AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 35 22.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 37.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 21.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 12.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-20, 14:09   Link #161
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It was because of her father that she discovered music in the first place. Music is interesting, because we all hear it, usually constantly in our modern world....but it takes that special moment and that special song to really resonate with how we feel right then. Her passion was ignited, but her curse was that the same person who drove her to music is also the same one who ended it.

It's not as horrifying as Yuri's story but it fits Iwasawa's personality pretty well. I really liked the song, it was absolutely beautiful and you can really tell there was a lot of emotion put into it. That song, the little backstory and her final words all combined to make a really bittersweet moment.

I was sort of feeling it before, but this episode really gave me After School Nightmare vibes.

I see your point i guess what i felt bad about the most was that it was because of her father that she discovered music but also because of her father others in the real world were deprived of the beautiful music she was capable of. It was obvious that he music had the ability to touch peoples hearts that something special and very rare.

I too thought the song was absolutely beautiful and i look forward to hearing it on the OST. i also like the song "crow" even though we only heard it for a few seconds.
Old 2010-04-20, 15:20   Link #162
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

more importantly, i would like to see TK's story
Old 2010-04-20, 15:28   Link #163
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
more importantly, i would like to see TK's story
And watch him be slowly driven insane by the horrific events around him until random Engrish is all he can say.

Or hey, maybe that's how he always rolled. Watching a character pose and sprout "Get chance!" while their family is eaten by rabid dingos would be an... interesting change of pace.
Old 2010-04-20, 18:40   Link #164
xia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Edit: oh and did anyone notice the City hunter reference? There was even a bit of the music playing !
And Howl's Moving Castle as well from the looks of it.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
Old 2010-04-20, 20:13   Link #165
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
As for Iwasawa dissappearing, well I havent decided if its really a good thing or bad. I mean she looked very happy as she poofed. But for the series the band lost its singer. I just really hope the band can continue on. Because its an element of the anime I have really enjoyed so far. Hopefully one of the other guitarists can continue singing or maybe they can find a new singer. I dont want the band to die. Especially after hearing how much the students love and support them. I really loved the music, I think I was about to cry during Iwasawas final song.
But the teachers were confiscating their instruments so the band effectively died also imo.
Old 2010-04-20, 20:14   Link #166
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the teachers were confiscating their instruments so the band effectively died also imo.
they can recreated.
Old 2010-04-20, 20:53   Link #167
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they can recreated.
We have the memories. We can recreate them. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.
Old 2010-04-20, 22:45   Link #168
NinjaYali
Banned

Question...

How many bouncers did we need to stop a concert? 3 or 4?
Well you've distracted the female students but what about the guards in the dormitory?

Well, I don't mind Iwasawa dying/resurrecting/whatever. Another typical tragic past for the lowest common denominator and the power of music story.

And this power of music which I might add, I don't see how it fits into the overall story of fighting against one hax little girl. The music only being for the sake of popular appeal with the excuse of 'diversion' being thrown in.

Still, I suppose it's better then the first time they used the diversion for the sake of free food even though they had the resources to dig and create a elaborate underground furnace. This management would make Stalin proud.

And of course, there's the idea being brought up that God perhaps doesn't exist. Which brings us to this week's quote.

“If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion.”- Edmond de Court
Old 2010-04-20, 23:06   Link #169
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
For everyone saying that the stories are tragic ,well if you think about it if you die at the age they are your death was bound to be bad. Anyone I have know whom has died early was suicide, car accidents, murders terrible disease. I mean someone could have choked on carrot and died XD
Old 2010-04-21, 04:15   Link #170
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I mean someone could have choked on carrot and died XD
Yeah,I bet that's what happened to Tenshi. Now she's so pissed that she's developing these superpowahs, and slowly but surely her ultimate revenge towards all carrots in the world will commence.

In the meanwhile she literally kills time with getting rid of those pesky kids who are always making a fuzz for some mysterious reason. They even start shooting at her whenever she tries to ask them to join her carrot rebellion! But instead of giving her the opportunity to properly make this proposal, they either shoot or give these pointless concerts which are ruining her concentration whenever she's making schemes in her room! To to make it even worse, every damn student is giving her crap when she tries to clean the school for all those concert adverts!

YNAW, ITZ NOT LIEK SHEZ TEH BADGUJ FFS!!1!1!

-------------------

Anyway, to make this post not entirely worthless, the episode was quite moving. The flashback of Iwasawa was pretty emotional to me, especially since music means a lot to me as well, so I could relate to her a lot. It really made me like her character, so you could imagine how shocked and depressed I was feeling at the moment she just dissapeared. Want her back nao!

It sucks how you couldn't see how she vanished though... Like she just cracked though the floor lol. Hope we'll be seeing this in detail sooner or later.
Old 2010-04-21, 04:25   Link #171
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
And this power of music which I might add, I don't see how it fits into the overall story of fighting against one hax little girl. The music only being for the sake of popular appeal with the excuse of 'diversion' being thrown in.
I think the point is that the actual story is really about a load of people that each have their own individual problems that they need to resolve and that their Rage Against The Heavens is actually just a farce to avoid their real problems. Atleast, that's what many have already speculated it will become.

I mean, to be honest, this show doesn't particularly strike me as Nay-Theist. If it were, being religious myself, I probably would've noticed by now.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-21 at 06:57.
Old 2010-04-21, 06:52   Link #172
farios

Just me or doesn't it seems that one of Yuri' younger sisters looks like Yui?

Spoiler for just in case...:

The middle one
Old 2010-04-21, 07:10   Link #173
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xia View Post
And Howl's Moving Castle as well from the looks of it.
I caught that one too. I didn't get the first one, but it's great when they throw references to other stuff in.
Old 2010-04-21, 22:33   Link #174
jinnous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I caught that one too. I didn't get the first one, but it's great when they throw references to other stuff in.
The first one was from Laputa: The castle in the sky.
Spoiler for space:
Old 2010-04-22, 16:54   Link #175
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, there are i think, 2 more single albums coming out between here and the end of the show, so i guess the band will continue on?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-22, 22:56   Link #176
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Just me or doesn't it seems that one of Yuri' younger sisters looks like Yui?

*SNIP-SNAP*

The middle one
She kinda does, but that's prob unintentional. She got killed when she was pretty young, no older than Yuri, who was no more than twelve at the time of her siblings' murders. Maeda would have to pull a big one to explain how Yui got older in the world where supposedly no one ages, if that even is Yui.
Old 2010-04-22, 23:43   Link #177
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
She kinda does, but that's prob unintentional. She got killed when she was pretty young, no older than Yuri, who was no more than twelve at the time of her siblings' murders. Maeda would have to pull a big one to explain how Yui got older in the world where supposedly no one ages, if that even is Yui.
I really don't think so...it's more likely just the animators being a bit lazy...
Old 2010-04-23, 06:49   Link #178
farios

Haha yeah, i guess its just me thinking too much although i do think their similarities isn't just a coincidence like Michiru from AIR
Old 2010-04-23, 14:20   Link #179
Crontica

First time in a long while i seriously cried. Maybe its because i can relate to the whole situation conspiracy and all.
Old 2010-04-27, 07:57   Link #180
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan

Evaluation of episode 3

This episode is "7 out of 10 : Good". It is neither boring nor very exciting.
The disappearance of Iwasawa is surprising, but it can't move me to tears because this scene just explains how to disappear from the world.

By the way, I prefer Crow Song to Alchemy I want to know which is more popular among users of this forum
Closed Thread