AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 09:46   Link #121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Now that a sub is out, I think that Patti is a bit older. I'm thinking 10/11 yo because of the content of her conversations and not wanting to be referred to as a kid.

25.5 hours to go for the official broadcast....
Old 2007-06-13, 12:11   Link #122
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

hmm... i wonder what patti may look like after... lets see... 10 yrs?? lol <3 he really should raise her as a wife hahaha XD

btw, its good to see dante's ass kicking, gun blasting, sword slicing being animated^^
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 12:46   Link #123
orion

Patti pwns all in 6 years (assuming that she's 10 or 11 years old).

Spoiler for ep.1 preview showing:
Old 2007-06-14, 17:30   Link #124
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

I've upped the HDTV raw to where such things can be found.

Series looks like a blood fest at the moment ;o
Old 2007-06-14, 19:29   Link #125
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Update on the WOWOW page. Apparently Lady will be featured in the next episode
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 19:35   Link #126
Jackster

Finally a HQ Version of the First Ep.
Hopefully the Series getīs better. The First Episode was good, but could have been better.
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:22   Link #127
Coolrush

Send a message via AIM to Coolrush
I liked the first episode. I cant wait for Lady and Trish. I hope they stick around for the whole series instead of just dropping by for an episode.
Coolrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 23:21   Link #128
orion

And the blood flows red too.

ED animation and song ("I'll be your home") was nice too.

The little munchkin is back for episode 2 also.

It doesn't look like Madhouse is missing a step so far with all the shows that they are doing concurrently (Claymore, Denno Coil, Devil May Cry, Oh! Edo Rocket, Monster Princess, Story of Saiunkoku).

Edit: Do you think that Patti's clothing style is Sweet Lolita?

Last edited by orion; 2007-06-15 at 12:29.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 11:19   Link #129
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I just watched the first episode. Sorry to say, I thought it was badly done.

It's a great story but where it lacks is how it was told. It should have been far more engaging as there was a lot of material to work with.

Pacing was its weakness. Sequences happened way too fast. Before I knew it, the fight scenes would be over. There was often no structure in the sequences, no climax, little tension... nothing articulately pronounced enough for me to be hooked in. Flat, no depth - there was just no time to swallow the dialogue and sequence of events to build up emotions, expectations. Just a little disappointing you know? You sit there, expecting to find something to reel you in but it's already cut to the next scene. There was just too much in such a short amount of time.

Had this been a 1-hr special I think it could have been so much better. I don't think I'll be watching any more of this series. :P
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 13:56   Link #130
orion

But this is an action title and most of the viewers know about the franchise. In fact, the setup implies that you at least know about the game DMC 3 and have a clue about DMC 1. That's why Lady and Trish are prominent in the pic on the website for this and why they are in the ED animation and why we were served "Dante fanservice" down to the inscription on his gun. If it had a long explanation, then people would be screaming imo.
Old 2007-06-16, 15:20   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Do you think that Patti's clothing style is Sweet Lolita?
You'd be a fool not to think that. :3

I enjoyed the first episode. Dante was awesome & the actions scenes rocked --- it helps that we have Madhouse animating the series. I find this to be a good start, as the preview for next episode has be ready and waiting.

& yeah, i have played the games. Mainly the reason behind me checking this out, though i would anyway for Madhouse action.
Old 2007-06-16, 18:16   Link #132
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You'd be a fool not to think that. :3
Well, Lolita fashion does have a lot of subtypes and it's not like I spend a lot of time following it. But it does seem that Sweet Lolita has been used in a lot of anime lately. Moon Phase, Rozen Maiden and sola comes to mind.

Makes you wonder why? It's not like something a girl from an orphanage would be attracted to I think. You would have thought that Patti would have chosen a more normal style. Do you think that it is to emphasize her purity and innocence in contrast to Dante, Trish and Lady who don't have any?
Old 2007-06-16, 19:02   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Do you think that it is to emphasize her purity and innocence in contrast to Dante, Trish and Lady who don't have any?
Could be. It also fits into the design of how she 'cleaned up' Dante's home.
Old 2007-06-16, 19:32   Link #134
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

I'll give the little girl credit. She's pwned Dante pretty well in the episode for someone who didn't even fight him. Like eating his sundae

Or after the DMC2 reference

*Morrison pulls out a coin and flips it*

Dante: Tch. Not again.
Morrison: If you win, I'll pay off all your bills, if you guess wrong...
Dante: Alright, I get it. Heads!

=scene change=

Patty: You stink at gambling.
Dante: Shush.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 04:13   Link #135
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

guess patti would add up to dante's harem after a few years time lol
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 15:32   Link #136
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
I just could not get into the first episode for some reason. Maybe it's the combination of cliche and improbability of the orphan-will-come-into-a-fortune-unless-evil-relatives-off-her-first storyline. Heck, the only reason that worked for lemony Snicket was that ti was over-the-top satire. Here, in this context of demons everywhere, the whole idea was a turnoff.

Yes, Dante was suitable wise-ass and bad-ass, but Patty just struck me as obnoxious. I kept hoping the exchanges would come out like this:

Quote:
Patty: Are you trying to get me killed?
Dante: Yes! Now be quiet!
Old 2007-06-17, 17:05   Link #137
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
I just could not get into the first episode for some reason. Maybe it's the combination of cliche and improbability of the orphan-will-come-into-a-fortune-unless-evil-relatives-off-her-first storyline. Heck, the only reason that worked for lemony Snicket was that ti was over-the-top satire. Here, in this context of demons everywhere, the whole idea was a turnoff.
Maybe the real Patti figures out that she will need Dante's help again and it's better to have orphan Patti as a backup/meatshield to insure that he actually shows up. He did want to kill heiress Patti after all and might not help her the second time without orphan Patti being involved imo.

Perhaps dad to heiress Patti tipped her off at what would possibly be going on and that's why she used orphan Patti as a meatshield in the first place. Heiress Patti did say that she was covering her bases. It is likely that relatives will try to off you if the amount of the inheritance is significant and they aren't included in the will.
Old 2007-06-18, 10:12   Link #138
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Typical first episode of an action anime. It just shows how badass the main character is. Typical. But I love it!!!! It's Devil May Cry!!! I just love the music when Dante kills those devils in the pub. I think that's the opening theme. It rocks!

And I want strawberry sundae!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 16:00   Link #139
Shiori-chan

great episode, kuro-hana thx for subbing this
Old 2007-06-18, 21:53   Link #140
Jubei_Asaemon

First episode was pretty meh for me, animation and character designs are good though. I don't like the inclusion of Patti as a token loli, however I will reserve judgment until it is more apparent just what kind of role she is going to play. I'll probably enjoy the show either way but it just does not feel like DMC yet. The demons designs were very boring generic monster style, kinda reminded me of Guyver. I hope they use some demons more close to the ones in the games, bizarre ones like the mannequins from DMC1 or the scarecrows from DMC4, or any of the reaper ones from DMC3. It would also be cool to see some of Dante's other weapons, but based on the first episode alone he is probably just going to swing around rebellion the entire series.
Jubei_Asaemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse