AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-06-11, 08:45   Link #261
-Nyu-
Yozora

What is actually interesting, how much copies did they sell of, hmm, Kanon i.e.?
Does anybody know?

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-06-11 at 10:12.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 09:11   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-12, 00:40   Link #263
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Apparently the CD that comes with the animage is a flop. It has one background that is the prelude ad, AIR episode 1 and the same trailer online but the music has vocals included (just the music no characters).

I has hoping for way better

Spoiler:
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 12:28   Link #264
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Then will Kanon Prelude be the best way to see the most stuff prior to release?
Old 2006-06-12, 13:14   Link #265
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
yes i'm guessing so unless there is commercial for the prelude.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 13:58   Link #266
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Yeah, I was hoping for better than we got too, but I don't want them rushing it to get something out of course. Oh well, glad I didn't buy it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Then will Kanon Prelude be the best way to see the most stuff prior to release?
Very likely, yeah. I dunno what happened with Air but I don't think much of that was released before Prelude either, and there's been a commercial for Kanon Prelude already. Nothing we haven't already seen in it though.

For the record, does anyone know what's ON Prelude? I've seen that list they keep putting out, but of course that's in Japanese. CDJapan lists it as containing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJapan
Introductory DVD includes creditless intro and outro videos (three types), staff interview (character designer Kazumi Ikeda), introductory information, and specialy designed six-page winter calendar.
Running Time: 28mins.
While Air was listed as being 40 mins long and containing "textless intro & outro, promo footage of episodes 1 through 3, cast interview, and more. An original 2005 calender included."

Three types of the OP/ED videos? o_O Not that it matters because I'll be buying it anyway, but it'd be nice to know
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 21:37   Link #267
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
does anyone know what's ON Prelude? I've seen that list they keep putting out, but of course that's in Japanese
According to this advertisement,

Kanon Prelude contains the followings:
  • TV Opening and Ending (without credits)
  • Promotion video (probably it will be the trailer again)
  • Staff interview with the character designer
  • Introductory Set (draft sketches for the TV Opening and character designs)
  • 06-07 Winter Calendar

I am tempted to get the calendar. Hopefully, it will contain some new images.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 02:23   Link #268
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, guess gonna order it through Amazon.jp.com
Old 2006-06-13, 04:29   Link #269
LytHka
Banned

I have it preordered on amazon.co.jp for a month or two, as well as many others, so be sure online vendors don't run out of it before you order. I'd order now.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 16:15   Link #270
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, there seem to be some problems with my credit card, strange..
Well, my order is reserved, so there is enough time to solve this problem^^
Edit: LOL!!! He didn't took my credit card because I didn't enter the letters of my name big, oh man -_-
But now it works, hehe, shipping in september when I have birthday *-*

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-06-15 at 05:22.
Old 2006-06-16, 10:23   Link #271
eggplant
Eggplant

The actual jacket of the DVD release for Kanon Prelude has been announced on the official website.

Can't tell much from the small size.

Uguu...as for Kanon, I was suspecting something was going on at this year's Tokyo Anime Fair when Horie Yui and Kouda Mariko bolted out of the dressing room, scurrying to the Kyoto Animation event stage, passing right by me in the instance. Little did I expect a re-make of Kanon, but what welcome news. The same conditions prevail as with AIR, godly artwork and animation combined with HDTV resolutions, which is quite promising. My only reservation is that being 24 episodes, the story doesn't drag on. Maybe I will attend the TBS Anime Festa to catch a glimpse in advance.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 10:32   Link #272
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
The actual jacket of the DVD release for Kanon Prelude has been announced on the official website.

Can't tell much from the small size.
Oo... thanks. Yeah, it's small, but it already looks better than Air Prelude's cover. Misuzu's face looked really odd on it. The background's nice too.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 10:54   Link #273
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Tsk... oh crap... They're gonna go with an Ayu ending again, if I judge by this pic... Oh well... I hope they make it better than the

Spoiler for Ayu's ending:

For me, that ruined the series' ending, after the major buildup in Ayu's arc...
Old 2006-06-16, 12:50   Link #274
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Tsk... oh crap... They're gonna go with an Ayu ending again, if I judge by this pic... Oh well... I hope they make it better than the

Spoiler for Ayu's ending:

For me, that ruined the series' ending, after the major buildup in Ayu's arc...
I'm pretty sure if they tried to change that to something else for Ayu's ending, their heads would soon be on pikes being paraded around Akiba by angry otaku.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 13:55   Link #275
-Nyu-
Yozora

Ahh, don't think so^^ There are enough Otaku who want to see another girl than Ayu, so it's gonna be an Otaku war

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-06-16 at 14:44.
Old 2006-06-16, 14:07   Link #276
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah, the NNN is ready
Old 2006-06-16, 14:48   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please... no... I take comfort in the words of the AS mods that they won't allow these sorts of fanboy wars on new shows.

There is no excuse for not walking into this show knowing what to expect, at least in part. It's a remake, not an alternate telling. For rational, reasoned discussion of the anime to be met with blind, irrational fanboy vitriol (as we saw on a certain other recent show) does a huge disservice to the depth of the characters and to the plot. Everyone has favourite characters, of course, but Kanon is about so much more than "seeing your favourite girl win". Could we please stay focused on rational discussion and criticism, rather than blind defensive plays? That way, I think everyone's opinions will be taken more seriously.

I realize that most of the lurkers I speak to will probably laugh at this and say this is a stupid thing to expect from AnimeSuki Forums of all places... but there you have it, anyway.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:07   Link #278
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Bleh... Spoilsports... Missing half the fun... mumble mumble...

Well, I don't want an Ayu ending if it's the same as the previous. As I've stated, I thought the previous one was pretty weak and too cheesy. And Nayuki got the short end of the deal, she was almost non-existent as a character. And of course, I'll be pretty pissed if they keep it the same way. And I don't think that's blind defensive play. Ayu was getting on my nerves from the beginning, but after her arc, I really liked her, and then they had to ruin the ending like that...

And well... even Kanon is a harem anime Everyone wants their favorite girl to win The stories may be better than most of its kind, but it's still harem, and fangroups are bound to form, whether they are explicit or implicit The mods can stop things such as trolling, flaming, campaigning (damn, campaigning is fun, too ) but not group formation ( "no stating that you belong to a group, no recruiting people in a group") . Or are they going to start adding rules like "no anime character flaming" . Until such a rule exists, while I don't say it without good reason, I can say "X character sucks" . You can't possibly expect those sort of rules to be created and people to abide by them.

And yes, I know what to expect but I know they can do things better. It's 26 episodes after all and it's a different studio, and the game itself features multiple paths, so why not?
Old 2006-06-16, 15:12   Link #279
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu-
Ahh, don't think so^^ There are enough Otaku who want to see another girl than Ayu, so it's gonna be an Otaku war
Read my post carefully. I said that if they changed around Ayu's ending, there will be lots of angry otaku. I did not say changing it from Ayu's ending to another girl's ending. What *would* be interesting is to have the series "reset" after each girl's ending. XD; Makes for a more interesting canon. ;o
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:30   Link #280
-Nyu-
Yozora

Ahh... shipai shipai^^
Well, that happens when I read a post after 3 hours training, xD

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen