AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-23, 21:38   Link #221
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

He is a tutor, participates im a military conflict and has no clue about what he is doing most of the time, which got him in this sitation in the first place...
Old 2014-08-23, 21:39   Link #222
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Actually he believes the princess is a total pacifist and would not consent to using her power.
I don't think he ever said that, but even if that was the case, he has known her for years, so he would probably have a good reason to think that way.

Quote:
He comes to this odd conclusion she is being forced or manipulated.
It's not so odd considering Inaho's attitude.

Quote:
This is the same princess that flips over guys that comes close to her. He obviously doesn't know or forgets that aspect of her.
I wouldn't be surprised if he taught her those moves.

Quote:
He doesn't think things over when it comes to the princess.
He's not exactly quick witted, that's true, but it's not only when it comes to the princess.
Old 2014-08-23, 21:40   Link #223
Thess

Quote:
Actually he believes the princess is a total pacifist and would not consent to using her power. He comes to this odd conclusion she is being forced or manipulated.
It's not odd, blame Inaho for not clarifying why he asked and giving him that sort of answer that confirmed his fears.

Quote:
This is the same princess that flips over guys that comes close to her. He obviously doesn't know or forgets that aspect of her.
Hand to hand self-defense isn't the same as power up war weapons against her people.

Quote:
He doesn't think things over when it comes to the princess.

He thinks things fairly well. The only reason the war didn't stop in episode 5 is because of Cruhteo spilling things to Saazbaum who manipulates everyone. But he also has normal emotional reactions. I don't think anything wrong with them.

Quote:
I don't think he even comprehends the concept of self defense being abused for so long.
His actions in episode 6 speak against that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
He is a tutor, participates im a military conflict and has no clue about what he is doing most of the time, which got him in this sitation in the first place...
Yes, he's brave and loyal. Cruhteo was impressed and he admitted he was wrong and wanted to apologize.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 21:44   Link #224
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
No Body =/= Death trope. Aldnoah just can't help but play its cards straight. To the point where I'll actually be more surprised if the guy did die.
Just waiting to see Okisuke appear as the final boss

About the dead aldnoah drives on the landing castle, I don't think that really means anything conclusive about Cruhteo being dead or alive. Since we don't know anything about how they work, some piece or infrastructure that allowed them to stay on could have been damaged, the castle did suffer a rather huge amount of damage (in fact, it looks like a crazy amount of damage consider what you'd expect it to be able to withstand), but damn, I didn't think a castle needed THAT MANY of them, geeze, there's enough there to power a fleet of battleships and accompanying Kats.

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't throw Inaho into whatever this ship's version of the brig is for a few hours after his little conversation with the captain, no matter what the princess said about not telling anyone

And I'm surprised they haven't reached Russia yet. That ship must fly pretty slowly unless they're trying to decide how exactly to deal with their current situation (with the princess) and how not to get shot up the moment they appear before they head over.
Old 2014-08-23, 21:46   Link #225
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Yes, he's brave and loyal. Cruhteo was impressed and he admitted he was wrong and wanted to apologize.
Yead, brave and loyal with the ability to not think thing further than the tip of his own nose.

Bravery and loyality don't mean much when most things fail because you are not capable to use your brain. So slain is suffering, ok, but it is either his own damn fault or he the circumstances were against him. Poor guy, using his head would have certainly spared him some nasty experience.
Old 2014-08-23, 21:48   Link #226
Thess

Quote:
Yead, brave and loyal with the ability to not think thing further than the tip of his own nose.

Bravery and loyality don't mean much when most things fail because you are not capable to use your brain.
You sound very angry that Slaine gets attention. I wonder why?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 21:51   Link #227
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I wonder why you just won't accept things how they are? Fanboyism?? It is e word that you have used a couple of times already.
It's allways the fault of someone else...
Old 2014-08-23, 22:00   Link #228
Thess

Quote:
I wonder why you just won't accept things how they are? Fanboyism?? It is e word that you have used a couple of times already.
It's allways the fault of someone else...
What things? The director said Slaine was a good boy with bad luck. That's all I'm seeing: a good person that meets misfortune.

Old 2014-08-23, 22:11   Link #229
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
No Body =/= Death trope. Aldnoah just can't help but play its cards straight. To the point where I'll actually be more surprised if the guy did die.

Then again, since Cruhteo wasn't an important character, I might have to eat my words. But I still expect the guy to come back as Aldnoah's masked pilot.
I dunno about that, if you slow the video down, it is rather obvious that he's pretty much a goner.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:12   Link #230
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
What things? The director said Slaine was a good boy with bad luck. That's all I'm seeing: a good person that meets misfortune.
The fact that he seems to not be capable to use his own damn brain?

So he is a good guy with bad luck who is not capable to use his brain which is the reason that makes him suffer. Cool...
Old 2014-08-23, 22:16   Link #231
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
It's not odd, blame Inaho for not clarifying why he asked and giving him that sort of answer that confirmed his fears.
No actually Inaho was pretty straight forward. Slaine just demands to be taken to the princess without clarifying who he is. Slaine avoids the question Inaho answered truthfully.

You can't spin it that it is Inaho's fault when it is Slaine acting irrationally and trying to shoot him.

Quote:
Hand to hand self-defense isn't the same as power up war weapons against her people.
The guy has an idealized view of the princess. He can't wrap his head her using violence.

Quote:
He thinks things fairly well. The only reason the war didn't stop in episode 5 is because of Cruhteo spilling things to Saazbaum who manipulates everyone. But he also has normal emotional reactions. I don't think anything wrong with them.
No sazzbaum is just that smarter than slaine. remember he beat him to the punch with the Emperor. Slaine can't handle guys who are smarter than him.

Quote:
His actions in episode 6 speak against that.
He escaped not defended himself.

Quote:
Brave, a zealot, and can be an idiot at the worst times.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:21   Link #232
Thess

Quote:
The fact that he seems to not be capable to use his own damn brain?

So he is a good guy with bad luck who is not capable to use his brain which is the reason that makes him suffer. Cool...
He certainly is. As he outsmarted and fooled Cruhteo several times.

Why are you so frustrated?

Old 2014-08-23, 22:27   Link #233
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No actually Inaho was pretty straight forward. Slaine just demands to be taken to the princess without clarifying who he is. Slaine avoids the question Inaho answered truthfully.
It's the opposite. Inaho demanded. Slaine asked, even using "please." The difference is pretty obvious in Japanese.

Quote:
The guy has an idealized view of the princess. He can't wrap his head her using violence.
He knows the princess, knows her dreams and goals, and he has no reason to think she has decided to fight. But this doesn't mean he wouldn't accept her new path if they had the chance to talk about it. That's just a baseless assumption from your part.

Quote:
No sazzbaum is just that smarter than slaine. remember he beat him to the punch with the Emperor. Slaine can't handle guys who are smarter than him.
That's right, he's not that smart. So what? That doesn't mean he's a bad person. Nor does it mean he has an idealized view on the princess.

Quote:
If he was a zealot, he would have killed those Terrans in episode 2. At that point he still believed she had been killed by Terrans, yet he didn't shoot at them.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:27   Link #234
tsunade666

This episode is dumb. Inaho is dumb. I know he's a logical person but not taking Slaine as a POW and left him behind is dumb. Inaho knows Slaine kenw about the princess being alive. He should have captured him for intel but no. The writer deems Slaine to get more suffering.

That alone would probably enough reason for me to rate this episode as 1 but as the episode go.

The contrast with the princess having fun in being earth and Slaine suffering train. I begin to reconsider. At least gave it a 5 or 6 but the end of the episode when the count tokimine start believing on Slaine and even start his search for the princess just to get killed by smart count and as well as his castle beign assaulted with deaths of his crew. Well I consider giving it higher points.

But still pretty jarring moments are the castle's lack of defense against the unknown aircraft.

and Calm 180 turn of "revenge against martian" just because she's cute. That is just plain stupid. They make him a joke character. I know his being shafted when he didn't pilot last episode but this is just plain sad.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:27   Link #235
Thess

Quote:
Inaho never answered Slaine: "What do you mean?" Inaho never asked to clarify who he is either. You need to actually watch the scene instead of making up what happened in your head.

Inaho was the one who caused this trouble and misunderstanding because he chose to a poor timing for his questions and refused to clarify things to a confused Slaine.

Quote:
You can't spin it that it is Inaho's fault when it is Slaine acting irrationally and trying to shoot him.
No, I spin it as their mutual blame. Nonetheless, Inaho started this.

Quote:
He probably taught her that self-defense move because it's identical to the one he uses.

Quote:
He only beat him there because he got intel from certain now dead count. Without this, he wouldn't have suspected this. He's also smarter than everyone, including Inaho.

Quote:
Brave, loyal, intuitive and a bit too emotional sometimes. Very well rounded.

Don't forget he's the show's most popular character too.

Old 2014-08-23, 22:35   Link #236
kukuru

The next generation of death note.

What is this, the princes... [plot armor stabbed to death!]

While this may fool some younger generation of viewers, it's getting old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This episode is dumb. Inaho is dumb. I know he's a logical person but not taking Slaine as a POW and left him behind is dumb. Inaho knows Slaine kenw about the princess being alive. He should have captured him for intel but no. The writer deems Slaine to get more suffering.

That alone would probably enough reason for me to rate this episode as 1 but as the episode go.

The contrast with the princess having fun in being earth and Slaine suffering train. I begin to reconsider. At least gave it a 5 or 6 but the end of the episode when the count tokimine start believing on Slaine and even start his search for the princess just to get killed by smart count and as well as his castle beign assaulted with deaths of his crew. Well I consider giving it higher points.

But still pretty jarring moments are the castle's lack of defense against the unknown aircraft.

and Calm 180 turn of "revenge against martian" just because she's cute. That is just plain stupid. They make him a joke character. I know his being shafted when he didn't pilot last episode but this is just plain sad.

Nothing is ever logical, or rational or well planned. And despite being a contrived convient drama, it's actually very natural.

You have basically Feudal era "knights" culture with super technology. How they use it is less then sound, how they conduct their honor is less the sound, and pretty much they have glaring holes that is conveniently block by super technology. If another super technology opponent hits it was an obvious result.

You're probably not a historian or even close to looking at history. Real life is full of tons and tons of simple illogical blunders, blunders and more blunders.

The fog of war is only clear in hindsight.

One example is In World War 2, 5 crude single manned boats from Italy followed a coincidental British ship into their harbor, and destroyed the almost completely of the British Royal Navy in a single night.

England was out of the naval battle for the conclusion of the entire war due to this stupidity, yet it was common.

Last edited by kukuru; 2014-08-23 at 22:47.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:43   Link #237
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Inaho wasn't dumb. How is he going to take Slaine prisoner? Swim out there and grab him? He isn't in command of the Terran forces, Captain Magbaredge is. That's on her. And all of the people blaming Inaho for being confrontational towards Slaine: your point? You want Inaho to invite the guy on board the ship when his allegiance was unknown? Slaine was the one who had to show he meant no harm in that situation, regardless how confrontational Inaho was.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:48   Link #238
bigdeath

Poor Slaine, that count was a moron and I'm glad hes dead. Arrogant dumbass. Though I do have to wonder why Slaine is being left alive. Perhaps it is in hopes that he will lead them to the princess? Well, once they know a flying battleship is activated, the location the princess will be pretty obvious.

Inaho is a moron. Slaine should have been brought in for questioning, instead of being shot without warning. Since Inaho has been drafted, can he be courtmarshalled?

Hmm, I wonder what the chance is that this show will receive a second season. Because it feels like the start of a gundam style opera but 12 episodes is way too short.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:50   Link #239
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Poor Slaine, that count was a moron and I'm glad hes dead. Arrogant dumbass. Though I do have to wonder why Slaine is being left alive. Perhaps it is in hopes that he will lead them to the princess? Well, once they know a flying battleship is activated, the location the princess will be pretty obvious.

Inaho is a moron. Slaine should have been brought in for questioning, instead of being shot without warning. Since Inaho has been drafted, can he be courtmarshalled?

Hmm, I wonder what the chance is that this show will receive a second season. Because it feels like the start of a gundam style opera but 12 epsiodes is way too short.
Uh, Slaine shot first? At that point it was self-defense. Besides, Inaho did not kill him. If the Terrans wanted to arrest him they could have. They chose not to.
Old 2014-08-23, 22:52   Link #240
garbage

Quote:
snip

Don't forget he's the show's most popular character too.
yes this one i get very much, from all the posts here and in previous episodes. it seems in this and a lot of other forums popularity counts very much in judging whether ones actions where correct or not.

I gather there wouldn't be this much arguments if it was not Slaine but some other unpopular character piloting that carrier then.

IMO they both failed a bit resulting in that misunderstanding. Which is very understandable being they are HS age kids with no prior war/conflict negotiation experience* and a spur of the moment. (I dare anyone here to declare they could have done better at that age with that situation) Still Slaine has a bigger burden in the fact that he is in an untenable situation, has no plans whatsoever (thereby just endangering the princess further), and trained his weapon and shot first.

* though rethinking that, they are not normal (real life) HS kids in that Inaho & co. has Kataphract training, and they are still officially still at war. still the point stands.