AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favorite characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 625 64.77%
Kyon 587 60.83%
Nagato Yuki 569 58.96%
Asahina Mikuru 289 29.95%
Asakura Ryoko 159 16.48%
Koizumi Itsuki 175 18.13%
Kyon's Sister 145 15.03%
Kunikida 22 2.28%
Taniguchi 43 4.46%
Tsuruya 317 32.85%
Kimidori Emiri 37 3.83%
The ENOZ Girls 89 9.22%
Shamisen (the cat) 105 10.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 965. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-21, 18:57   Link #201
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Kyon is a little too smart, and in a way is denying his feelings because to him it would too convinent. It may be the fact that Haruhi DOES control the existence of the world, that as Koizumi has said it telling her he loves her would solve alot of problems, but to him, it wouldn't be because he loves her, which he does, but so that he can "save" the world. Volume 10 will show us a different dimension and what Kyon will exactly do when beckoned by Sasaki. Kyon's just lying to himself though, but of course that's part of growing up.
Self-denial. The author himself has said it. That's half the point of his series.

You hit the nail right on the head there. That's exactly how Kyon perceives his life.

Now it all depends on what Sasaki will do...
Old 2008-06-21, 19:35   Link #202
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Okay, I'm wrong...

I don't get why some people hate Kyon. He may be lazy, but he's clearly a genius, and is one of the most epic narrators ever.
Putting it simply, he's a jerk. The narrator thing (as well as his "heart of gold") balances that out, much in the same way that Haruhi's good traits(being genuinely helpful, actually caring about the other Brigade members, being humorous) balance out the bad ones(... trying to end the world on at least three occasions). However, I will say that while I hate Kyon as a person, I like him as a character, much in the same way as quite a few DN fans view Light.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2008-06-21, 20:54   Link #203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Putting it simply, he's a jerk. The narrator thing (as well as his "heart of gold") balances that out, much in the same way that Haruhi's good traits(being genuinely helpful, actually caring about the other Brigade members, being humorous) balance out the bad ones(... trying to end the world on at least three occasions). However, I will say that while I hate Kyon as a person, I like him as a character, much in the same way as quite a few DN fans view Light.
I only count one instance of Haruhi actively trying to end the universe.

Also, I've met DN fans who worship Light and his ideals, and admit that they'd do the same if they were put in his position. They're scary.

And, despite Kyon being a jerk, it's because we see his thought process that we can see he actively cares for people more than he lets on.

I can't see how you can hate that, but that's just me.
Old 2008-06-21, 21:09   Link #204
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
I only count one instance of Haruhi actively trying to end the universe.
Once "three years ago," once in Melancholy, once in Boredom. With her "success rate" going down in each instance.

Quote:
Also, I've met DN fans who worship Light and his ideals, and admit that they'd do the same if they were put in his position. They're scary.
I didn't deny that there were people who actively worship the guy. In fact, the second "half" of the story seems to have been made solely in reference to that.

Quote:
And, despite Kyon being a jerk, it's because we see his thought process that we can see he actively cares for people more than he lets on.

I can't see how you can hate that, but that's just me.
Which is why I said that the fact that he's the narrator balances out his actions. It's because we see his thought process that he can be liked. However, if he were a real person, he'd just come off as a jerk, as he never actually vocalizes his opinions on people.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-06-21, 21:22   Link #205
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Once "three years ago," once in Melancholy, once in Boredom. With her "success rate" going down in each instance.
Oh, right. Boredom. Forgot about that one.

Interestingly, we have no proof of just what she did "three years ago"...

Quote:
Which is why I said that the fact that he's the narrator balances out his actions. It's because we see his thought process that he can be liked. However, if he were a real person, he'd just come off as a jerk, as he never actually vocalizes his opinions on people.
Right, right, I get it.
Old 2008-06-21, 21:40   Link #206
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Interestingly, we have no proof of just what she did "three years ago"...
It is, however, heavily implied that the world we're familiar with was "created" at that point, and that Haruhi was somehow responsible.
Old 2008-06-21, 21:43   Link #207
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It is, however, heavily implied that the world we're familiar with was "created" at that point, and that Haruhi was somehow responsible.
The aliens and time travelers don't seem to think so.

The only reason it's heavily implied is because Koizumi talks the most.
Old 2008-06-21, 21:51   Link #208
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

The time travelers can't go back farther than that, assuming it's because of a "time quake" caused by her.

The Data Entity noticed a massive data flare that originated from Haruhi and eventually covered the entire universe.

While the representatives of neither group seem to think that either was caused by Haruhi destroying and rebuilding the world,
Spoiler for Disappearance spoiler:
Old 2008-06-21, 22:33   Link #209
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The time travelers can't go back farther than that, assuming it's because of a "time quake" caused by her.

The Data Entity noticed a massive data flare that originated from Haruhi and eventually covered the entire universe.

While the representatives of neither group seem to think that either was caused by Haruhi destroying and rebuilding the world,
Spoiler for Disappearance spoiler:
I had the same argument with Roger Rambo in the Novel topic, and now I'm arguing the opposite side.

Sigh...

The whole idea that Haruhi created the universe in its current form is just Last Thursdayism, as Koizumi helpfully points out in Vol. 1.

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's correct. As both the aliens and the time travelers have memory of times previous to three years ago, the simplest explanation would be that they are correct in assuming that the world was not created three years ago.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:46   Link #210
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I voted for Yuki, Kyon, Asakura and Itsuki. I like pretty much all of the characters though I'm not a big fan of Mikuru
Old 2008-06-25, 00:08   Link #211
imbehindyou
turn around...

Girl:
Nagato Yuki; because. She has awesome power.

Boy:
Koizumi Itsuki; because. He has awesome power.

Mikuru and Haruhi have awesome powers too, but Nagato is my favorite girl.
So yeah. I pretty much like all the characters, anyway.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-10-01, 18:59   Link #212
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Tsuruya all the way.
Old 2008-10-03, 12:52   Link #213
Amray

I voted for Kyon as my favourite for the simple fact that he is, not only obviously my favourite Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu character, but also my favourite male anime character above all.
Old 2008-10-05, 11:03   Link #214
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Mikuru Asahina~
She's my favorite character, she's just so cute and gentle and shy and passive it's ridiculous. X3
Sometimes she's pretty unfortunate too, which is a trait I can relate to pretty well. ^^;

Kyon's Sister~
She's just so adorable and I can't help but to like cute little sister characters for some reason.
I liked seeing her in the anime. :3

Itsuki Koizumi~
I like him, not 100% sure why but it might have something to do with him smiling all of the time...
I guess I find him pretty mysterious... and I like his hand gestures. XP

Those are my favorites, I think that I'll also like Kyouko once I find out more about her. Emiri is another character I like along with Tsuraya, but I didn't vote for them because I wanted to break it down to my top 3 favorites.

Last edited by momobunny; 2008-10-05 at 17:37.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:22   Link #215
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

I feel like the odd one out, I've just watched the anime so I've only seen half of all the characters real personalities.

I personally like them all.
Old 2008-10-08, 07:26   Link #216
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Fang-Tan and Yuki. They are such stark foils of each other.

Yuki is cute because she is so quiet and mousy, while Tsuruya is cute because she is just as crazy as Haruhi.

P.S The thread starter left out Kyonko.
Old 2008-10-08, 07:48   Link #217
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Kyonko doesn't count, and I'd wager that Tsuruya is probably worse than Haruhi
Old 2008-10-08, 07:54   Link #218
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Kyonko doesn't count, and I'd wager that Tsuruya is probably worse than Haruhi
We could try transferring Haruhi's powers to Tsuruya for a day or so and see how it turns out. Maybe we could get Mikuru in skimpier outfits if that happens.

Tsuruya is really cute anyway with that FANG of hers and her chronic laughing. It is said that laughter can spread innocently like an quick reaction airborne reagent, and sometimes just by thinking of her character makes me feel slightly happier (I have been hunting for her character gachapon keychain). As far as I can see the only 2 people who don't react well to her laughter is Kyon and Yuki.
Old 2008-10-08, 11:41   Link #219
Amray

Tsuruya-san is one of the most cutest anime characters ever..plus I am a big fan on fanged characters.

I apologize, I could not restrict myself in partaking in this conversation. She was also a favourite characters of mine too because she has a really cute laugh/voice, a fang, and also a really hyperactive personality that and would be an amazing dominating reflection in the bedroom. ...My nose feels funny thinking about it.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:14   Link #220
Scarlett_Rain55

Why is Mikuru so unpopular? She's so pretty.
Closed Thread