AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 10:11   Link #821
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
A few comments here sparked a few neurons in my brain, and the results were... well, here's a couple more characters.

First, "Hurricane" Halley Rainier, commanding officer of the 8th Information Archive Retrieval unit.

Spoiler for Halley Rainier:

And next, her one and only subordinate, May Shelby.

Spoiler for May Shelby:

Not really suited for combat. Well, at least May isn't.

For some strange reason, I can really relate.

With May anyway.

And dkellis scores again with the down-to-earth yet still charming characters (even more that they don't have magical powers ) Halley seems to have contracted Her God Empress S*******'s gene-seed, and May is... well, May Would like to see more on these Infinite Library girls, especially May

Needs more Yuuno connection though

@ Erio:

Here's the Good-Tutorial link I used for the device core:

Glass Orb Tutorial

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:26   Link #822
Aaron008R

Quote:
A few comments here sparked a few neurons in my brain, and the results were... well, here's a couple more characters.

First, "Hurricane" Halley Rainier, commanding officer of the 8th Information Archive Retrieval unit.

Spoiler for May Shelby:

And the SOS Dan of the Nanohaverse is complete! Well, in different way though. May is obviously a Nagato-template character. But Halley seems to be a Haruhi-guts-Mikuru-moe hybrid. And coupled with Ivey whos a Konata...

*shudder*

Anyway, very charming characters, dkellis. Good work!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-01, 12:23   Link #823
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Ok, 3 freaking AM in the morning and I'm posting a new chara. That's right, Angela joins the forum ! Expect the profile on Hiro very soon, I'm almost finished with him. Only need to correct a few things, finish his history and add a few attacks for the entire 'Blue Flame Squad' to be finished

Spoiler for Angela Hale:

See you guys later!
As promised, the Cleric is back!

Ah... A axe wielder berserker type, which what originally a berserker was about until one red loli made a statement in hammer. Angela's just like Subaru in this aspect; in fact I won't be surprised if she and Ginga share the same operating relationship as Lucas and Angela here. Fate's a good advisor for Angela as both mage place emphasis on lightning attacks. And more combo attacks! Now I'm really tempted to come up with ones of my own, for so far my idea of synchronized attacks has been SYMMETRIKARU, DOCKINGU!

Is all four of the Blue Flame done? If so, I think their introduction in CrosyS would be around the middle, when Kyla appears, leading the carrier group as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
...I'd rather much prefer the pink-haired princess who requests her targets to die while slaughtering all in her path *cough*
Uh... Is this from inside ***dam or outside?
Quote:
In Warhammer lore, the Necrons are incredibly difficult to kill, and no one, not even an empire of a billion planets, powerful psychic races and incredible technologies have managed to even reduce the threat of the Necrons. A single Monolith lost is insignificant to the sheer numbers of yet to awaken Necron (which range in the millions) all over the universe (or in our case, multiverse ).

What Kay, Glock and even Brown faced are just small fry (Keroko would have the honor of facing up to one of the "Big Bosses" ).
One star god is t3h pwn4g3r, if the Necron somehow manage to get Nightbringer down, everyone here is next to toast, with hero armor the only saving grace unless you have excellent energy attacks...

...Which means Nanoha would down him in one shot. One more reason why the Necron decide to retreat from Nanohaverse...

Quote:

Spoiler for May Shelby:

Ah the personality to go crazy for. I remember dkellis/nighty submitting a team like that, except they weren't full references. Now I wonder how does Yuuno cope with this team. Anyway in a place that big, I think any number of Information Retrievers would be useful when t3h 1337 search engine Yuuno is out giving speeches.

After reading this post I'm tempted to pull an OC Library Exploration Club from the haremfest Negima...

Funny. Why when Rancer spoke, Chrono's voice came out...

Ya noe, hanging around this thread for all this while has turned my old "FOR KING YUUNO! THIS IS YUUNOHAAAA!!!" warcry into...

FOR GOD EMPRESS S******* H*****!!!

Her sacred presence is very strong here...

EDIT: HOLY S******* I just got a very weird brain wave...

A powerful burst of mana was detected on Earth some time ago, but it's cause was never ascertained by the TSAB. However, Saint Church had been monitoring a unique wave signature from the planet ever since, and when an archaeological dig turns up the Gospel cartridges, the extremely divine ones supposedly etched with the entire Velka Bible on a nano-scale and tempered with the God Empress' blood, the Church discovers that the signature of the mana stored in the cartridges is the exact same one as the low energy one from Earth. The 21st is sent to investigate... And the question they answer will change the path of the New Velka forever...

Does the God Empress live?

Last edited by Kha; 2007-06-01 at 12:42.
Old 2007-06-01, 14:00   Link #824
Meophist

Since villians seem to be popular now, here's the profiles of two of them. Code-named Threshold and Pain.
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C6: Threshold:
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C7: Pain:
Pain originally had a big sword, but I decided to change the weapon.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:04   Link #825
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
@Everyone: Thanks ^^. Yeah, I wanted to make a balanced team, so Angela is Lightning ^^. Basically that's the problem: Four characters share a history. That's why it's so hard to do it and not be repetitive or get boring. In Hiro's profile, expect even more detail on the Hale siblings' battle ^^

@Keroko: Yeah, it says in her profile her birthday is in October 11th ^^.

@ Lowe: Say whaa----? OMG Ryu looks so cool! I'm sure Ratler will like it ^^

@dkellis: Very nice chars you got there. Somehow, Halley seems to be a very fun person to have around exactly when a problem starts and it ruins the moment

@Kha: Yay for the Cleric's comeback . Ah ha ha ha . Thanks ^^. Maybe she does resemble Subaru (trying to be as original as I possibly can ). And yeah, probably Fate taught or will teach her a few things. Cass was Nanoha's student after all, so...maybe she can use that as an excuse . No no, Blue Flame is still missing Hiro, Risa's brother. Don't be too hard on me, I got school, homework and I'm almost done, so be patient!

@Meophist: More girls . I think we're high on the girl personnel no?

BTW: I'm planning on giving the team hidden combo attacks ^^.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:33   Link #826
Meophist

Quote:
@Meophist: More girls . I think we're high on the girl personnel no?
Well, with my own characters, I've got a 4:3 female:male ratio before the last two I just did, so it was pretty even until then. Now it's pushed up to 2:1 ratio(6 females, 3 males), which is more indicative of the show, but I guess I should make some more male characters.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:43   Link #827
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well, with my own characters, I've got a 4:3 female:male ratio before the last two I just did, so it was pretty even until then. Now it's pushed up to 2:1 ratio(6 females, 3 males), which is more indicative of the show, but I guess I should make some more male characters.
Umm...no, no. I meat we all have a high girl %. Right? I'm also kind of unbalanced in that aspect (4 girls, 2 boys )
Old 2007-06-01, 17:12   Link #828
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
---New intelligence data updated---

Villians are in vogue! Lets throw another into the fray. From the Mahou Josei Choir Nanoha/Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoka series comes the brutal psychic Arrancar!

Spoiler for loli Villian!:

OMG another ***dam girl!!!
I like the description of her device. But for a goth loli vampire that uses psychic attacks to have a huge sword? That's awesome.

For some reason I think those psychic attacks make her even more powerful than my antagonists... though my characters are basically living weapons of mass destruction.

Quote:
Ok, 3 freaking AM in the morning and I'm posting a new chara. That's right, Angela joins the forum ! Expect the profile on Hiro very soon, I'm almost finished with him. Only need to correct a few things, finish his history and add a few attacks for the entire 'Blue Flame Squad' to be finished

Spoiler for Angela Hale:

See you guys later!
Nice character again, Fuyu! I liked the part when she met with Risa again, and hugged.

BTW, is that axe two-handed? A loli with a huge two-handed axe... *Hayate-like thumbs up*

Oh, and for having Combo Attacks: +100 points! Surely adds a lot of strategy and tactics to battles. Good stuff.

Quote:
@ Erio:

Here's the Good-Tutorial link I used for the device core:

Glass Orb Tutorial
Though it was Keroko who first asked about that, I still wanted to know too, so thanks for the link!
Old 2007-06-01, 19:46   Link #829
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Part III is here. This time, it's a simple highlight on Saga's device and it's A.I.

Spoiler for Part III : Heart of Golden:

This is one is kinda less dramatic, and more comical as in it's interactions between Null and Saga. A war without some comedy or quirky family bonding is boring anyway.

As for what is Zwei and Drei...that comes much later when Saga's l33t fighting skills get to show itself in full form of Null, Zwei and Drei. The next one should either be the battle between Signum and Isdera that earned them their nicknames, or Saga and Reinforce's first meeting, depending on writing mood.

There's a bunch of references here too, most of which should be quite easy. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-01, 22:06   Link #830
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Baclog annoying? Kill it with fire! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Given your character could fight for around five minutes equivalent under one second because of HYPER CLOCK UP, only Hikki could deal with Mabiko effectively because of TIME STOP.

Oh the brokenness. Y
Did I miss anything?

Quote:
COSPLAYER?! That means half of the 6 Aces dig it. (Kha, Hayate, Hikki)

Speaking of Aces, there are 2 slots open:

Nanoha - Ace of Hearts
Fate - Ace of Diamonds
Hayate - Ace of Spades
Keroko - Ace of Clubs

Kha - Joker of Clubs
Hikki - Joker of Spades

2 Jokers undiscovered. Who could they be?!

Sakura: [Father also cosplays as a girl sometimes.]
Kha: That's because I swap cores with you!
So finally Hikki is an Ace, eh? Good for him.

Quote:

Let's take a look at another character who appears from near the end of AlternateS, and returns in force in CrosyS: Colonel Gard Redel, Commander of the Zakum Troopers.

Spoiler for Set 'em up, and I'll knock 'em down!:

I got a present for ya!
coolies! More, please!

Quote:
Here's the surprise!

Now for the first time in Animesuki's history, I present to you, a trailer for the upcoming release of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - The Chronicles of New Velka: CrosyS...

The OP!

Spoiler for Destiny - Chiyo:
Text-based opening theme ficlets were one of my most daring but successful experiments in FF.net. But this was a remarkable challenge because of the sheer number of characters to consider. The chorus changes ever episode (There's that many OCs to feature) so even if they aren't in this one they'll be in the next, or the one after that.

I chose Destiny for its great beat. This video on j00t00b helped me get started. Hope you guys like it! Sorry Erio slowing you down again...
We have a winner in this thread.

....did I just see a loli villain?

x-x-x-x-x

Alright, since I had been absent for 3 days (stupid limited Internet availability at village D: ) I'm going to post everything I had worked on along the period of time.

POWER
Spoiler for description:

INCANTATION
Spoiler for description:

HALCYON
Spoiler for description:

ABILITIES
Spoiler for description:

UNLIMITED GALE WORKS
Spoiler for space-saving:

TRIVIA
Spoiler for space:

BEHOLD!!!111oneoneeleven
Old 2007-06-02, 00:36   Link #831
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Dang it's good to be home, I do so despise work ^^

Now lets see what I have missed....

Quote:
------------------------------

Now here's something different, artwork

This time, my version of Alexander Ivanov's Device Ryu:

Spoiler for Blitz Form:

I hope it passes your criteria Ratler
Ryu?....... Is that you???........ .. Ano.... I have just one question for you Lowe. What on earth do you mean "I hope it passes your criteria." That is Awesome!!! OMG that is friking perfect I love it. wow. ok now i just have to check, are you sure that you have not found a way to read minds of people just by knowing there screen name?...
*attempts to calm down* Thank you So much for doing this. You are incredible. *Bows*

EDIT: @LoweGear With your permission, I would like to use that image as part of Alex's profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
POWER
Spoiler for description:

INCANTATION
Spoiler for description:

HALCYON
Spoiler for description:

ABILITIES
Spoiler for description:

UNLIMITED GALE WORKS

TRIVIA
Spoiler for space:

BEHOLD!!!111oneoneeleven
O.O WOW .... ya that about sums it up Nine work
Old 2007-06-02, 00:51   Link #832
An Hero in Disguise
Human

At last I was able to finish my little contribution to OC thread, feel free to comment

Spoiler for foreword:

Spoiler for profile:

Spoiler for background:

Spoiler for combat:

A full history with practical descriptions how that all works in combat is yet to follow. So far I'm still able to implement some changes if necessary.

(reading other profiles it seems I managed not to cross the borders of admissible brokeness, did I?)

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-07-18 at 11:11.
Old 2007-06-02, 01:30   Link #833
Aaron008R

Quote:
Since villians seem to be popular now, here's the profiles of two of them. Code-named Threshold and Pain.
'Bear my pain with me' class opponents, then? Well, what can I say? Quite a very frightening loli combo you got there. And I must admit that the earlier idea of using a large sword rather than a scythe would be much more suitable with Pain's image. Impressive work, Meophist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part III is here. This time, it's a simple highlight on Saga's device and it's A.I.

Spoiler for Part III : Heart of Golden:

This is one is kinda less dramatic, and more comical as in it's interactions between Null and Saga. A war without some comedy or quirky family bonding is boring anyway.

As for what is Zwei and Drei...that comes much later when Saga's l33t fighting skills get to show itself in full form of Null, Zwei and Drei. The next one should either be the battle between Signum and Isdera that earned them their nicknames, or Saga and Reinforce's first meeting, depending on writing mood.

There's a bunch of references here too, most of which should be quite easy. :P
You can sekuhara a device? I think we now have a suitable match for the eccentric devices here in the OC thread. Even getting Zulfiqar unsettled is quite impressive. And do I see a Twin Bird Strike mode there? Good work, Nightengale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
POWER
Spoiler for description:

INCANTATION
Spoiler for description:

HALCYON
Spoiler for description:

ABILITIES
Spoiler for description:

UNLIMITED GALE WORKS

TRIVIA
Spoiler for space:

BEHOLD!!!111oneoneeleven
WALL OF INFORMATION! Excellent. And I suddenly had the urge of seeing how Hikki interacts with Alexandra. Great work!
And great fanfic as well!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-02, 01:41   Link #834
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
At last I was able to finish my little contribution to OC thread, feel free to comment

Spoiler for foreword:

Spoiler for profile:

Spoiler for background:

Spoiler for combat:

A full history with practical descriptions how that all works in combat is yet to follow. So far I'm still able to implement some changes if necessary.

(reading other profiles it seems I managed not to cross the borders of admissible brokeness, did I?)
Hmm. An interesting first entry. I also like the way on how you distributed ability and character flaws to even out the overdone parts. Not to mention that your Lost Logia device has quite an attitude.

And yes, you are marginally successful in managing not to cross the too broken line. These are the types of OC's that I classify as borderline-broken. All in all, I'm really quite impressed by your work.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-02, 01:44   Link #835
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
WALL OF INFORMATION! Excellent. And I suddenly had the urge of seeing how Hikki interacts with Alexandra. Great work!
And great fanfic as well!
Alas, my friend, the encounter will have to wait as the road is still pretty much long. But as for now....

Hikki: *casts Unlimited Gale Works*
Alexandra: *casts Unlimited Midnight Carnival*
*both stare at each other*
Hikki: .......
Alexandra: .....
Both: where did you learn that?!?!!

thank.s :3

Meophist: the twin lolis are dangerous opponent-- *dodges Pain's scythe*
Old 2007-06-02, 02:06   Link #836
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Once again 3 freaking AM in the morning. I have to stop posting so late ><. In anycase. Finally, I present you the last member of the Blue Flame Squad under the command of Cassandra Ivanov, Hiro Nakamura enters the game!

This is the longest of the squad profiles (Not counting Cass and Kali). It contains a very detailed version of some scenes mentioned in other profiles and other additional information.

Spoiler for Hiro Nakamura:

Going to sleep. See you guys later and I'll post comments on other characters as well when I come back ^^.

EDIT: Additional info on Hiro

Spoiler for Hiro:

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2007-06-23 at 12:47.
Old 2007-06-02, 02:12   Link #837
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Say, how does Threshold "infect" her opponents? By physical contact? (Gotta think of a way to fight them )

Nice idea! They sure could turn the tides of any battle.
Old 2007-06-02, 02:54   Link #838
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Hmm. An interesting first entry. I also like the way on how you distributed ability and character flaws to even out the overdone parts. Not to mention that your Lost Logia device has quite an attitude.

And yes, you are marginally successful in managing not to cross the too broken line. These are the types of OC's that I classify as borderline-broken. All in all, I'm really quite impressed by your work.
Thanks. I'm planning to add a detailed variant of the background from Serge's point of view later, so hopefully it'd become clear he's not as broken as it seems after reading combat abilities' description (maybe potentially broken as soon as he becomes able to release the final form of his Device at will). Also if his story continues he's obviously asking for a limiter to be placed on him - it was alright while he was under AAA, but now he's there and will use any means to go higher. I wonder how his Device will react to it, surely won't be pleased, but I don't want to make him turn against TSAB (at least openly ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Say, how does Threshold "infect" her opponents? By physical contact? (Gotta think of a way to fight them )

Nice idea! They sure could turn the tides of any battle.
Yeah, that thing at least should be known, as her victims have all stayed alive I expect some of them to remember the way they got "infected". Well, it could be something like "girl appears in my line of sight - oops I got a limiter on me", then it'd be harder to explain.

BTW this scenario reminded me of someone mentioning attaching an AMF device to an opponent in some hard/impossible to remove way and then proceeding to smack him with conventional weapons.
Old 2007-06-02, 03:00   Link #839
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Bored... and it's 4PM local time here...

I introduce one of the many androids that frequent the bureau.

i can see Kha now, jumping like a kid.

Spoiler for TSAB Central Controller AI: CC:

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-06-02 at 03:34.
Old 2007-06-02, 03:13   Link #840
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Umm...no, no. I meat we all have a high girl %. Right? I'm also kind of unbalanced in that aspect (4 girls, 2 boys )
I'm currently at five girls and one guy. I just can't think of any male characters that isn't the Kyon, the Koizumi, or the Taniguchi...

Quote:
Once again 3 freaking AM in the morning. I have to stop posting so late ><. In anycase. Finally, I present you the last member of the Blue Flame Squad under the command of Cassandra Ivanov, Hiro Nakamura enters the game!
Interesting character. I see the Chrono Trigger reference in Arc Impulse.

On a tangent, when I saw the name, I half expected that he'd have a sword.

Quote:
Ah the personality to go crazy for. I remember dkellis/nighty submitting a team like that, except they weren't full references. Now I wonder how does Yuuno cope with this team. Anyway in a place that big, I think any number of Information Retrievers would be useful when t3h 1337 search engine Yuuno is out giving speeches.
I'm thinking that the units were probably bearing the main brunt of the work before Yuuno took over, and after he did, he streamlined a lot of the work, which would explain why the 8th IAR is now down to only two members.

Probably all the IAR units in general are but one facet of the corps of clerks assigned to the Infinite Library (which may or may not actually be infinite), and so Yuuno, as Head Librarian, probably only knows Halley and May in a professional manner. (Whether or not he keeps any pictures of Halley under his bed... let's not go there.)

Personally, I'm hoping that we'll see more of Yuuno's work in StrikerS, since otherwise, I'll be going entirely from guesswork. The Infinite Library concept has fascinated me ever since I read about Borges' Library of Babel, and I'd hate to have to keep correcting the story due to new canon information.

Quote:
After reading this post I'm tempted to pull an OC Library Exploration Club from the haremfest Negima...
On an odd note, I had a random idea about this when creating the 8th IAR, with the 8th IAR and the 37th CIAA joining forces to explore the depths of the Infinite Library for some reason or another, but then I realized that I would have no way of stopping myself from making bad jokes about random orangutans.

Quote:
EDIT: HOLY S******* I just got a very weird brain wave...

A powerful burst of mana was detected on Earth some time ago, but it's cause was never ascertained by the TSAB. However, Saint Church had been monitoring a unique wave signature from the planet ever since, and when an archaeological dig turns up the Gospel cartridges, the extremely divine ones supposedly etched with the entire Velka Bible on a nano-scale and tempered with the God Empress' blood, the Church discovers that the signature of the mana stored in the cartridges is the exact same one as the low energy one from Earth. The 21st is sent to investigate... And the question they answer will change the path of the New Velka forever...

Does the God Empress live?
I'm not sure if I'm reading the references correctly here...
Closed Thread