AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 54.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 29.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 17:51   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You'll just have to collect the output of Baka-Tsuki as they release it. Print it out with the pictures and bind it up... tada!
Old 2008-02-13, 22:09   Link #62
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You'll just have to collect the output of Baka-Tsuki as they release it. Print it out with the pictures and bind it up... tada!

I can do that well ... as long as it doesnt take too long lol
how many pages is it per novel?
Old 2008-02-13, 22:39   Link #63
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Musashi also has been doing scans but they haven't gotten to far yet.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:50   Link #64
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Musashi also has been doing scans but they haven't gotten to far yet.
Scans of what? The manga? The novels? I know Musashi is doing the manga, but so is Moob. And I prefer Moob for no reason at all. Just do.
Old 2008-02-14, 07:13   Link #65
Khaos

Thumbs up

Very good episode, 10/10
Wolf-form Horo made me love her even more, what a beautiful mighty scary beast (and how lucky one must be having her as a friend). It would be more suitable to sing "I'm a monstrous wolf inside a girl"
Waiting for their reunion until the end made me gnaw on my nails, but the scene was perfect, exactly like those two.
And finally we get the meaning of the series title.
Old 2008-02-14, 07:55   Link #66
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Horo was so cool in wolf form, when her claws tore up the sewer floor I actually felt sorry for the poor sods who angered the almighty one. All hail Horo *grovels*.

But not as impressed as I was with Lawrence. Even when he was near poo'ing his pants he was able to call out to her in Lawrence style. No I love you. No don't leave me. Instead Oi you owe me for the clothes!!!

I love this show so much. Not just the characters and the animation, but all the details like the way the trading works.

I was nearly right about Chole trying to break into the wheat sales

Also them apples looked so good, I want to eat too. Do you think Horo will eat them in one go?
Old 2008-02-14, 08:01   Link #67
Khaos

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Do you think Horo will eat them in one go?
Only in wolf form...plus the cart.
Which makes me think....if she ate five humans as a wolf....would she burst if she transformed into human form with five humans in her stomach?
Old 2008-02-14, 08:04   Link #68
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Only in wolf form...plus the cart.
Which makes me think....if she ate five humans as a wolf....would she burst if she transformed into human form with five humans in her stomach?
Well I've always noticed that girls in anime say they have a separate stomach for desert, maybe Horo has one for huma... apples
Old 2008-02-14, 08:25   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd guess that the food would convert while inside her. Growing or shrinking depending on the change in question. Since it'd be a very troublesome thing for Horo to go wolf form then being in pain from a severely limited amount of food in her stomach. Sadly my knowledge of transformation logistics is limited itself .

Great seeing her stock up on the apples. Guess she wanted enough to last more than a day. Her love for apples is unmatched in all the world.
Old 2008-02-14, 08:44   Link #70
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Best episode so far I think although I always polled all the episodes as a 10
Spoiler for what I like from epi 6:

Anyway, I was so excited I already did a full episode review already although the arrival of my online SAT scores took some wind out of my sails.(Yes I did stalk BSS for a couple of days already >.<)
Old 2008-02-14, 09:02   Link #71
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Great seeing her stock up on the apples. Guess she wanted enough to last more than a day. Her love for apples is unmatched in all the world.
The amount she has there only lasts for 2 days instead

I can't wait to see how she is going to repay lawrence...sinking into more debt herself

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-14, 09:06   Link #72
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I can't wait to see how she is going to repay lawrence...sinking into more debt herself
I have a suspicion about how she repays Lawrence...
Old 2008-02-14, 10:21   Link #73
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I have a suspicion about how she repays Lawrence...
maybe she will "repay" that debt in episode 7?

*pre-orders dvd*
Old 2008-02-14, 12:15   Link #74
tebahpla
Not B&

i would've been fine if she was gone for one whole episode where lawrence is just looking for her. but how he figured her out in the end was also awwwwwwwwriiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhht!
Old 2008-02-14, 12:47   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is why this series SHOULD have been 24 episodes, not 12. The compression really hurt this particular episode's impact (which considering how good it was hopefully makes you realize how good it could have been). The animation budget limitations show here - though the "stained glass" art style fits the story nicely.

The conversation in the sewer when Horo is going to leave:

Lawrence has to reconcile the idea that the delightful person he has spent so much time with recently is also the Destroyer he just witnessed, even though she did it for him.
Having someone near you with that much power, most humans would feel a bit edgy.
Their conversation when she starts to leave is a bit of a game in itself. She doesn’t really want to leave, but she hates the feelings of him being frightened of her. He’s scared to death but wants her to stay. The “fiction” of the issue of the clothes was sufficient to allow each some wiggle room. I mean think about it…. like he could *actually* ever get his money back from her?
It is unfortunate the series is crammed into 12 episodes given the depth of the material. That tells me that the producers were really unsure that such a relationship with two relatively complex characters would be a hit with the otaku crowd in Japan.

I gave it a "9" on stand-alone storytelling because it didn't really convey Horo's side of the equation as well as it might (viewers might have trouble understanding why Horo returned). Great end to the first adventure though and one of the better *implicit* "I love you" endings I've come across.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-02-14 at 13:30.
Old 2008-02-14, 12:47   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Wow two whole days eh . Gotta love Horo. Good thing I didn't say something crazy like 3 days.

Not bad thinking adding onto the debt. Make sure there is no excuse for her to leave. Everything was covered from the apples she wanted while they were being chased under ground to the comb she was promised while running in the city.

Really should have made this series so much longer. Just considering all the material that is out there to work with. But does sound like some good stuff did have to be left behind.

Can certainly understand the feelings on both sides. A complicated thing where they feel two conflicting things at the same time. Neither wants separation, but there are also things weighing on them.
Old 2008-02-14, 13:27   Link #77
LKK

Watched the sub; gave the episode a 9, equal to episode 4 (my favorite episode so far).

Episode 6 proved once again that no matter the language, there are many ways to say "I love you" besides saying the words outright. (/me feeling romantic cuz it's Valentine's Day. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-02-14 at 15:50.
Old 2008-02-14, 15:34   Link #78
vivacioussky
Hyper Bunny

I agree ^_^

I am absolutely loving this series. Am following the manga too, although the novel summaries are hard to come by

I really really hope the DVD becomes available where I live too. A real pity they are skipping episode 7... thats one less episode for us.

Does anyone know how the reception for this series is in Japan? If it is good, there could very well be a second season right?

Because, I really cant see a satisfactory ending, even bittersweet, at just 12 episodes
Old 2008-02-14, 15:45   Link #79
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacioussky View Post
Because, I really cant see a satisfactory ending, even bittersweet, at just 12 episodes
I expect the series ending episode will look a lot like the ending of this episode. I'd be okay with such a "life goes on" type of ending.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-02-14, 15:46   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well would certainly hope its getting a good reception. Though if not wouldn't be the first time me and the mainstream of Japan had some contradictory feelings on something.

But obviously more than enough material to have another season down the road. Probably would just leave it open ended for now.

On the episode, nothing says "I love you" like "I'll follow you to the ends of the earth until I get my money" .