AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 15:20   Link #801
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostpickle View Post
So there's a lot of vague answers out there, so can someone just me a straight forward answer about any episodes after 25, like if do or ever will exist.
There is an OVA set to be released but no confirmed second season as of yet
Old 2014-01-02, 16:42   Link #802
Nerroth
NePoi!

After watching Extra Edition (but missing most of season 1), I had a few questions.

Spoiler for questions:
Old 2014-01-02, 17:17   Link #803
daedalron

Questions were in spoiler, so spoiler for answers...

Spoiler:
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 18:09   Link #804
Nerroth
NePoi!

I see, thanks.

Spoiler for follow-up questions:
Old 2014-01-02, 18:26   Link #805
daedalron

Again, answers in spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-01-08 at 21:17. Reason: removed reference to future
Old 2014-01-02, 19:08   Link #806
Nerroth
NePoi!

Thanks again.

One last question for now:

Spoiler for question:
Old 2014-01-02, 20:32   Link #807
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Thanks again.

One last question for now:

Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2014-01-04, 22:18   Link #808
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoiler for So...:

Thanks once again.
Old 2014-01-05, 06:42   Link #809
daedalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Spoiler for So...:

Thanks once again.
Kind of an answer, but i'm not that familiar with the specifics of the subject.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-06, 19:54   Link #810
winback

Am I the only one to notice that in the very first episode that Akihiko Kayaba, SAO's creator, demonstrated that there was no log out option using his "Left" hand instead of his right hand? SAO utilized the right hand and ALO utilized the left hand..... find that interesting.

Anyone else pick up on this?
winback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 13:19   Link #811
daedalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by winback View Post
Am I the only one to notice that in the very first episode that Akihiko Kayaba, SAO's creator, demonstrated that there was no log out option using his "Left" hand instead of his right hand? SAO utilized the right hand and ALO utilized the left hand..... find that interesting.

In the novel, Kayaba used his right hand, not his left, to make the mirors appear:

"Then, the red robe that had always been one step ahead of us swept its right glove and started speaking with a voice void of all emotion:
- Then I will show you evidence that this is the only reality. In your inventories, there will be a gift from me. Please confirm this."

So I think we can assume this to be a mistake from the anime. But nice find anyway ^^
Old 2014-01-08, 13:50   Link #812
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's hardly the only mistake, also. Remember the one red player that was dual-wielding in Silica's episode?
Old 2014-01-08, 20:03   Link #813
winback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's hardly the only mistake, also. Remember the one red player that was dual-wielding in Silica's episode?
I looked for it but I couldn't find the reference. Was it in a specific release version?
Old 2014-01-08, 20:33   Link #814
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I dunno if it was corrected or not, in the TV airing, at least, one of Rosalia's henchmen was wielding two identical axes at once. Similarly, there was an error when Heathcliff turned off his invincibility, saying "Chaged Into Immortal Object" rather than "Changed into Mortal Object". The latter was later fixed, at least.
Old 2014-01-08, 22:03   Link #815
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And there's how all of Episode 2 was butcher-- wait no, that's not a "mistake," that's a "we don't feel like being accurate"

There's also how in the Silica episode, when inside a restaurant, you can see everyone's cursors, when ME:6 (Algade Showdown) says that cursors don't appear inside of restaurants, because they distract you while trying to eat.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:17   Link #816
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can't comment on comparisons between the novels and the anime, but I imagine that the cursors inside restaurants was simply for consistency in the anime, which would likely receive more widespread exposure than the novels. People who hadn't read the novels would likely see it as an inconsistency with the rest of the anime, rather than accuracy to the adaptation.
Old 2014-01-08, 22:54   Link #817
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by winback View Post

...I personally don't think that's hand sensitive....
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:25   Link #818
daedalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
...I personally don't think that's hand sensitive....
At least in ALO it is, as it doesn't work with the right hand (cf Volume 3 when Kirito first try to summon the menu). For SAO, I don't think it was explictly stated that it works only with the right hand, but I don't think there's any reference of anyone using the left hand to summon the menu.
Old 2014-01-09, 02:50   Link #819
winback

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalron View Post
At least in ALO it is, as it doesn't work with the right hand (cf Volume 3 when Kirito first try to summon the menu). For SAO, I don't think it was explictly stated that it works only with the right hand, but I don't think there's any reference of anyone using the left hand to summon the menu.
Sao was specifically right hand only to pull up the menu, same as in the manga. And your reference to Kirito attempting to use the menu in ALO with his right hand and not working and finding out that he has to use the left is completely accurate, also found in the manga.

And yep, the original TV airing did have that immortal error, I remember seeing that one.
Old 2014-01-11, 12:38   Link #820
Becca

Question How did the trapped players real bodies survive during their time in SOA?

(*No Spoilers Please! I’ve only gotten up to Episode 11)
I've never read Sword Art Online's manga or novels, I've only seen the anime, so maybe that's why I'm missing something here. But since I began watching the show I keep wondering how all the real bodies of the trapped players in the game are surviving without any nutrition or, especially, water. I mean, in the beginning of Episode 1, when Kirito was helping Klein learn how fight, Klein remarked how hungry he was starting to feel, and Kirito said something like, "Yeah, too bad the food in here only satisfies your virtual hunger." But after a few years in the game, when players would eat, they acted like their actual hunger was gone.

I know that the NerveGear simulated the five senses, so I know that when the trapped players eat food in-game they can definitely taste it, but it still shouldn't satisfy their real-world hunger. And water is even more important. So will the answer to that be revealed later or something?

The only explanation I can come up with is that at the end of the series it's going to turn out to be a trick and all the players just thought they were there for years but were really only there for a few hours, but I know that’s a stretch. So is there something I’m missing?
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a