AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 22:46   Link #161
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chp 28:

Last edited by frubam; 2012-10-08 at 23:12.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 00:47   Link #162
Elestia

That fox fur scarf was pretty stylish I have to admit.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:31   Link #163
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c28:
Old 2012-10-09, 09:41   Link #164
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I really really feel sorry for Kuroki. I means she's pathetic sometime, but deep down she's a good girl. I has kept reading hoping that someone can come to give her a push into normal life.

Her high was whenever she being with her friend Yuu-chan, and that hug from the student council girl during festival. Her extreme low was that arc with Ki-chan, her little cousin. It was so pathetic that it's painful for me just to remember

Reading this make me feel so cold inside. I think i will die inside , if our only hope now, Yuuchan turned out to be a bitch and constantly despite her
Old 2012-10-09, 11:24   Link #165
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

read both ch27 and ch28 right now, tomoko looked really cute while carrying the large bear on her back, the chapter was nice and by the end i almost believed that the club was actually formed, but then the reality kicked in, at this point well it was funny but it was depressing as well, i got confused that i should laugh or feel sad, but nice chapter anyway,

in 28th, the title itself gave me a big laugh at the beginning, and i was liking the way she was thinking that others were too normal and she was doing something special, going in the underworld, but looks like the underworld was even difficult than the normal life, and she is getting some styling(the fox fur, i like it), i don't know how but tomoko looked pretty cool at the last scene when she walks away
Old 2012-10-09, 13:07   Link #166
Utsuro no Hako

We should be getting to the end of Volume 3 soon. I figure the fourth volume will cover the last quarter of the school year, including Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day (I don't think I even want to read that chapter), and the end of Kuroko's freshman year. Hopefully the mangaka will allow her to accomplish something in her first year of high school, though not so much as to make her second year boring.

I'm also thinking that the end of the first year would be a good stopping point for an anime adaptation, so maybe we'll get an announcement in the next few months.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:13   Link #167
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

All the crap things that happen to Tomoko just makes me feel that she's a joke character, in-universe or not.

While I do feel a sense of sympathy for her during some chapters, the series as a whole just gives me a "darker sense of humour" kind of vibe and that if she ever gets out of this rut, she'll stop being a joke character and instead evolve into a more developed character.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 14:48   Link #168
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

this manga is not like a typical otaku comedy, there are extremely funny moments of tomoko and there are also not exactly depressing moments but times when you feel sad,even though this manga is not drama, it is just comedy and slice of life
there is this perfect balance of slice of life, comedy and sadness in this manga that i haven't seen anywhere else, that is why i like this manga
Old 2012-10-09, 18:31   Link #169
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
All the crap things that happen to Tomoko just makes me feel that she's a joke character, in-universe or not.

While I do feel a sense of sympathy for her during some chapters, the series as a whole just gives me a "darker sense of humour" kind of vibe and that if she ever gets out of this rut, she'll stop being a joke character and instead evolve into a more developed character.
The evolution may have begun in this chapter. This is the first time I have actually seen her recognize her own limitations in relation to her fantasies, make a small but significant gesture with her lighter, and walk away with a smile on her face. If she can keep that smile, buy a hairbrush, and work on mastering human communication, the kid will be all right.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 10:41   Link #170
Utsuro no Hako

Third chapter in a row that Tomoko makes an effort to change her situation, and it comes off better than her plans to start a club or become a hostess ... sorta.

Now I'm imagining Tomoko in Working!!
Old 2012-10-21, 11:40   Link #171
Diveman

Mokocchi keep with the good work!!!!! at least she's improving...her fantasy with the cook was really funny lol
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 17:04   Link #172
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

tomoko just keeps her attention at those big mounds of fat of yuu-chan,, and her fantasies along with making cakes, but well she did manage to make cakes atleast
keep with the good work!
Old 2012-11-07, 17:36   Link #173
Utsuro no Hako

Chapter 30 is one of the funniest in a while -- Tomoko thinking the guy would pay her to take a dump was just ... oh, Mokocchi. I really hope Vol.3 comes with an anime announcement.
Old 2012-11-07, 17:47   Link #174
Diveman

Well I don't really know what I'll say if a high school girl comes to my house and asks me to take a shit in my toilet.
Old 2012-12-08, 11:11   Link #175
Utsuro no Hako

Chapter 32: Yet Another Installment of "Being Tomoko's Brother is Suffering"

I'm guessing Tomoki's studying for his high school entrance exam and sometime next year he'll start at Mokocchi's high school and quickly become super popular.

Oh, and here's the cover for volume 3:

Old 2012-12-10, 15:59   Link #176
Utsuro no Hako

Pardon the double post, but the This Manga Is Amazing listings are out and Mokocchi manage to make the Top 20 shonen/seinen series.
Old 2012-12-10, 17:47   Link #177
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Pardon the double post, but the This Manga Is Amazing listings are out and Mokocchi manage to make the Top 20 shonen/seinen series.
well "as she is not popular the manga has become popular"
Old 2012-12-10, 20:58   Link #178
Diveman

Mokocchi is pretty cute to be honest...but she becomes really weird when in public
Old 2012-12-11, 03:54   Link #179
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Cute...she does have her moments but more often than not she's really creepy looking. Though she's not as fugly and creepy to us readers as she is perceived to be to other people in the manga.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 12:09   Link #180
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Cute...she does have her moments but more often than not she's really creepy looking. Though she's not as fugly and creepy to us readers as she is perceived to be to other people in the manga.
She's not creepy looking! Look at my avi. That is how she should look to you. Else, you are looking at her wrong =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri