Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 23:21   Link #4961
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Wait if she is a loli....

Yoshino, Kotori and Mana has a new competitor!!!
After seeing her animated I think Yoshino is more in the shy underclassmen category then loli out of that rain coat she seems to look fairly close to Shidou's age.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:28   Link #4962
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
But but... we need an onee-san character along with Reine... we can't have Natsumi be in disguise forever... D: She needs to be a legit onee-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
........No we don't? you can add Elen, Karen, Ryoko,Tamae(Still 29, within range) to the nee-san list........Natsumi can be the sick loli onee-san.
Ehem.
Spirit Onee-san. Not human or any other definition. But a Spirit. Sans Miku because of the age gap makes her much more suitable for the "senpai" slot (to me, onee-san can be a mutually exclusive slot distinguishable from a senpai).

It's a yay or nay for me.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:38   Link #4963
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Reine does not act like an onee-san to me. I put her in the adult category.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 01:08   Link #4964
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Ehem.
Spirit Onee-san. Not human or any other definition. But a Spirit. Sans Miku because of the age gap makes her much more suitable for the "senpai" slot (to me, onee-san can be a mutually exclusive slot distinguishable from a senpai).

Still don't think you can count Reine out there are too many hints she isn't human. But she may not qualify as a Nee-san
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-10-22, 01:27   Link #4965
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Still don't think you can count Reine out there are too many hints she isn't human. But she may not qualify as a Nee-san
you mean the v5 part right?that's a pretty clear indication
Old 2013-10-22, 06:29   Link #4966
SolBlade
Beaver Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Not holding my breath until we get Volume 9.

But Shidou's description of her in 8.1......................to die for.
the illustrations pretty much give it away though

Last edited by SolBlade; 2013-10-22 at 08:40.
SolBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 07:05   Link #4967
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
you mean the v5 part right?that's a pretty clear indication
Not just that. There are the "sleeping" pills in vol 1, and the sugar with tea in vol 2. Both were treated as gags but it was still comented on just how wrong they were.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:34   Link #4968
Riki
ランダム王

......after a long time of thinking while translating...i started to wonder.....how are the animators gonna animate Inverse Tohka's sword when it isnt shown in the LN illustrations.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:45   Link #4969
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
......after a long time of thinking while translating...i started to wonder.....how are the animators gonna animate Inverse Tohka's sword when it isnt shown in the LN illustrations.
Simple: They ask the author and the illustrator how it will look like ^^;
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 09:49   Link #4970
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Simple: They ask the author and the illustrator how it will look like ^^;
hopefully that's the case......they might be lazy and make a black Sandalphon (=.=)
Old 2013-10-22, 19:43   Link #4971
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
hopefully that's the case......they might be lazy and make a black Sandalphon (=.=)
Eh... I don't think so... not for a good project like Date A Live
Old 2013-10-22, 20:23   Link #4972
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:

it was curved blade, well just imagine black and curved version of sandhalpon with only one edge[sandalphon is double edged sword]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:57   Link #4973
AP24

Quote:
It's not described in vol 7 what it looks like?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:58   Link #4974
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's not described in vol 7 what it looks like?
I don't know because there is no translation
Old 2013-10-23, 03:05   Link #4975
Riki
ランダム王

Its a Giant Black single edge sword.....that's it..the description looks so vague lol.

basically all of it says. a Big giant single edge sword with a shinny blade surface lol......i wouldnt be surprise it looks like a zangetsu
Old 2013-10-23, 03:07   Link #4976
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Its a Giant Black single edge sword.....that's it..the description looks so vague lol.

basically all of it says. a Big giant single edge sword with a shinny blade surface lol......i wouldnt be surprise it looks like a zangetsu
i was thinking along the lines of looking like Halvanhelev
Old 2013-10-23, 03:07   Link #4977
Mephis
Banned

Quote:

Well, considering when a Light Novel is adapted into an anime, since all the details have to be animated, for characters/weapons/infrastructures/etc that were never shown in any of the illustrations, the author has to describe it to the anime staff of how it looks like, so we will just have to wait how it really looks like lol
Old 2013-10-23, 08:50   Link #4978
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
a fun spirit would be a girl like mikan from rising x rydeen tsundere as hell with electric powers
And given that both this and RxR are under the same LN label...

Quote:
Don't worry, you aren't the only one having issues with her. in terms of my hate list, she is lower than Miku....suprisingly enough the reason why i took this volume was only for the green hair, thats it.
"Screw the rules, I have green hair!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
After seeing her animated I think Yoshino is more in the shy underclassmen category then loli out of that rain coat she seems to look fairly close to Shidou's age.
She's explicitly stated to look like she's around Kotori's age. That said, Kotori could pass off as a kouhai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Ehem.

Not always. I can give a few good examples of a character emitting both feels. But yes, it doesn't look like Miku's one of them.

Quote:
Given that there's a bunch of other stuff in the anime that didn't exist in the LN illustrations, the black sword still has a good chance of turning out well.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 06:40   Link #4979
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A somewhat bigger pic of that second DAL bedsheet with Kurumi and Kotori.
Old 2013-10-24, 06:45   Link #4980
farios

Synopsis for the 9th volume is out, the title is Natsumi Change

Spoiler for synopsis for Natsumi Change:

Spoiler for translation:

EDIT: Fixed some typos

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy