Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-26, 12:43   Link #141
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
*is currently downloading*

I get the feeling that I'm going to regret wasting 6 hours of my life on this show just like with every other unhyped anime that I downloaded on a whim without knowing much about it (except for Code Geass... easily my second favorite anime of 2006 behind Higurashi (it wasn't hyped yet when I started watching it)), but magical girls kicking the crap out of each other is relevant to my interests, so...

Ask yourself these simple questions then to see if you will like this show.

1. Do you like Sis-cons?

2. Do you like lesbian stalkers?

3. Do you like pyscho girls?

4. Do you like Magical Girls having thier mind rape?

If you answer YES to any of these questions you should at least give this show a chance.
Old 2007-02-26, 13:19   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

1. Do you like Sis-cons?

If you answer YES to any of these questions you should at least give this show a chance.
Don't forget:

5. Everyone has way too much hair.

6. The artstyle is similar to Kyoshiro To Towa Sora as well as the opening song.

7. Despite the presence of Moe antics, all the girls sounding identical, and a J-Pop opening sung by a girl (Which is actually tolerable do to actual creativeness with the musical score) it doesn't hurt the show if you have a soft spot for the magical girl genre like I do.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-26 at 13:47.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:48   Link #143
Bloodseeker

Quote:

1. Do you like Sis-cons?
Sis whats?

Quote:
Depends on the stalker, the stalkee, and the nature of the stalking.

Quote:
Lucy style psychos? Maybe.

Rena Ryuuguu style psychos? Yeah.

Urumi Kanzaki style psychos? Hell yeah.

In other words, the smarter the psycho, the more they use their brains instead of brute force, the better.

Quote:
Depends on the mind raping.

Quote:
Already intended too. I wouldn't be downloading it if I didn't intend to watch it. (I've been bored lately anyways... might as well watch random anime during my downtime while I'm looking for a job)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
5. Everyone has way too much hair.
Hair is good. Its not like they all have wacky hairstyles.

Quote:
6. The artstyle is similar to Kyoshiro To Towa Sora as well as the opening song.
Despite having been an anime fan for several years and having seen 150+ anime shows, this board still always makes me feel like a total n00b.

Quote:
7. Despite the presence of Moe antics, all the girls sounding identical, and a J-Pop opening sung by a girl (Which is actually tolerable do to actual creativeness with the musical score) it doesn't hurt the show if you have a soft spot for the magical girl genre like I do.
Moe antics can be cute, and I don't mind bad OPs since you can just skip them. (though a good OP can definitely help get you pumped up for a show) I don't really have a soft spot or a dislike for the magical girl genre.
Old 2007-02-26, 15:00   Link #144
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Sis whats?
Think DaCapo but blood related.

Quote:
Depends on the stalker, the stalkee, and the nature of the stalking.
Cute but very creepy.

Quote:
Lucy style psychos? Maybe.

Rena Ryuuguu style psychos? Yeah.

Urumi Kanzaki style psychos? Hell yeah.

In other words, the smarter the psycho, the more they use their brains instead of brute force, the better.
More like Lucy but less blood.

Quote:
Depends on the mind raping.
Think Asuka form being attack by the Angel.
Old 2007-02-26, 15:18   Link #145
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Think DaCapo but blood related.

*continues to feel like a complete n00b*

Quote:
Cute but very creepy.
That would probably translate into just cute for me.

Quote:
More like Lucy but less blood.
Meh...

Quote:
Think Asuka form being attack by the Angel.
Think I saw screencaps of that... looked more like Suzaku being attacked by CC.

I'll get a chance to see for myself here before long. (by tonight, at the rate its been going... actually, if it keeps going at 90+ KBps, I could start watching within the next few hours, but chances are that I won't be in the mood for anime watching until tomorrow night, seeing as how I haven't slept since 3 p.m. yesterday (its currently 12:15 p.m. here))
Old 2007-02-26, 15:26   Link #146
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:

*continues to feel like a complete n00b*
He means siblings in love. Though I can't remember if the brother liked the sister, wasn't it the other way around? Wouldn't that make it a bro-con?

Gah, I wonder if I ever actually finished this.
Old 2007-02-26, 15:30   Link #147
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
He means siblings in love. Though I can't remember if the brother liked the sister, wasn't it the other way around? Wouldn't that make it a bro-con?
Yeah, I picked that up on the second post. The n00b comment was more referring to my not knowing anything about DaCapo aside from having heard the name.

Quote:
Gah, I wonder if I ever actually finished this.
Uh-oh. That's not a good sign.
Old 2007-02-26, 15:35   Link #148
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Uh-oh. That's not a good sign.
It's not a bad sign, per se. The subbing stalled at one point, I got the rest of the episodes, but I'm not sure if I finished them or not. Actually I'll probably just rewatch it anyway.

I don't remember it being great by any means, but I did find it mildly enjoyable in a magical-girls-battle kind of way. It actually kind of reminded me of a toned-down version of Rozen Maiden (weirdly enough) - though that might be more the costumes than anything else.
Old 2007-02-26, 15:39   Link #149
Bloodseeker

*hasn't seen Rozen Maiden either*

>_>
Old 2007-02-26, 15:50   Link #150
Bloodseeker

The file size is 1.76 GB for 14 episodes; that's kinda small. I hope that the video isn't uber-compressed like with the YtBtHnT fansubs that I downloaded... Uber-compression is bad for screencaps.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-02-26 at 16:08.
Old 2007-02-28, 05:20   Link #151
Bloodseeker

That download took a lot longer than expected... it got to 90% really fast, then it took over a day to finish the last 10%. (it only finished .1% while I was sleeping) I sat there and watched uTorrent right around the time that it got to 99%. (while I was watching a CSI marathon) It had its little 30 seconds bits where it would download .5-5 KBps then go back to not downloading for a few minutes. I think that it took like an hour for it finish off the last .1%.

Time to see if this show's any good...

Before watching...

I don't really have high hopes for this show, seeing as how its something that I just downloaded on a whim without really knowing anything about it other than that it has hot magical girls beating that crap out of each other and that that's definitely relevant to my interests. Well, if nothing else, I can have fun mocking it while I'm watching and it'll probably make for some good screencaps... (assuming that the video quality of the fansubs that I downloaded don't suck, which they very well might, given the small file size)

Episode 1

Dull OP get! And why is that fruit wearing a bunny costume?

Why are you writing with a quill? There's a good reason why most people use pens and pencils these days...

So... the main character is just a fanfiction author? You can't claim full credit for thinking up stories that revolve around characters and concepts from somebody else's work...

"Why are the most beatiful things the furthest away?" Something tells me that you wouldn't find the moon as pretty if it wasn't so far away... that goes double for the stars.

Hi, Reinforce!

Not much of a fight, but Reinforce was obviously supposed to be generic cannon fodder, so that's not too surprising...

Is this going to be one of those shows where the bad guys and cannon fodder are consistently hotter than the leads?

"It won't hurt her or kill her." Then, uh... why is she whimpering and moaning?

Bye, Reinforce!

Agreed, Mr. protagonist. Grade school mostly sucks.

Apologizing is funny? Either they're suffering from sleep deprivation, they're on something, or that was awkward laughter.

All of these questions, and you're not even going to ask about what happened to the girl that vaporized?

Hot girl falls into the loser's lap... one of my least favorite (and one of the most overused) anime cliches. At least these two have something in common, unlike most of those couples...

Incest is the best, put your brother to the test...

Stupid little sister, that's messed up... you saw that your brother had a clear chance with a girl that he liked and you're still trying to drag him out... Let me guess, she's going to try to foil things between her brother and the redheaded chick?

A tea party? Happy unbirthday.

This is the part where you get pissed off at your sister for being a mood killer.

Of course the transformation sequence tightens her figure too...

This is the part where you get REALLY pissed off at your sister for being a mood killer.

Looks like the action scenes aren't going to be anything worth getting excited about...

"Would you like some sugar? Sugar that disappears like falling snow?" "Disappears? You don't have to hold back those sweet and happy feelings of yours! *giggle*" I hate those twins already.

The ED's alright... I probably won't watch it again, though.

Stupid twins do the next episode previews? :/

Episode was okay. Nothing really boring, nothing really stupid, nothing really annoying, nothing really funny, nothing really entertaining, nothing really interesting... just okay.

And it seems that my concern about small file size = really low video quality was completely unfounded.

Episode 2

So this would be the obsessed lesbian stalker?

If one of my friends showed up at my doorstep with a bunch of cookies that looked like me, I'd knock his ass out.

If the cookies didn't do it, seeing an excited look on his face when I took a bite would.

Looks like I was wrong about the bad guys/cannon fodder being consistently cuter than the leads.

Why don't they just all meet up and share their pages since they all want to read it? (yeah, yeah, then we wouldn't have a show)

Stupid protagonist guy. Do you want your sister to get her ass kicked?

They couldn't have had the protagonist befriend Reinforce instead of the meh chick?

She doesn't socialize with anyone but the little sister? That's got to be a lonely existance.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-02-28 at 06:45.
Old 2007-02-28, 05:47   Link #152
DanielSong39

Starts off rather silly, but it gets quite dark and creepy down the road - which is its true selling point.

Asuka's Leviran's Folly is one of the best attacks I've seen in an anime. I advise you to hang in there at least until episode 8. If that one doesn't grab you, it's obviously not your type of show.
Old 2007-02-28, 06:10   Link #153
Bloodseeker

Its only 14 episodes, so I intend to finish it even if it sucks. (though that's it for tonight, since I have to go to sleep so I can get up and go down to the barber's before the job fair)

I still stand by what I said earlier... So far, show's not really great, but its not really boring or annoying either. 5/10

I think that I could grow attached to Arisu and the stalker chick if they develope them right, though. That would help my rating.
Old 2007-03-01, 03:07   Link #154
Bloodseeker

**** it, I'll just watch...
Old 2007-03-01, 05:05   Link #155
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I personally saw this series as creepy yet interesting at the same exact time. Maybe that's why I stuck with it. Although what may be the creepiest aspect is another story. It's been awhile since I watched it to be honest. Hmm I can say it does have a rather fun final episode. I like one of the lines in it. It went something like this.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 07:33   Link #156
Bloodseeker

*finishes watching*

Oddly enough, I started enjoying it as soon as I stopped commenting on it. Arisu and Kisa were pretty likable (especially Kisa), and there were some pretty funny parts. (like when Aruto imagined the glasses chick following him everywhere)

I don't see how anyone could call it creepy, though. There was really nothing creepier than what you'd find in your typical shounen anime...

Only things that I really disliked about the show was the really dull lead (he was seriously about as dull as they come, right down to the character design), too much clingy onii-san (definitely not my favorite character archetype... she wasn't as annoying about it as Shiho or whatever, but she still got on my neres at parts...), and the fact that I liked the character designs of some of the one-shot characters more than most of the main cast's. (they throw away the two blonde girls from that one episode (the chick that got beat like a minute into the episode and then the one that was absorbing Aruto's lifeforce) and the Reinforce lookalike but keep the mediocre glasses girl?)

Overall, I give it a 7/10. Enjoyable, though nothing that I'll be too quick to recommend. (and I don't think that I'll be lowering my rating to "decent" tomorrow on ANN like I did with YtBtHnT, since that was more a case of me just never being really bored by it and liking some of the concepts (though not the execution) and just one of the characters (when all was said and done, I couldn't have cared less about any of them except for Ririsu... except for Gargantua, I really hated him), but never being entertained like I was with Kagihime)
Old 2007-05-28, 18:59   Link #157
Kuu

lolz, this has to be one of my most fav manga ever...well it is done by my fav manga-kas Kaishaku! The anime was okay, yet it didn't stick to teh manga that much -.-
Old 2007-05-29, 23:18   Link #158
tsuki no neko

does anyone know where i can still download this?
Closed Thread

Tags
kaishaku, kemonomimi, shounen