AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-17, 23:58   Link #121
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehehe. This is a show I could get everyone from my neice to my great aunt to watch and enjoy, so I don't think it's really a "kids show" persay. Sure, it's kid friendly, but not nessisarily just a plain jane kids only show.
Old 2004-08-28, 13:13   Link #122
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Yay episode 4, ^^
Spoiler for ep 4:

I tought this episode is quite interesting also. I had fun on this one. ^^
Old 2004-08-28, 23:11   Link #123
LinChoiSin

Most of the time ,in this show,the culprit has a mean face.
Anyone knows if the intro and ending 's music are made for the show or are real tunes?
Old 2004-08-29, 01:39   Link #124
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Can someone show me some screenshots of this show? I love Agatha Christie's books but I am sort of doubting the animation at the moment.
Old 2004-08-30, 00:42   Link #125
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Can someone show me some screenshots of this show? I love Agatha Christie's books but I am sort of doubting the animation at the moment.
Here are screen caps from ep 3

Spoiler:

I personally really enjoy this anime and I think the animation is quite nice. Enjoy!
Old 2004-08-30, 09:05   Link #126
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I personally love the duck. He's cute and he's so funny half the time. Plus Oliver adds some nice comic relief to the whole show.
Old 2004-08-30, 10:20   Link #127
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I personally love the duck. He's cute and he's so funny half the time. Plus Oliver adds some nice comic relief to the whole show.
(OT) Do we need to start an Oliver fanclub?
Old 2004-08-30, 11:22   Link #128
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

A fantasy animal fanclub is territory no one should even contemplate going in to. Remember, doujin mangaka are evil >_<. They will be attracted to something like this like flies to an open outhouse

As for episode 4

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-31, 07:21   Link #129
Lupus

I've just watched episode one, and I don't know whether to laugh at it or love it! XD The latter seems to have won though, and I think it's well done. Some odd bits like Oliver...but still, he's cute. :P
Old 2004-08-31, 07:47   Link #130
Killerattacks

I think this series is great, but this annoying duck...:/
And what makes the whole show even better are the dvd like raws and the godlike sub of Froth-bite.
Old 2004-08-31, 08:19   Link #131
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, I've been noticing that too lately, in respect to certain shows having DVD raw like layouts. All I can assume is that some of the raw groups have started sucking down their raws from HDTV. If that's true, then that means that the HDTV encryption hacking project worked and raw distributors are back in full swing, but this time with wide screen HDTV raws. hehe. That'd be cool if that were true.
Old 2004-08-31, 10:52   Link #132
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
I think this series is great, but this annoying duck...:/
And what makes the whole show even better are the dvd like raws and the godlike sub of Froth-bite.
Oooo...godlike....I haven't heard that one before. ^^ Thanks for the compliment!

I think you either love or hate Oliver. We love him so much that we've got a bot named after him. I have this thing for cute and fuzzy animals like Nanami and Dogtato, Penguins, Pandas, etc. So I happen to like Oliver, but someone on our forum said that Oliver must be her lunch because he's hanging out in her bento box.

Quote:
The duck is her lunch - note how she keeps it in her bento box.
So it's actually a different duck in each episode (a bit like Rei Ayanami, heh).
(It's a little known fact that English schoolgirls bite the heads off live ducks. This is where the Hells Angels got the idea from.)
Old 2004-08-31, 11:19   Link #133
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Am currently waiting for the girl to carry that duck around on her head It'll be about the 3rd time a character played by Orikasa Fumiko wears an animal mascot hat Or was it 4th... must see Stratos4 again

Putting out the seiyuu credits for even the guest characters is a definate plus. Sometimes these extra details just get missed when looking at a general info site like animenfo or ANN. The anime otaku in me appreciates the extra mile here
Old 2004-08-31, 12:32   Link #134
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiorichan
Oooo...godlike....I haven't heard that one before. ^^
So I happen to like Oliver, but someone on our forum said that Oliver must be her lunch because he's hanging out in her bento box.
Ah, an emergency food supply. That explains it.

Hail Ilpallazzo!
Old 2004-08-31, 18:37   Link #135
LinChoiSin

i usually love cute animals/characters/things but Oliver and Maybelle really get on my nerves ! i think that they're really totally useless and annoying.
Old 2004-09-15, 10:19   Link #136
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Episode 5 has the first part of the first multi-part mystery. (How confusing was that?) Interestingly, I just finished reading the novel in question.

It'll be interesting to see how Maybelle influences the story here.
Old 2004-09-15, 14:44   Link #137
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
i usually love cute animals/characters/things but Oliver and Maybelle really get on my nerves ! i think that they're really totally useless and annoying.
I think they seem even more useless than the average mascot character because they were added to the story long after it was written. The closest Christie ever got to having a useless character around was Hastings, who generally didn't do much except serve as the butt of Poirot's jokes. Since Poirot himself has been made into a more polite person in the show, and Hastings given at least the appearance of competence, they needed a new narrator character to stand around and be clueless all the time, hence Maybelle.

Oliver is just there to look cute and sell toys, which I'm sure he does very well.
Old 2004-09-15, 19:09   Link #138
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I don't think that Maybelle or her duck are useless. I think they add a nice touch to the story. But that's my take on it.
Old 2004-09-26, 21:15   Link #139
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Since Poirot himself has been made into a more polite person in the show, and Hastings given at least the appearance of competence, they needed a new narrator character to stand around and be clueless all the time, hence Maybelle.

Oliver is just there to look cute and sell toys, which I'm sure he does very well.
I agree with you about Oliver being there to look cute (except I don't think he's that annoying :P) but as for Maybelle she was actually mentioned (briefly) in "The Thirteen Problems" as being Raymond West's niece who was not particularly intelligent. (Incidentally, Raymond West appears pretty often in that book, since he lives in the same village as Miss Marple - St. Mary's Mead)

Also, Hastings isn't all that incompetent - read the last few chapters of "The ABC Murders" to find out why
Old 2004-09-27, 04:48   Link #140
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Read it??? The show hath gone up to ep11 already, I think it's safe to say a lot of ppl here want to see it T_T And the ABC murders is getting interesting. Didn't realise Agatha Christie was into criminal profiling for serial killers.
Closed Thread