AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 20:14   Link #101
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well Shonen Magazine does target towards an older audience than Shonen Jump does. Air Gear had a rape scene in it and their was a nipple slip in this series earlier on. So it may not be too much of a big deal. Well know if it only last 4 or 5 volumes.
Well you have to remember that it is one thing when it happens to other girls and another when it happens to the potential main love interest. Usually the storm is unavoidable in shounen in such cases, and it depends on the maturity of audience on how big and significant it is.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:22   Link #102
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well you have to remember that it is one thing when it happens to other girls and another when it happens to the potential main love interest. Usually the storm is unavoidable in shounen in such cases, and it depends on the maturity of audience on how big and significant it is.
Although I hate it and I'm shocked and can't get over it and will probably think about it all night, I think it's pretty unique having that type of love interest in a shounen manga - It's pretty rare nowdays and the author certainly took a big risk by shocking us like this, I admire his guts and stupidness.

I can't pick a favorite girl now for some reason though, I don't know...I can predict her ex-boyfriend showing up in later chapters.
Old 2009-11-03, 20:42   Link #103
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Air Gear never had any rape scenes lol.
It did lol. The one dude the Skull Saders leader that owned Ikki earlier that made Ikki piss himself showed up later. He was angry at one girl who made fun of him for getting owned by Ikki later on, then we see a seen of the guy raping the girl in the alley, this happens in vol 4 ch 28. Also there was implied rape in the first chapter of several girls when Ikki got beat up by the Skull Saders.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:57   Link #104
Darknemo2000

Quote:
It did lol. The one dude the Skull Saders leader that owned Ikki earlier that made Ikki piss himself showed up later. He was angry at one girl who made fun of him for getting owned by Ikki later on, then we see a seen of the guy raping the girl in the alley, this happens in vol 4 ch 28. Also there was implied rape in the first chapter of several girls when Ikki got beat up by the Skull Saders.
Yes I noticed the implications too, but again none of the girl where main love interests and that detail does change things.

The current stuff does not work for Yuki's favor in terms of popularity. Now we will get more people doubting on who should win, because Utsuki looks so innocent and pure (despite being a bit of perv) that some would probably like him to end to an equally pure aura giving sempai rather than the girl they saw shagging her brains out with her ex-boyfriend (if it was consensual, for which I am still not sure).

Knowing the fact would be less 'painful' (as in being told but never shown) than witnessing the scene the way we just did and probably will witness few more times in the future.

If sex is consensual then Utsuki may start looking not a good pair to Yuki because of his innocence, if it was rape though then Yuki may get much more pity points, but it would make the plot like a cheap hentai fantasy if the guys did not get punished for it.

Either way I have to applaud the mangaka for having the guts (or the stupidity) to show it in graphic.
Old 2009-11-03, 20:59   Link #105
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Lol that was rape lol.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:31   Link #106
Dark Mage

Quote:
Yes I noticed the implications too, but again none of the girl where main love interests and that detail does change things.

The current stuff does not work for Yuki's favor in terms of popularity. Now we will get more people doubting on who should win, because Utsuki looks so innocent and pure (despite being a bit of perv) that some would probably like him to end to an equally pure aura giving sempai rather than the girl they saw shagging her brains out with her ex-boyfriend (if it was consensual, for which I am still not sure).

Knowing the fact would be less 'painful' (as in being told but never shown) than witnessing the scene the way we just did and probably will witness few more times in the future.

If sex is consensual then Utsuki may start looking not a good pair to Yuki because of his innocence, if it was rape though then Yuki may get much more pity points, but it would make the plot like a cheap hentai fantasy if the guys did not get punished for it.

Either way I have to applaud the mangaka for having the guts (or the stupidity) to show it in graphic.
You know, maybe I m old-fashioned or call me narrow-minded, but the moment I heard and saw from the raws what Yuki did, I had the same exact thought, that was, I somehow immediately lost respect for her and for some reason, even though I know its pretty shallow, I didnt want Yuki to end up with Utsumi because she has lost her innocense/purity/whatever-it-is-that-I-cant-really-put-my-finger-on that now suddenly makes me uncomfortable with Yuki being the one for Utsumi.

However, please dont be mistaken, that was only for a few moments, I still like Yuki very much and I am still rooting for her because she is awesome and I want her to be happy and after thinking about it, I think Yuki's street-life experience, sarcastic/sardonic attitude or down-to-earth personality is what perfectly compliments Utsumi's innocence, purity and naive outlook towards love. But you are right, in shounen we dont want our main-girls losing their purity to someone other than the main dude. So even if I am still rooting for Yuki, she would still lose a few points in my book if it was consensual but I guess I can sympathise more if it was forced. But I have to say, even though I knew Yuki will have some sort of a dark past, this was completely unexpected and was a shocker. However, I would be more than dissapointed with Yuki, if it turns out she still lovres her EX-Boyfriend even after what he has done and I would be mad when the guy makes an appearance and apologises Yuki just forgives him. But incicdents like these do really hapopen, and if it wasnt rape and he was indeed her Boyfriend, then there's nothing the cops can do about it. That's why people say, not to exchange your embarrassing photos with anyone not even your BF/GF as there's always a chance He/She will show it to others.
Old 2009-11-03, 21:53   Link #107
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
But incicdents like these do really hapopen, and if it wasnt rape and he was indeed her Boyfriend, then there's nothing the cops can do about it. That's why people say, not to exchange your embarrassing photos with anyone not even your BF/GF as there's always a chance He/She will show it to others.
Yeah your just asking for trouble if you do that sort of stuff especially if they break up. Anyways as for Yuki it was pretty obvious she already had dated someone considering all the dating advice she was giving to Utsumi just didn't expect for the manga-ka to get too deeply with this sort of stuff, not that I have a problem with that just surprised, you rarely see this sort of stuff in shonen romance manga. I have seen it Seinen manga though.
Old 2009-11-03, 22:09   Link #108
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Yeah your just asking for trouble if you do that sort of stuff especially if they break up. Anyways as for Yuki it was pretty obvious she already had dated someone considering all the dating advice she was giving to Utsumi just didn't expect for the manga-ka to get too deeply with this sort of stuff, not that I have a problem with that just surprised, you rarely see this sort of stuff in shonen romance manga. I have seen it Seinen manga though.
Yeah exactly my point. Knowing she dated someone is still not the same as seeing her shagging her brains out with some dude even if dating nowadays mean also having sex in most cases, the audience still takes it much lighter if it remains as an word based info rather than visual one.

I remeber a good allegory from my own childhood. When I was a kid I used to live near the river and build sand castles. Once I built a good one and left it but the next day found it already broken by someone. I was sad for a bit but i was ok, however the oter time when I just finished another castle some slightly drunk adult trampled over it and I saw it and I wanted to shout and cry, even if it was far much lesser damage and the castle itself was far much more ugly.

Visuals have greater effect than just knowing the fact. Thus I do not know if it was particularly a great idea in shounen manga to show main heroine having sex with some other guy than protagonist when you could just leave an info in words or at least some very slight implications rather than the straight act as such. It will cause more reaction thats for sure (even we discuss here much more often than usually) but I am not sure if it will be all that positive one and that it wont hurt the manga itself in the future.
Old 2009-11-03, 22:46   Link #109
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I picked up this series thinking it was a shoujo ho ho, oh lord I still remember it. It was after I finish a Chinese drama then dropping it. After doing so I realize I had some spare time so I picked up some random manga like always. Quite a good series though meh. The blondy shouting at her brother was awesome, that is how I should be like.

*Note I don't read shoujo, no idea why.
Old 2009-11-03, 23:17   Link #110
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Visuals have greater effect than just knowing the fact. Thus I do not know if it was particularly a great idea in shounen manga to show main heroine having sex with some other guy than protagonist when you could just leave an info in words or at least some very slight implications rather than the straight act as such. It will cause more reaction thats for sure (even we discuss here much more often than usually) but I am not sure if it will be all that positive one and that it wont hurt the manga itself in the future.
If this was a moe and popular series, we'll never hear the end of it from the fans. I'm thinking Kannagi and this is even more blunt while the other was just an insinuation.

Now I find myself favoring Iketani...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 01:51   Link #111
itachi29al

Didn't look consensual to me just on the grounds that her head seem kinda snapped back, like she was unconscious. Anyway i think its kinda weird that u rather it be forced then consensual, i guess i kinda see what u mean but its seems kinda cruel. Anyway idk, it really just two tiny pictures so it is almost impossible to tell what was goin on, it just seemed to me that she wasnt all there. Anway ill save my judgment till a translation comes out.
Old 2009-11-04, 02:31   Link #112
Darknemo2000

Technically it could not be Yuki, because the girl in the picture has her head as you mention snapped back and we cannot see full facial expression.

Yet because the girl has black hair and the same length as Yuki and illustrates Yuki's words it seems like its Yuki.

She has not been unconscious though. You can see fingers of her right hand on the the guys left arm so she must be conscious to hold it the way she does.

It is unclear if her head is snapped back because of the pain of penetration or because of ecstasy though.

Yeah Kannagi's Nagi got 'burned' even for smaller stuff. It was a small group of people but it had a big effect. But it is shounen moe series where one of selling point is innocence and cutesy. So her having a past boyfriend came as shocker. We never see Nagi having sex tough, like we see Yuki though.

Of course the author could still pull 360 and say that it was not Yuki but her friend or sister, but its not very likely and I myself am pretty sure it is Yuki having sex in the pic.

What makes me hard to believe it is her boyfriend is because the guy who is f*cking Yuki and the guy who is showing/watching pictures in the middle have seemingly different hair length. The one who is having sex with Yuki seems to have longer hair than the guy sowing the pictures. So the guy screwing Yuki's brains out cannot be the same person who is holding the cam in the second pic.

It could be that those all are friends and the impression that the guy in the middle is showing off his 'work' with Yuki is wrong, so its sill possible though.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-11-04 at 02:47.
Old 2009-11-04, 03:13   Link #113
Iron21

I wonder what the reaction is from all the fanboys and otaku over there in Japan from this development.

Because, I'm raging right now in the inside.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 03:25   Link #114
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

doesn't anyone have a source for the translation of just this very part? I mean it seems like we'll have to wait months for the full translation otherwise
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:16   Link #115
RahX

geez...some of you really love to overreact..

so what if she had sex already?, perhaps she was really naive back then and she really loved the other guy, trusted in him and allowed him to have sex with her...just so he would go around showing what happened to his friends...she must have felt really betrayed..

I'm tired of seeing girls how are all pure and innocent in romance mangas, so Yuki's character it's to me a really good change in the whole "romance formula", I just hope that the author sticks with this development since I want to see how Utsuki is going to deal with it once he learns about her past...
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:25   Link #116
ZODDGUTS

He would do what any good guy would do which is spit in her face and call her a whore. I kid. Seriously though wouldn't blame him if he did that.
Old 2009-11-04, 04:34   Link #117
Dark Mage

Well enough with the Yuki talk, we learnt something about Shuu's past as well, and she seemed really depressed after she found Utsumi with that other girl and in this chapter we see Shuu thinking about it alot. I really want to know what she was thinking about or what she said to Yuki. However, I really felt sorry for Yuki when I saw her sad face as she remembered stuff
Old 2009-11-04, 04:35   Link #118
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post

so what if she had sex already?, perhaps she was really naive back then and she really loved the other guy, trusted in him and allowed him to have sex with her...just so he would go around showing what happened to his friends...she must have felt really betrayed..

I'm tired of seeing girls how are all pure and innocent in romance mangas, so Yuki's character it's to me a really good change in the whole "romance formula", I just hope that the author sticks with this development since I want to see how Utsuki is going to deal with it once he learns about her past...
no one would have mind if it was clear that it was consensual but that is the point, without a translation we don't know for sure although i'm trying to be hopeful now. I don't care if she deliberately had sex before, that doesn't discredit the character for me but if she was forced it discredits the whole series for me.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:35   Link #119
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Yeah Kannagi's Nagi got 'burned' even for smaller stuff. It was a small group of people but it had a big effect. But it is shounen moe series where one of selling point is innocence and cutesy. So her having a past boyfriend came as shocker. We never see Nagi having sex tough, like we see Yuki though.
I can't even imagine what those 'faithful' otaku would do if they show even a glimpse of Nagi-sama having sex with her 'boyfriend'... it might become dangerous.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:40   Link #120
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post

Please remember that it is a shounen. Talk about overreaction in seinen not in shounen.

And yeah some guys would call her a whore. This time it's you who are over imagining things if you think all guys would deal such situation like adults. Not many would call her a whore to a face but some definitely would behind her back.

In fact quite a number of prostitutes have been naive girls in the beginning too... Sad world we are living in but oh well...

All and all I think it is you who are wrong talking about overreaction in here as it is a shounen manga and not seinen, so I view it as a normal thing.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi