AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 34 39.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 22.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 12:59   Link #21
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for episode4:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
Thanks Eryops, hmm, did Ni and Kai explains some of this is the anime...? If they did I completely don't recall anything. Given that it been a really long time since I watched both series and don't remember much of anything anymore...if they did explained it, I'd definitely have to go back and marathon both Ni and Kai.
Are you referring to the information in this post? I mostly got it from the VNs.

Quote:
I don't know whether she interacts with the others though. She didn't notice my other Higu desktop pets yet. (Albeit I'm hoping Rika might throw a chair at her)
The desktop pets don't interact with one another.
Old 2009-06-25, 13:08   Link #22
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well you are probably right as they don't seem to be interested in each other :/ . I still haven't seen the one where Rena takes a Rika home though.
Old 2009-06-25, 17:33   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I'd say that there are two Rikas/Berns after Rika decides to stop moving between worlds, as Bern diverges at that point, however what makes you think that the Bern from Umineko is different? I haven't seen any evidence pointing to that, so I think it's simpler to assume that they're the same being.
It seems we are talking of the same thing except I added 1 extra Rika.
The one I see "stopping" moving between world is the one I call Frederica Bernkastel.
Furude Rika is the original Rika who is present in each world before being "overwritten" by Frederica.

Then we have the last one who emerged from all of this (and who is also narrating the Kakera scenes in the VN), who is Bernkastel, that entity which is the on present in Umineko, unless proved otherwise.

Simply put, the "higher bernkastel" left in the Kakera world "central" point is the third layer.
Old 2009-06-25, 17:47   Link #24
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sniffle* So this is the end of the main story line? What a great way to end it. Some crazy philosophical stuff that doesn't end up being too pretentious. It ran very close to "moral of the day" but it did manage to avoid that.

Episode 3 left with one of the most difficult decisions in the series. Is it really ok to be selfish and go back to the world you wanted for at the cost of others? As Rika makes her decison, she begins to realize that Hanyuu was always there to help make her decisons. But this one, she must take responsibility, and take the risk of commuting a sin. Indeed, since Rika has spent the series as the innocent one, this totally flips the series over, as this entire arc already has.

But it is the hard choices that make the person and we are all the sum of our experiences, even if we don't want to be. It's just not a good idea to be constantly pursuing what-ifs constantly. Only with this realization, only can they truly move on with their lives and this is truly the end of Higurashi.
Spoiler:

10/10 for adding more insight to an already fascinating story.
Old 2009-06-27, 00:02   Link #25
Mercurius

Question about the VN version of the chapter:
Spoiler for Rei:

And one more regarding Matsuribayashi-hen
Spoiler for Epilogue?:
Old 2009-06-27, 01:16   Link #26
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

If I remember correctly, in the final episode(s) of kai, Shion covered Satoko's ears and explained that Satoshi was still alive, but that Satoko wouldn't be able to handle the news due to Satoshi still being comatose.

In short, I think they are saying Satoshi is still "away from home" in order to protect Satoko's state of mind.
Old 2009-06-27, 10:07   Link #27
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Voted 10/10 without a second thought.

Hanyu made one last fix to Rika's life.
Things can finally end now.

After following Higurashi for more than 2 years, I'm glad it all ends this way.
Though it's a little sad, the next episode will be the last for Higurashi. Time to move on to Umineko I guess.... - but I will never forget the wonderful times I had following the story of Rika and her friends!

*listening to Superscription of data
Old 2009-06-27, 10:13   Link #28
typhonsentra

Have they ever given a reason why they removed the portion of the story about the twins switching? It kinda made the run about their "Sin" not really make sense.
Old 2009-06-27, 16:53   Link #29
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Have they ever given a reason why they removed the portion of the story about the twins switching? It kinda made the run about their "Sin" not really make sense.
Rei was directed by Toshifumi Kawase. Higurashi no Naku koro Ni (Kai) was directed by Chikai Kon. It's not Kawase's fault that Kon took out the part about the switch.
Old 2009-06-27, 16:54   Link #30
FooBar

There's something I didn't quite understand during the entire Saikoroshi-hen arc:

Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:
Old 2009-06-27, 17:23   Link #31
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Honestly, I think the twin-switch explanation was just cut for time and to simplify things a bit. Hell, even in the games, isn't the switch only mentioned in a "tip" at the end of their arc? (I'm not completely sure about this though, mind you.)
Old 2009-06-27, 18:11   Link #32
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBar View Post
There's something I didn't quite understand during the entire Saikoroshi-hen arc:

I have the same question =(
Old 2009-06-27, 20:42   Link #33
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

Quote:
Well you are probably right as they don't seem to be interested in each other :/ . I still haven't seen the one where Rena takes a Rika home though.
me neither,I'm dissapointed kinda because I wanted to see that happen.
anyway,when will there be subs of this episode?It looks really good..
Old 2009-06-28, 01:52   Link #34
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

This episode was great I cried at the end.
(the desk pets are funny I laughed when Mion and Shion started to kick each other and when Satoko started to look at the broccoli and the cauli flower.)
Old 2009-06-28, 03:17   Link #35
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky-chan View Post
anyway,when will there be subs of this episode?It looks really good..
There are softsubs linked here in that thread earlier . They work with the HQ raw, and both the crappy quality leaked one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Here's a translation of episode 4. Just give this file the same name as the raw and place them in the same directory. I'd also suggest opening it and setting the font size from 20 to 30.
Old 2009-06-28, 04:00   Link #36
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Good episode tho i feel its rushed.
Spoiler for ep4 Rei:
Old 2009-06-28, 04:12   Link #37
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
Honestly, I think the twin-switch explanation was just cut for time and to simplify things a bit. Hell, even in the games, isn't the switch only mentioned in a "tip" at the end of their arc? (I'm not completely sure about this though, mind you.)
The switch is implied in the anime. When Shion is torturing Satoko, their roles revert to back to their original ones. Mion speaks like Shion and calls Shion "onee-sama", while Shion speaks like Mion despite the fact that there's nobody there that might overhear them.

In the VN, the switch is mostly explained by Mion's diary, so the fact they cut that part out is understandable. If they simply revealed it at the end of Meakashi-hen, it would have seemed too sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBar View Post

Hanyuu was corporeal when she and Rika spoke to Maebara Ichirou but incorporeal again afterwards. There's no reason to think she can't switch between the two states at will.
Old 2009-06-28, 19:22   Link #38
SnowSong

Sniff... I thought that was rather beautiful, especially the parts about killing Rika's mother. Well, day break will be fun.
Old 2009-06-28, 19:35   Link #39
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSong View Post
Sniff... I thought that was rather beautiful, especially the parts about killing Rika's mother. Well, day break will be fun.
Agreed, especially since
Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2009-06-28, 21:54   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was interesting and the moral dilemma compellingly presented. But boy, was it talky. I felt like I was attending a lecture.
Closed Thread