Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 19:58   Link #861
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Fortress:

Now how will he able use the beam saber while those long guns barrel attached to the arms?
A more appropriate question is, how will an enemy get close enough to force the Gundam AGE-3 to switch to beam sabers? Given that massive wave of energy seen in the preview...
Old 2012-05-07, 20:10   Link #862
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Also, I'm personally not of the opinion that the only energy form in question is just electricity. Not really relying on much (and I dont treat it as a fact, just personal speculation/theory) since we have little info on specific ammunition type used, but I always assumed at this point that there was a beam particle of sorts that's already stored in the gun capacitor for the other weapons and that these particles are literally the ammunition for the beam.
There can't be anything else, really. "Photon cannon" implies exactly that: photons, which is light. And light can be generated on site by... exciting electrons into a higher energy state. From there, you just need a basic laser set-up and voila: Rape on command.
Old 2012-05-07, 20:16   Link #863
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
A more appropriate question is, how will an enemy get close enough to force the Gundam AGE-3 to switch to beam sabers? Given that massive wave of energy seen in the preview...
That'll probably end up being a weakness once Kio and Zeheart go at it again in round 2, which spawns the Orbital wear.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 20:25   Link #864
PzIVf3

Quote:
Hmm If the enemy notice the slow performance of turning this will make the Fortress useless.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 21:11   Link #865
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is it me or AGE generation mobile suits seem to never run out of power. Next episode we'll have "photon-spam" Fortress mode.

Can't Flit just shoot a nuke at Vagan forces or their colony and call it a day?

I miss the nuke-powered Gundams in SEED.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 22:08   Link #866
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
There can't be anything else, really. "Photon cannon" implies exactly that: photons, which is light. And light can be generated on site by... exciting electrons into a higher energy state. From there, you just need a basic laser set-up and voila: Rape on command.
But...........but.......lasers are supposed to travel at light speed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is it me or AGE generation mobile suits seem to never run out of power. Next episode we'll have "photon-spam" Fortress mode.

They can run out of propellant, at least the Genoaces can anyways (stated in the novel 2), which limits their operation distance and combat time. The Genoace Assault variant in the novel has reduced propellant than the standard version (but it also has G-Exes level sabers and chest armor upgraded to Gundam-class; basically made to counter Baqtos).

AGE Gundams have not been tested in long term self sustaining missions or environments yet, so its hard to tell if it even has a limit. Since we're usually depicted in situations where we've never seen Genoace run out of juice, we're evne more unlikely to see the AGE's plasma poweprlants run out either. Still not sure whether it runs on limited fuel or not.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:12   Link #867
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
In our universe sure, not in Gundam's. I don't let stuff like that bother me. If I'm too busy on arguing the phsyics in Gundam (which are anally raped), I won't enjoy the show.

I refuse not enjoying the show.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:15   Link #868
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I don't.

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, there are well-known cases where light doesn't travel at [c].
Old 2012-05-07, 22:21   Link #869
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Also with the AGE Gundams, we know that each limb of the mobile suit contains its own power source. So with five power sources on a single mobile suit, I imagine it can manage energy with more efficiency than the average mobile suit, allowing for longer operational time.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:23   Link #870
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Also with the AGE Gundams, we know that each limb of the mobile suit contains its own power source. So with five power sources on a single mobile suit, I imagine it can manage energy with more efficiency than the average mobile suit, allowing for longer operational time.
I wonder if that was passed on to the Adeles and Clanches.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:26   Link #871
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Since they use the same Wear parts, definitely for the Adeles. Clanches? No idea. Do we even know if they can use the Wear System?
Old 2012-05-07, 22:28   Link #872
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Since they use the same Wear parts, definitely for the Adeles. Clanches? No idea. Do we even know if they can use the Wear System?
From what I've seen of the Clanches Custom, and given what it was based off of (*cough*Double Bullet*cough*Hax*cough*) it doesn't need a wear system.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:29   Link #873
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, that's what I figured. That doesn't necessarily mean its limbs aren't using the same power source set-up of the Gundams, though.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:30   Link #874
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
But...........but.......lasers are supposed to travel at light speed.......
I don't think we'll be able to get an answer until we manage to get a look at the AGE-3 booklet (which will probably make the name as inappropriate, since I don't think they will seriously admit that it actually is a real Photon canon) ... and even then, I'm not really counting on anything substantial being given. Technological details aren't AGE's strong point, and it's just best to think that they are naming stuff because it sounds cool as opposed to being scientifically reasonable.

I mean, we might as well talk about how every time Asem fired a beam with the AGE-1 it should've hit the walls of the colony or other details like that.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:35   Link #875
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:

Here the Gundam are like in the original series...don't worry for energy, we have enough and like was answer, more like lubricant or ammunition are our limitations, and that is enough for the battles.

I've been asking for Nukes since the past generation, but what looks either in the A.C(Advance Century) either the nukes ran out the last war(the one 100 years ago) or were locked in the asteroid with the super tech of that war, or they doesn't have the range to reach mars and the federation wants to avoid collateral damage.

Yes, CE have potential with blood because they were not timid with nukes(unlike the weak excuse in 00), but that is in the past, those nuclear suit were nice, even if their outer-shell not so much
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 23:00   Link #876
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I don't.

If it makes you feel any better, there are well-known cases where light doesn't travel at [c].
You mean Memento Mori?

Quote:
One of the reasons cited for the use of independent limb powerplants was transportation and maintenance issues, so it might be important.

More importantly, we know the Adeles are at least as strong as AG 114 AGE-1, so I would reckon it to be a carbon copy of the AGE-1 (just with the more efficient DODS Rifle model) of that time at least. I'm pretty sure those independent power units contribute to performance somehow, likely even to the Clanches even if they dont have the Wear System.

We'll know by the HG release for sure, but I have a feeling that they will simply so Bandai can market the versatility of the Double Bullet Wear parts and how they can also be used on the Clanches. I'm pretty sure that was the main reason why they were there for the Adeles anyways, as well as why they're colors aren't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
In our universe sure, not in Gundam's. I don't let stuff like that bother me. If I'm too busy on arguing the phsyics in Gundam (which are anally raped), I won't enjoy the show.

I refuse not enjoying the show.
Its sad because it can simply avoided by not calling something photons or lasers in the first place. Although its not really that hard to create a rationalized workaround. I already did for 00's laser weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Here the Gundam are like in the original series...don't worry for energy, we have enough and like was answer, more like lubricant or ammunition are our limitations, and that is enough for the battles.

I've been asking for Nukes since the past generation, but what looks either in the A.C(Advance Century) either the nukes ran out the last war(the one 100 years ago) or were locked in the asteroid with the super tech of that war, or they doesn't have the range to reach mars and the federation wants to avoid collateral damage.

Yes, CE have potential with blood because they were not timid with nukes(unlike the weak excuse in 00), but that is in the past, those nuclear suit were nice, even if their outer-shell not so much
Well in 00, nukes were gone because Celestial Being wanted it so (they were also playing on public sentiment because there was a terrible nuclear accident in the Middle East that costs a lot of lives) and was an important part in the starting narrative. Nuclear fission fuel being limited in the world probably doesn't help either, if you can store all of them in one small facility in the desert that really says a lot about how much is left.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-05-07 at 23:11.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 23:05   Link #877
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
easy

3 x speed + x-rounda powa

fast melee suits usually counter bulky heavy artillery types.

This got me thinking why would the AGE system pump out the Fortress when so far the most dangerous enemy the AGE-3 has fought has been Zeheart? If Normal AGE-3 was already kinda sucky against the Giraga (it was running circles around it), Fortress would be even worse.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:07   Link #878
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, Zeheart's likely the only one who'd have no trouble dealing with the Gundam AGE-3 Fortress. That said, he's likely not going to appear next episode. And it's just as likely Kio can hit the Ghirarga anyway--he did pretty well with the Blustia Cannon, didn't he?
Old 2012-05-07, 23:15   Link #879
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
easy

3 x speed + x-rounda powa

fast melee suits usually counter bulky heavy artillery types.

This got me thinking why would the AGE system pump out the Fortress when so far the most dangerous enemy the AGE-3 has fought has been Zeheart? If Normal AGE-3 was already kinda sucky against the Giraga (it was running circles around it), Fortress would be even worse.
Probably because Fortress was designed to counter the territorial problems the AGE-3 will encounter in the next episode rather than say, the Ghirarga.

Kinda like Titus I guess, it was designed to counter the Baqtos as well as to minimize damage in urban areas, yet that's totally useless againts the Zedas which was countered by the Spallow instead. Orbital might be a better match though its hard to tell whether its specifically made to counter Ghirarga.

Unlike the Double Bullet which was more of a general purpose upgrade, the AGE-3 Wears look more liek specialized sets again. Better but still specialized.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:26   Link #880
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't think we'll be able to get an answer until we manage to get a look at the AGE-3 booklet (which will probably make the name as inappropriate, since I don't think they will seriously admit that it actually is a real Photon canon) ... and even then, I'm not really counting on anything substantial being given. Technological details aren't AGE's strong point, and it's just best to think that they are naming stuff because it sounds cool as opposed to being scientifically reasonable.

I mean, we might as well talk about how every time Asem fired a beam with the AGE-1 it should've hit the walls of the colony or other details like that.
Exactly. Without the booklet or diagrams, the attachment could be power by anything even compact fusion modules in this generation. The halfway charging scene could simply mean that they're compensating the pace on the lost time due to Natora's introduction.

I believe the Fortress was an Age System design against the desert Phantom 3s, based on the summaries and the preview.