AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-10, 19:29   Link #1241
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
<_< I'd hardly call Mayoi Neko Overrun a series "everyone seems to likes", even people like me who enjoyed, will generally admit the series had a lot of issues and poor execution in some episodes .
I see. I quickly assumed MayoiNeko as a series that "everyone seems to like" since my IRL friends seems to like it and have no complains.
Old 2010-12-11, 02:05   Link #1242
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I enjoyed the manga, yes, but the anime was too fillerish. Perhaps it was a bad time to adapt MNO! at that time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-12-11, 22:02   Link #1243
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

One Peice. Its not that I hate it or anything but I just can't get into it for some odd reason. Its seems like it would be my kinda show but I can't get into it.
Old 2010-12-14, 00:29   Link #1244
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Bleach - Dear God. It just keeps going on, and on, and on...

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - It wasn't THAT good.
Old 2010-12-15, 13:24   Link #1245
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i hated bleach but why do every freaking one likes it!!
Old 2010-12-19, 18:22   Link #1246
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Sora Wo Kakeru Shoujo

AKA The Girl Who Leapts Through Space

Because the story makes NO sense,
the plot never explains at all,
even those bad guys in the show turns out to be allies all of the sudden for NO apparent reasons.

Even the voice of Leopard played by Jun Fukuyama are totally a JOKE. I mean seriously, why are the bad guy named Nerval turned Evil to Good? Why is Leopard turns good to evil then? This really makes NO sense to me at all. Until it makes me go like this video:

Old 2010-12-25, 00:13   Link #1247
Sciel
Etoilé

Index by far.Too much tech/religious babble in both seasons which both aren't really my cup of tea. Also have never liked either main leads (I loathe Touma) . I guess thats why i like railgun more .
Old 2010-12-25, 00:57   Link #1248
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

K-On! x_x I've tried to like it, but sadly... no.
Old 2010-12-25, 03:03   Link #1249
christinemarie
Crazy One

One Piece
Bleach (Since episode 60 onwards)
Naruto not Naruto Shippudden
Strikes Witches
Old 2010-12-25, 12:10   Link #1250
ellamarie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Rurouni Kenshin just sucks IMO, I could NEVER like this garbage. I don't see how Cowboy Bebop is all that good, it's pretty boring if you ask me. I don't understand Inuyasha all that much. .Hack//sign was boring too. DBZ was okay, but I'll give it credit because it truly sparked my interest in anime. I don't see how any Gundam series is good, I truly hated them. Lupin III seems kind of popular, but it's possibly the most boring show I've ever seen. I like Naruto, but I think it's waayyyyy overrated. There are more, but I guess I'll end there.
I guess you almost hate all anime..
Old 2010-12-27, 07:58   Link #1251
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I'm going to say this for one last time, Axis Powers Hetalia. Its popularity in deviantart, danbooru and pixiv annoys me. Nearly all of its fanarts are drawn by fujioshi and bishounen fangirls. Yes male moe if you can call it. It is annoying when anime like K-On and Lucky Star were bashed for their moe fanservice but Hetalia can get away with it.

Its humor? Its not funny or satirical to begin with. Instead we were served with cute guys doing cute things. Zero plot and development. I'm not defending K-On but at least it had plot. The humor department? Even the worst episodes of Crayon Shin-chan are funnier than any Hetalia episodes.

Spoiler for What Hetalia should have been:

Yes that picture is many more times more satirical than Hetalia.
Old 2010-12-27, 13:05   Link #1252
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I'm going to say this for one last time, Axis Powers Hetalia. Its popularity in deviantart, danbooru and pixiv annoys me. Nearly all of its fanarts are drawn by fujioshi and bishounen fangirls. Yes male moe if you can call it. It is annoying when anime like K-On and Lucky Star were bashed for their moe fanservice but Hetalia can get away with it.

Its humor? Its not funny or satirical to begin with. Instead we were served with cute guys doing cute things. Zero plot and development. I'm not defending K-On but at least it had plot. The humor department? Even the worst episodes of Crayon Shin-chan are funnier than any Hetalia episodes.

Since I've seen about 10 episodes of it, I'd pretty much have to agree with you, though the humor is a bit better than you give it credit for; still wasn't that funny ever.
MAL
Old 2010-12-27, 18:27   Link #1253
Stefkov

Oreimo. It seems like everyone I see praising it goes on about everything but it being a massive brocon/siscon/incest story in the making. After the first two eps I checked some summaries of the novels, I don't even know why I continued watching it.
Old 2010-12-27, 22:28   Link #1254
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Index by far.Too much tech/religious babble in both seasons which both aren't really my cup of tea. Also have never liked either main leads (I loathe Touma) . I guess thats why i like railgun more .
I am the same, Index is an okay anime it is that balsted protagonist that keeps getting in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post

Lets face it, it is only good for yaoi bait.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:05   Link #1255
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, and getting flamed to all hell...

Just to address the big issue of many users here going "why would people like this anime if its so full of crap", keep in mind something very important: different people watch anime for very different reasons. Ever hear the saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure"? The infamous Big 3... keep in mind their target audience. It ain't for what I suspect many of the users here are, i.e. in their late teens, if not adults. Those shows are aimed at 13-14 year olds... take a moment to try to remember what you were like at that age. Probably liked tons of fights, mindless or not. As for other shows... well, K-On and similar shows are aimed at what I've seen dubbed as "moe-takus", something I presume many posters here are not (myself included... in fact, I'm watching those shows just to say I've watched them). As for the other shows that fit into neither category... well, as I said, what you might dislike about the show is the exact same reason other people love it. Why? Because people are people (take that however you want)

That being said... my extreme dislikes that seem very popular (or at least, at the time were very popular) are as follows:
TTGL: Let me first declare that I'm into the action and fighting with insane power-ups class of shounen (there is an exception to this, which I'll get to). Therefore, with all the fights and whatnot that it had, it was awesome to me. However, I'm also a complete sap/hopeless romantic. And for those who know the show, what they did to all the Love Interests by the end of the series... it became a case of "never again"

Code Geass: It was many pages ago, but someone declared that those who hate CG hate it because a character died. So sue me, one of my favorites did die (and she was a lesser character too...), and that's where my romantic sap side kicks in. But that's only half the reason. The other big part was how many plot holes there were by the end of R2. Seriously, a guy surviving a huge energy blast, with only being blind as a consequence? And that's just one of the many holes...

Naruto: At the risk of sounding like everyone else around here... I actually liked the series, up till right around the waterfall fight. Now, I'm very much behind on the series for obvious reasons, so feel free to correct me on any of my following points. First off, the series is called Naruto. So not only does Naruto get beat at said above fight, Sasuke goes more and more emo. To add to that, he gains so many ridiculous power-ups that he might as well be God. Wait, Naruto gets tons of power-ups too? But it seems Sasuke is still God. (this is the exception to what I said with the shounen stuff). Oh wait, here's the kicker: not only is emo bastard with all of God's powers able to kick your ass every single damned time, you still want to try and be friends with him and bring him back to your side when he clearly has no intentions of ever going back? (again, feel free to correct me on anything I'm highly uninformed about)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2010-12-28, 03:29   Link #1256
mechdra

Code Geass: The plot is weak, the technology development is too fake, weak character, bad script, and it looks more like some costume drama I watch before. I wonder will there be a temple for Lelouch one day since so many people worship him.
Old 2011-01-02, 08:22   Link #1257
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

DBZ - just way too stupid
Gundam Seed
Naruto - too much filler, way too corny
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - i dont even wanna talk about that one
Elfin Lied - just didnt make sense
Old 2011-01-02, 12:05   Link #1258
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Actually, upon further watching, I've actually found something I hate with a flaming passion: Gainax's Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. There's nothing wrong with the show from a technical standpoint, but 90% of the show is composed of the type of humor one would see in Beavis and Butthead or South Park. But that itself isn't even the problem so much as it is the lack of competency in their writing, or rather, the lack of understanding on how to crack westernized jokes.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-01-02, 22:50   Link #1259
Yukiae

Hetalia, Lucky Star, and Kuroshitsuji.
I just can't comprehend how people can like these series. When I tried watching them, they bored me to tears. >_>;
Old 2011-01-02, 23:17   Link #1260
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
i hated bleach but why do every freaking one likes it!!
It actually is slowly starting to drop... YAY! The only reason why I still keep up with it is because of characters but even that won't be abel to hold my attention for long =/

I don't remember if I mentioned those but...
Tengen Toppa - a dumb action which makes no sence with seriously dumb and annoying characters... And by sence I mean all those transformation and stuff, there is no logic behind them, they just happen out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

Now simply the series that did not get my attention as promised:
DTB - it has nice action, basicly the only reason why I watched the series. But I simply can't understand the plot and I'm still lost on how contractors appear... also since all contractors are unemotional, they start to look very similar. There are only several of them that I liked. Series are not bad, but not as great as everyone says.

Kuroshitsuji - quiet dragged series, plot that could be great somehom gets boring. Ciel is not interesting, all he does is drinking tea, ordering Sebastian around and havin several moments of rage and sadness. Sebastian also is a let down, he is cool and funny but the whole Merry Sue thing is a HUGE let down what makes me not care for him at all. That's why season 2 was a win for me, we have new more active characters, Ciel starts to move his butt more and Sebastian gets owned several times.

Wolf's Rain - series were simply boring and somehow characters weren't very likeble despite having traits which I like... It's like if they weren't used properly... also the main villian was an eyesore both in looks, voice and his actions. I couldn't wait until he would dissapear from screen... The only characters for whom I really cared were Tsume and Cher, and also Blue. Also some of the scenes requiered a slightly better excecution in my opinion and I'm confused about whole wolf/human transformation... was that illusion?
Though I must admit that drama in last 4 OVAs was quiet strong.