Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 00:41   Link #11061
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
At what time was this in her life? And I am doubtful honestly.
These should answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
Spoiler for Animesigma version:

Spoiler for speedscan version:
Old 2009-09-27, 00:41   Link #11062
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
At what time was this in her life? And I am doubtful honestly.
According to the translations, it was during her middle school years.

And I'm a little doubtful too, myself. If that's true, why hasn't she showed up yet? With the exception of Ruby (and we actually saw them in flashbacks), we've seen almost everyone's mothers at some point in the manga.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:43   Link #11063
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Moka looks like she's in Elementary to me. She could be 1st year middle school. Oh well, Moka's past is indeed the least explained, but I'm guessing its one of those things where its slowly revealed as the main plot goes on, since she is the main female of the cast.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:48   Link #11064
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
you guys are forgetting two little facts:

One, assuming Moka is pureblooded (and we have nothing to say she isn't), we're talking about another vampire here... a vampire possibly even stronger than Moka. We have Kokoa, but she's weaker than Moka, and Karua is part of Fairy Tale, which is why she's shown up. But really, do we need another powerful youkai showing up at this point, especially with Fairy Tale around? That, and there's the fact that when the other girl's mothers showed up, they were trying to get their daughters to marry tsukune... we have yet to go in that direction with Moka (even though we know they probably will)

Fact Two: Moka's mother is in the human world, for some reason that we don't know. I think that if she's hiding in the human world, she has a reason for being there (especially since she'd be a strong youkai in a human world), and therefore no reason to appear back in the youkai world

now watch as Moka's mother appears in the next chapter...

(and there's always option C: Her mother has passed away. But highly unlikely)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:51   Link #11065
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Probably cause Moka was always depressed from being unaccustomed to living around humans her mother probably sent her to the academy to teach her how to live with humans. That or we can play the destiny card and her mom planned with the director to ensure that she meets Tsukune, that's just far'fetched.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:56   Link #11066
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Question:

How is Moka so powerful if she's only a halfbreed, assuming her mother is a normal human woman? She's basically described as a type of supervampire, but even so she shouldn't favor her vampire side of the family so much. A lot of halfbreeds are weaker than their pureblooded counterparts.

I'm asking this because I was browsing through TvTropes, and apparently someone's assumed that Moka's mother was a normal human, which by default makes Moka half human.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:56   Link #11067
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Speaking about her mother, I have a feeling that Moka and her siblings' mother is a human (or human turned vamp). They are considered vampires and S-Class creatures probably due to the dominant gene effect.

I used to have this idea for drawing a manga (I gave up after figuring out I can't draw with reconstructed broken wrists, very little control over delicate hand movements) about supernatural creatures, one part being vampires. From my research, chucked with a little logic and drawing similarities in fiction, I class vampires into 3 types :

1. Elder Vampires - Bloody powerful beings which have been in their vampire form for over 500 years to a millennium. They are less reliant on blood, can take the blood of any creature, and are significantly resistant to UV.

2. Greater Vampires - Vampires who have lived for around 200-500 years. They are significantly less powerful than Elders. They are still reliant on blood, but not necessarily human (can take blood from other magical beings). Will not perish immediately during the day, but will be weakened.

3. Lesser Vampires - New vampires who have been afflicted with the bite. Bloodthirsty, and only slightly stronger than an average human.

Their father is probably an Elder, subsequently his children are born to be greater vampires, coupled with the dominant gene effect, they have the potential to become equivalent to elders in less than the time a normal vampire takes. However, their power manifest much faster than they can control, so that is why they are taken away to be sealed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:56   Link #11068
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Yeah, watch as Moka's mother is actually the third Demon Lord... but you know what really throws a wrench in the idea that either of Moka's parents in the Third? If they were, you'd think the Exorcist or Bus Driver would've given some sort of indication of recognition of Moka...

*smokes some crack now*

Oh, and the Exorcist is Tsukune's grandfather.

Old 2009-09-27, 00:59   Link #11069
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Moka is definitely not a halfbreed, she's too proud to be one. On top of that, from what Kalhua said, Moka's dad actually has high expectations of Moka.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:01   Link #11070
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Moka is definitely not a halfbreed, she's too proud to be one. On top of that, from what Kalhua said, Moka's dad actually has high expectations of Moka.
I'm just asking because I've been hearing some rumors that Moka's mother is a human woman, and I got a little confused.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:02   Link #11071
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

remember, until you get an official source (in this case, the manga), rumors are usually just that: rumors

Old 2009-09-27, 01:02   Link #11072
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm just asking because I've been hearing some rumors that Moka's mother is a human woman, and I got a little confused.
heh, thats all it is. Because we know next to nothing about Moka's past, all we can do is make up theories.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:05   Link #11073
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

that reminds me: isn't Kurumu the other one we have no idea about her past? And Mizore, we don't know anything about the time she was in her village

and of course, unless we get something interesting, no one gives a damn about Tsukune's past other than it was a "regular middle school" type of thing, and of course Kyouko being a bit involved

Old 2009-09-27, 01:15   Link #11074
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
that reminds me: isn't Kurumu the other one we have no idea about her past? And Mizore, we don't know anything about the time she was in her village
Is there even such thing as a pureblooded succubus, actually? Because if all they need to do is seduce men to reproduce, then doesn't that make them all halfbreeds? How do they get their powers if that's the case?

Gah, too many questions and not enough answers.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:16   Link #11075
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

We already know enough about Mizore, a huge portion has been covered already. I don't know how important Kurumu's past is. Her character is important but she never had an air of mystery around her.

Tsukune's past is unimportant really. He was just an average student through a twist of fate ended up in an academy for Youkai.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:17   Link #11076
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I shall only answer with this:

a woman's body is a truly amazing thing

Old 2009-09-27, 01:24   Link #11077
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I shall only answer with this:

a woman's body is a truly amazing thing
I'll take your word on it, then.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:27   Link #11078
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Is there even such thing as a pureblooded succubus, actually? Because if all they need to do is seduce men to reproduce, then doesn't that make them all halfbreeds? How do they get their powers if that's the case?

Gah, too many questions and not enough answers.
Ever played Mass Effect? They could be like the Asari : gender doesn't matter in their reproduction. All they need to do is to find a mate that is competent and will add good genes to their bloodline (or simply a mate that will give them a good time, probably someone with Ruby's mentality ). Kurumu is probably different because she wants to mate with someone she loves rather than someone that will help carry on her species.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 01:30   Link #11079
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

In a little more explanatory answer:

Outside of vampires and werewolves, there's really very little explanation for how most of the creatures are even born. I would assume it's a case of the succubus gets the man's lifeforce/whatever is needed, and then goes back to the Demon Realm (which many would call Hell), where whatever dark forces there are go to work. If I weren't to the point of wanting to go to bed, I'd go into a whole idea, now that you've got me thinking

Old 2009-09-27, 01:33   Link #11080
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
In a little more explanatory answer:

Outside of vampires and werewolves, there's really very little explanation for how most of the creatures are even born. I would assume it's a case of the succubus gets the man's lifeforce/whatever is needed, and then goes back to the Demon Realm (which many would call Hell), where whatever dark forces there are go to work. If I weren't to the point of wanting to go to bed, I'd go into a whole idea, now that you've got me thinking
Actually, how does the succubus even know/ensure that she'll have a girl once she's seduced a guy and gotten pregnant? You can't control those kind of things. What are they supposed to do if they give birth to a baby boy?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire