Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-15, 05:32   Link #121
David Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
So the fact that Watanagashi used to be human sacrifice is common knowledge among the villagers, including someone like Rena who just moved back and doesn't really remember her childhood there?

I understood that part. I'm wondering how Japanese culture/religion was different before the concept of non-living misogi came about.
Well Rena's crazy of course at that moment, and she comes from a fictional village who practised human sacrifice in a way that never really happened in Japan. It's based in nothing but "what would be most horrifying to someone raised in Shinto". The actual folktales suggest there was a period when human sacrifice by means of drowning or being used as building foundation was sometimes engaged in but before that, nothing at all because the Japanese didn't have writing that far back. Archaeology has never discovered any evidence of major human sacrifice as has been discovered in China.

However, as far as Rena goes, it is indeed common knowledge that Oyashiro-sama "claims sacrifices" when offended. Everyone seems to know it, young children included. Almost nobody local is surprised to learn that people are disappearing during Watanagashi. They just hope that Oyashiro-sama or his irritable followers will calm down.
Old 2006-11-20, 14:33   Link #122
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i will precede KJ for the new piece announcement ^^

one thing to say : the tsundere revelation about oryou is simply huge... rather hard to prevent myself from some smiling while reading this (dear sushi-y and KJ... you win a cookie with your half joke comment about her a while back )

anyway, i guess this piece is really important, proving that the Rule Z is NOT almighty, and with some patience, can be broken (keiichi, you are too perfect... sheesh ~~)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-20 at 15:52.
Old 2006-11-22, 06:16   Link #123
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Pieces #34, #33 and #36 are up.
Old 2006-11-22, 11:54   Link #124
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

what the heck....

Now Keiichi also sees Hanyuu...

Will it be explained anytime?

Or maybe Hanyuu can show herself to anyone she wants (well, probably not) and just do it with some people she wants to

Another thing:
Quote:
Rika: “Chuckle chuckle. Oh well, I guess that’s why it makes it fun. But still, I would like to see a world where you can smash through that little fate. Will you? Chuckle chuckle chuckle. You’re gonna teach us how to do that, you know? Like the time you did in that one world out of all the hopeless ones.”
I'm assuming that this "world" is Tsumihoroboshi (when Keiichi defeated rule X and saved Rena) or maybe Minagoroshi with something I don't know. It's said that Hanyuu's powers are only able to return 2 weeks from Watanagashi Festival lately.

So, can we assume that Keiichi moves to Hinamizawa just 2 weeks or so before Watanagashi in this world? (Matsuribayashi world)??
Old 2006-11-22, 18:26   Link #125
MarthX

I'm totally confused how other people can see Hanyuu too.
Old 2006-11-22, 23:06   Link #126
David Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
what the heck....

Now Keiichi also sees Hanyuu...

Will it be explained anytime?

Or maybe Hanyuu can show herself to anyone she wants (well, probably not) and just do it with some people she wants to

Another thing:

I'm assuming that this "world" is Tsumihoroboshi (when Keiichi defeated rule X and saved Rena) or maybe Minagoroshi with something I don't know. It's said that Hanyuu's powers are only able to return 2 weeks from Watanagashi Festival lately.

So, can we assume that Keiichi moves to Hinamizawa just 2 weeks or so before Watanagashi in this world? (Matsuribayashi world)??
We don't know how much time he had before starting school there, but it's safe to conclude that large chunks of undocumented time do not pass between when we first see him in the first loop and Watanagashi and he basically just went to school on Monday, then spend Tuesday and Wednesday at the funeral, comes back on Thursday, plays his first game as a member of the club, and gets his first "punishment". That leaves 10 days wiggle room. In the last loop Rena and Hanyuu together warn him about Satoko's barrage of jokes on Monday on the weekend. Now I don't know when Hanyuu arrives as an "exchange student", but it could have happened as early as the previous Monday, still allowing time for Keichi's first week of school followed by Watanagashi on maybe Sunday or Monday.

Of course that isn't a lot of time for Keichi to become BFF's with the girls to the point where he'll hide bodies for them, but Keichi is numbered among the borderline insane of the group. Above anything else he's desperately lonely.

By the way, was the funeral for the girl he shot?
Old 2006-11-23, 12:25   Link #127
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

@David johnston : you still refer some stories/chapters as "loop", could you be a bit less vague please ~~? (source, like wich part of which chapter game etc)
also... funeral? now it makes sense why keiichi had to leave for 2 days at each chapter, but where did you see that?
after all these years, she kept saying it's hopeless etc. it would be possible that she could create a miracle by herself, reset back with a fair amount of time (though it would be like her last shot) and being able to be materialized?

after all, Rika was damn cheered up somehow, so is Hanyuu.
Old 2006-11-24, 03:25   Link #128
David Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
also... funeral? now it makes sense why keiichi had to leave for 2 days at each chapter, but where did you see that?
It's in the first episode of the anime. Mion sees Keiichi and says "How many years has it been?" Keiichi protests it was only two days and tells her he was attending a funeral.

Note: Apparently Keiichi has been there for a month based on the anime voice-over.
Old 2006-11-25, 16:26   Link #129
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Pieces #35 and #16 are up.
Old 2006-11-25, 23:47   Link #130
David Johnston

Ah. Now I see why Satoshi forgave "Mion" for nearly bashing Satoko's head in and even apologised to her.
Also I seem to have missed the piece until now that just said it was a family funeral, so the kid he's shot is OK, apart from the glass eye thing.

Last edited by David Johnston; 2006-11-26 at 04:46.
Old 2006-11-26, 00:34   Link #131
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Piece #21 is up. Takanon~ (´Д⊂)

#41 is also up. It's almost over~
Old 2006-11-26, 19:58   Link #132
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

man this piece is the most cruel of all:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=55

Old 2006-11-26, 20:14   Link #133
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Pieces #43, #44, #45, #46, #47, #49, 50a, 50b, and a little excerpt of Matsuribayashi-hen are up.
Old 2006-11-27, 14:41   Link #134
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Piece #51 is up.
Old 2006-11-27, 15:22   Link #135
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Piece #51 is up.
probably one of the most intense pieces ever, if not, the ONE.

seriously, reading this piece with the original BGMs is horribly catchy (primal_beat_of_horrow is plain stunning with the story prior the big brawl. i was already fan of "assault_operation", now it's simply my bliss )

kudos for ryukishi-sama for the ridiculous demonstration of Akasaka's strength ^^ (explosions as fists impact... LMAO i was really taken off guard and cracked up. now i understand why Akasaka is ridiculously strong with his "book of karate" in Daybreak )

again, thanks for your work, the three of you (meh, we shouldn't forget the missing lostblue XD)
Old 2006-11-27, 17:34   Link #136
David Johnston

So...then. I've been wondering how Akasaka shows up at the end when it isn't plausible that any choice made by any of the children could have caused that. I overlooked the role of divine intervention.
Old 2006-11-28, 15:29   Link #137
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Piece #48 is up.
Old 2006-12-02, 09:22   Link #138
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

wow

just 1 piece to go

:
Old 2006-12-09, 01:13   Link #139
David Johnston

OK, so what I have left that I don't know is:

Where did Satoshi finally go?

Why did the goon squad kill Tomitake? Or should I say, why did they follow Takano's orders to kill a member of their organisation?

What's the vector for the infection? Did Keiichi get it by drinking the water? Is Ooishi free of infection because he only drinks beer? Or is he infected but just not inclined to stress out? Certainly he's spent enough time there that if it was airborn he couldn't have avoided infection. Did Keiichi contract it from physical contact with the girls? Or from the food he ate at the festival?

Does a level 0 infection increase instinctive clannishness? Or is the village just naturally clannish?

Does the Hinamazawa school have a summer break? If so, when would it start?

Was Oishi deliberately setting Keiichi up to be killed because he figured that Keiichi's little juvenile crimespree meant it was OK to sacrifice his life? Or is he just basically stupid and irresponsible?

Last edited by David Johnston; 2006-12-12 at 16:34.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:01   Link #140
Rias

Where did Satoshi finally go?
Spoiler:

Why did the goon squad kill Tomitake? Or should I say, why did they follow Takano's orders to kill a member of their organisation?
Spoiler:

Was Oishi deliberately setting Keiichi up to be killed because he figured that Keiichi's little juvenile crimespree meant it was OK to sacrifice his life? Or is he just basically stupid and irresponsible?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rias; 2006-12-10 at 02:52.
Closed Thread