AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-26, 21:01   Link #4081
Shadow5YA

Are those... machines coming out of Dolly's crotch?
Old 2013-05-26, 21:12   Link #4082
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are those... machines coming out of Dolly's crotch?
... Lol, and to the comment two posts above, yes I agree with you. I don't think it takes her very much of her power to do what she did as long as she uses Exterior... what I'm confused about is this: why is she afraid of Gensei using Exterior... In fact, how would Gensei use Exterior? I thought for a while this is part of some other huge plot like Sisters plot was for Mikoto that Crowley will use, but I'm still not completely sure yet I guess... It seems to me like things are getting crazy. I hope 60 comes out soon especially since it is already out right? Did JS06 say when chapter 61 is coming out in Japanese when he posted the spoilers for chapter 60?... or is it always on the 27th of each month?
Old 2013-05-27, 20:15   Link #4083
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Ok i just checked out the chinese 60.

Flashback arc Misaki was freaking awsome

Spoiler for Summary from what i can tell.:

some of this is probably off cause i suck at chinese check dm5 or something if you wanna see it.
Old 2013-05-28, 14:27   Link #4084
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

some of this is probably off cause i suck at chinese check dm5 or something if you wanna see it.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-29, 04:41   Link #4085
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-29, 06:34   Link #4086
whitecloud

I hope they will explain how misaki know touma in the flashback....maybe misaki know touma because of this event...
Old 2013-05-30, 03:55   Link #4087
zaeraal

RAW and translation is out.
Spoilers
Spoiler for spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

PS: I find it funny for Touma to say "Is today just Kamijou-san's lucky day?" Maybe the charm really brings luck
Old 2013-05-30, 04:05   Link #4088
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for spoilers

PS: I find it funny for Touma to say "Is today just Kamijou-san's lucky day?" Maybe the charm really brings luck
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-30, 04:39   Link #4089
OverNOut
The Obsever

So what were the machine parts for?
Old 2013-05-30, 04:46   Link #4090
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler:

Yes, that's most likely.
I came up with a theory, that she might have a different set of clones for Exterior..
..But after seeing her power output after she used Exterior, I am absolutely sure she uses Misaka Sisters.

Spoiler for Misaki's plan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
So what were the machine parts for?
I believe machine that extended her lifespan
She was a prototype, they probably didn't had yet normal medicine to extend her lifespan as they have now for Misaka Sisters.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:18   Link #4091
Haigon

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for spoilers

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-30, 10:38   Link #4092
whitecloud

Full tuning is most likely the dolly? Which explain why it cannot accesses misaka network so easily, eventhough since its the prototype it means it is higher in the hierarchy than last order which explain an incident where full tuning managed to take control of last order for a moment

Anyway...more flashback...I'm sure the answer to misaki attitude to touma is this event! Eventhough Kamachi could throw us more screw ball...
Old 2013-05-30, 10:46   Link #4093
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Full tuning is most likely the dolly? Which explain why it cannot accesses misaka network so easily, eventhough since its the prototype it means it is higher in the hierarchy than last order which explain an incident where full tuning managed to take control of last order for a moment

Anyway...more flashback...I'm sure the answer to misaki attitude to touma is this event! Eventhough Kamachi could throw us more screw ball...
That could be the "collective consciousness" of the network rather than an individual.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:01   Link #4094
zaeraal

^I agree with whitecloud, that Full Tuning might be the final Dolly, which was the base for Sisters.
One that was not modified by Testament Brainwashing and already has powers.

Spoiler for My edited theory:

I guess we will have to wait for future chapters to fully understand her motives.
We still have many unknown variables like the researcher that is helping Misaki, the "client" they mentioned, why Misaki stopped doing what she was doing with the Sister and went after Gensei,Touma-Saten-Xochitl..
Old 2013-05-30, 21:52   Link #4095
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
^I agree with whitecloud, that Full Tuning might be the final Dolly, which was the base for Sisters.
One that was not modified by Testament Brainwashing and already has powers.

Spoiler for My edited theory:

I guess we will have to wait for future chapters to fully understand her motives.
We still have many unknown variables like the researcher that is helping Misaki, the "client" they mentioned, why Misaki stopped doing what she was doing with the Sister and went after Gensei,Touma-Saten-Xochitl..
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand any of that... I had two questions. First, where do you get the translations before the chapter comes out? I haven't been able to figure this out. Second, it sounds like your old theory was pretty the same as my old theory lolz so my question was:
Spoiler:

This is a NT 7 spoiler so don't read this unless you've read NT 7 of Index (the sequel series) (this pertains to Shokuhou)
Spoiler:

Something about your reasoning just seems weird to me because of this.

Furthermore, from the manga
Spoiler:

About the other thing you mentioned in spoilers for the new chapter:

Spoiler:

Yeah, these are my initial reactions to hearing all this. I kind of thought some/a fair amount of this was true beforehand, by suspicion, but this still blew my mind.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:10   Link #4096
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand any of that... I had two questions. First, where do you get the translations before the chapter comes out? I haven't been able to figure this out.
Translating manga consists of 3 fases - Scanning, Translation, Cleaning and Typesetting.
Popular Scanlation Groups typically have their people in all categories and you will never see anything besides the finished product.

As for Railgun, there were 2 scanlation groups (Hidoi and Overload Scans), but eventually they droped it.
Without them, it remained on fans to do it and each category is done separately by different people.
Because of that, there is necessary some "common channel for communication" between them.
Luckily, it's done on specific (often mentioned) places, that are not that hard to find and you can easily download raw / translation, before it is put together.

Quote:
Second, it sounds like your old theory was pretty the same as my old theory lolz so my question was:
Spoiler:
Dolly is a Clone, that was said various times. But they did not mentioned who they had clonned.
By appearance and hair color we can guess it was Mikoto.
Quote:
Researchers: The Exterior Project is not some game of dolls forced onto us from above that we do not even know the true purpose of.
The Clone Dolly workshop is the crystallization of our greatest wishes.
They reffered to it as "Clone Dolly workshop" -> DOLLY was most likely the name for all clones, like MISAKA is for all Sisters.

My theory was, that at some point they stopped making DOLLYs and started making MISAKAs.
Dollys were not brainwashed by testament and might not even had any powers.
Dollys might have been the base for ALL clones, like the first serie, to see if they can even clone people or not.

And the point between the last Dolly (the one we saw does not necesarilly has to be the last one) and first Misaka was where Full Tuning was created.
Full Tuning was most likely made to see if they can make a Level 5 from a Clone.
In other words, she might be something between Dolly serie and Misaka serie.

Quote:
This is a NT 7 spoiler so don't read this unless you've read NT 7 of Index (the sequel series) (this pertains to Shokuhou)
Spoiler:
Exterior might be the bridge between the Sister network and person using it.
Like the chocker Accelerator uses, but different model..
Kakine did not mentioned it, because it is basically the Sister Network with a different acces point.

Quote:
Something about your reasoning just seems weird to me because of this.
That's why they are just theories

Quote:
Furthermore, from the manga
Spoiler:
Level 5 does not really care about others around them when they use their powers for their goals.
And she does not have problems brainwashing absolutely anyone, her own friends (that's some trust), teachers, whole school garden, Mikoto's friends, thousands of people on streets..
She even said she does not trusts people she can't use her powers on (like Mikoto).

The guy helping her might be mind-controlled and who knows who is the Client.
But they were supposed to earn his trust, it would not make sense for her raid him with Mikoto.

Quote:
About the other thing you mentioned in spoilers for the new chapter:

Spoiler:
Touma's power WILL NOT erase her current memories, it does not work like that. (Take for example the Aureolus memory erase)
Only if Shokuho was to "restore" their memories, I can bet she would erase them (and mind controll them) as the price for restoring memories of Mikoto.

And Saten was quite close to finding out about magic and Sisters.
As for Sisters - she saw one in anime, already knows Mikoto is searching for her Sister and definitely knows about all the rumors regarding Mikoto's clones.
As for magic - Saten is the only one from the group who can believe in magic, she saw it already several times and she even was able to tell that those powers are not esper powers.

It would not be that "game breaking" if she was told about it's existence.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:43   Link #4097
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Translating manga consists of 3 fases - Scanning, Translation, Cleaning and Typesetting.
Popular Scanlation Groups typically have their people in all categories and you will never see anything besides the finished product.

As for Railgun, there were 2 scanlation groups (Hidoi and Overload Scans), but eventually they droped it.
Without them, it remained on fans to do it and each category is done separately by different people.
Because of that, there is necessary some "common channel for communication" between them.
Luckily, it's done on specific (often mentioned) places, that are not that hard to find and you can easily download raw / translation, before it is put together.

Dolly is a Clone, that was said various times. But they did not mentioned who they had clonned.
By appearance and hair color we can guess it was Mikoto.

They reffered to it as "Clone Dolly workshop" -> DOLLY was most likely the name for all clones, like MISAKA is for all Sisters.

My theory was, that at some point they stopped making DOLLYs and started making MISAKAs.
Dollys were not brainwashed by testament and might not even had any powers.
Dollys might have been the base for ALL clones, like the first serie, to see if they can even clone people or not.

And the point between the last Dolly (the one we saw does not necesarilly has to be the last one) and first Misaka was where Full Tuning was created.
Full Tuning was most likely made to see if they can make a Level 5 from a Clone.
In other words, she might be something between Dolly serie and Misaka serie.

Exterior might be the bridge between the Sister network and person using it.
Like the chocker Accelerator uses, but different model..
Kakine did not mentioned it, because it is basically the Sister Network with a different acces point.

That's why they are just theories

Level 5 does not really care about others around them when they use their powers for their goals.
And she does not have problems brainwashing absolutely anyone, her own friends (that's some trust), teachers, whole school garden, Mikoto's friends, thousands of people on streets..
She even said she does not trusts people she can't use her powers on (like Mikoto).

