AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 24.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 15.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 34.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-19, 10:13   Link #81
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

God I hate the Gespenst. Leave my Gespenst Kick alone! Unless Orimura Ichika can somehow pull off a scream worthy of the Endlave...
Old 2012-03-20, 13:50   Link #82
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Like most here I feel the potential of GC was squandered as i have mentioned before. GC did so many things right but in turn those good things were overshadowed the amount of bad things they did wrong such (proper characterization) But i will admit GC has 2 things i have not seen in a while.

1. The ability to stir the imagination in terms of speculation we have some great discussion in the speculation/Spoiler thread and i enjoyed reading everyones comments. Its obvious that GC was able to touch viewers heart to a certain extent but it only touched viewers hearts, because of poor execution on several fronts it was not able to penetrate viewers hearts, something that if they were able to do could have elevated this series well into the top 100 animes on my list. Its a shame really i still had fun viewing but seeing so much wasted potential watching it sometimes became painful.

2. GC arguably has one of the best freakin soundtracks i have heard in at least 2 years. The music of the series was able to touch me at my core more than the characters and the series as a whole has. Careful selection of tracks for certain scenes were spot on and had me cracking my 5.1 surround in my room so much that my roommates complained. If only the writers and director were as spot on with the rest of the series as they were with the OST. I have been rocking out to the soundtrack in my car for the past 2 weeks on repeat lol.

Unfortunately i will be on a business trip starting on Thursday so i will not get a chance to view the next episode till Monday which pretty much sucks.
Old 2012-03-20, 13:57   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The soundtrack really is the greatest strength. I haven't listened to a soundtrack this much in a while. I think it distracted us from seeing more of the faults as we watched. I commend the composer and the sound director who did a wonderful job on choosing when the place the music and all.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:28   Link #84
king12354

Yeah, plot and characters are still bad. Everything else is good though. Same old, same old.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:54   Link #85
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think GC soundtrack is really amazing. I can't think of any anime soundtrack that actually as good as GC in this year and last year.

The "Basileus" track is simply unbeatable. It has "epic" written all over the track.
Old 2012-03-21, 00:21   Link #86
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't want GC to finish. I don't think there is any anime in this year that actually as good/entertaining as GC.
rinne no lagrange?

as for this ep, was fine except for the reasons/justifications shoe and inori said:
"shoe showed me a whole new world" - since when? I dont remember him showing you around or anything.
"inori is more deeper than that" - ahaha. your funny, shoe. no seriously, since when?

I believe the show would have done better if they kept it the first half, just stretching the show to reach 22 eps with SoL, action, explanations, etc.
so that shoeXinori would feel more "real" than it is. honestly, shoeXayase has more chemistry, and this ep had to boost that even more

GC relies too much on WTF! moments to attract fans, rather than create a coherent story line. as said, they added too many elements in the story and results in several unsatisfied fans.

and look, daryl is back on the bad guys side. they have now placed themselves in a corner for this, no matter if he survives, dies, ends up with tsugumi, etc. there's no way for him to be redeemed as a good guy now.
Old 2012-03-21, 06:54   Link #87
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
rinne no lagrange?
ha..ha..ha...hahaahaha....I'm sorry...Let's just say that I don't share the same view as you.

Quote:
"shoe showed me a whole new world"
It means Inori learn a lot about the world from Shu; the kindness, love, hatred, grief and etc. Is it really that hard to understand what she was trying to say? You are like, the 3475 persons who said this.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:35   Link #88
Soji

silvercover@ For how much i like the scene between Shu and Ayase ...I have to disagree.
The Inori and Shu scene ... both of them show us that they really does love each other more that people give credit. No matter if you like it or not, if you try to trully understand what they mean with that you does understand that they are really in love with each other. Honestly ,think about me what you want...but after that scene I hope even more that Inori and Shu gain their happy ending.

noobita @ Agree...and other than that,show us that she love Shu a whole. The good side and bad side of him.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:44   Link #89
silvercover
Romance Expert

love each other through trauma and despair... not a good way of proving real love. heck, the closest one to this kind I can think of right now is yukiteruXyuno, and they still did have some real developments outside of distress and troubles that made it believable.
like I said, it needed some moments of "normalcy" especially to show shoe and inori's relationship developing. ayase and shoe have less, but had some meaningful scenes to each other while actually having some good conversations. cut off those WTF plot twists to actually focus on their characters.
inori was too much in the background, ignoring how their relationship was all bumpy in the beginning, how much do we see actual meaningful moments with the two?
its still shallow very much. we do not see either of them trying to improve their relationship, the closest being that flashback of inori when shoe was going to ask about his voids, that showed how he respected her privacy.

@noobita
I only said rinne no lagrange since its the other one closest to the elements of GC that I can think of(mecha, fantasy, sci-fi, action, SoL, etc.) plus its got a 2nd season as well.
I didnt mention F/Z and shakugan no shana for example.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:30   Link #90
Soji

silvercover@ Like I say. like it or not that scena had a big meaning. What that scene want to show us was...that both Inori and Shu love everything about the other one and show us that they know eachother more that anyone else.What ever we love how the* relationship developing* or not...is still there. And is not born from the trauma,sure the whole trauma thing play a role but the whole point of that scene (like I say) was to show us that both of thme have accepted everything about the other. No one show to acept Shu a whole and the same can be say for Inori..the only one that acept everything about her was Shu.But I do agree with you that I would have preferred if they have show some "normalcy" in their relationship ...but unfortunately they dont.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:09   Link #91
Arya

@silvercover: I understand if you can't see much development between Inori and Shu, much of it was even implied, and nobody here negates that GC has its flows. But all in all they got development, even thanks to the desperate situations they were put in, yes. That was the story. And that's Inori, she is not your normal schoolgirl. And it is not a romance anime, so you can't pretend they focused much on their relationship.
But really not compare Inori and Shu to Yuno and Yuki. Those two didn't have any development. Not as character per se nor as a couple, so far at least

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:28   Link #92
silvercover
Romance Expert

yes but its still less believable and pretty shallow still as they lack some screen time. one of the other things that makes this so is because of GC tendency to "time skip" almost every other episode. yes they could have but we do not see the development, which makes it hard to emphasize.

@arya
the "wedding" bring any bells? or the carnival? plus yuno cooked for yuki and actually did stuff for yuki.
whereas, how many times did shoe and inori had some moments together? when things werent "pushing" them?
problem I see is that when inori said "shoe showed me another world" is very much false as the only time I saw shoe "teach" inori some things were in the 3rd ep where he told her killing is wrong. otherwise, can you say something the two of them introduced to each other?
and from shoe's words "inori is deeper than that" when has he gotten around to find out anything about inori? anyone can easily say "X has more depths" to someone who they dont even know anything. shoe hardly took any time of trying to understand inori.

it pisses me off more than the other inconsistency, as you can tell from my personal title.
Old 2012-03-22, 06:52   Link #93
Arya

I know, Yuno/Yuki have spent really much more time together, but what I'm saying is that all that time spent was "forced" and didn't push them anywhere.

Inori and Shu lived under the same roof for a while and they spent (the most significant) time together during the school arc. We saw them having their time, but most of which was implied. We saw the tyrant-Shu ruling the school mercilessly and at the same time we saw the *inner* Shu, the true Shu, being with Inori every moment he could, they lived in symbiosis. Inori saw him suffering the king role, a role that didn't fit him at all and went against his true self, true self who was something more similar to Hare's *loser* king wish.

So if from one side Inori learned many feelings from Shu, on the other side her learning has reflected on how she stayed next to him being supportive and practically saving him from all that trauma and despair.
And as I said, Inori is not your usual schoolgirl, she started her life as a nutshell first and lived in a military enviroment afterward. So the phrase "shu showed me another world" make sense to me, in many ways.
But, as I said before, the most of their relation development was offscreen, so it's up to us how to fill the holes the writers left (some willingly, other unwillingly).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:01   Link #94
silvercover
Romance Expert

really? yukiteru went the extra mile during those times, which made it sweet and romantic considering that he's afraid of the girl in question. it makes yuno's attraction to him more plausible and sweet, and improves a viewer's opinion on the guy.

yes, they lived under the house but has their relationship really moved?
the main problem with that is, if they did get closer, how come they hardly realize anything thats troubling their partners until its right in their face or even told directly by the person? shoe didnt know that inori was having some problems with her sanity til she told him. while inori in return hasnt actually done anything for shoe except just blindly listening and maybe consoling him for how "good" he's doing rather than trying to get him better.

actually you know, it would make much more sense to swap their lines during ep 21:
shoe: "inori showed me a diff world" - makes a hell of a lot more sense considering she was the one who opened a new direction in shoe's life.
inori: "shoe is much more deeper than that" - shoe has shown so "much" character. shoe has at least more character development and depths than inori. plus inori has shown to be the person who consoles shoe and "understands" him rather than the other way around.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:16   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
^ His comment was towards Shu failing his objective rather than the virus itself or Da'ath goal. Yuu held him back till Mana was ready to come out of the crystal and retreated once the process was done. Mana's song has a instantaneous effect so the vaccine won't able to save anyone.

Embrace despair = you already lost Inori, the one you gave everything for (Of course, that's what Yuu wants to believe)
I see....well I think much more exposition on the Daath is certainly in order...
Old 2012-04-07, 10:42   Link #96
kitten320

I always liked Ayase more than Inori and that did not change. She is a far better character and she didn't turn her back on Shu either.

Inori still remains quiet plain in my eyes.