AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-07-12, 03:41   Link #2241
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Isn't her baton her CAD? How can you miss that?
What a fan!
Lol; isnt her baton a weponized integrated cad; and its only purpose is increasing the cad strength?>3

And if you watch the anime...theres no activation sequence on her self accel magic.? The only magic that doesnt show activation sequence is that of Tatsuya and Erika so far?...or is that the anime staff forgot to put her some Active sequence?....besides how can I miss that?

EDIT: After watching Ep. 15 Now I get it; why they didnt used activation sequence with Tatsuya, Erika ; I think because the activation sequence is too fast~ I think magician can skip activation sequence when they are pretty familiar with the magic they are using~!

But still contradicts to Erika's weaponized integrated cad.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-07-12 at 13:33.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 06:01   Link #2242
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
In early spoiler, Kuroba's agent call Tatsuya-dono, but spoiler from TrueAlchemist they said Tatsuya-sama.

Which one is right?
TrueAlchemist's spoilers are from the Korean translation, I'd take them with a grain of salt if I were you.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 11:23   Link #2243
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Lol; isnt her baton a weponized integrated cad; and its only purpose is increasing the cad strength?>3

And if you watch the anime...theres no activation sequence on her self accel magic.? The only magic that doesnt show activation sequence is that of Tatsuya and Erika so far?...or is that the anime staff forgot to put her some Active sequence?....besides how can I miss that?

EDIT: After watching Ep. 15 Now I get it; why they didnt used activation sequence with Tatsuya, Erika ; I think because the activation sequence is too fast~ I think magician can skip activation sequence when they are pretty familiar with the magic they are using~!

But still contradicts to Erika's weaponized integrated cad.
Pampz, buddy? A WI CAD is still a CAD. Granted, it activates faster, but thats about the only difference. The reason Erica uses them is to make up for her slow casting speed.

And the question was whether or not someone else had used magic w/o a CAD.

And it related to the topic because.... um, something about the mind-controlled CAD, I believe?

And on a completely different track, is Miyuki actually capable of crippling Tatsuya through the seal? I would have thought he could cancel or overcome it somehow.
Old 2014-07-13, 13:16   Link #2244
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

And on a completely different track, is Miyuki actually capable of crippling Tatsuya through the seal? I would have thought he could cancel or overcome it somehow.
He can't cancel it I think. If he could, the link between them would have been useless, he has no Mental Interference magic. According to spoilers, she will lose all her powers if she seals his ES.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 16:24   Link #2245
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
He can't cancel it I think. If he could, the link between them would have been useless, he has no Mental Interference magic. According to spoilers, she will lose all her powers if she seals his ES.
He undid it on his own when he had Miyuki destroy the parasites.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 01:43   Link #2246
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
TrueAlchemist's spoilers are from the Korean translation, I'd take them with a grain of salt if I were you.
Mine say, "sama".
But, I would advice all of you to wait for full translation in English.

Korean translation was fully translated, but some translators use the different words on the same subject. (But, I do not believe, they would confuse between dono and sama.)
So, I tends to read both English / Korean translations or multiple translation sources to shorten the gap between the original and translated versions.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 03:27   Link #2247
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Mine say, "sama".
But, I would advice all of you to wait for full translation in English.

Korean translation was fully translated, but some translators use the different words on the same subject. (But, I do not believe, they would confuse between dono and sama.)
So, I tends to read both English / Korean translations or multiple translation sources to shorten the gap between the original and translated versions.
It should be dono in this case. I can make out enough Japanese to know when the names are mentioned, and Fumiya and Tatsuya are used in the same sentence, with Fumiya being followed by -sama, and Tatsuya followed by -dono.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 04:13   Link #2248
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
It should be dono in this case. I can make out enough Japanese to know when the names are mentioned, and Fumiya and Tatsuya are used in the same sentence, with Fumiya being followed by -sama, and Tatsuya followed by -dono.
I think you are right.
In Korean, we do not distinguish between -sama and -dono.
So, I only assumed, they used the -sama.

I think, I got confused with the other translated version that stopped at earlier chapters. Some other translators actually use "sama"and "dono", but the translator who translated the full volume, does not distinguish between two terminologies.

I apologize for the confusion.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 21:08   Link #2249
bakato

Preview of chapter 2 is up!
Old 2014-07-15, 22:43   Link #2250
Jedsada

hmm, It seem like Kazama was worrying about Tatsuya rather than Kyouko who Saeki ordered him to keep an eye on.

Well, he has good reasons for.

3 years ago at Okinawa -> Miyuki was mortal wounded -> GGA forces was slaughtered.
1 year ago at 9SC -> Miyuki's CAD nearly got tampered -> Japan's branch of No Head Dragon was slaughtered.

Imagine if something happen with Miyuki this time. (from spoilers, there is a thought of using Material Burst on Mount Fuji come in Tatsuya's head for a short while... )
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 12:12   Link #2251
TheDisruptiveOne

I really dislike Fujibayashi. Would love to see Tatsuya deal with her as an enemy at some point.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 12:16   Link #2252
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I really dislike Fujibayashi. Would love to see Tatsuya deal with her as an enemy at some point.
Why do you dislike her so much?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 17:39   Link #2253
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Why do you dislike her so much?
Because as some have said she basically used Tatsuya this volume.
Old 2014-07-16, 18:30   Link #2254
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
To be fair to Fujibayashi, it's completely understandable for her to feel stronger loyalty towards her family and towards her commanding officers than towards Tatsuya. From TrueAlchemist's spoilers, it sounds like the Fujibayashi family rely heavily on the Kudou's support and would be pretty isolated within the magic community if they lost that support, so Kyouko isn't really in a position where she can lightly risk incurring Kudou's displeasure. Plus Retsu is her grandfather and this whole plot was basically a way for him to ensure that Minoru wouldn't get drafted into the army - and Kyouko is apparently very fond of her half-brother/cousin. So going against Retsu would have been hard for her on several levels.

Then there's the fact that Saeki and Kazama weren't exactly stopping her or sharing information with Tatsuya either, so she didn't even have a plausible excuse for refusing to do Retsu's bidding.

It's unfortunate for her that she has lost Tatsuya's trust (however much of it she ever actually had is another question) but I can see why she did what she did. Also by the sounds of it, she didn't know the full extent of Retsu's plan and felt really bad about manipulating Tatsuya. Really, she seems to have just been in a really unenviable position in this story arc.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 21:13   Link #2255
TheDisruptiveOne

Tatsuya has noble goals. Goals that will benefit the entire magic community. I can't support anyone that would put those goals in jeopardy. Fujibayashi has always been this way towards Tatsuya. Willing to use him as if he were a tool.

Fine. She chose family. That was a mistake. Kudou is going to be dead soon. It remains to be seen what kind of influence the family will have when he is gone. She should know better than anyone what Tatsuya is capable of.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 22:21   Link #2256
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Because as some have said she basically used Tatsuya this volume.
When you compare it to "The Big Three" (aka Mari, Mayumi and Katsuto) Modus Operandi, which is:
"If we can't trick him into doing our bidding, FORCE him!!!"

I think what she does is pretty mild.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 22:30   Link #2257
Verisimilitude

Wait, we're getting pissed off at people that "use" Tatsuya? So isn't that most people in the Mahoukaverse?
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:20   Link #2258
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
When you compare it to "The Big Three" (aka Mari, Mayumi and Katsuto) Modus Operandi, which is:
"If we can't trick him into doing our bidding, FORCE him!!!"

I think what she does is pretty mild.
The difference is, though, that they didn't even scratch all of his secrets at that point. Once some of those skeletons came out and he didn't have to hide as many of them anymore, it is really more like Tatsuya is doing the manipulation. (Hence the Mayumi chocolate of suffering in retribution...)

Fujibayashi, on the other hand, is more privy to his secrets from the get go, so her doing it feels more like a betrayal to people.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:47   Link #2259
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
The difference is, though, that they didn't even scratch all of his secrets at that point. Once some of those skeletons came out and he didn't have to hide as many of them anymore, it is really more like Tatsuya is doing the manipulation. (Hence the Mayumi chocolate of suffering in retribution...)

Fujibayashi, on the other hand, is more privy to his secrets from the get go, so her doing it feels more like a betrayal to people.
That's another matter.

Fujibayashi helped him a lot. It's more like give and take.

But The Big Three does nothing for him and always keeps asking for more.
And when Tatsuya forces them to co-operate with each other, for their own good, Mayumi decides to give him some bitter chocolate as punishment.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:58   Link #2260
Rava

True, they are certainly a set of demanding kids compared to Fujibayashi.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote