AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 15:31   Link #161
thedonkiluminati

Suzaku wasn't even looking at her when he was pointing that gun. Bring yours up, pull the trigger. All she had to do.
Old 2008-04-13, 15:48   Link #162
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
Suzaku wasn't even looking at her when he was pointing that gun. Bring yours up, pull the trigger. All she had to do.
yeah, yeah, but Suzaku knew the right buttons to press and he pressed them:
"He's not Zero, he's Lelouch! He's using you!"
*5 seconds later*
"It's over, Zero."
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 15:52   Link #163
Westlo
Lets be reality

Suzaku verbally destroyed Kallen in that scene.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:01   Link #164
Aquaman OS

Well what could she do? With his "evil act" theres no way she should believe anything he said, especially since she now knows about Geass.

She only wanted to retrieve him to see if had Geassed her into following him. If he'd said yes she would have killed him personally right there.

However for the first time ever Lelouch actually told her the truth. If he'd done so earlier she might have been willing to save him back then.

Hint Lelouch, tell people the truth! The whole lying thing definitely isn't working out for you.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:06   Link #165
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah, yeah, but Suzaku knew the right buttons to press and he pressed them:
"He's not Zero, he's Lelouch! He's using you!"
*5 seconds later*
"It's over, Zero."

Shoot first, ask questions later. If everybody in this series followed that mantra there would be so few issues. (But where would the drama be then I suppose.)
Old 2008-04-13, 16:08   Link #166
ShadowSongx
Meow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
*blahblahblah*
Hint Lelouch, tell people the truth! The whole lying thing definitely isn't working out for you.
There are times when the truth can lead to very bad things...

As for Kallen, I'm glad they had her worries cleared up, although now she is thinking of Zero/Lelouch as seperate people; or at least thats how it seems for now.
ShadowSongx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:08   Link #167
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Well what could she do? With his "evil act" theres no way she should believe anything he said, especially since she now knows about Geass.

She only wanted to retrieve him to see if had Geassed her into following him. If he'd said yes she would have killed him personally right there.

However for the first time ever Lelouch actually told her the truth. If he'd done so earlier she might have been willing to save him back then.

Well that's the entire point of R2, now isn't it? Starting with Kallen and working his way out from there. But whatever, Kallen's got her own problems to deal with and still has some minor but personally important issues to work out with this whole Zero/Lelouch business. >_>

Quote:
Shoot first, ask questions later. If everybody in this series followed that mantra there would be so few issues. (But where would the drama be then I suppose.)
and that is exactly why no one ever follows that mantra. The writers know what they're doing, drama is wonderfully entertaining, far too entertaining to be removed for the sake of all the characters acting like completely logical robots.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:10   Link #168
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Suzuka kills Lelouch in episode 1 if he thought like that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:12   Link #169
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSongx View Post
There are times when the truth can lead to very bad things...

As for Kallen, I'm glad they had her worries cleared up, although now she is thinking of Zero/Lelouch as seperate people; or at least thats how it seems for now.
She's not thinking of them as two people; they are one in the same (this discussion appeared a few pages back) but what she doing is comparing Lelouch to the idol of past Zero. More or less: "Show me you are the man I knew". Which he does, within five minutes of her asking.

Quote:
Well that's the entire point of R2, now isn't it? Starting with Kallen and working his way out from there. But whatever, Kallen's got her own problems to deal with and still has some minor but personally important issues to work out with this whole Zero/Lelouch business. >_>
Minor? That's more like character defining.

Once that is actually cleared up, then they'll probably move onto her back story. Which we can only guess as where that will go.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:14   Link #170
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
She's not thinking of them as two people; they are one in the same (this discussion appeared a few pages back) but what she doing is comparing Lelouch to the idol of past Zero. More or less: "Show me you are the man I knew". Which he does, within five minutes of her asking.
What about her whole being embarrassed right afterwards, seems she's making a pretty clear differentiation in that regard
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:20   Link #171
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
What about her whole being embarrassed right afterwards, seems she's making a pretty clear differentiation in that regard
Because someone staring at your breasts and commenting coolly won't embarrass you? He hadn't shown himself to be the man she knew, as I said, until five minutes later.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:22   Link #172
KrimzonStriker

He goes off saying something about being Zero when doing that, but Kallen spits right back that he's being Lelouch now, even I can tell that much
Old 2008-04-13, 16:23   Link #173
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Minor? That's more like character defining.

Once that is actually cleared up, then they'll probably move onto her back story. Which we can only guess as where that will go.
point is we don't have to worry about her abandoning Lelouch again or be unsure when she points a gun at Suzaku from here on out.

And may I say that I hope she does put a bullet in Suzaku's kneecap or shoulder for messing with her.

Quote:
He goes off saying something about being Zero when doing that, but Kallen spits right back that he's being Lelouch now, even I can tell that much
yep, Zero is still a lofty, non-existent ideal, but at least Lelouch is there too now.

which really makes Zero closer to her own personal principles now, instead of a mere dream. >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 16:23   Link #174
Var
Banned

Quote:
He made a play on words.

Quote:
point is we don't have to worry about her abandoning Lelouch again or be unsure when she points a gun at Suzaku from here on out.

And may I say that I hope she does put a bullet in Suzaku's kneecap or shoulder for messing with her.
I agree with you, though, it seems I misunderstood it the first time you wrote it. My apologize. I thought you meant it was minor to her, which it most definitely is not.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:24   Link #175
KrimzonStriker

And she played right back. In any event, it tells me we haven't quite reached the point where she's accepted both of his characters as being the same person just yet.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:26   Link #176
Var
Banned

Quote:
And she played right back. In any event, it tells me we haven't quite reached the point where she's accepted both of his characters as being the same person just yet.
Unless I can't recall the scene, she doesn't play back. She simply calls him Lelouch for taking advantage of the situation. That part was more a humorous exchange between both than anything. Lelouch lessened the tension and got her to warm up to him.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:33   Link #177
KrimzonStriker

I'm just calling it like I see it Var, nevertheless I'll wait to see the entire conversation subbed before making any more comments so I'll let the matter drop
Old 2008-04-13, 16:35   Link #178
Var
Banned

Quote:
I'm just calling it like I see it Var, nevertheless I'll wait to see the entire conversation subbed before making any more comments so I'll let the matter drop
If you go back 2-3 pages you can find that scene already translated and analyzed by guppy, myself, and archaic. We even had a short debate about the meaning of certain parts. But overall we agreed on the overall meaning of the scene.

If you're interested that is.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:42   Link #179
metronome
Mad Loli

ah kallen is stupid, she shud just remember that it is her that decides to follow zero without knowing his face, not to mention lelouch ask her once if she wants to know his way, and another time when lelouch let her to go if she doesnt want to join.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:48   Link #180
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Good point there. But that's probably how Kallen was so... forgiving and loyal to him once again on this episode. At least now Kallen can be with Lelouch in his private room along with C.C. XDDDD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote