AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 21:09   Link #1
Laryx

Lineage 2

The few times this new mmorpg is mentioned on this forum it`s not very favourably. So i`m curious if there any fans of the game out there as well.
I`ve been playing the open beta for a while and I have to admit the thing appeals to me. It`s not perfect and it could do with some more content but as a starting mmorpg it`s quite a bit of fun. I play on Kain. Servers are a bit overwhelmed now during the open beta. But that should end when retail goes live.
Good points
-nice pvp system (Pplayer Killers are outlawed and become prey to the rest of the game)
- castle sieges in high level games
- u don`t have to choose a specialized class when u start and you can specialize as you gain levels choosing a class that matched your play style
- drop dead gourgeous graphics. I can`t believe my eyes sometimes. and it has an anime shine to it. I often refer to it as record of Lodoss War Online.
Bad points
- clunsy interface. isometric 2d style interface doesn`t work well in a 3d game.
- needs more high level content
- it`s very hardcore and you`ll have to invest a serious amount of time. levelling is quite slow.
- characters tend to look quite the same

Screenshots
http://www.fnemesis.com/images/members/laryx

has anyone played this and if so what is your opinion?
Laryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 15:41   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I haven't try Lineage 2 yet, but from past experience with MMORPG, they don't have time to hang out in message board or download anime anymore. The one who hang out here are retired or burnt out players. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:23   Link #3
Dragonfly
Soul of an Angel

Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly Send a message via MSN to Dragonfly
im always interested in MMORPG but since the download servers are online (you can only download the client in 1 time which is 1.2GB or something)

i hope it will be something like asheronscall ^^
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:43   Link #4
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laryx
it`s very hardcore and you`ll have to invest a serious amount of time. levelling is quite slow.
Yes, that's normal in MMORPGs.

I have just downloaded this game, but there seems to be a prob.. I haven't received any Serial Key.. What a waste of time:P Is the beta closed already, or something?

Last edited by Thyrz; 2004-04-17 at 04:53.
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 18:31   Link #5
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
same here, they arent seems to be sending serials keys. I read that they would be sending to whoever the pick to be a tester, it may take a week to a month for the key to be recieve.

I may lose interest from it by that time.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 18:54   Link #6
Laryx

Sending out of beta keys seem to be very slow.
It has been this way this the servers were swamped at the beginning of the open beta. People i know have had to wait up to a week to receive thier beta key. I luckily signed up before the beta went live and received mine in seconds
oh and it`s still in open beta until April 28th
Old 2004-04-14, 22:07   Link #7
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

They really have to add more variety to the blacksmithing process instead of having to just going out and killing monsters for components for smithing.

Adding the ability to set up mines would be great.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 22:19   Link #8
Laryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
They really have to add more variety to the blacksmithing process instead of having to just going out and killing monsters for components for smithing.

Adding the ability to set up mines would be great.
I agree AC2 handled that better, thought not perfectly.
WoW also makes use of mines.
Killing skeletons for iron ore is a bit stupid.
Old 2004-04-14, 22:25   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
I agree AC2 handled that better, thought not perfectly.
WoW also makes use of mines.
Killing skeletons for iron ore is a bit stupid.
I just had bad EQ flashback, farming ores for smithing from monsters that doesn't always drop and wasting hours and hours of play. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:13   Link #10
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
Well guildwars isnt free. The plan is that you pay for the game disc itself for say 50$ and you can play unlimited, they will be releasing expansions in hope that you will like the game and buy the expansions. I really like this idea. Unlike FFXI which is hands down the most expensive MMORPG in the WORLD! 50$ to buy the discs and 13$ ( One account ) per month subscription!!!!
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:30   Link #11
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

What? Guild Wars is free to play?

SIGN ME UP!!

Edit: Just looked at Guild Wars.

Oh wow this game is going to be so amazing...

Gonna create my first classic character:

Solely to annoy!

Ie: Mesmer/Monk, Mesmer/Elementalist, or Mesmer/Ranger

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2004-04-15 at 03:01.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:55   Link #12
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Sending out of beta keys seem to be very slow.
It has been this way this the servers were swamped at the beginning of the open beta. People i know have had to wait up to a week to receive thier beta key. I luckily signed up before the beta went live and received mine in seconds
oh and it`s still in open beta until April 28th
I just got an e-mail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us! Due to the overwhelming popularity of Lineage II, serial numbers for new beta accounts are currently "queued-up" until we are able to increase the capacity of the Lineage II service. The codes are being sent out as quickly as possible. Please remain patient and the code will be sent to you as soon as possible. If you'd like, you can watch the Lineage II news page ( http://www.lineage2.com/news/news.asp ) for additional information as it becomes available.
Didn't have enough patience;P
Old 2004-04-16, 03:28   Link #13
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Ahh yes, Lineage II is a nice MMORPG, but my addiction for those types of games faded a long time ago when I stopped played EQ. Now all MMORPG seem boring and a waste of time.
Old 2004-04-16, 08:27   Link #14
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Same here, I stopped after 4 years. But I'm just curious
Old 2004-04-17, 04:57   Link #15
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I've been playing for an hour or so, here's my review:

Good:

- I didn't notice any bugs at all! For a beta, that's pretty promising and a big point.

- I did not notice any lag, but then again there were only a few players. Still..

- Graphics are NORMAL. Compared to other MMORPGs I've played, they're about the same. But there are not alot of nice effects in this game.

-The leveling goes pretty fast compared to other games.

Bad:
- The PvP system SUCKS. I got killed by some dude 10 levels above me for no reason. I've NEVER seen this on my years in Anarchy Online. I hope this is a bug, or this game is over for me.

-There are only 2 classes. But then again, it's a beta. Hope they add more for their sakes.

-No music! It's sooo boring running on the lands.

Personally, I find PvP very important in an MMORPG and therefor, this is no good for me.

edit: I have just played a little further and came in a tad crowded cities, and I couldn't even fuckin turn my ass around! The lag was so nasty, it's deleted, gone, pfucked.

Last edited by Thyrz; 2004-04-19 at 13:41.
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:06   Link #16
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ya, Lineage II is beginning to look like Ultima Online: Where you get pked left and right.

The only time this was actually fun was in the Good vs Evil system UO had set up.
Old 2004-04-18, 07:59   Link #17
Laryx

I`m lvl 16 and haven`t been PK-ed once.
soon high lvel players like to stalk nembie ground though. expecially on talking island.
None of that near eleven town though.
if anyone PK-s he goes red and can be killed without a penalty and can drop a lot of items. So PK-ing makes you a sitting duck for the rest of the game.
Old 2004-04-18, 09:55   Link #18
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Yeah, this is no system. In other MMORPGs there are special zones and arenas for PvP.

*delete Lineage2*
Old 2004-04-18, 14:30   Link #19
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Been playing it for awhile and I have to say this game is great. Its for the hardcore though and its not as forgiving as some other mmorpgs. In the beginning there are alot of people who gank newbies because newbies don't know whats going on. Ive been killing pk's left and right lately and when I was low level I was pk'd a few times as well. You just need to know how the karma system works.

If someone attacks you, and your name is white and you don't hit back and die they will get really bad karma and their names will go red. Being red sucks bigtime and most players don't have the balls to kill you if you don't hit them back for that reason. I was red early on because I killed a white named pk who didn't fight back and I ended up dying 4-5 times losing about 45% of my level. You also have a high chance of dropping weapons/armor that your equipped with.

There are alot more than two classes its just that you can only pick either fighter or mage in the beginning. At lvl 19 you can begin a quest for your first profession change and professions are different based on what race you chose. I chose to be a dark elf fighter in the beginning and at lvl 19 I had the choice of becoming either an assassin or a palus knight. I chose to be an assassin and at level 40 I will have another profession change with 2 options to choose again. Among all the races there are 18 different professions you can choose at lvl 19.

Hope you all give Lineage 2 a try, you just have to realize that pvp is a MAJOR part of the game and that you will die from other players sooner or later. And to me, thats what makes it exciting .

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:29   Link #20
mook

i too hav been playing for a little while now on bartz server the game i like very much...the towns i want to burn.....as stated earlier....LAG CENTRAL especially in gludio @_@
if u play this server too n want to talk as well lopok up for hafuku
not like theres much to talk about or we can prty up
mook is offline   Reply With Quote