AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 09:46   Link #1721
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& kitten320 doesn't read the manga and said it looks like this arc ends next week. That's what i was going on about.
Well we have Erza hugging Jelal and Natsu running towards them where Etherion is about to shoot... what means that Jelal is defeated (main villian in this arc), all that's left is get out of blast area and that's basicly it... unless there is something about to happen that I don't know about or if the guys will try to talk to council what might stretch things a bit for one more episode. So basicly I see it ending in next one or two episodes.

And yeh the Jelal/Erza fight seemed a bit anti climatic. Anime team needs to stretch them more, maybe add some fillers or something if that was an actual fight lengh in manga.
Old 2010-07-20, 14:30   Link #1722
bloodline

Spoiler for episodes:
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 14:46   Link #1723
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
Spoiler for episodes:
Spoiler for answer:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 00:57   Link #1724
bloodline

thanks friend.I hope you are right,though while i was searching i saw it at the anime network and i was wondering
Old 2010-07-21, 01:05   Link #1725
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
thanks friend.I hope you are right,though while i was searching i saw it at the anime network and i was wondering
ANN's episode title listing doesn't reflect the length of the series. Back when Fairy Tail first started airing, they had the first few titles and several empty place holders. As they learned more titles, they replaced the placeholders, and as they ran out of placeholders with no end to the series in site, they added more.

Whoever added placeholders most recently only went up to 48. They probably picked that number as if the series is continuing beyond the next arc, we'd be due for a new opening around then.
Old 2010-07-21, 07:57   Link #1726
bloodline

ah i see thats nice thanks krono
Old 2010-07-21, 08:31   Link #1727
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Why would they end anytime soon? There's still a ton of material to cover and the animation doesn't seem particularly costly. I'm still hoping they do add a little filler arc here and there though, as filler arcs=plans for long-running series.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:34   Link #1728
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
been listening to it too! but I like the first OST better. Maybe the novelty of the songs impressed me more whereas in the 2nd OST, most of the songs are a remix and a lot of them are quite short. They still haven't put in the song by Lucy's spirt when they first found Deliora.
My one complaint is that song still not being on an OST. I mean it was a nice one so you'd think they would throw it in there somewhere. Overall do like the first one better, but it's still a good OST.
Old 2010-07-21, 20:31   Link #1729
blewin

wonder whether they'll ever throw that track in, FlareKnight. Hopefully we'll get a OST 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for answer:
I wouldn't be all that suprised if the anime ends on episode 50 or something. One episode can cover 2-3 fights judging by the pacing so far. Besides, 50-ish is about that many episodes Rave gets. uhh... every episode of FT goes by too quickly for me. It feels like the anime's only started. I do so hope FT doesn't finish so soon but sadly, I can see its end coming too soon.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 20:43   Link #1730
MechR

OST 2's lack of tracks for future arcs, and the new ED "closing the book," both suggest that the anime is ending with the Luxus arc. (This on top of all references to Gildartz being omitted from the show.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 00:47   Link #1731
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I wouldn't be all that suprised if the anime ends on episode 50 or something. One episode can cover 2-3 fights judging by the pacing so far. Besides, 50-ish is about that many episodes Rave gets. uhh... every episode of FT goes by too quickly for me. It feels like the anime's only started. I do so hope FT doesn't finish so soon but sadly, I can see its end coming too soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
OST 2's lack of tracks for future arcs, and the new ED "closing the book," both suggest that the anime is ending with the Luxus arc. (This on top of all references to Gildartz being omitted from the show.)
Possible. I'm fairly certain at this point that the initial plan/goal was to cover up to the end of the festival arc. Their current rate would put them completing that arc sometime between episodes 52-56.

The flip side of this is that they did add foreshadowing for the arc after the festival arc. To my knowledge ratings have been reasonably solid. Unless DVD and OST sales have been absolutely horrendous, there probably isn't a financial reason to end the anime.

So at this point I'd say it could go either way.
Old 2010-07-22, 03:39   Link #1732
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Eh i don't see those two as being signs that this show adaptation will end soon. I just think that's looking a bit much into it. I mean we could easily have new pieces in the score during the next arc.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:30   Link #1733
Crontica

I do not understand how specific anime like Major can easily pick up another season, while good shows like D.gray.man seem to end the moment the author runs out of stall time for the real arc.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:33   Link #1734
kitten320

D.Gray man mostly ended because anime had picked up with manga and author was taking a huge breaks back then. Even fillers wouldn't help since manga still isn't that far from anime ending right now. We only need to hope that when manga will finally go ahead enough, a new season will be released.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:10   Link #1735
Kafriel
Senior Guest

DGM is a monthly manga and the author had prolonged health issues at the time, so ending the anime was the most logical choice. Seeing how Fairy Tail is weekly and Mashima is at a good state of health, I'd say the anime gives plenty chances for filler even longer than the first part of Naruto did...not that I'm exactly looking forward to over a year of filler:P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:29   Link #1736
kitten320

Well Fairy Tail didn't have any fillers yet so they might turn out great in comparison to others. I'm actually curiouse to see what kind of fillers will be done in the future.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:22   Link #1737
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
DGM is a monthly manga and the author had prolonged health issues at the time, so ending the anime was the most logical choice. Seeing how Fairy Tail is weekly and Mashima is at a good state of health, I'd say the anime gives plenty chances for filler even longer than the first part of Naruto did...not that I'm exactly looking forward to over a year of filler:P
I have to say Fairy Tail has a much better potential for filler than Naruto ever did. Well I suppose if they didn't feel the need to insert the title character into every episode they would have had good filler potential. Not like it hasn't been mentioned before, but with the guild setting there are plenty of options out there for mission related arcs. Do wonder if they are going to keep on going or just end it for a while after one of the next few arcs?
Old 2010-07-23, 14:01   Link #1738
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well Fairy Tail didn't have any fillers yet so they might turn out great in comparison to others. I'm actually curiouse to see what kind of fillers will be done in the future.
It actually has had a few episodes of filler already.
Old 2010-07-23, 15:13   Link #1739
kitten320

Then they were that good that I didn't notice
Old 2010-07-24, 07:56   Link #1740
Bern-san

that is because they are based on special chapters of the manga

by the way, still waiting for my "be careful with that guy" filler

back to the topic, i also am getting the idea that we are going to get lots of fillers or stop for a period of time

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen