3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-06, 18:23   Link #41
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
"This episode, which drastically advanced the plot, increased our understanding of several main characters, and set the scene for a big set piece battle, was basically just filler," -- someone, apparently.
Did someone said so? But fit this ep pretty well imo

Actually knowing Takaki and Aston for 2-3 episodes won't make me feel sorry for them if they r really down. Seeing a kind person like Takaki on battle field actually piss me off more and thanks to the rapid timeskip we don't really learn anything from them in this ep. At least the director knows how boring it would be to watch.

Hush is so diligent that I was about to rolling and laugh every time he answers Mika.
Lafter and Akihiro... I don't really see anything here yet. She said 'I don't dislike that part of you' which doesn't mean anything much outside platonic friendship. And Azee's look actually feels nothing special here or it is just me or u guys just too work up.

Anyway, the most interesting thing in this ep is Galigali and Julietta I enjoy their interaction. Btw is she a tsundere? She said she dislikes Galigali or sth but keep following him around.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 18:39   Link #42
Irenesharda

I do wonder about Julietta, in the beginning she said she didn't like Vi-Gali and now she's hanging out with him all the time. I wonder what they are trying to build here?

Also Vidar, is there something about how he said that he wonders who exactly he is, that make me wonder: IS that Gaelio? Or at least--ALL Gaelio? Does he have something else mixed in?

Are we going to see Ein return in some form?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 20:35   Link #43
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
concerning Chad's condition, why does the nurse said earth's healing chamber machine works slower than uh, martian or any space nation healing chambers? there is a technological gap or something?
They said slower, but healing better. I can see the rationale behind it. On Mars the focus is on speedy recovery so they can go back to work. On Earth, on the other hand, more value is placed on human life, and the focus lies on healing properly and completely. If that's confirmed, that is well thought up by the writers, an example on how different the mindsets of Earth and Mars are.

With all the death-flags flapping about, and bets being placed, here's my high-risk/high payoff prediction: Not Takaki or Aston will die, but Chad and Fuka. They've set up Fuka visiting Chad every day to see how things are going. What if, one day, she sees Radice euthanizing a recovering Chad, so he couldn't take back command. He'll kill her too, but she gets to note down something in her school Ipad thing exposing everything.

I honestly think Takaki and/or Aston are more likely to die, but this would be even more brutal, and leave enough combatants for larger battles. Also, what a twist it would be.
Old 2016-11-06, 21:00   Link #44
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Did someone said so? But fit this ep pretty well imo
No, it doesn't IMO. True filler episodes/arc means nothing to the series in the grand scheme of things where the main cast can return to the status quo after the said filler arc. This arc marked the fall or big stumble of Earth-Tekkie which is one of Tekkadan's biggest achievement from previous season (the possibility of character death aside). If our MCs & Tekkadan's situation doesn't remain the same after this arc, that means it's not a filler.

Quote:
Actually knowing Takaki and Aston for 2-3 episodes won't make me feel sorry for them if they r really down.
For those who paid attention, we already know Takaki since episode 1 of season 1 where he was the one receiving the most abuse in that episode. After that, his character was explored more in some more episodes of season 1. And we already knew Aston since the Brewers arc started when Masahiro talk to him and his friends about reincarnation. He’s also the one that Orga talked to along with other surviving Brewer kids and part of Eugene’s backup group during the final battle.

Quote:
Hush is so diligent that I was about to rolling and laugh every time he answers Mika.
That part was good. It proves that (at some level) Hush is not all talk. I can't wait to further see Mika as a mentor to him.

Quote:
Lafter and Akihiro... I don't really see anything here yet. She said 'I don't dislike that part of you' which doesn't mean anything much outside platonic friendship. And Azee's look actually feels nothing special here or it is just me or u guys just too work up.
I think that’s just avid shippers grasping at anything that support their pairing .

Quote:
Anyway, the most interesting thing in this ep is Galigali and Julietta I enjoy their interaction. Btw is she a tsundere? She said she dislikes Galigali or sth but keep following him around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I do wonder about Julietta, in the beginning she said she didn't like Vi-Gali and now she's hanging out with him all the time. I wonder what they are trying to build here?
I guess she slowly realized Vidar’s position after he pointed out that both of them are the same when it comes to being Rustal’s favorites. And Vidar’s friendly-enough tone when Julieta engages him in a conversation helps too. Who knows, Vidar might eventually become Julieta’s senpai that she looks up to at some point and Vidar, also at some point, will try to save or talk Julieta out of her blind loyalty to Rustal.

Quote:
Also Vidar, is there something about how he said that he wonders who exactly he is, that make me wonder: IS that Gaelio? Or at least--ALL Gaelio? Does he have something else mixed in?
That would be truly interesting. It kinda have a Full Frontal-vibe to it. Then again, Iron Mask from F91 also didn't consider himself as Carozzo anymore once he modified his body and put on that full-mask.
Old 2016-11-06, 22:20   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I imagine that they are trying to use that bond to develop Julietta beyond her loyalty to Rustal. I guess it's even possible that she'll ditch her loyalty to Rustal or at least not worship him to the extent she does anymore. If something happens to Rustal, we may not have to worry about her becoming Eins 2.0.
Old 2016-11-06, 23:21   Link #46
wissenschaft

Did I miss something? Was this episode called death flags?

BECAUSE HOLY DEATH FLAGS, BATMAN! lol

Someone better die after all this teasing.
Old 2016-11-06, 23:51   Link #47
NBG

I wonder what those 2 boxes were that vidar said were special. Some sort of AV?
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 00:19   Link #48
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
I wonder what those 2 boxes were that vidar said were special. Some sort of AV?
The brains of Carta and Ein (I really hope that isnt the case)
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 02:36   Link #49
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
The brains of Carta and Ein (I really hope that isnt the case)
Maybe your onto something despite that twisted joke

AI cores perhaps to help piloting???

More likely than not though they're just random parts from the suit sitting around that he just happens to be working with at the time (or storage containers for parts)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 03:07   Link #50
tdx

With chain of command being brought to our attention anew (with Mossa very smoothly usurping the leader's position before Takaki even knew) another drawback of running a brotherhood that is Tekkadan over the clearly defined army structure is emphasized. Earth Tekkadan is the worst, but it seems like there's no hard-set chain of command and rank system on Mars either: yes, Orga is the boss and has supreme authority with any decision, but for everyone under him it's kind of messy, it's absolutely unclear who can unconditionally veto who among the sub-commanders, who should take charge when there's no clear leader around and things like that (that's why cases like Hush's, where he basically played the nepotism card through Mika, are even possible).

Moreover, I have a hard time grasping the actual rank of Teiwaz's overseers within the organization. I mean, technically, from the info on the official site, they're just accountants? Radice is an accountant, auditor and office worker. Merribit is in charge of accounting, too, but acts more like a secretary to Orga than anything. Moreover, these guys are clearly civilians who don't know the first thing about war, tactics and fighting. Tekkadan is a friggin PMC, so all common sense on Earth (and Mars) screams that those two cannot not only be second-in-commands, they're not even in a position to have ANY say in military matters, period. So wtf with them always trying to meddle in military affairs (at least Merribit was doing it out of misguided kindness in season 1, though it doesn't change the fact that she had no right and still has none and needs to keep her mouth shut more often on those matters, but compared to that Ratdice dick though...).

The crucial difference between Mars and Earth's top management was that Orga doesn't let Merribit interfere with his military decisions and leadership no matter how much she tries to, keeping her in her place, while Chad didn't prove a capable enough leader to keep Ratdice in his, which, coupled with the lack of ironclad chain of command and Takaki's naivette, led to a disaster.

Quote:
Well since he didn't expect nor set up the war, I don't think he planned to get anything out of it. I think that he just wants to end it in the best way he can since he knows that it's only there to take up his time and distract him from what else Rustal could be doing in the process . Also because he's been so busy, I also don't think he really is intentionally keeping Orga in the dark or anything. He just hasn't had time to contact them himself. Also, he actually doesn't know anymore than Tekkadan does. He has his suspicions that Rustal is behind it, but that doesn't help anyone. He knows that Earth Tekkadan are being manipulated by someone, but I think Orga is figuring that out at this point. Also remember that Orga is working with Isurugi to get to the bottom of this. Who else could have sent Isurugi to help other than McGillis himself since Isurugi is McGillis' man? So, it makes sense considering that all three sides are trying to figure out their way around a war.
Even if McGillis didn't plan to get anything out of it, knowing him, he might be planning now, or, at the very least, some outcomes would be more favorable to him than others. So it comes down to the question, which side does he want to win at the end of the day?

The SAU side is noob soldiers backed up by some GH, the Arbrau side is also noob soldiers, but backed up by pro mercenaries Tekkadan and Mossa. I personally don't see which side winning would benefit McGillis more (or maybe I should say, do less damage in the long run): if the Arbrau side wins, it'll strike another blow to GH's reputation (that Tekkadan beating GH wasn't a fluke, and that mercenaries > GH), also tensions might start rising even higher with the SAU, not to mention it might play into Mossa/Rustal's hands by hyping Mossa and him attaining a hero status; if the SAU side wins, it'll damage Tekkadan's status significantly, setting them up as incompetencies who're all talk and nullifying all what they built on Earth, not to mention those 12 (so far) lives will be lost in vain, and there's just no way Orga will like it, thus endangering Macky's alliance with him (especially now that McGillis is about to participate personally in what has a lot of chances to turn into some more killings of the Tekkadan members...) So I really hope Macky has some solid plan how to avoid the worst of the potential fallout, especially where Tekkadan is concerned.

Quote:
I don't really ship them, but you have to keep in mind that the show is trying to be somewhat subtle with romantic hints (I think Atra's crush is the most obvious we get?), having little scenes here and there that get the possibility across pretty clear (think Yamagi's crush). Based on that, I'd say there's definiely something there, whether it's Lafter feeling especially big-sister-ly about Akihiro or something of potential romantic nature.

If we assume that Lafter isn't in a hurry to return to her Darling because she likes to keep Akihiro company, it makes me wonder why does Azee (and that Eco girl mechanic) keep sticking with Tekkadan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Someone better die after all this teasing.
This. As much as I came to care for Takaki and Aston, I don't want to feel the same strange frustration I experienced back when Ein's rampage proved to be cheaply harmless with none of the 3 named pilots he was shown "brutally killing" actually dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
AI cores perhaps to help piloting???
Will Carta's be much of help tho'? it might be counterproductive cause there's a danger of it making GaliGali crush on Macky hard
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 03:08   Link #51
Router25
World Connector. I think

Wow, a whole month has passed in this episode. I only thought they would skip 2 weeks but the plan of dwindling down the numbers is very cruel.
Get ready for Akihiro going FULL CITY on those bastards.
Old 2016-11-07, 05:12   Link #52
dragon1412

Ok, that's just a hell lot of death flags, Takaki seem hard to survived this. For once, Chocoman actually seem like an angel to me. We keep on criticising him but after this ep i can only said that Chocoman is downright angelic,

For Lafter x Akihiro, i don't really see much shipping material here. Sure they are close, as Lafter is the one who trained Akihiro and interact with Tekkadan the most, i see it mostly like big sister- younger brother relationship, only time could if it develop into another form.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 05:28   Link #53
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post

Radice is an accountant, auditor and office worker. Merribit is in charge of accounting, too, but acts more like a secretary to Orga than anything. Moreover, these guys are clearly civilians who don't know the first thing about war, tactics and fighting. Tekkadan is a friggin PMC, so all common sense on Earth (and Mars) screams that those two cannot not only be second-in-commands, they're not even in a position to have ANY say in military matters, period. So wtf with them always trying to meddle in military affairs (at least Merribit was doing it out of misguided kindness in season 1, though it doesn't change the fact that she had no right and still has none and needs to keep her mouth shut more often on those matters, but compared to that Ratdice dick though...).
I would argue that Merribits kisldness was well placed and appropriate, yet rejected by misguided Tekkadan rather than other way around, considering she represents common sense and basic morals....
Old 2016-11-07, 06:07   Link #54
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would argue that Merribits kisldness was well placed and appropriate, yet rejected by misguided Tekkadan rather than other way around, considering she represents common sense and basic morals....
It was the ideals vs reality clash, with Merribit representing isolated common sense/basic morals with no account for reality, while said reality left Tekkadan no choice. In the end, Merribit just preached and protested against the choice the Tekkadan kids made but offered no better alternatives (because there was none at the time). Remember her preaching to Orga that kids "won't be able to return", and when he asked "Return? Where?" she stumbled and couldn't answer? That moment basically sums up the whole deal. At the time, she, a person with obviously a decent life until then, simply lacked imagination and capacity to understand the hell that was those kids' everyday life since the day they were born (compare to the understanding that Kudelia, a person who didn't know hard life either, showed in the same situation, to see the fundamental difference, which demonstrates yet again why Makanai called Kudelia a realist with a firm grasp on reality, while the same couldn't be said about Merribit).
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 08:02   Link #55
Tenzen12

It just means world itself is wrong. Saying that Tekkadan didn't have any choice is wrong as well. Orga decided aim high and rest of group tagged along. They could back of sooner, they wouldn't have big farm and mine, but they would still lived better than under CCG.

Of course Merribit could probably help merge boys into Teiwaz if they changed mind, youngest kids would probably go all to the school if nothing else.
Old 2016-11-07, 08:34   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It just means world itself is wrong. Saying that Tekkadan didn't have any choice is wrong as well. Orga decided aim high and rest of group tagged along. They could back of sooner, they wouldn't have big farm and mine, but they would still lived better than under CCG.
Nah, the moment Gjallarhorn targeted them in episode 1 season 1, the kids are doomed. After the first attack in episode 01, CGS takeover by Tekkadan, and the fight with Crank, their only choice are:
  1. Get rid of Kudelia by handing her over to Gjallarhorn and hoping for Corral to leave them alone after that. But given Corrals’ douchey personality, he’d slaughter all the kids anyway, just like how he ordered Crank to wipe out all the witnesses. Bad choice.
  2. Refuse Kudelia’s offer (and refuse Nobliss’ money at the same time) and awaiting Corral’s troops to come to Tekkie base and slaughter them all. Not even Mika/Barbatos can fight an army of Grazes at that point. Bad choice again.
  3. Accept Kudelia’s offer as their first job, got money from Nobliss, got themselves a ship and provisional support + 1 Repaired Graze thanks to the money. With those, they got better chance to fight Corral’s troops (which they did, and killed him in the process). It’s one hell of a bet, but it’s helluva better than the previous options.

In short: yeah, Tekkadan had no choice but to fight. They either fight or being slaughtered by Gjallarhorn like rabid dogs. And yes, Merribit is just an accountant who can offer no better alternatives at the time. In this sucky world without money or power, Merribit's words of compassion and comfort are hollow when it comes to Tekkie kids.

Quote:
Of course Merribit could probably help merge boys into Teiwaz if they changed mind, youngest kids would probably go all to the school if nothing else.
You'd think a mere accountant like her has that much power over a big mafia group? And yes, Teiwaz is a mafia group, not charity foundation. That's not how they work. In order to live under Teiwaz' protection, the kids must make money for them and Kudelia's mission is the only source of their income at the time (and Kudelia trusted no one other than them), so Tekkadan had to do it and the kids were better off working under someone they could fully trust like Orga instead of a random mafia division who would abuse them.
Old 2016-11-07, 09:06   Link #57
Tenzen12

We are talking about their new job, ie delivery of Makanai to Edmonton. They got money and Orga said that they would profit even if they ditched it, but he wanted (and ultimately got) more.

As for merging it was on table from very beginning, single word and boys of Tekkadan would make career in Various Teiwaz sub-groups or even in Teiwaz itself.

As for Merribit, she is not just accountant, she is middleman between Tekkadan and Teiwaz and act also as advisor. So yeah her word should have certain weight. Not that Naze (who came with that idea in first place) wouldn't backing any decisions boys do.
Old 2016-11-07, 09:13   Link #58
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

For those who paid attention, we already know Takaki since episode 1 of season 1 where he was the one receiving the most abuse in that episode. After that, his character was explored more in some more episodes of season 1. And we already knew Aston since the Brewers arc started when Masahiro talk to him and his friends about reincarnation. He’s also the one that Orga talked to along with other surviving Brewer kids and part of Eugene’s backup group during the final battle.
I mean a whole episode centers around a character.
For Takaki and Aston we only have 2-3 ep recently. But seriously, even Biscuit's death don't really moved me much. His death is more plot device or sth cause his character didn't make much impact to the audience though his existence was important to Tekkadan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post

I don't really ship them, but you have to keep in mind that the show is trying to be somewhat subtle with romantic hints (I think Atra's crush is the most obvious we get?), having little scenes here and there that get the possibility across pretty clear (think Yamagi's crush). Based on that, I'd say there's definiely something there, whether it's Lafter feeling especially big-sister-ly about Akihiro or something of potential romantic nature.

If we assume that Lafter isn't in a hurry to return to her Darling because she likes to keep Akihiro company, it makes me wonder why does Azee (and that Eco girl mechanic) keep sticking with Tekkadan?
Atra's crush is obvious, for ss1, I only care if Kudelia fell for Mika but actually I always expect triangle love when it comes to pilot's love life. Tbh, I did wanted another girl to join Tekkadan since Atra and manager-san are not enough.

Anyway, Lafter in ep 26, she did complained that if the pilot guys don't become better, they can't go back to Naze's side.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 09:26   Link #59
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so who feels sorry for the guy who unknowingly flew his plane into Ahab particles?, he didn't even had time to eject from the craft as he plummets to his doom.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 09:36   Link #60
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, I feel sorry for Takaki and Aston... They're being played by adults who wanted to bring McGills Fareed down along with Tekkadan.

Of course, the preview for the next episode might contradict it, but I feel that Takaki and the others might die by the time Mikazuki arrives.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote