Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 01:41   Link #1461
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What do you think Dilla, will they Hang on to Butch? Should they? Some criticism online has been pretty toxic, but from what I see it's not really his fault per se.
Well, the reason online is toxic is because it's UNC, a big program. Everyone cheering for other schools are going to take opportunity to hate because that's what they do. For example, a lot of these people has dubbed the program UNCheaters. Guess what, all those accused have been held out, how does that make UNC cheaters?

What Butch has going against him is that UNC has a reputation of being a spotless program in all sports, nothing of this magnitude has happened to this program since 1957. Also, the AD has stated that he will back Butch, but the chancellor has stated that he very disturbed by what it going down. So I'm looking at it like this, if he stays, sweet. But if he is fired at the end the season, I won't be surprised. I just hope that they have a big name and recruiter in mind to replace him if it goes down. Personally, I would like Butch to stay. He took this problem for crap to contenders in only two years after he was hired, let him see it through. Plus, as I've said, UNC has a top 12 freshman class verbally committed for 2011, but if Butch is fired some of those recruits may de-commit from UNC and follow him or simply commit to another school.

The reason that this has been such a big deal is because this happened all over one summer. The illegal benefits issues are usually nothing big, I would say a good amount a collegiate players take benefits of some kind throughout their careers, but very few get caught. As you may have noticed, players getting suspended due to illegal benefits or talking to agents have shot up, and that's because of social media like Twitter. That's how got Marvin Austin caught.

Now the academic scandal has been overblown. Twelve players accused and as of now only three (all bench players) were found guilty and suspended for a year per the rules, seven were cleared and are playing, and the two left are likely to be cleared (one bench warmer and a rotational guy).

Three players? Yeah, so scandalous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Is it possible for Favre to reach 300 straight games in the regular season if the Vikings don't make the playoffs? Mind you, he clearly is limping. Not sure if he can continue the streak. Still an amazing feat regardless of when it ends, since he's in the 290s and the next closest is in the 120s.
Peyton Manning has 198 consecutive starts.

I doubt Favre sits, he receives a lot of dislike(I'm one of them) for various issues, but he is an Ironman.

Like tonight when he got popped and started limping, he refused to see a medical trainer. One even tried to confront him and force him to be evaluated, but Favre blew him off to prepare for the next offensive possession.

The only way he doesn't play is if he is carried off the field on a stretcher (which could happen actually, he's been taking a beating and that's his surgically repaired ankle, one good shot and that may be his career).

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-10-25 at 02:28.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 05:29   Link #1462
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
The chaos is fun, but is sure hard to keep track of!! Let's look at individual conferences for example...

Obviously edited for space...

Nice analysis; very thorough and pretty-much spot on!
Old 2010-10-25, 13:07   Link #1463
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
So how are the saints doing against Cleveland? -gets out popcorn-
I'm not surprised honestly.

My thoughts on how good and effective of a team the Saints are has not changed from last year. They have a pretty darn good offense that is greatly carried by Drew Brees and they're a team that needs to live off the turnovers to consistently win. If either one of those things faulters, even a little, it's hard for the Saints to win a game.

Last year I believe they got lucky and I'm sure I'll get flack from Wingdarkness for saying such a thing but I honestly don't give a damn since I've already argued this with him before. The Saints made a nice emotional run last year and won and in the end winning is all that matters so props to them, but I still don't consider them an elite team. So yeah, not surprised by the loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ugh...epic fail D on igglez part =/...yay for giving up 23 POINTS IN ONE QUARTER (before Kolb's pick 6)
I've usually had no major qualms about the Eagles D, but holy crap way to lose your grip on that game. That would've been a huge win for the Eagles.

Now I'm hoping for the Giants to lose to the Cowboys; don't want those Giants to start running away with the division.

In response to the bears game all I have to say is that Culter may have found his favorite target in DeAngelo Hall.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-10-25 at 13:36.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:19   Link #1464
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I doubt Favre sits, he receives a lot of dislike(I'm one of them) for various issues, but he is an Ironman.
Woops , I spoke too soon.

Will he play? Who knows.
Old 2010-10-25, 17:12   Link #1465
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@GuidoHunter_Toki - FLACK!
Old 2010-10-25, 18:15   Link #1466
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@GuidoHunter_Toki - FLACK!
Bravo.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 23:11   Link #1467
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Romo went out with a fractured clavicle and the Cowboys lost. Talking about adding insult to injury.
Old 2010-10-25, 23:49   Link #1468
Kyuu
=^^=

Thank you Giants for putting a nail in the coffin for the Cowboy's season.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:10   Link #1469
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
Thank you Giants for putting a nail in the coffin for the Cowboy's season.
Agree, though that's real tough on Romo. I love seeing the Cowgirls fall but even as a Redskins fan I never wish such an injury on a player particularly a QB.

Hmm, looks like Eli is back in his groove, NFC East should be interesting three way race (I guess really two way cause as much as I love the Redskins, we are still too sloppy to be a post season team).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:20   Link #1470
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If you haven't noticed solomon, almost everyone in the NFC is 'sloppy'.

Why is is that every conference I cheer for flat out suck?
Old 2010-10-26, 00:20   Link #1471
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Agree, though that's real tough on Romo. I love seeing the Cowgirls fall but even as a Redskins fan I never wish such an injury on a player particularly a QB.

Hmm, looks like Eli is back in his groove, NFC East should be interesting three way race (I guess really two way cause as much as I love the Redskins, we are still too sloppy to be a post season team).
With Three INT's Hell no!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:41   Link #1472
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
If you haven't noticed solomon, almost everyone in the NFC is 'sloppy'.

Why is is that every conference I cheer for flat out suck?
HAHA good point! It's all about the AFC this year
Old 2010-10-26, 04:32   Link #1473
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Poo dat...Really, we stink chunks of it right now...An it's totally our offense...Which is unbelievable...Sean Payton can't ever keep it simple...All we had to do was run Chris Ivory early and often to establish something, but he wants to start the game shotgun and $hit and Cleveland (along with help from our own Scott Fujita) killed us...Very ironic that Drew Brees throws two INTs to a guy who has the same name as his newly born son (Bowens)...Clearly Brees' mind was elsewhere this week, and he stunk almost worse than Alex Smith and David Carr (As if that's possible)...

I have no illusions, this team will struggle to make the playoffs, but if we can get there healthy (5 Starters out today) we'll have a chance...Once the Browns got a lead they called every trick play in the history of football to keep it...They had nothing to lose, give'em credit, we sucked a$$, but we still don't stink anywhere close to the sadness that is your 49ers...Sharpen your passive aggressive empathy, you'll need it...
Meh. It will take a LONG time before I'm envious of New Orleans. The 49ers could be awful for the next three years and the Saints win three straight trophies...and I still wouldn't trade legacies. I'm still LMAO over those vintage Jim Mora press conference meltdowns.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 15:31   Link #1474
LMF

Speaking of Cowboys of being a Super Bowl contenders, what happen to the Chargers?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 15:59   Link #1475
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

They suck. So do the cowpies.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:22   Link #1476
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
Speaking of Cowboys of being a Super Bowl contenders, what happen to the Chargers?
Stupid turnovers and shitty special teams.
Old 2010-10-26, 20:01   Link #1477
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
They bought into the media hype and thought they should have been crowned champions without having to show up and play. Reality isn't very kind.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 20:02   Link #1478
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That defense is really something though. Too bad its like Jekyll and Hyde with the offense.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 20:32   Link #1479
solomon

Speaking of surprises, The hell is up with NFC South? Atlanta leading? Satan needs to get the pilot light lit down there.
Old 2010-10-27, 01:56   Link #1480
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Speaking of surprises, The hell is up with NFC South? Atlanta leading? Satan needs to get the pilot light lit down there.
NFC South usually had the "Worst-to-First" pattern. It's been true for the past 4-5 seasons. Granted, in order for it to work again, Tampa Bay would have to win the division; but they're right up there.

As for the Falcons, there's no surprise to their success so far. They have a well-built team and the drive to try to go far. Granted, they're among those "silent teams".
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports