AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 19:33   Link #101
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

X800GTO should be good. I can run Oblivion at high with decent frame rates, so it should have no problems with WOW since that requires less.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 19:42   Link #102
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Hmmm Can you link me ot a board if you can within a price range of that supports Dual Cores 50-95 USD becuase I am not sure how to update the bios.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 20:06   Link #103
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Hmmm Can you link me ot a board if you can within a price range of that supports Dual Cores 50-95 USD becuase I am not sure how to update the bios.
Don't worry about it then. I was reading an article where there were testing basicly the same setup you're considering. Well, same mobo and processor anyway. It ran fine, but they were having some trouble overclocking. It wouldn't report the correct speeds and other minor things. http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2791 Still they had good results, getting it up to 3.6 ghz on stock cooling.

edit: Actually, I only skimmed through it, apon further reading, they were hoping biostar improved the bios. They were using the latest version. Still, it worked so there shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-07-19 at 20:22.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 20:28   Link #104
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Don't worry about it then. I was reading an article where there were testing basicly the same setup you're considering. Well, same mobo and processor anyway. It ran fine, but they were having some trouble overclocking. It wouldn't report the correct speeds and other minor things. http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2791 Still they had good results, getting it up to 3.6 ghz on stock cooling.

edit: Actually, I only skimmed through it, apon further reading, they were hoping biostar improved the bios. They were using the latest version. Still, it worked so there shouldn't be a problem.
Ahhh ok thanks alot for everything !
Old 2006-07-28, 01:15   Link #105
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Ok OS I got my new parts and all set up so now the 1st problem (why cant things ever go right) This badboy processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116001
Is killing me on heat and I am useing the stock cooling fan its running at a whopping 82 degrees C but the thing is this is when my tower is standing up but when I lie the tower flat the CPU temp drops to 58 Degrees C altho a dramatic drop in temperature not near what it should be while idel. I am fairly sure this is mostly because maybe the heatsink isnt latched on properly becuase of its crazy locking mechanism but other than that how can I make this cooler becuase I want to over clock to at least 3 GHz and get some bang for my buck.....

Well thanks
Old 2006-07-28, 02:24   Link #106
iceyfw

it could be the airflow of your case causing the weird temperatures or something not connected right. but i read in the reviews its safe for it to be up to 90c.

ocing to 3.0ghz might or might not require an aftermarket hsf since your temps are kinda funky but you'll still need it anyway if you intend to go any higher.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 02:32   Link #107
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Either try removing the paste\whatever that came with the processor and apply some AS5 (arctic silver 5) on it or try rotating the heatsink. Is the hs getting lifted by a transistor? It's also possible that your mb is reporting the wrong temps.

You could always get an aftermarket cooler instead.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 12:59   Link #108
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Well i have a huge aftermarket cooler but it just doesnt fit in the case its HUGE ! I have one of those massive Thermal Takes. But I will try re doing the paste and rotateing the heatsink.
Old 2006-07-29, 00:18   Link #109
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Well i have a huge aftermarket cooler but it just doesnt fit in the case its HUGE ! I have one of those massive Thermal Takes. But I will try re doing the paste and rotateing the heatsink.
Yeah, if resetting the hsf and reapplying thermal paste doesn't work then your bios is reporting the wrong temps or faulty, otherwise you would be experiencing random OS lockups and reboots constantly. Heh try running a cpu benchmark a hour and see if it locks up or reboots, if it doesn't then the temps are wrong. I don't worry about temps unless windows becomes highly unstable during regular use or when playing computer games.

In my opinion all Intel processors run hot, I would've waited for the cooler and better performance new Intel duo 2 (conroe) processor that's slated to be release soon. I plan on upgrading to that as soon as its available @ newegg.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 01:14   Link #110
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
A grain of Rice size, is all that you need for thermal paste.
Just spread it out with a razor.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:16   Link #111
remase2

audio

i bought a dvd internal drive and i don't have a audio card.
I bought the generic 3 to 4 audio connectors. i connected the audio connector to the part of the dvd drive that says analog audio and then connected to the motherboard
i basically wasn't sure how to connect it and connected the two black ends, one to the mb and the other to the drive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812102107
when i tried to play a audio cd it said the drive wasn't responding and i needed a audio card.

my motherboard is a asus a8n5x amd board and the drive is a sony dvd-rom ddu 1615
shouldn't the audio connector work, do i really need a audio card?
remase2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:27   Link #112
martino
makes no files now

Ermmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by from Asustek
Realtek ALC850, 8-channel CODEC
Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology
Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on back I/O
Your mobo does have an audio chip, so you should find the connectors at the back...

Tags
building computers