AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-06, 17:02   Link #61
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If i had to pick a gundam i think it would be Gundam X. That show didnt focus as much on the mecha, but on the characters and their development. Which i thought was awsome, ZZ was okay, but it was to mecha orientated for me >.<

hmmmm think im going to have to dig out my Hamelin dvd and watch it again now ive been talking about it. It's been over a month since i last watched it lol
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 09:30   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
If i had to pick a gundam i think it would be Gundam X. That show didnt focus as much on the mecha, but on the characters and their development. Which i thought was awsome, ZZ was okay, but it was to mecha orientated for me >.<

hmmmm think im going to have to dig out my Hamelin dvd and watch it again now ive been talking about it. It's been over a month since i last watched it lol
Turn A Gundam focuses even less on the mecha. Not to say that Gundam X isn't awesome with characters like Jamil Neate, and another interesting thing about Gundam X is that for once the backup units are actually useful (The Gundam Leopard and Airmaster). Though could you imagine how popular it would be if it aired today in the age of Lolis as air and objects of worship. Tifa Adil would be insanely popular and it wouldn't have been cancelled.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 15:36   Link #63
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol just think if it was remastered and remade for todays audiance Although that said i think they'd change alot of it, since todays kids want the mecha and fights, and less of the personal trials. (Tifa is super cute though, especially in her bathing suit )

To be honest i couldnt get into Turn a Gundam, it was lacking something that X had. I think i laster 3/4 of the way through before i gave up.

A few more chapters of Hameln manga have been released the past few days aswell

Speaking of which, im half way through rewatching and DAMN its still a good series. Sure there's a lot of still scenes, but they flow so well it dosent matter. Amd the music!!! i so want the OST's for this series.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 15:43   Link #64
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Hamlin is overlook and shunned if you give it a chance its rather good.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:09   Link #65
shadowii

great time to find this thread
personally i love the manga and the anime not so much.
I would argue tha despite the comedy aspect the manag could get even darker than the anime (particualry in chestra's case)

it is interesting how japanese anime/manga works. usually the manga starts than the anime begins and deviates from the manga and then ends while the manga is still ongoing. This was the case with hameln which continued a full four years after the anime ended.

by the way to all the people who like the manga,
Michiaki Watanabe is presently doing a sequel series that is ongoing
Violinist of Hameln: Shchelkunchik
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote