AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-22, 03:33   Link #8061
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She can create gruesome creatures out of a harmless cat. Imagine how it would affect humans.
She's just that dangerous.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-02-22, 05:31   Link #8062
EvilSamurai

...laser cat....

some questions about the translation of volume 12.

when the 4 MISAKA clones are speaking, it was translated as
'speech', as MISAKA 'description'
this does not make much sense in English.

wouldn't it be better to translate their speech by removing the 'as'
for example:
"'In other words, she is keeping it secret from other Misakas that she's doing secret, stealthy, unclean behavior (a diet)?' as Misaka 10032 would follow up."

and change it to

"'In other words, she is keeping it secret from other Misakas that she's doing secret, stealthy, unclean behavior (a diet)?' Misaka 10032 follows up."

There are several of their lines that work well both ways though. Just food for translation thought.
Old 2011-02-22, 06:19   Link #8063
outerelf

... I leave the forum for two or so days and I come back to find a major discussion went on without me? I'm glad to of missed all of that XD
Old 2011-02-22, 06:48   Link #8064
giorno

i really should just let this one go but...it's a pretty interesting discussion, at least for me

Spoiler:

EDIT: only realized it now, it's a kilometric post >__<

Last edited by giorno; 2011-02-22 at 19:11.
Old 2011-02-22, 11:37   Link #8065
faiz blaster

Anything new on the MikotoxLessar story that came with the latest DVD?
Old 2011-02-22, 11:37   Link #8066
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
... I leave the forum for two or so days and I come back to find a major discussion went on without me? I'm glad to of missed all of that XD
It was pretty interesting but headache-inducing at the same time.
Old 2011-02-22, 11:41   Link #8067
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Shinji:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Anything new on the MikotoxLessar story that came with the latest DVD?
Not yer, you have to wait the second DVD or BR release.

EDIT:

I just noticed but in some forums Uiharu seems to be hated, some calls her "talkative pot", the scene where Kakine stomps her is called "fanservice" or just they Kakine an hero. Ok, I can't wait years to see more of these opinions if a third season ever gets animated .

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-02-22 at 12:08.
Old 2011-02-22, 14:52   Link #8068
EvilSamurai

The anime industry seems to like to do things in 2's and 3's. I think they will make a 3rd season eventually.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:37   Link #8069
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

question?

When Group was formed and had their first mission they just got to know each other like nothing? I am asking this cuz i noticed accelerator casually talked to tschumikado like he already knew him. Did i miss something?
Old 2011-02-22, 16:46   Link #8070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
question?

When Group was formed and had their first mission they just got to know each other like nothing? I am asking this cuz i noticed accelerator casually talked to tschumikado like he already knew him. Did i miss something?
I imagine they would have met before Accelerator's first mission, some time between vol 13 to the start of SS1.

On the topic of Group... Only Accelerator and Etzali are pretty well developed, Tsuchimikado... We know nothing about his past and how he got roped into all this, Awaki- Her motivation is supposedly her comrades locked up, but we never even got to know them... (Unless this was in vol 15 cause I haven't read it yet)
Old 2011-02-22, 17:03   Link #8071
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I imagine they would have met before Accelerator's first mission, some time between vol 13 to the start of SS1.

On the topic of Group... Only Accelerator and Etzali are pretty well developed, Tsuchimikado... We know nothing about his past and how he got roped into all this, Awaki- Her motivation is supposedly her comrades locked up, but we never even got to know them... (Unless this was in vol 15 cause I haven't read it yet)
so it just skipped right to them being group and they all get along like nothing despite the fact accelerator beat the shit out of awaki?
Old 2011-02-22, 17:13   Link #8072
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I wouldn't say that they "get along"...

Quote:
“Don’t interfere in other people’s fights.”

“Oh? Is that any way to talk to the person that saved your life?”

“…Do you want me to kill you?”

“Right back at you.”

A thin smile appeared on Musujime’s face and she got so close he could feel her breath on his face.

Her eyes were open so wide they looked like dinner plates.

“Did you forget? The only reason I’m here is because you interfered with my fight on that day. If it weren’t for you, I could have hidden and gotten more people to help me. Then I could have attacked the facility my comrades are restrained in and rescued them.”

The smile on her face looked like it was slicing her head in two as she slowly spoke.

“Heh. Heh heh. If you use your powers to help me with my work in GROUP and my comrades are released as a result, I’ll forgive you. But if you get in my way, you’re dead. Make sure your value to me doesn’t fall any farther. If you don’t you’ll have corkscrews all over your body.”

“Shut the fuck up, woman.” Accelerator cracked his neck as he responded. “You’re the one that doesn’t understand. You’re the one that got so upset just because I smashed some of your luggage. Try and get this in that defective brain of yours. If you waste even a second of my life, you’re going to be nothing more than a stain in a back alley.”
Old 2011-02-22, 17:21   Link #8073
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
i just think its kinda weird to start them out of nowhere like that. At least give an intro of the teammates to each other
Old 2011-02-22, 17:52   Link #8074
Breidaluk

Hello. first time talking here. sorry about my english, its my second language and I don't practice her a lot. Does anybody know something about Railgun SS2.
Old 2011-02-22, 18:21   Link #8075
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Hello. first time talking here. sorry about my english, its my second language and I don't practice her a lot. Does anybody know something about Railgun SS2.
Its a mininovel bundled with Index's DVD/BD:
For resumes here:
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...0Railgun%20SS2

Credits to Cubicjack
Old 2011-02-22, 19:44   Link #8076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Basically what Wilfriback said, if you want details- Mikoto goes to Russia to exhibit the powers of a Level 5 to the public and somehow gets caught up in anoher incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
i just think its kinda weird to start them out of nowhere like that. At least give an intro of the teammates to each other
That's what the SS is for, how Accelerator treats them is pretty much how their intro would have gone down.

At best they don't care, at worst alot of angry glare and provocations.

Personally, I think they're all just given a dossier and were told to read it.
Old 2011-02-22, 20:12   Link #8077
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I don't know where this hesitate from wounding/killing people mentality that people seem to automatically input into her character comes from, but she did 'causally' fight a Railgun into a squad of Hound Dog without worries. And from those punks we know that she's more than happy to lay down the hurt, so wounding isn't an issue.
I think 'lay down the hurt' is different to 'KO without injuring them too badly'... after all, tasers are supposed to be 'safe' weapons that subdues but not kill (I don't know if that's really the case though - Don't know enough about Real-Life weapons here ). Mikoto was picking off people that isn't much of a threat to her (ie Hound Dogs), so wounding opponents or not in that circumstance isn't really much of a point?
(I'm assuming that magicians like Sherry or Stiyl would be able to outmatch a van full of Hound Dogs, and someone that might actually be a threat to Mikoto in a fight - Mikoto vs Hound Dogs is pretty much just a one-way beatdown for the poor sods fighting the Railgun)

@Shinji103:
1) Mikoto's win in the fight with ITEM was less due to Mikoto's own skill and more because of Mugino's arrogance IMO... Mugino told the others to retreat so she can fight Mikoto one on one, and then fell for Mikoto's trap at the end.
Even at the start Mikoto wasn't fighting ITEM at full power - one member was at another site, and Frenda was already down when Mugino finally stepped in.

2) Mikot have the skills, and maybe the capability for battle... but probably not the experience. She's probably like one of those rookies that is talented but lack field experience. I'll concede that Mikoto living the 'rich girl' life doesn't mean she won't have experience... but at the same time, it doesn't means she does have experience, seeing as she haven't ran into something from the Dark Side of Academy City before that incident with Level Upper.

3) For the record, Acqua was the one that put up the area spell to prevent civilians getting in.
And to your main burn that Mikoto just let Touma walked off like that... I'd like to say Mikoto's just a 14-yr old (give or take 1-2 yrs?) teenage girl, and is overwhelmed by her discovery that she has some sort of deep feeling towards Touma; BUT I'm not, nor ever have been, a teenage girl and thus can't say how a teenage girl would react in that situation So if you can't accept the reason that was implicitly stated in the novels that Mikoto is frozen by her own discovery than I can't really provide any more reasoning *shrug*
Old 2011-02-22, 22:23   Link #8078
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Some people look at that and go "whoa angry sex" so...
Old 2011-02-22, 22:58   Link #8079
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Some people look at that and go "whoa angry sex" so...
That's crazy talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I think 'lay down the hurt' is different to 'KO without injuring them too badly'... after all, tasers are supposed to be 'safe' weapons that subdues but not kill (I don't know if that's really the case though - Don't know enough about Real-Life weapons here ). Mikoto was picking off people that isn't much of a threat to her (ie Hound Dogs), so wounding opponents or not in that circumstance isn't really much of a point?
(I'm assuming that magicians like Sherry or Stiyl would be able to outmatch a van full of Hound Dogs, and someone that might actually be a threat to Mikoto in a fight - Mikoto vs Hound Dogs is pretty much just a one-way beatdown for the poor sods fighting the Railgun)
The point is, despite the Hound Dog's killing intents, Mikoto is confident enough to handle them without needing to restort to fatal blows. So really I don't see where this whole "No killing intent equals hesitation equals easy defeat" comes from. And lets say she goes against an opponent than gave her trouble like... Kiyama? Again, no problem. So what if you're willing to kill? It doesn't automatically make you a better fighter, Touma defeated tons of people out to kill him and I don't see why Mikoto should be any different if faced with the same people.

Power Level in Toaru is funny that way, Sherry I can see her using her Golem as a shield, but as you can see Anti-Skill got her pin down using cover fire. Stiyl I think would have a bigger problem against guns- yes he got the 'fire' power, but a straight on fight? Fires don't stop bullets.

Anyway, those two can't match Mikoto if all they can bring is firepower. And From the Railgun manga we know that Mikoto can be just as resourceful as the others.
Old 2011-02-22, 23:09   Link #8080
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Stiyl I think would have a bigger problem against guns- yes he got the 'fire' power, but a straight on fight? Fires don't stop bullets.
No, Stiyl has illusions runes at his disposition. If they can't find him they can't shoot him. They guy relies on those kind of tricks and other more, thats why he gets that phisically weak by using all his energy on magic.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen