AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 23:59   Link #61
Dr. Casey

Kinda. An online friend of mine told me he read that Season 3 starts Fall 2014.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:06   Link #62
NewBehta
Dave!Yognau(gh)t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Kinda. An online friend of mine told me he read that Season 3 starts Fall 2014.
That seems a LITTLE over-exagerated... around 3 YEARS for the first episode to be released seems... a little unreal... I'm guiessing like mid 2012 or early 2013... ... And on an un-related note, the movie was just released today! Hope it does well!
NewBehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:09   Link #63
HasuMasu
*Artist

Holy crap, and I thought it would be later this year, oh well.
Old 2011-08-28, 00:51   Link #64
Laughing Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBehta View Post
Does no-one love Nagi? She's adorable!!!
Hi, all! Newbie here!

I adore Nagi. Despite her being a rather typical bratty anime girl, she's got some valid reasons for acting the way she does, and I love her straightforwardness and honesty. I like her much better than Hina, who's just a little too perfect for my taste, and Athena? Old news. Plus she's practically a Nagi clone. I prefer the original.

And I love the emotional moments between Nagi and Hayate. They make this series. Without them, I'd have tuned out a long time ago. Because of them I can't help hoping that the "butler-in-debt" and "the poor little rich girl" wind up with each other (when Nagi's older, of course). Perhaps Hayate could take Wataru's place as Nagi's betrothed? That would be a great ending to this series IMO.

Speaking of the series, I much prefer season one to season 2. Season 2 had too much harem junk. The only good episode as far as I'm concerned was "Under the Cherry Tree". Hopefully season 3 (if there is one) will get back to focusing on Nagi and Hayate. They're the glue.
Laughing Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 22:16   Link #65
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Dragon View Post
Speaking of the series, I much prefer season one to season 2. Season 2 had too much harem junk. The only good episode as far as I'm concerned was "Under the Cherry Tree". Hopefully season 3 (if there is one) will get back to focusing on Nagi and Hayate. They're the glue.
I respect your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Season 1 was a convoluted mess consisting of a hodgepodge of unconnected clowny comedy chapters. No storyline, almost completely random stuff. Season 2 at least had a proper storyline, with character development which was sorely lacking in Season 1.

Nagi has her cute moments, but she is _completely_ unsuited for any kind of romantic development towards Hayate. For that, she is simply too childish, and Hayate too dense. Which is why the "Hayate and Nagi flirting" stuff I've read about the movie is rather making me shake my head. It CANNOT work in a romantic context, rather in a "Butler protecting his ojousama" one. And that one is going to be yawn-inducing, I'm afraid.

Sorry, Hata. You can be as stubborn as you want, but you're sailing a sunk ship here...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 23:54   Link #66
Laughing Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I respect your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Season 1 was a convoluted mess consisting of a hodgepodge of unconnected clowny comedy chapters. No storyline, almost completely random stuff. Season 2 at least had a proper storyline, with character development which was sorely lacking in Season 1.

Nagi has her cute moments, but she is _completely_ unsuited for any kind of romantic development towards Hayate. For that, she is simply too childish, and Hayate too dense. Which is why the "Hayate and Nagi flirting" stuff I've read about the movie is rather making me shake my head. It CANNOT work in a romantic context, rather in a "Butler protecting his ojousama" one. And that one is going to be yawn-inducing, I'm afraid.

Sorry, Hata. You can be as stubborn as you want, but you're sailing a sunk ship here...
I respect your opinion as well. But I, for one, won't be yawning, FWIW. I think Nagi's childishness is part of her charm, and Hayate's devotion to her is endearing. And I see chemistry between them, limited only by Nagi's age. I don't see any chemistry between Hina and Hayate, or any other female in the series for that matter. The harem stuff all seems pretty forced IMO. Hayate's always been described as shabby and not terribly impressive, yet all these girls fall for him. It all seems as phony as a 3 dollar bill. The only relationship that seems to ring true is Nagi and Hayate's, because they need each other.

I will admit that some eps in the first season are horrendous, particularly that one with the Afro guy. :P But there were a lot of good ones too, and most of those were less concerned with fanservice, which I don't much care for.

Anyway, I hope Crunchyroll will stream the movie eventually on Netflix (that's where I watch Hayate and other anime). That'd be sweet!

Last edited by Laughing Dragon; 2011-08-29 at 00:04.
Old 2011-08-29, 01:13   Link #67
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i noticed that most people that thought S1 > S2 are those that have never read the Hayate manga. Because im pretty sure everyone that has read it would agree that S2 was a much MUCH better adaptation than S1 could hope to be (not to say that S1 didnt have good filler episodes...in fact the butler tournament was prob my fav part S1).
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 02:33   Link #68
NewBehta
Dave!Yognau(gh)t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Dragon View Post
I like her much better than Hina, who's just a little too perfect for my taste, and Athena? Old news. Plus she's practically a Nagi clone. I prefer the original.
I agree, everyone just LOVES Hina and Athena. Not to hurt anyone's opinion, but I just feel not every character is getting enough love when people go "OMG HINA <33", or "ATHENA IS HAWT <3" all the time. I don't know why, but Nagi has some kind of charm, and has also kept me interested in the story. I wasn't able to finish the second season because I felt it was a little too boring (and school x3). Hina WAS more of a main character, and had much more screen time than the first season. I felt she had a little too much screen time (But I did love episode 22 with the alien and Nagi x3). Besides, for anyone wondering, Hayate said he would rather protect Nagi than Athena (to be honest, I am a big Hayate x Nagi fan >.<). This is ALL MY opinion, so please don't go flaming, everyone has the right to speak up.

And I am VERY excited about the movie, but unfortunately, if you want GOOD quality and not camrip, you're going to have to wait another 4-6 months untill BD/DVD release. Sucks, doesn't it?

Last edited by NewBehta; 2011-08-29 at 03:16.
NewBehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 03:31   Link #69
HasuMasu
*Artist

You know, the biggest factor that contributed to me liking S2 better was the way they were drawn.

Hina being too perfect was obviously done on purpose, she's a parody-sue after all.

Nothing against Nagi, I'm just a bit neutral when it comes to her.
Old 2011-08-29, 18:14   Link #70
Laughing Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBehta View Post
I agree, everyone just LOVES Hina and Athena. Not to hurt anyone's opinion, but I just feel not every character is getting enough love when people go "OMG HINA <33", or "ATHENA IS HAWT <3" all the time. I don't know why, but Nagi has some kind of charm, and has also kept me interested in the story. I wasn't able to finish the second season because I felt it was a little too boring (and school x3). Hina WAS more of a main character, and had much more screen time than the first season. I felt she had a little too much screen time (But I did love episode 22 with the alien and Nagi x3). Besides, for anyone wondering, Hayate said he would rather protect Nagi than Athena (to be honest, I am a big Hayate x Nagi fan >.<). This is ALL MY opinion, so please don't go flaming, everyone has the right to speak up.

And I am VERY excited about the movie, but unfortunately, if you want GOOD quality and not camrip, you're going to have to wait another 4-6 months untill BD/DVD release. Sucks, doesn't it?
GAHHH! Does it ever. But I DO have Netflix streaming, so maybe it'll show up there...?
Old 2011-08-29, 18:32   Link #71
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
i noticed that most people that thought S1 > S2 are those that have never read the Hayate manga. Because im pretty sure everyone that has read it would agree that S2 was a much MUCH better adaptation than S1 could hope to be (not to say that S1 didnt have good filler episodes...in fact the butler tournament was prob my fav part S1).
Hey, I read the manga first and I liked season one better than two. S2 had nothing the manga didn't; S1 at least had some original episodes, which I found a lot more interesting.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 18:44   Link #72
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Well that is way too short, oh well, season 3's around the corner right?
Season 1: 52 eps. Season 2: 26 eps. Followinbg the logic, Season 3 is 13 eps then? lol.
Old 2011-08-29, 20:57   Link #73
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Season 1: 52 eps. Season 2: 26 eps. Followinbg the logic, Season 3 is 13 eps then? lol.
OR Season 3 is 52 episodes also. :3

yeah right
Old 2011-09-01, 04:18   Link #74
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

My thing was, I watched the anime first, partway through the first season I stopped liking it. Then it got good again. After reading the manga at a later date, i realized it was the anime original material arc exclusively that I really disliked.After that...I just prefer sticking to the source in this case.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:11   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Sort of bringing the thread back on topic, an English review of the movie had been available for sometime now.

Here

Reading it, I think that I can rest assured that I will like the movie (even though it isn't wise to make any judgment until I see it for myself). It seems like they knew exactly what they could do with this film, what their limitations were and what the fans were expecting, all the while try and not going overboard with it (e.g. see every other Shonen Jump movie, with the exception of a few). I'm glad to hear that it also seemed to not fall into the same pitfall as the Negima film (which is to be expected, since this movie had actual stuck to schedule so they didn't change the agreed storyline into a hacked version ^^; ) which was to fabricate a ludicrous premise, and place the cast in a situation that wouldn't have happened in the manga logically, all for the sake of fanservice that didn't really appeal to the fans at all.

I look forward to it, in any case. It seems like a fun film that show cases the positives of the series, with each member of the cast given a chance at the spot light.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:04   Link #76
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i guess I can rest easy knowing manglobe delivered then. All that new experience with TWGOK is paying off huh?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 21:19   Link #77
Used Can

Holy shit... Luca looks hot as fuck in those CD covers.
Old 2011-09-08, 05:06   Link #78
HasuMasu
*Artist

Agreed, and so does Hayate.

Oh wait, did I say that? I SWEAR I'M STRAIGHT!!
Old 2011-09-09, 23:28   Link #79
justsomeguy

Looking at the movie's homepage, they're selling a bunch of merchandise, like posters, towels, straps, etc. Unfortunately, they don't take international orders.
Anybody happen to know an alternative seller, or a trustworthy proxy for this stuff?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 14:06   Link #80
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Aside from ebay, the two places I usually do my shopping for anime related merchandise are PlayAsia (mainly for OST's tho) and Hobby Link Japan (Where I suspect you'll find more stuff for the movie).

I've used PlayAsia much longer, but I consider them both pretty trustworthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Holy shit... Luca looks hot as fuck in those CD covers.
ikr? How hawt is A-tan going to be ...