AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-19, 09:57   Link #25521
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I had the original intention of it being a Shadow who killed him for knowing too much and, since he's now been forgotten by everyone, is safe to eliminate without repercussion. Now that you put it that way, though, I would not put it against an in-universe Yuunoha hater to do so... OR an in-universe Yuunoha hater who's also a Shadow!
I'll point out again that in Shadowverse, at least, there's no good reason to kill Yuuno and to use a Shadow to do it; on top of that, killing him would leave way too many holes with Nanoha and Chrono, as friends and as people in general. The chances of Yuuno dying in Shadowverse are slim to none.

Also, Miyuki would totally track Chrono's ass down and kill him.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-19, 11:21   Link #25522
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

I did raise questions of a similar nature earlier on in this thread, just so you know.

I would also like to offer my response:

A) I did not explicitly say it was a part of the Shadowsverse, "authorised" or otherwise. It was inspired by discussion on the Shadowsverse, but Yuuno's killer was not explicitly identified in the text as a Shadow.
B) I recognise that it would, at least in theory, be unwise to neutralise Yuuno; however, the scenario I had in mind for Death of a Nobody was based on taking Yuuno's demotion to extra in canon, including being absent from his library, to its illogical conclusion: One man, forgotten by all friends, is not just extra... he is expendable. No one will miss him.
C) The Celica Conundrum proves that the Shadows aren't all firmly in Chrono's grasp anyway. I honestly doubt that the pre-selection psychological profile covers such things as a hatred for Yuuno. It doesn't take a master criminal to carry out simple precautions like wearing gloves and not leaving usably large amounts of DNA traces behind - not like finding said traces is as easy or reliable as much fiction mistakenly has it - much less a trained operative. If (s)he was a Shadow, which as mentioned in point A is meant to be up in the air.

I doubt I'll be dipping my toes into the Shadowsverse waters often anyway. I wuvvies my Reinno stuff, which is incompatible with Shadowsverse. So I don't believe we need to or should cross swords over this matter.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 11:34   Link #25523
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Posted Chapter 3 of Future Tense to ff.net; you can find it here.

And as a side note, it's nearly impossible to control what people do with something you release into the wild. Considering that we ourselves are creating works of fiction using a universe created by someone else, it leaves little room for us to complain when someone does the same to us.

On that note, I've had a few people ask about using concepts, settings, and characters I've developed, so I'll state in advance if anyone else wants to use them, or write a story in the universe I've created, feel free. I can help with any concepts or ideas you have, but if you want to write something to surprise me, feel free, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 11:39   Link #25524
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Tie @_@

A:IIIII III
B:IIIII III

waiting for one more vote~

[EDIT]

A won

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-06-19 at 11:53.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 11:45   Link #25525
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I did raise questions of a similar nature earlier on in this thread, just so you know.

I would also like to offer my response:

A) I did not explicitly say it was a part of the Shadowsverse, "authorised" or otherwise. It was inspired by discussion on the Shadowsverse, but Yuuno's killer was not explicitly identified in the text as a Shadow.
B) I recognise that it would, at least in theory, be unwise to neutralise Yuuno; however, the scenario I had in mind for Death of a Nobody was based on taking Yuuno's demotion to extra in canon, including being absent from his library, to its illogical conclusion: One man, forgotten by all friends, is not just extra... he is expendable. No one will miss him.
C) The Celica Conundrum proves that the Shadows aren't all firmly in Chrono's grasp anyway. I honestly doubt that the pre-selection psychological profile covers such things as a hatred for Yuuno. It doesn't take a master criminal to carry out simple precautions like wearing gloves and not leaving usably large amounts of DNA traces behind - not like finding said traces is as easy or reliable as much fiction mistakenly has it - much less a trained operative. If (s)he was a Shadow, which as mentioned in point A is meant to be up in the air.

I doubt I'll be dipping my toes into the Shadowsverse waters often anyway. I wuvvies my Reinno stuff, which is incompatible with Shadowsverse. So I don't believe we need to or should cross swords over this matter.
Ah, sorry, I got confused. You threw me for a loop by saying to Raiser that it was a Shadow (or a Yuunoha-hater Shadow) who killed Yuuno, so I mistakenly thought you had based it off my Shadowverse. Sorry for the misunderstanding. So, sorry about that.
Old 2010-06-19, 18:23   Link #25526
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't feel like editing my post for this; plus, it's not really related to what I already posted. Next chapter of "Shadowfire" is up and running: Winter Wind.
Old 2010-06-19, 23:25   Link #25527
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Spoiler for CYOA Vivio POV:
Spoiler for Part 2:
Old 2010-06-19, 23:40   Link #25528
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hmm... I'll choose A cuz it sounds more interesting.
Old 2010-06-20, 00:19   Link #25529
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I think that it's A-ok to go with this choice.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 10:12   Link #25530
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I vote A for great drama justice!
Old 2010-06-20, 11:22   Link #25531
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

A: IIIII II
B: IIIII
Spoiler for previously:
Spoiler for Part 3:
Old 2010-06-20, 11:35   Link #25532
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Mama knows best, so I'm gonna go with A. God knows my mom was pretty much in charge when we went shopping for this. XD
Old 2010-06-20, 11:40   Link #25533
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Heh, considering Fate's taste in underwear, it'll be interesting to see Nanoha's reaction, so A!

This part was really well done, effectively voicing my own thoughts on the matter: Vivio sees Fate as her mom, but that doesn't mean Fate is married to Nanoha and is legally her mother. StrikerS establishes Fate as Vivio's god mother, and it's never been said that her title has changed any.
Old 2010-06-20, 13:11   Link #25534
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I've never picked anything out, cothing wise, that I've actually worn so A.

On a different note, I didn't know Fate was Vivio's Godmother officialy. I just thought that she was like a second parent.
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 13:15   Link #25535
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This choice is Alright with me.
Old 2010-06-20, 13:16   Link #25536
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I've never picked anything out, cothing wise, that I've actually worn so A.

On a different note, I didn't know Fate was Vivio's Godmother officialy. I just thought that she was like a second parent.
Sorta, there aren't really clear cut boundaries with this sort of thing. When the whole 'mama' thing started, Fate said "I'll be your god mother, so in a way I'm like your mama too" or something along those lines. Since Fate has experience with kids, it was her job to help Nanoha and Vivio settle in to their new relationship. Later Fate distances herself from them to let them grow as parent and child on their own. Of course since Fate did have a big hand in raising Vivio, the girl does view her as a mother figure and treats her as such.
Old 2010-06-20, 13:22   Link #25537
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Nanoha in general has always been about different types of family units, and familial love and relationships. To the point that romantic entanglements themselves are virtually eliminated. It's showing us that families can form in many different ways, and end up looking very different. But they are no less a family, of people who care about each other.

Adoption, in particular, is strongly pushed. People who aren't blood-related, deciding to become family, or joining a part of another family. Like the Yagamis, or the Harlaowns, or the Nakajimas... the latter has a father with initially two children who aren't technically his, and he ends up adopting four more.

It's a way to say, "Hey, you can have a family without the standard or traditional family roles." Indeed, romantic attachments would mangle the main message, so I can see why Seven Arcs won't ever go there. Initiating romantic attachments would destroy the message that you can't have a family without some kind of romantic love in there.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 15:21   Link #25538
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

]A: IIIII IIII
B: II
Spoiler for previously:
Spoiler for Part 4:
Old 2010-06-20, 15:35   Link #25539
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I C what you did thar.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 16:23   Link #25540
vic-vic

Do your best, Einhart-chan. I`ll go for C
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha