zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woun View Post
OP theme:
i really am digging that opening.
Old 2013-10-04, 14:53   Link #123
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Nice opening. Though it's bugging me how I can swear I've seen the bit from 0:29-0:31 on another opening, frame by frame. Though I can't remember which one.
Oh well
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:02   Link #124
erika4dsl

It was so ... typical and bland.
It's only the first episode so I'll keep watching, but it was a letdown.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 16:18   Link #125
Birdway
Banned

I can't decide if was slow or just being too introductory(being a novel adaptation).

But, I need a better raw to give it a better judgment, the one I had barely could hear sound from it.

So far looks god but I need to get the excitement of mixing movement with the soundtrack.

Opening looks nice. Good thing you can find it anywhere.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 16:33   Link #126
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It's vampires, man. We could seeing some hot lip and neck scenes on par with Campione! make out scenes. Besides, I personally found bloodsucking to be a way better turn on than the typical lip to lip.
Don't worry, I doubt it will be 'on par' with Campione (anime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
It was so ... typical and bland.
It's only the first episode so I'll keep watching, but it was a letdown.
The production value looks low indeed. I'm clueless about animation, but it looks rather inconsistent and some parts look 'cheap'.

There are many elements in the story that will need time to build. It's definitely not among the top titles for me (funny thing is I have the first 2 volumes for almost 2 years without reading it ), but decent enough, as a matter of fact, quite interesting. Old skool action (high?) fantasy - storywise - given a fresh coat of paint with modern+high school setting, imo. A much needed thing in times of overwhelming fap/harem/moe/fans-service (I don't mind this but it's simply too much!!). But if you are looking for mind-blowing story with sharp twists and turns, it won't happen. But the scale will increase with more things introduced, though nowhere near the scale of Indexverse.

Waiting for the ships to arrive after we get more of Asagi. And this must be the 4th series I know to have loli ancestors already.

Last edited by larethian; 2013-10-04 at 16:49.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:31   Link #127
Aqua Knight

Wow, not a bad episode actually. Not a shota looking protagonist and he doesn't look like a wuss, so I got one more show to watch during the week.

Autumn season looks quite promising with many new shows
Old 2013-10-04, 18:10   Link #128
blackwhite67
Banned

For the first episode, a good amount of plot of was covered judging from the bits I've read on BT. Animation was pretty good by my standards. Colorful and vibrant just like Denyuuden and Itsuuten. I've already liked the characters from the novel.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 18:33   Link #129
HandofFate

hm, very nice 1st episode.
Lots of content, and characters introduced without being too forced.
Probably the best episode 1s of the 'supernatural' show so far that aired.

Plot/setting reminds me of a cross between Vampire in the Blood and Kizumongatari if it was an entire anime series by itself.

Only thing that struck me as lack of attention to detail is that he's a vampire, and he has some of the standard qualities of vampirisim, but you can still see his reflection, guess it be too hard to try to blend in if they included that.

Also, I understand him getting a nose-bleed in the beginning because of his bloodlust going off when he saw that girl's neck,
but not when he got a nose-bleed and urge when smelling her wallet and scent of the panties(?).

Was she on her period or something, and the scent spread to her wallet?
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 18:36   Link #130
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
hm, very nice 1st episode.
Lots of content, and characters introduced without being too forced.
Probably the best episode 1s of the 'supernatural' show so far that aired.

Plot/setting reminds me of a cross between Vampire in the Blood and Kizumongatari if it was an entire anime series by itself.

Only thing that struck me as lack of attention to detail is that he's a vampire, and he has some of the standard qualities of vampirisim, but you can still see his reflection, guess it be too hard to try to blend in if they included that.

Also, I understand him getting a nose-bleed in the beginning because of his bloodlust going off when he saw that girl's neck,
but not when he got a nose-bleed and urge when smelling her wallet and scent of the panties(?).

Was she on her period or something, and the scent spread to her wallet?
That whole reflection thing is too unrealistic for a science/supernatural setting.

Don't underestimate the power of a woman's scent! It permeates all of a woman's belongings.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 18:56   Link #131
Birdway
Banned

^
True story.

This must be the second female main character of this season going trough that phase.
Old 2013-10-04, 19:03   Link #132
Reality_Breaker

I can't be the only one who at the beginning thought this was Index with vampires, am I?

Love the opening, the second I heard it, I was reminded of H.O.T.D. (seriously we need moar of the manga and season 2 of the anime), I like the anime seems like it will be awesome but, like I said it feels like a Index clone. (Not that it's a bad thing)
Old 2013-10-04, 19:14   Link #133
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

^ Funny, I didn't get Index vibes from this at all. I could draw a few connections to other titles, but none of them were strong enough to put this in the clone category.

Regardless, the premise seems interesting, the presentation was nice and the characters don't seem to annoy me as it's been happening with other titles this season. I'm kind of excited to see where this is going.

(But getting a nosebleed out of a girl's wallet.. now that's something)
Old 2013-10-04, 19:17   Link #134
Birdway
Banned

lol it seems Index fans will end gathering up here .
Old 2013-10-04, 19:21   Link #135
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
lol it seems Index fans will end gathering up here .
****, time to vacate the premises !
Old 2013-10-04, 19:28   Link #136
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
****, time to vacate the premises !
You say that like we're bad people, be glad we're not SAO fans they'll be in the thread of that SAO clone.
Old 2013-10-04, 19:38   Link #137
tsunade666

hmm... its an okay starting episode. But the animation is indeed crap and inconsistent that I was surprised that its been done by silver link.

Their past production are awesome but they are in decline recently or rather maybe its the team that did it because. I sure know they can do a good one if they want but this one feel average.

I don't get the index feel to it.

Hmm... they even show a glimpse of the past with the previews 4th progenitor. Its good if they show more of the relationship between Avrora and Akatsuki.
Old 2013-10-04, 20:08   Link #138
Byakou

I love how this guy's go-to strategy if he gets found out is to pretend to be an Italian tourist LOL
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 22:38   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the MC seems like a good guy. Gets kind of dumped with a rough position of being treated like a natural disaster . Though curious to get a good understanding of what happened in his past. Certainly had a connection to that girl, things went to hell, and then he shot her. Which then lead to the whole becoming the fourth progenitor or whatever.

It wasn't an overly amazing first episode, but it was decent enough I guess. Enough so to be worth checking out some more episodes and see where all this goes.
Old 2013-10-05, 00:21   Link #140
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That reminded me of one of those six-packs where the cans are all white with BEER in block lettering on the outside and nothing else...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires