AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-05, 16:01   Link #1441
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this; how likely do you think it is that the Railgun SS will be done in the manga or anime?
is pretty much likely to happen considering railgun popularity, it migth be part of season 2 since railgun manga doesnt have a lot of material.
Old 2010-11-19, 07:28   Link #1442
s07195
However,

It seems that the focus has shifted a bit more than usual towards Touma, huh....
I wonder what Mikoto's gonna do?
Old 2010-11-19, 09:28   Link #1443
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
It seems that the focus has shifted a bit more than usual towards Touma, huh....
I wonder what Mikoto's gonna do?
Mikoto is not going to do anything.. Touma is just too hax, its not enough that he has a story for himself, where he is the main hero, he even steals main hero/heroine position in other stories. And if you look at toaru majutsu no index story, you will se that its all about touma, and mikoto just blidly follows him around. I mean there are a lot of apearances for mikoto, but the main boss battle + plot + nearly everything else goes to touma. - look at battle with accel, battle with fuse-kazakiri, battle with awaki, daihasei festival, invasion of shery cromvel, entire russia arc. Mikoto was involved in all of them, but it was touma who got the boss fight, she is just like a sheep wandering around.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:50.
Old 2010-11-19, 09:32   Link #1444
tsunade666

Spoiler for well the truth is:
Old 2010-11-19, 17:39   Link #1445
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Mikoto is not going to do anything.. Touma is just too hax, its not enough that he has a story for himself, where he is the main hero, he even steals main hero/heroine position in other stories. And if you look at toaru majutsu no index story, you will se that its all about touma, and mikoto just blidly follows him around. I mean there are a lot of apearances for mikoto, but the main boss battle + plot + nearly everything else goes to touma. - look at battle with accel, battle with fuse-kazakiri, battle with awaki, daihasei festival, invasion of shery cromvel, entire russia arc. Mikoto was involved in all of them, but it was touma who got the boss fight, she is just like a sheep wandering around.
And this is why I consider her just a recurring side character instead of a main one, since she doesn't really do anything vital to the story besides attack/bother Touma for no reason and appear randomly from time to time. The only exceptions to this are the SISTERs arc and the Remnant arc, and even then those had Touma resolve them instead.
Old 2010-11-19, 18:06   Link #1446
Ashaman

To be honest, Mikoto has a rather tragic power, doesn't she?

She's really strong, but her ability is easy to kill with if she's not careful, so has to constantly hold herself back because of her own morals.

Compared to Touma, whose power is completely unlethal (accept to supernaural existances), and even Accel, who has to aim to kill to actually kill them.

Kuroko is similar in that, though she has to be careful with aim and stuff, she can go all out without really risking fatally huring someone.

Basically, Misaka can never go all out against someone unless she is willing to kill, while other people can.

And yeah, I agree with yuki~, she is a side character.

Still one of my fav charcaters though, just above Accel and below Touma.

However, this is her own spin-off, and so deserves heroine status here at least, but this is what happens when Railgun steps into Index. Touma, true hero that he is, steps in and makes everything better when others can't
Old 2010-11-19, 20:17   Link #1447
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

She's really strong, but her ability is easy to kill with if she's not careful, so has to constantly hold herself back because of her own morals.

Compared to Touma, whose power is completely unlethal (accept to supernaural existances), and even Accel, who has to aim to kill to actually kill them.

Kuroko is similar in that, though she has to be careful with aim and stuff, she can go all out without really risking fatally huring someone.

Basically, Misaka can never go all out against someone unless she is willing to kill, while other people can.

However, this is her own spin-off, and so deserves heroine status here at least, but this is what happens when Railgun steps into Index. Touma, true hero that he is, steps in and makes everything better when others can't
shes actually the main character whos on the side.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:28   Link #1448
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

Actually, maybe that's the real reason why she attacks Touma all the time, since she can go all out and unleash all her power on him without fear of him dying. Fukou da. Poor guy.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:44   Link #1449
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I agree with that ).
Old 2010-11-20, 04:38   Link #1450
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
That makes her the side character in the end. And this is what i dont get, why autor is puttig so much attention to Touma (considering he has his own story), i mean i was fine with the LEVER UPPER arc (very well balanced), ITEM arc (ok, though there could have been more characters included), but the arcs that follow really do have a feel that she is just useless there. And the autor is not even trying to put a original material (plot) to it, like a concurrent story aimed at the remaining 3 main/side heroines, which will lessen the impact Touma has on this story, and ultimately it will transform this "retelling of events from index" into "Mikoto's original story".

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:50.
Old 2010-11-20, 04:50   Link #1451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That makes her the side character in the end. And this is what i dont get, why autor is puttig so much attention to Touma (considering he has his own story), i mean i was fine with the LEVER UPPER arc (very well balanced), ITEM arc (ok, though there could have been more characters included), but the arcs that follow really do have a feel that she is just useless there. And the autor is not even trying to put a original material (plot) to it, like a concurrent story aimed at the remaining 3 main/side heroines, which will lessen the impact Touma has on this story, and ultimately it will transform this "retelling of events from index" into "Mikoto's original story".

I don't understand, are you asking why Touma is involve in Mikoto's pov of the Sister's arc even though it was originally his story? And even though he had only appear in the last part, he somehow has a stronger focus than Mikoto had for the last few chapters ?

And what are these 'arcs that follow' that you refer to? Do you mean in Index novel or in Railgun manga?
Old 2010-11-20, 05:48   Link #1452
tsunade666

well what why would the author put an original into this arc. It's just a retelling of events in mikoto's perspective. Adding or altering it would make it a different story all together and not just a side story that centered on mikoto.
Old 2010-11-20, 07:00   Link #1453
choopo

i hope after touma beaten u accel the author didn't rushing to remnant arc

but still focusing in Mikoto still in sister arc [like in railgun anime after beaten AIM BUST add some story to fixed the story about the children who coma]
Old 2010-11-20, 07:20   Link #1454
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, there's a few things that can be done in regards to the post-Sisters story for Railgun.

First would be dealing with the sweet, romantic story of how a stalker unexpected falls in love with an electric girl who reads manga for free in convenience stores.

And obviously the Remnant story-point started before what is shown in the anime, as Mikoto had already covertly before that engaged against Remnant seekers. Railgun manga could show this parts of the story for a little bit.

After that it becomes a little harder to blur out what can be used as a 'story point' for Misaka in the Railgun manga.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-20, 07:33   Link #1455
choopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, there's a few things that can be done in regards to the post-Sisters story for Railgun.

First would be dealing with the sweet, romantic story of how a stalker unexpected falls in love with an electric girl who reads manga for free in convenience stores.

And obviously the Remnant story-point started before what is shown in the anime, as Mikoto had already covertly before that engaged against Remnant seekers. Railgun manga could show this parts of the story for a little bit.

After that it becomes a little harder to blur out what can be used as a 'story point' for Misaka in the Railgun manga.
the Fake Unabara dude doing that from 24 August [ i didn't remember clearly but mikoto said , she has been stalking for a whole week, though unabara dude say he has been in AC for 2month]

last Sister Arc 21 August [night]

22-23 August my hope a good Arc still about the sister
Old 2010-11-20, 07:40   Link #1456
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post
the Fake Unabara dude doing that from 24 August

last Sister Arc 21 August [night]

22-23 August my hope a good Arc still about the sister
Well, Mikoto's Days in the Life of a Railgun is, by virtue, far far far less hectic compared to Touma and many other Index characters.

All things considered, I think it would be quite forced if Mikoto has life-shattering 'stories of my life' happening on the go.

I think it's much better if one or 2 chapters is dedicated towards showing how 'relieved' and free from burden Mikoto is after the whole Sisters arc, maybe hang out with her friends and all that, and finishing off with a closing statement that she likes her sisters or something like that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-20, 07:46   Link #1457
choopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, Mikoto's Days in the Life of a Railgun is, by virtue, far far far less hectic compared to Touma and many other Index characters.

All things considered, I think it would be quite forced if Mikoto has life-shattering 'stories of my life' happening on the go.

I think it's much better if one or 2 chapters is dedicated towards showing how 'relieved' and free from burden Mikoto is after the whole Sisters arc, maybe hang out with her friends and all that, and finishing off with a closing statement that she likes her sisters or something like that.
something like take car 10032 in hospital

helping changing her clothes,not bad

or maybe helping Touma changing his clothes, poor touma getting anastesi for a whole body
Old 2010-11-20, 08:32   Link #1458
tsunade666

well for me. Railgun is a kind of slice of life and all for fun but maybe that's the anime version because the manga version tends to be a bit serious but still it's not on the level of Touma where every next or at least once a week we got hospital scene. That alone proves it's not that hectic as touma's slice of life.
Old 2010-11-20, 13:17   Link #1459
giorno

Quote:
Mikoto is a side character in Index. Touma is the main character.

and i don't get what you're complaining about, Touma taking the spotlight in the last chapter of railgun? well duh, did you want this to go in a different way from the Index novels? up until now Touma's role in railgun has been just as marginal as Mikoto's in Index(and it's only natural, since Touma is a side character in Railgun), now just because he'll be getting a more prominent role in this and other 2-3 arcs doesn't mean he's gonna steal Mikoto's role...duh.
Old 2010-11-20, 22:03   Link #1460
tsunade666

Mikoto would still be the main character. She would be featured and her emotions while seeing Touma pounding Accelerator.

Tags
fantasy, shounen