The guy helping her might be mind-controlled and who knows who is the Client.
But they were supposed to earn his trust, it would not make sense for her raid him with Mikoto.

Touma's power WILL NOT erase her current memories, it does not work like that. (Take for example the Aureolus memory erase)
Only if Shokuho was to "restore" their memories, I can bet she would erase them (and mind controll them) as the price for restoring memories of Mikoto.

And Saten was quite close to finding out about magic and Sisters.
As for Sisters - she saw one in anime, already knows Mikoto is searching for her Sister and definitely knows about all the rumors regarding Mikoto's clones.
As for magic - Saten is the only one from the group who can believe in magic, she saw it already several times and she even was able to tell that those powers are not esper powers.

It would not be that "game breaking" if she was told about it's existence.
You misunderstand about Saten. It's just that if she learns about magic: it gives me hope she can convince Mikoto about magic at some point which could let Mikoto "awaken" (What she did in Liberal Arts city arc doesn't count in my opinion)

That's a good point about Saten knowing about the sisters. It would certainly create an interesting/different relationship between all of them. I mean Mikoto keeping a secret like that from her best friends is kind of hurtful I would guess. I'm just curious as to how this revelation would affect their relationship and their opinion of Touma or at least Saten's if she realizes that touma was the one who saved her.

Also, when I said Saten might lose her memories, I mean because of the trouble with mixing new and old memories. Her old memory path ways can be unlocked, but these also affect recent memories as well, neurologically. Usually with brain trauma you can remember something, but it will affect your recent memory in some way sometimes. I was just saying it would be possible. If it were true then Mikoto's friends getting their memories back quickly and not thanking Touma so much would make sense, but yeah, I doubt she'll lose her memory from Touma. Maybe Xochitl will hit Saten very hard on the head and make her lose her memory

Furthermore, I see what you were saying about the translation project for railgun. Thanks, this is enlightening. I really had no idea about how it all worked. I would be infinitely grateful at some point if you could PM me info about where to find their communication stuff; I like learning new plot ASAP and it would let me see more of what you were saying if I piece it in with the images.

I see what you were saying about the Dolly's and about the way she uses Exterior to link to the Misaka network and about full-tuning.
I still don't think Shokuhou is THAT ruthless. NT 7:
Spoiler:

I get what you mean. I just wasn't sure what was theory or not because I haven't been able to find the translations.
Old 2013-05-31, 15:12   Link #4098
zaeraal

The scanlation is out, I guess some people didn't wanted to wait another month for the usual guy to do it.
Quote:
That's a good point about Saten knowing about the sisters. It would certainly create an interesting/different relationship between all of them. I mean Mikoto keeping a secret like that from her best friends is kind of hurtful I would guess. I'm just curious as to how this revelation would affect their relationship and their opinion of Touma or at least Saten's if she realizes that touma was the one who saved her.
Yes, this would definitely make the story more interesting.
I also don't like how Mikoto is keeping everything from them and is basically the "knows everything" person.

Quote:
Also, when I said Saten might lose her memories, I mean because of the trouble with mixing new and old memories. Her old memory path ways can be unlocked, but these also affect recent memories as well, neurologically. Usually with brain trauma you can remember something, but it will affect your recent memory in some way sometimes. I was just saying it would be possible. If it were true then Mikoto's friends getting their memories back quickly and not thanking Touma so much would make sense, but yeah, I doubt she'll lose her memory from Touma. Maybe Xochitl will hit Saten very hard on the head and make her lose her memory
Memory is quite spacious, I do not think that the memories of this one day would overlap with the ones concerning Mikoto (and definitely not all of them)
And it also depends on how Misaki erased those memories.
Saten was able to remember Mikoto a bit, which means they are not completly erased, but maybe just blocked.
Which means that her brain should not be able to overwrite them.

Quote:
I see what you were saying about the Dolly's and about the way she uses Exterior to link to the Misaka network and about full-tuning.
I still don't think Shokuhou is THAT ruthless. NT 7:
Spoiler:
I don't really see how mind-controlling everyone, including your own friends, to achieve your goals is not ruthless.

I mentioned this before, but mind-control is the most tragic power of all powers in anime.
It always led only to pain and suffering, even for the person using it.
And her careless use of it makes it only worse, and her "cute" behavior near Mikoto does not help it.
Take Frenda in recent Railgun episode for example, she was cute and all, but didn't had problems killing that guy in car.

...Even considering her relationship with Touma, we can suppose she already had to be saved/stoped by him.
So she definitely misused her powers in past and paid for it and now she is doing it again...

Unless she can prove otherwise, she will be always ruthless in my eyes.
Old 2013-05-31, 15:14   Link #4099
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 60 scans are out!

Spoiler for c60:
Old 2013-05-31, 15:38   Link #4100
Algent

Something interesting happen on page 5, Dolly show Misaki a big bottle (water ?) and she ask her to use her power. Could this be an hint to her power True nature ? Like high-precision water manipulation ?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen