story(or backstory). I tend to think it more fun for other characters to get involved just to see how they interact with one another, so I hope the mangaka can do a good job expressing that =03(if it IS going to go the harem route, and didn't use Haruka as someone for Ayatsuji to get angry at Tachi for).

Spoiler for chp 5:
Old 2010-08-31, 22:17   Link #2
GundamZZ
残念美人

The story of the web comic is rather random. It is not just focus on one girl at the time. The slapstick humor is here and there. Maybe the plot is somewhat like
Seitokai Yakuindomo and Azumanga Daioh.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:03   Link #3
msg

To add from Frubam - This manga took place when they are in the first year of high school.Junichi and Umehara getting to know the girls including the seniors.

I like this manga - cheerful and light hearted at its core.Like Gundam zz stated, it's full slapstick humor here and there.I'll say this manga about Junichi being central character of him being first year student at his new school.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:50   Link #4
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Is it really Sincerly Yours? Not Sincerely Yours?
I tried looking at that image, but my eyes aren't that clear...
Old 2010-09-18, 01:38   Link #5
GundamZZ
残念美人

If you use windows, you can use Magnifier from Accessories.

Old 2010-10-12, 10:07   Link #6
Gault
inc_mplete

been reading the translations online and buying the original from Enterbrain website,

I was wondering if any of those who read it.. saw a connection to when Jun met Haruka at the park at Chapter 4 and Amagami SS Episode 4 , where Haruka talks about the "Park-boy" ?

since this is A year behind the the anime it just came to me , however I don't think theres one linear canon for the whole Amagami series since its possible to choose 6 girls(8 really if you include Miya and Risa from the game)

I think the most linear path is with Ayatsuji which im supporting the most
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, shounen