AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 17:27   Link #61
Star_Princess
magical girl ashley

Send a message via MSN to Star_Princess
i guess it depends on how i feel like. a lil while ago i felt like wishing i was living in the world of Asatte no Houkou cuz it's so calm and peaceful
Star_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 19:09   Link #62
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I wouldn't mind living in the geographical locations depicted in anime like Asatte no Houkou, but I think I could get the same effect by just keeping a pet Cicada in a mini-garden/terrarium.

Neo Venezia is another calm, peaceful place. Watching Aria the Animation is like watching a lava-lamp; it de-stresses one's mind.

Just PU-LEEEEEEZE don't put me in a world like Pumpkin Scissors, or Ghost Hunt! EYAAAAAAGH!!!

EDIT! How could I have forgotten the world of the Kokoro Library!?!? I practically LIVED in a Library after High School in real life, so it's not much of a stretch to live in one in a virtual life, is it?

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-03-01 at 17:48.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 05:15   Link #63
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Lol, "Reallity suks"

Quote someone in this thread. And totally agree with that, but since that's how it works that we ... errr ... forgot what I was going to say

Well, there were a lot of anime worlds I wanted to be in. For example, Full Metal Panic!? Fumoffu ... You blow things up and you never die
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 06:58   Link #64
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

I'm with the people who said Neo Venezia!

If I was a regular individual, I also wouldn't mind living in the Abh Empire, somewhere well away from the front lines. Even if I wasn't an Abh, I think it would be fine, as long as the liege lord wasn't some nut job.

Stellvia's setting would be a nice place, as long as I lived there after the events of Stellvia. I imagine it would be like the Nadesico setting minus the war and chaos.

If I did have special powers, then I think a G-class ES member in the Kiddy Grade setting would be just the ticket.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aaeru; 2007-02-25 at 07:01. Reason: adding spoiler tag
Aaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 20:07   Link #65
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
Dragonball Z -(as a Saiyan)

'nuff said
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 20:38   Link #66
Joojoobees

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
I'd love to live in the world of Yokohama Kaidashii Kikou. You'd have to work hard to survive and make a living, but there's always that wonderful coffee shop way out in the country...
It doesn't seem that hard to me. It looks like most people spend their days sitting around watching the grass grow.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:19   Link #67
Umaibo

No. I cannot say I do.

Last edited by Umaibo; 2007-02-26 at 04:36.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:24   Link #68
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I wish I was in Full Metal Panic! I want to pilot an AS.

Plus I'd have Tessa as my Captain.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 16:51   Link #69
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Yes, I want to live in an anime but only if it is a harem anime filled with cute girls. I wouldn't ask for more.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:10   Link #70
spiritgun
Otaku Taicho

First off, the music video was beautiful.

second... I think about this question long and very elaborately, it's a common question because many of us are escapists if you don't mind me saying so. In my opinion, this world is pretty boring, everyone seems to do the same thing... Get a job, get married, have kids, and die. Why do people go through the trouble? Why not just skip to the last part? For me, it's because Naruto isn't finished yet... Haha jk. I know this sounds pessimistic, but I think it's pretty realistic.

So with this kind of thought process in mind, ofcourse I would want to escape into an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcwave View Post
Dragonball Z -(as a Saiyan)

'nuff said
Did you think about what you said here? In the world of Dragonball Z, anyone who can use the power of ki can destroy Earth with a touch of a finger. Remember before Vegeta first arrived on Earth, he destroyed a planet without breaking a sweat? He wasn't even that~ strong back then... So just think, your planet can die ANY second without any effort. Again, sorry for the pessimism haha.

Mech animes are definitely bad to live in, they always fight in the middle of city streets where there can be so much casualties. You or a loved one can be one of them!

Pokemon is a good choice, theres no such thing as "dying" in pokemon, you always feint and end up in a hospital. Playing with cute pets seem fun, riding on top of pokemon, using them as transportation seem even more fun.

My choice is Naruto I think. I'd love to be a sharingan user, if I could bring that into the modern world, just imagine... Learning everything a human can possibly learn, just by looking. Sure it's dangerous in the Naruto world, but would you guys rather cross kunais and ninjitsus with one another, or point missiles and guns? I'll go with ninjitsu any day!
spiritgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 01:52   Link #71
shiro83

I guess it is good once in a while to daydream living in an anime world.
Having some super powers doesn't sound bad.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 02:48   Link #72
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
It doesn't seem that hard to me. It looks like most people spend their days sitting around watching the grass grow.
Hee hee... I guess I just can't bring myself to believe that most people in that world live the way Ojisan does. With the breakdown of the old infrastructure, it seems like people would have to work hard to get along. But yeah, there is something nice about the pace of that world, isn't there? Despite the hint of Nai's impending breakdown, I wouldn't mind being him, really.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 11:43   Link #73
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hmm i so agree with this though i have different thoughts about it

one wuld either be in the world of Mai Otome and hea off to that school myself to become one

either that or something mecha
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 04:55   Link #74
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Sometimes I wan't it to be reality, when my problems are heavy I wan't to go in some anime world so that I do not worry about them...

But oh well must accept the fact...since anime world is only fantasy....must strive harder to solve them all
Old 2007-08-24, 05:12   Link #75
Valashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
DAMN!!I wast just about to make a thread exactly like this but entitled it "Have you ever wished you lived in the anime world and just escape reality?"...meh..Still think yours is better!

Anyway,no you're not a freak....I've been thinking about this also like after watching so many romance(eechi )/drama animes...I just wish i could live in the anime world and marry the girl i want to like if i got to stay in the Suzuka(manga) world, i would really like to date with Yui or Honoka and let us have a good time or i were to live in FMP's world, i would seriously go out and be nice to Chidori. or being that guy in the Ichigo 100% like what Kaasman said.Bottom line is, i only want to go in the anime world because of the girls(i.e boy meets a ton of hot girls in his dorm who likes him)....I'm sure you other boys had fantasies like these too am i right??

Anyways, yeah, reality can sometimes SUCK....i just wish that there was way that i could live in the anime world...*thinks of all the preety girls in anime*...*drools*
Same to me, altho i had fantasies about being an ninja in the naruto series, what I really wish for is to be an part in the well known drama/ecchi/romance series, not only that, anime is designed for making the world we live in looks like shit, compared to the the relationships/ love stories and drama displayed in the anime series it really makes you want to be an part of that world. So no youre definitly not a freak in fact this is a reason for me to watch anime.
So anime is in fact kind of dangerous if you have a real unstable life
Valashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 05:27   Link #76
Valashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr JeburtO View Post
i wish i live in every anime i watch . BUT that just helps me to get involved more in the story, and relate to the characters in a more substancial way.

the best stories are always the ones in which you can become emotionally involved and draw comparrisons between that world and your own. Or it is in my opinion anyway .

Indeed nicely said, all we can do in our current states is to watch trough an window being jalous and irritated, but remember is it Real life who came up with all anime, anime was born from real life. thats got to mean something.
Like most games in the past i watch anime to escape real life, but it is real life wich gives u the option to do so. or doesnt this make any sense?

If an massive earthquake hits Japan its over for the anime, and what then? Real life is all around is wether we like it or not.
Valashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 09:03   Link #77
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
I think that its perfectly natural to want to live in an anime. Most people dream of escaping their own reality, and find outlets to temporarily "live" in another world, like reading books or watching movies, which would be considered more "normal" approaches to escaping reality. But were all anime fans, and we love anime, dammit, so wanting to live in an anime is a perfectly normal human desire.

Though the life expectancy wouldn't be long, I'd love to live in the Gundam Seed universe. My dream in real life is to be a fighter pilot, so being a mobile suit pilot would be 10x better. I'd also consider living in the Full Metal Panic universe. I don't know if I'd be able to juggle all the things Sousuke does, but I think piloting an AS and being Kaname's bodyguard would be worth it.

However, the anime I really would love to live in would have to be Love Hina. Since I'm not a klutz like Keitaro, I wouldn't get beat up nearly as much as him, and I could have Naru all to myself mwuhahaha.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 16:54   Link #78
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
I wish I could live in the Sakura Wars universe so I can flirt with cute girls and date them, especially Iris.

And there are two more anime series any of which I've always wanted to live in. It's called Love Love? and Gunslinger Girl.

In the Love Love? anime series I've really wanted to replace that dense, indecisive jerk as the scriptwriter of the five aspiring cute actresses' new sentai show so I would love to build a bolder, more daring relationship with each of the five girls.

In the Gunslinger Girl universe, I'd want to become a handler and to know what its like to train and teach a cute innocuous cyborg loli girl, how to be a good soldier.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 20:36   Link #79
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I would not mind being in the universe of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Being in the SOS Brigade sounds fun. Hell, I'm pretty much like Kyon. Anyways, all the stuff that happens in Japanese high school animes looks awesome. I wouldn't mind at all being a harem anime either.
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 00:07   Link #80
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I wish I were Taro Hanaukyo, with hundreds of cute maids at my very beck and call, with "personal assistants", hehehe....