AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-04, 23:25   Link #521
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Overall I enjoyed the game. Though honestly I don't care if they were in orbit I would have still thrown Sarah out of the damn ship . It seems her entire purpose was to bring the collective intelligence of the crew down. How has she survived?
Old 2010-03-04, 23:48   Link #522
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I hate Sarah, Meracle should just seriously need to eat her already.

Actually, No. That may make Meracle-chan sick, so that is definitely.. a 'no'.

Not too long ago, I got all endings (Including Faize's) in one go, I could show you the walkthrough that helped me, but holy crap is it tedious as hell. :/

I power grinded and was hoping to get all of Arumat's trophies before I decided to go back to Faize, gues not.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:51   Link #523
H23

Sarah is so annoying... Meracle comes in second in level of annoyingness, but sadly enough, I use both of them in my party...
Why are the annoying characters the useful ones! If only Myuria was as good as Sarah...
Old 2010-03-05, 13:56   Link #524
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I hate Sarah, Meracle should just seriously need to eat her already.

Actually, No. That may make Meracle-chan sick, so that is definitely.. a 'no'.

Not too long ago, I got all endings (Including Faize's) in one go, I could show you the walkthrough that helped me, but holy crap is it tedious as hell. :/

I power grinded and was hoping to get all of Arumat's trophies before I decided to go back to Faize, gues not.
Some moments I was hoping Meracle would just use the knife and fork and go after Sarah. But yeah probably not good for her so best to just toss her out into space! Even if Sarah was a useful character in battle I never really needed to use her.

Yeah managed to get all the endings and it wasn't too hard. You had to be careful about not missing some things though. But yeah Crowe's ending....
Old 2010-03-07, 04:46   Link #525
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

And another Sarah hater joins the group...I mean,she's even more annoying than Lymle(which I hate because she's so cold and emotionless,they could have made her more like Meracle...)
Old 2010-03-08, 00:19   Link #526
Wrath88
Kissing...

No matter how much we hate her, Sarah is still the best 'white mage' for the team. I wonder how long it took the kingdom to get used to a diplomat like her anyway.
Old 2010-03-08, 09:09   Link #527
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Sarah annoyed me enough that I decided I didn't care how effective she was gameplay-wise, removed her from my party, and made myself the item-spamming healer. I think against some of the later bosses I spent more time on the item menu than actually fighting.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 10:53   Link #528
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

Healers are not needed at all in this game,unless you rush all the game.And even then,I don't think you need a healer with the right strategy.

If there's an absolute need,get the healer of the group and heal manually.I assure you you'll survive through nearly anything.

Hence,Sarah is simply useless.After the second half of the game I didn't even use Fresh Sage anymore,just healing items once in a while,so even her rez spell is nothing you'd ever need.
Old 2010-03-08, 11:23   Link #529
H23

In the main game - Edge is more than enough as a "Healer", but Sarah has her uses post game.
Old 2010-03-08, 15:09   Link #530
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah glad I didn't need to use Sarah at all during the game. Really you can manage just fine with items and other characters. Either the King that we met was an idiot or initially he had to be thinking "are those feathered people insulting me?" I mean Sarah as a messenger would be a disaster if things were ever serious. A few days after the fall of the kingdom she might stumble in to give a warning .

To be honest during her ending I was cheering for the cats.
Old 2010-03-11, 05:56   Link #531
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, I'm not exactly happy right now.

Back with Star Ocean 2nd Story on the old PS1, in the extra after-game dungeon which is much like SO4's Wandering Dungeon (traversing through several levels without save points), there was a glitch where the game would sudden;y freeze without warning in the dungeon, and you'd have no choice but to reset and lose everything you did because there aren't any save points to save your progress.

I just started the Wanding Dungeon in SO4 International. 5 hours and 20 levels later, as well as several great items that I was lucky to find in the random chests........the game freezes. And forces me to reset.

I'm very pissed right now.

And my PS3 has never had any trouble before, much less a freezing problem.

How the hell did they manage to get the same glitch in two different games on two different systems in the same kind of dungeon?
Old 2010-03-11, 07:23   Link #532
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, I'm not exactly happy right now.

Back with Star Ocean 2nd Story on the old PS1, in the extra after-game dungeon which is much like SO4's Wandering Dungeon (traversing through several levels without save points), there was a glitch where the game would sudden;y freeze without warning in the dungeon, and you'd have no choice but to reset and lose everything you did because there aren't any save points to save your progress.

I just started the Wanding Dungeon in SO4 International. 5 hours and 20 levels later, as well as several great items that I was lucky to find in the random chests........the game freezes. And forces me to reset.

I'm very pissed right now.

And my PS3 has never had any trouble before, much less a freezing problem.

How the hell did they manage to get the same glitch in two different games on two different systems in the same kind of dungeon?
Only way I've found around that is to force you game to run in 720p instead of upscaling it to 1080p =/ Not sure if PS3 version will also be fixed that way.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 14:55   Link #533
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Only way I've found around that is to force you game to run in 720p instead of upscaling it to 1080p =/ Not sure if PS3 version will also be fixed that way.
Is there any option to change that in PS3?Hope we don't get the exactly same freeze bug...
Old 2010-03-11, 17:13   Link #534
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNicolas View Post
Is there any option to change that in PS3?Hope we don't get the exactly same freeze bug...
You should be able to do it in your general settings I think. If not, then I'm not sure =/ Don't have my PS3 with me right now.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 16:13   Link #535
Striding Cloud

Anyone have any tips regard synthesis for the end game dungeons (Playstation 3 Version of the game, since there is no overflow glitch like the 360 has). I'm getting my butt handed to me, although none of my items are synthed, never tried, and have no clue what to do with them. Help would be much appreciated!
Old 2010-03-28, 10:10   Link #536
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striding Cloud View Post
Anyone have any tips regard synthesis for the end game dungeons (Playstation 3 Version of the game, since there is no overflow glitch like the 360 has). I'm getting my butt handed to me, although none of my items are synthed, never tried, and have no clue what to do with them. Help would be much appreciated!
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for tips on what kinds of items would be good to synthesize effects to your weapons and armor?
Old 2010-03-28, 11:22   Link #537
Striding Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for tips on what kinds of items would be good to synthesize effects to your weapons and armor?
ah yeah. basically what would be the best thing to be synthesizing into my weapons and armor. since im not to sure about the changes from 360 to PS3 and even the synthesizing system it self, not too sure how to go about it.
Old 2010-03-28, 12:22   Link #538
Wrath88
Kissing...

First off, where are you in the game at the moment?

Second, what happens if you try to do the overflow trick?

For now, I think you should synth EXP increasing items to your weapons and accessories (non-important ones), and farm as much as you can.
Old 2010-03-28, 13:14   Link #539
Striding Cloud

Not sure how to explain the overflow trick, but by fixing it, cant get the 620% exp boost, let alone any exp boost like in the 360 version, they also nerfed a lot of the factors. I believe if you synth the sabertooth tiger fang or w/e in the 360 version you get +18% atk, but got nerfed to 10.
I've just unlocked most of the light chests, expect the ones in the Cave of Seven Stars, and just about to start, but getting destroyed.
Old 2010-03-28, 16:45   Link #540
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

A party of this can probably handle Cave of seven stars:

Arumat > Edge > Sarah > Meracle

The thing is Arumat can spam certain symbologies while doing pretty badass damage. Edge is support and attack most part. Sarah is an absolute idiot but she is invaluable as a healer. Meracle is there for massive damage and blindsiding.

If you have items like EM bombs then use those only when you need to. Load on healing items and get tomes and the such to learn extra helpful skills. Have you used SP and team SP? The skill points are seperate but can help.

Keep distance on certain enemies, as they enjoy pounding on lower level players. Grinding is obvious, powergrind like you have no common sense or life.

Switch with Lymle if Sarah dies, healing is taken down a notch but it's better then ebing pwned by monsters smaller then you. (Oh.. the shame...)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote