AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 01:29   Link #41
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
That's a pretty nifty looking cell phone.

Did I mishear or did they say the story takes place in 11 hours? ^_~
It takes place in 11 days for 11 episodes and then a movie to follow in the winter.
And yes, I was thinking they were gonna be squirmish on the nudity, but niiiiiiice
I look forward to it

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 06:37   Link #42
wao
OK.

I like the brazenness in the beginning. Not afraid to be silly for once

But while I can't help but admire the realistic purty backgrounds (well sorry, I like photorealistic backgrounds... most of the time), the animated characters themselves look rather unimpressive to me. Not that they jar with the backgrounds or anything, but I guess I can't help think of Honey and Clover and for once actually prefer what J.C. Staff did with the visual effects on that.

I mean of course they didn't have to go for the same effect here, it would be inappropriate - but maybe something smoother, simpler, less shading details (this isn't GiTS, dammit)

Still, I think I might just watch this. Only because I genuinely want to see what happens, and it's only 11 episodes. Of course, I'm just getting suckered into a movie conclusion, I know, but...
Old 2009-03-19, 06:55   Link #43
gaguri

Count me in...
Old 2009-03-19, 08:26   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Umino Chika's character designs look to be perfect for this --- breathtaking as always. Time to watch the trailer again.

Also, i <3 the Kawai Kenji piece that's played on the official site. I hope for more like this from him on this project.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-03-19 at 08:52.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:11   Link #45
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I just checked out the trailer and this looks fairly interesting. I was already going to check it out, but this just gave me more reason to do so. Let's see how they handle the international element though.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 15:54   Link #46
Dop
Mmmm....

The trailer looks fantastic (even if I did think "It's Morita! He's naked, and he's got a gun!") so I'm looking forward to this.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:41   Link #47
Avisch
Reality Blender

I want to watch this now. Trailer got me interested. Animation is beautiful (well it is IG after all)

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 14:24   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If the trailer hadn't hooked me, the cast, as announced on 2channel, would have. Hayami Saori stars, and you can recognize her voice in the trailer.

This could be the big breakthrough for 17-year-old Hayamin, who is my pick for the next big seiyuu star. And she sings even better than she voice-acts.

Playing alongside her are actor/seiyuu Miyauchi Atsushi, and seiyuu/actor Kimura Ryouhei.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 14:40   Link #49
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If the trailer hadn't hooked me, the cast, as announced on 2channel, would have. Hayami Saori stars, and you can recognize her voice in the trailer.
Thank you so much! I've been trying to tell who voices the main character all day, all to no avail. It gets frustrating when you really want to find out who's doing such a good job, but feel like you've never heard the voice (actually, I've heard it before - the first few minutes of Sekirei...). I'm glad she's finally starring in a series I'm sure to watch, maybe I'll be able to share some of your enthusiasm then.

And boy, do I love the ending song. I can't stop watching the trailer. It sure looks like it'll be time to praise the Noitamina show for a whole season again (and who knows, it could go on during the summer too, two promising shows in a row!).
Old 2009-03-20, 22:15   Link #50
Proudleaf

After seeing the trailer I can safely say I'm very intrigued with this series. The production values look refreshingly high--a credit largely due to Production I.G.--and the choice of Oasis for the OP was an instant hook for me. Plus, I'm pretty much guaranteed to give the first few episodes a shot simply because it's directed by Kenji Kamiyama.

I'll be looking forward to this.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 18:29   Link #51
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Presents from the website:

Can get a few more banners here
To enter the banner competition (1st prize = autographed post production script from Kamiyama himself), details are here
Website is in japanese only
Actually... they want an address to enter so I guess it's for Japanese entries only... :\

Ah well, enjoy the icons.
I swear the day they come out with a Mameshiba plushie, it's sooooooooooo mine
*huggles the icon for now*

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2009-03-21, 21:06   Link #52
Raiga
tl;dr

Doggie with cape is so cute. D:

Wonder what its purpose in the show is.
Old 2009-03-21, 23:12   Link #53
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Mameshiba (doggie) has wings on his back (not cape) with a 'fallen angel' icon embedded on the wings. He was waiting for Akira in Japan, and that's all we know
I wanna see if he can fly!!!
*huggles mameshiba some more*

Old 2009-03-21, 23:16   Link #54
Raiga
tl;dr

Ah, I was wondering if they were wings. Even better!

Argh so adorable. Wonder what the reddish lines in his fur are.
Old 2009-03-22, 03:06   Link #55
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Wow, seeing Morita and Hagu/Yamada is making me feel all kinds of excitement. Seriously though, I really like what I saw from the trailer, and can't wait for its release.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:23   Link #56
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

He really doesn't looks like Morita. It's just his hair.

So, how many time is going to run untill someone licenses this series? hehe.

BTW, i'm going to see this anime.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:24   Link #57
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Oh God, Honey&Clover similarities in looks are staggering but I'll get over it. I love the backgrounds and the trailer was great, especially the music. I think this is probably one of the few animes I'm heartily anticipating in the last few years.
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:30   Link #58
Kaguya
an idler

As long as I watch a trailer, it is anime series most expected together with Fullmetal Alchemist and Hello, Ann in this season.

By the way, is broadcast canceled if the missile from North Korea comes flying truly?
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:54   Link #59
Joachim
et tu, brute?

count me in as one who get pretty excited about this series, hope it delivers.. but seeing the staff hell yeah it will

And the bgm sound in the trailer page of the homepage is so kawaii kenji (and i love his pieces), reminds me of some tune in higurashi.

Cant wait until 9 april!
Old 2009-03-31, 16:59   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've done a blog post about Hayami Saori, the young seiyuu who will get her first real starring role in this show. And she'll be my sig and avatar for the next three months.

I think she is one of the most promising of all young seiyuus. And she is already my favorite seiyuu singer: her beautiful voice just blows me away. There are links to video/audio of some of her songs in the blog post.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-03-31 at 18:50.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, spy thriller