AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 14:07   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Guess it's about time we had a thread for this.

I'll admit, i wasn't going to buy the game on release day. I never liked OOT as much as most people, though i did enjoy it back in 1999. Played about half an hour, and i'm totally blown away. I actually can't believe how good it looks. Sure it looks impressive when you see gameplay footage, though it has nothing on actually seeing the game infront of your eyes.

I'm going to have fun replaying this gem of a game.

Also the second case and poster were a nice addition to the release. Worth it for £35.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:25   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'm super excited; it comes out on the 19th over here. It's been seasons since I played Ocarina of Time, and it's been ages since I played the Master Quest. I'm all excited to replay both of these games.

Now if they make a 3D Majora's Mask, I could die happy. Of course, with all the games now lined up, I'm still going to be insanely happy.

Finally, I'm not sure how it works over in the UK, but over here, they're offering a free soundtrack CD if you register the code that comes with your game. If it's unavailable around there, I'll try to rip the files, compile and share.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:34   Link #3
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Finally, I'm not sure how it works over in the UK, but over here, they're offering a free soundtrack CD if you register the code that comes with your game. If it's unavailable around there, I'll try to rip the files, compile and share.
I've heard only the first 50,000 to register their codes get the CD. At least as far as American codes go.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 14:58   Link #4
Sides

Same here, after a week outage of Club Nintendo, due to hack, it was back online this morning.
I think some people had problems to enter their details, due to the address recognition checking thingy, bear in mind Nintendo Europe is in Germany and every European country has a different postcode system and way to write their address. But yes we did get the limited CD lottery.
The game itself is actually better to play than the N64 and gamecube, which ran on an emulator, due to silky frame-rate. Worth the £29.99? Hell yeah!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 15:04   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm one of the people that had problems with the address details.

Gotta agree with Sides. At the moment this version is handling much better then the previous releases.
Old 2011-06-17, 17:36   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I dunno if this is really worth getting. All that's really new is updated visuals, and from what I heard, a boss-rush mode. Nothing outstandingly different.

I already have OoT on Virtual Console so I don't have a "OMG gotta buy!" reaction to this game, but I will admit it's the first 3DS game since the handheld's release that I've even considered buying in the first place.
Old 2011-06-17, 17:39   Link #7
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm one of the people that had problems with the address details.

Gotta agree with Sides. At the moment this version is handling much better then the previous releases.
I've actually got an account with Club Nintendo, so it'll be: login, enter product code, accept soundtrack offer, then click my shipping address, which is already entered.
Old 2011-06-17, 17:49   Link #8
drsypher

As I said in the other thread, I've never played OoT before, so I really can't wait to finally play this game for the first time on Sunday! I didn't pre-order the game so I hope it'll be there when I go.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 18:00   Link #9
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
As I said in the other thread, I've never played OoT before, so I really can't wait to finally play this game for the first time on Sunday! I didn't pre-order the game so I hope it'll be there when I go.
From what I've heard, this game is preordered by a TON of people. They will receive a lot of extra copies, so I'd try and get to your store as early as possible.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:11   Link #10
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
They will receive a lot of extra copies
This. Unless you only have one store that sells 3DS games in your area, you'll be fine. If store of choice doesn't have it, head on over to any other random store and they'll likely have it. This is the 3DS game, so you can bet Walmart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, and probably even Sears ordered a ton.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:04   Link #11
Asrialys

Ugh, so much positivity everywhere. I want to get this on release, but I'm trying to save as much as I can for Anime Expo in a couple weeks. Gonna be tough and sad holding back...
Old 2011-06-17, 22:55   Link #12
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
This game is preordered, but will probably wait for Monday. Regardless, I can't wait to body Master Quest. Double damage? Mirrored? pfft
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 02:21   Link #13
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Keen on this, might actually get a DS for it. Loved OoT back in the day.
Old 2011-06-18, 02:58   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I dunno if this is really worth getting. All that's really new is updated visuals, and from what I heard, a boss-rush mode. Nothing outstandingly different.

I already have OoT on Virtual Console so I don't have a "OMG gotta buy!" reaction to this game, but I will admit it's the first 3DS game since the handheld's release that I've even considered buying in the first place.
It all depends on if you're in the mood to reply the game. It's totally worth it for the visuals, plus it can't help to finally own a 3DS game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Keen on this, might actually get a DS for it.
You mean 3DS.
Old 2011-06-18, 04:08   Link #15
Mr Hat and Clogs

Same difference :P
Old 2011-06-18, 04:19   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It all depends on if you're in the mood to reply the game. It's totally worth it for the visuals, plus it can't help to finally own a 3DS game.

You mean 3DS.
It would have been priceless if he bought the normal DS .. wait it wouldnt be priceless.. it would be a waste of 100 bucks.
Old 2011-06-18, 04:41   Link #17
Mr Hat and Clogs

I just forgot the 3.

I already have a normal DS... somewhere.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:07   Link #18
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Look what you've done to me, Ocarina of Time 3D. I thought it was Saturday, then looked at the clock that had passed midnight. I THOUGHT YOU'D BE MINE TODAY. FOR YOU I TRAVELED ACROSS THE FAR CORNERS OF THE EARTH; I SAVED YOUR KINGDOM.

*sobs*
Old 2011-06-18, 05:12   Link #19
Kyuu
=^^=

3D?

You mean. This game wasn't 3D before?!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 07:31   Link #20
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
The game itself is actually better to play than the N64 and gamecube, which ran on an emulator, due to silky frame-rate.
What? There was nothing wrong with the frame rate of the GameCube port of Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask, on the other hand...