Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-17, 06:08   Link #21
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Technically Aizen was a VC with bankai.
We don't know if he had Bankai back then.
Old 2009-06-17, 07:19   Link #22
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
We don't know if he had Bankai back then.
Tousen did, and I doubt he'd be following/cowering to someone who didn't have it. Especially since Aizen's powers have no effect on him.

Besides that, the only reason Aizen was experimenting with hollows was because he already reached his peak/limit as a shinigami. That would mean he already had bankai when he was a VC.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:11   Link #23
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

meh...we were not impressed...though I feel a strange attraction to Fawn...must be the Shakespeare in me.

Momo is still broken...but with pure hate...I see her sacrificing herself to try and kill Aizen.
Old 2009-06-17, 12:57   Link #24
Kuroda

Is it me or did momos voice get changed?

Episode was a hype builder but good none the less.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:26   Link #25
Jerseykid

No VC except. As soon as I read except my idea was still ok. In fact she is part of the group along with Renji who as you said already knows bankai, that Aizen chose, my idea becomes even more ok.

Hinamori sacrificing herself is great, now imagine we never saw her till that one moment, in say a first reincounter between Aizen and Ichigo. How much more impact it would have. Only to have all that potential gone because she has to save dopey Rangiku.
Old 2009-06-17, 17:07   Link #26
kagato3

I just notice something. Hinamori released with out calling out her swords name around 19:20, and they even focus on her doing it. Given that that has been stated as being something that requires Bankai to be able to do I figured it might have been something i overlooked in the manga, but it's not she never drew her sword after she resealed it there so the anime has brought up a huge plot hole.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-06-17, 17:12   Link #27
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I just notice something. Hinamori released with out calling out her swords name around 19:20, and they even focus on her doing it. Given that that has been stated as being something that requires Bankai to be able to do I figured it might have been something i overlooked in the manga, but it's not she never resealed her sword there so the anime has brought up a huge plot hole.
If I don't mistake you don't really need bankai in order to do it. Just to learn to weild your sword well.

Whrn Renji fought Byakuya he also didn't call swords name but somehow though about him reaching bankai never crossed Byakuya's mind.
Old 2009-06-17, 17:20   Link #28
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
If I don't mistake you don't really need bankai in order to do it. Just to learn to weild your sword well.

Whrn Renji fought Byakuya he also didn't call swords name but somehow though about him reaching bankai never crossed Byakuya's mind.
You are mistaken. Renji releaseing with out calling out is what shocked Byakuya and tiped him off that Renji had a Bankai.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-06-17, 18:27   Link #29
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You are mistaken. Renji releaseing with out calling out is what shocked Byakuya and tiped him off that Renji had a Bankai.
Still don't think that bankai has any connection to it. Renji's skill could get much better that is why he was suprised. And bankai was revealed later and only then Byakuya made comment about it.
Old 2009-06-17, 19:14   Link #30
Supermutant

Pretty cool episode. Mostly because of Hinamori and Lilinette. It looked good too. I think that Kido seems to get a little overlooked with only a minority of characters using it frequently ...and yet it seems to be potentially as effective as a lot of the zanpakto powers, but with more expressions to utilize.
Old 2009-06-17, 19:50   Link #31
Ichiban Hayai

Regarding bankai users able to release without calling their zampaktou name, kagato3 is right.
Anyone in doupt should rewatch episode 52. Byakuya clearly says:
"You released your zampaktou without calling its name. Could you possibly have..."

He immediatetly recognises Renjis bankai as such by adding immediatly after the release:
"When did you achieve Bankai..."

In Ichigos case he wouldn't accept it, but with Renji, the above requirment seems enough.
Old 2009-06-17, 20:09   Link #32
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Hinamori with bankai?
No VC has one except Renji and Ikkaku who is 3rd seat. I definetly don't wait for any bankais from any of them, only from captains such as Shunsui, Soi Fon, Ukitake, Yamamoto, Aizen, Gin, Unohana... Yoruichi and Kisuke

Although her appearence would make better effect if they didn't show her in preview last week
I'm gonna bet Tessai has bankai as well, but he can do lv. 99 kidou without incantation so probably doesn't care about it.

If any other present VC has bankai, I'd put money on Sasakibe (Yamamoto's VC). That would be most likely, logically. However, in Bleach world, most likely would either be Nanao-chan or Yachiru...
Old 2009-06-18, 00:40   Link #33
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

The fights were pretty nice, but I'm getting really tired of the constant reuse of the whole "Teleport close to/behind the person you're talking to as their eyes turn surprised" thing. Honestly, it's way overdone. It does nothing to surprise the viewers, and it's the lamest way to show someone is powerful/fast/holding back/taunting their opponent.
Old 2009-06-18, 01:52   Link #34
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

Im glad Vega's fight is over. It was nice to finally see stark in action though he really wasn't doing much.
Old 2009-06-18, 01:55   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Couldn't help but find it amusing how the chick with the antlers looks so silly in her transformation. Doesn't it look like she just put on that fur in a hurry just to look like a antler with fur in a staged show?

Btw, can someone please explain how Hinamori set that trap? Did she set it before she exploded the antler chick for the first time, or after she joined Matsumoto? I've watched it couple of time and still didn't get it.
Old 2009-06-18, 02:01   Link #36
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Man, did they censor the hell out of that last scene...

"Amputate? Nah, that'll hurt too much; Beam my arm up, Scotty..."

But I guess that should've have been predicted, given the lack of gore ever since the new viewer-friendly timeslot...Darn; Nothing's hotter than an amputee woman, except for a burlap bag with a head, and even that's not going to be in Bleach anytime soon...Oh, well...Here's to the watering down of one of the best manga fight scenes in Bleach from recent chapters and a lack of subsequent overt ownage; Cheers!

*cynicism off*

Anyway, I'm surprised Aizen didn't notice Hinamori until she actually arrived on scene...If he's sooo smart to deceive various Captains and the Central 46 and manage to pull of an Palpatine "Everything is going according to my design", then how could such a minor thing get past his attention? I'd imagine the fire from the inside must be pretty mesmerizing...During Christmas, there'd be a local access channel that would just play 24/7 footage of a fireplace fire; I think Aizen is just having his own little personal Christmas...And since the fight is allegedly taking place during the winter season, it must also be nice and toasty; Who has time to worry about the minute stuff by then?

Oh, and Kyoraku really is a true samurai amongst the Shinigami realm, right down to the straw hat...I now set fourth the theory that Shunsui Kyoraku is really the rebirth of Miyamoto Musashi in the Soul Society world; I can't think of any other fitting human form of badassery for Kyoraku...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-18, 02:21   Link #37
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

They can decapitate hollows
They can off-screen decapitate a bird-like Arrancar, then show it's head bounce off

But 3 female chicks ripping off their left arm to summon their God Pet? HERESY!
Old 2009-06-18, 02:40   Link #38
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
By the way, what's wrong with Hinamori calling Aizen "Captain Aizen"? None of the characters in "Apocalypse Now" had any problem calling Walter E. Kurtz "Colonel Kurtz", even though Kurtz was non-compliant and targeted to be terminated with extreme prejudice by Captain Willard...

I guess that's because Hinamori isn't nearly as cool of a person as Martin Sheen is...Hmm...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-18, 02:57   Link #39
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I think it's mainly due to how coo coo for cocoa puffs she was for Aizen, cause I'm pretty sure we've heard Hisagi refer to Tousen as "Captain Tousen" after the whole betrayal thing and there was no questioning of him...
Old 2009-06-18, 06:44   Link #40
Ichiban Hayai

Did anyone else notice that in the end segment, whoever has his zampaktou reviewed is next weeks reviewer.
Ichigo reviewed Byakuya, who was reviewer for Rukia who in turn reviewed Renji etc. I guess next week Hisagi will be the host...

@monir: Hinamori uses 'Hakudo 31: shakkaho' with 'Bakudo 12: concealing fire' in a net shape.
Shakkaho is a fireball; we've seen it countless times. Bakudo 12, from the name of it and what Momo implied, probably hides the reatsu of Kido.
Finally she uses 'Bakudo 26: bending light', which hides the visual effects of other Kido.
The result of the net is like being hit by shakkaho point blank.

Also she uses the 2 above binding kido to hide her own reatsu and appearance.
Closed Thread